The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52601)

Sam_the_saved 12-15-2010 09:04 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 654572)
"We"? I don't recall seeing you at church before, friend. <_<

Anyways, you seem to have made a small, yet important, mistake in your summary. Women, though we are inclined towards foolishness and sinfulness, are people, its just that the Bible does not have any prohibitions against selling people. Of course, being a mere women myself, I may have misunderstood scripture, and would gladly accept a rebuking from a Godly man such as a pastor if I am wrong.

Also, please take care to capitalize pronouns when referring to Him, friend.

Forgive me sister, I arrived only last night following terrible events I dare not mention at this time.
Although I doubt I can forgive myself for that error of capitalization. I believe some further self-whipping will be needed tonight.

I can understand, with difficulty, how to a woman such as yourself it may appear that the lesser sex are "People" of some sort, however I am inclined to believe that they are in fact mere devices of God, though as you suggested will be quick to take the matter up with a Holy Man, to clarify.

Lycia The Repentant 12-15-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam_the_saved (Post 654853)
I can understand, with difficulty, how to a woman such as yourself it may appear that the lesser sex are "People" of some sort, however I am inclined to believe that they are in fact mere devices of God, though as you suggested will be quick to take the matter up with a Holy Man, to clarify.

Apologies accepted, Sam. As I am sure you've seen, we do get many Godmockers here pretending to be righteous sorts (why, just one of our treasured members revealed himself to be a filthy sodomite!), so please forgive me for being suspicious at first.

I believe that women are people (lesser people, of course. Leviticus 27 makes it very clear we're only worth 1/2 to 3/5 of a man, at best), simply because the alternative is far too horrifying to contemplate! Please, allow me to put forth my reasoning.

If women weren't people, then it would follow we would either be some sort of automata or animals. While the Bible doesn't specifically say anything about robots, I think its fair to say that they can't sin simply because they are robots (much in the same way any Godly conservative knows guns don't kill people). Now, if women are animals (land-dwelling, of course), it would mean that the following scripture applies:

"And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast." Leviticus 20:15

which would directly contradict this scripture:

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply..." Genesis 1:28

Which, of course, is impossible, since the Bible cannot contradict itself.

Ergo, I believe that women are people much in the same way that Nigras or slants are people. Lesser, and more inclined to sinfulness, but equal.

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28

MitzaLizalor 12-15-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bible Student (Post 654694)
You would be correct if troy were used. However the troy pound is no longer in use, and most biblical conversion methods use avoirdupois even when speaking of precious metals. Or at least many of the ones I have come across. But either way that is till a boatload (or hundred) of money.

The troy pound [troy] is not used for anything. Gold is always quoted in ounces. The troy ounce [ozt] is used and is not the same as an ounce (avoirdupois) [oz]. A pound of gold is always a troy pound [troy].
Talents are no longer used either, but they still have a value.
Kg are standardised.

Some of these units, although not in common use, are still the standard for selling children, or when marrying a daughter to her rapist (silver shekel), so it is important to use "correct weight" in transactions.

Sam_the_saved 12-15-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 654860)
Apologies accepted, Sam. As I am sure you've seen, we do get many Godmockers here pretending to be righteous sorts (why, just one of our treasured members revealed himself to be a filthy sodomite!), so please forgive me for being suspicious at first.

Gracious! I am sorry to hear this. The homosexuality illness can strike even the most outwardly holy of men. I have faith though, that in the mortal lifetime these "people" may,through God, achieve some kind of normalcy. Regardless, they shall surely be punished in the afterlife.

Quote:

If women weren't people, then it would follow we would either be some sort of automata or animals. While the Bible doesn't specifically say anything about robots, I think its fair to say that they can't sin simply because they are robots (much in the same way any Godly conservative knows guns don't kill people). Now, if women are animals (land-dwelling, of course), it would mean that the following scripture applies:

"And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast." Leviticus 20:15

which would directly contradict this scripture:

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply..." Genesis 1:28

Which, of course, is impossible, since the Bible cannot contradict itself.
Your logic is flawless Lycia, and I am eternally grateful that you have shown me the error of my previous, ill-conceived beliefs. For these foolish misconceptions I shall punish myself tonight more so than I typically would on a weekend.

To think that to lay with a woman would be to lay with an animal? My repulsion is beyond words.

Quote:

Ergo, I believe that women are people much in the same way that Nigras or slants are people. Lesser, and more inclined to sinfulness, but equal.

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
Of course. Just as the negro was made for slavery, and the chink youth for tedious labour, the woman was invented by God, in his great wisdom, as a means to an end, though as you have pointed out they are still human, despite my initial thoughts on the matter. As a human myself (Albeit a vastly superior one) I commend your reasoning and faith, sister.

ouththecloset 12-15-2010 11:40 AM

Well chap i believe your daughter is worth more then you because so far from what i have seen she is the only one on this site with any brains so i believe after u read this and ban me for "being a retarded" again i would like to point out that you guys are very stupid and foolish for believing in god and the rest of this non sense that you all believe to be real when the fact is god is a made up bank account that church's use to get rich off of all you non sense people.

You all are a f uck load of freaks, that don't understand the meaning of love, I am seriously at a loss of words that can describe how vile you are. This thread makes me want to throw up, a girl or woman is NOT property, I honestly don't give a f uck what the bible says, it doesn't make it right, and I hope for your sake that you understand that this is not right, and stop what your doing, just because it was wrote in the bible that it's OK doesn't make it so. You people are the reason I left christianity, for being inhumane, cruel, discriminating freaks of nature. The god I believed in loved us each no matter what color your skin was, or what sexuality. It's time you all pulled your heads out of your a ss's and realize the bible is a tool, made by a awful person, used to brain wash people, into thinking that killing and discrimination is right. If their is a real hell, you people will be the freaks sent their.

ouththecloset 12-15-2010 11:49 AM

You all are the reason I left christianity and moved to The Church Of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, let him touch thy soul with his noodly appendage, else thy body and soul shall parish in the fiery pits of Hell. Spaghetti 37:5.

Spaghetti 74:14

Those that are cruel and discriminatory to others shall not be allowed into the Refrigerator of Holy Left Overs, but shall be cast into the trashcan of bad food.

RAmen

ouththecloset 12-15-2010 12:01 PM

Oh um by the way theirs no f ucking possible way the Earth is round :\ If it was it would be impossible to get to the other side of the Earth ( yet people still get there ), or does god somehow create a magic door that teleports you to the other side of the Earth, if you still don't believe me that get an airplane with alot of gas, start flying in one straight direction, you will find that you do not reach the end of the world but instead you will reach the destination from were you left from o.O mind explaining that? Seriously if you HONESTLY believe that the Earth is round, you are a F UCKTARD beyond salvation, sorry but that means when all you christians get your f ucking heads out your a sses, and realize their was no good and never will be, you will still be hopelessly lost, stuck in a battle for an make believe god and his zombie son. o.O hope this helps a few people =D oh and by the way if your going to post your retarded logic explaining how this all somehow fits and works, just don't we both know your full of crap. And I would rather be doing something fun like hanging out with my African friends or Asian friends, that read a bunch of logic that states if you believe something is real than it is :\ if that were true, we would have zombies, unicorns, man-bear-pig's, fairies, leprechauns, talking animals, all running around Earth, but we don't :\ Again hopes this makes a few people how f ucking retarded your d amn religion is. =P

ouththecloset 12-15-2010 12:06 PM

LOL sorry meant to say "flat" lol, but hey everyone makes mistakes sometimes =P, especially you guys. Am I right? XD Yeah I'm right. In The Flying

Spaghetti Monsters Name, RAmen.

Lost Sheep McUinnean 12-15-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouththecloset (Post 654897)
Oh um by the way theirs no f ucking possible way the Earth is round :\ If it was it would be impossible to get to the other side of the Earth ( yet people still get there ), or does god somehow create a magic door that teleports you to the other side of the Earth, if you still don't believe me that get an airplane with alot of gas, start flying in one straight direction, you will find that you do not reach the end of the world but instead you will reach the destination from were you left from o.O mind explaining that? Seriously if you HONESTLY believe that the Earth is round, you are a F UCKTARD beyond salvation, sorry but that means when all you christians get your f ucking heads out your a sses, and realize their was no good and never will be, you will still be hopelessly lost, stuck in a battle for an make believe god and his zombie son. o.O hope this helps a few people =D oh and by the way if your going to post your retarded logic explaining how this all somehow fits and works, just don't we both know your full of crap. And I would rather be doing something fun like hanging out with my African friends or Asian friends, that read a bunch of logic that states if you believe something is real than it is :\ if that were true, we would have zombies, unicorns, man-bear-pig's, fairies, leprechauns, talking animals, all running around Earth, but we don't :\ Again hopes this makes a few people how f ucking retarded your d amn religion is. =P

Thank you for persecuting us with your drug-fueled obscene zoophiliac ramblings.

Nice of you to back nothing up too. Have a bad day.

YIC McUinnean of that Ilk.

Davion 12-15-2010 08:37 PM

your Disgusting!
you want to sell your poor innocent Daughter

:jesus: will let you burn in the Hell for this!!!

Levi Jones 12-15-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davion (Post 655108)
your Disgusting!

Quite the opposite. The Bible allows for a man to sell his daughter. Why do you hate God so much?

Exodus 21:7-11 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.
And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.
If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.
And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.

MitzaLizalor 12-16-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davion (Post 655108)
your Disgusting!

It is because she is innocent that she can be sold.
God tells us that non-innocent daughters are whores fit only for killing.

DEUTERONOMY 22:20-21
20 But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginitie be not found for the damosel:
21 Then they shall bring out the damosell to the doore of her fathers house, and the men of her city shal stone her with stones that she die, because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her fathers house: so shalt thou put euill away from among you.

©1611

Unless they have been raped, of course, in which her father would already have been compensated for the depreciation in her monetary value and she would be married to the rapist. Have you read the thread? This has already been covered several times, for example: here

Bible Student 12-17-2010 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 654862)
The troy pound [troy] is not used for anything. Gold is always quoted in ounces. The troy ounce [ozt] is used and is not the same as an ounce (avoirdupois) [oz]. A pound of gold is always a troy pound [troy].
Talents are no longer used either, but they still have a value.
Kg are standardised.

Some of these units, although not in common use, are still the standard for selling children, or when marrying a daughter to her rapist (silver shekel), so it is important to use "correct weight" in transactions.

But Revelation makes it clear we are talking about stone weight, not some modern precious metal gimmick. None of the references use a pound of gold. Troy is a modern concoction used by heathen jewelers to cheat people and wasn't much in use until after the fall of pagan Troy.

wtfmate89 12-20-2010 12:38 AM

Is this for real? You all are crazy who support this. I don't care that the scripture says a man can sell his daughter. That was written a couple thousand years ago, we now live in the 21st century. You all need to take your heads out of your butts and grow up and get with the times. I am honestly sickened by the fact that you would even fathom selling your daughter.

Crazy ass Christians.... You're the reason why people have given up on religion

bowowowow 12-20-2010 12:39 AM

Wow , is this for real ? I won't even bother reading all the 14 pages because I'm really afraid my IQ will drop .
I hope you lose everything , house , job , money and become a bum on the streets . Why do you involve your daughter in your crazy psycho delusions and beliefs? let her make her own choices and if she isn't influenced by your dumbass I'd bet that she would never want to be apart of this religion .

Really disgusted , I hope once your daughter reaches 18 she runs and never gives you a phone call , nothing actually I hope ( if you have more than 1 kid that all do the same thing ) and you become an old crazy jesus freak in some mental institute alone crying .
Thanks for your time .

Cranky Old Man 12-20-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wowowowow (Post 657602)
Wow , is this for real ? I won't even bother reading all the 14 pages because I'm really afraid my IQ will drop.

You do not have to be afraid of that. It is not possible to have a negative IQ.

Quote:

I hope you lose everything , house , job , money and become a bum on the streets.
You are not a very nice person.

Quote:

Why do you involve your daughter in your crazy psycho delusions and beliefs?
Because the Holy Bible tells us to do that. There is nothing crazy, psycho or delusional about that.

Pastor Ezekiel 12-20-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowowowow (Post 657602)
Wow , is this for real ? I won't even bother reading all the 14 pages

So you've decided to spew hatred and judge us without even bothering to read the thread? And you expect us to take you seriously, right?

Quote:

I'm really afraid my IQ will drop .

Not much chance of that, fido. :glare:

Quote:

I hope you lose everything , house , job , money and become a bum on the streets . Why do you involve your daughter in your crazy psycho delusions and beliefs? let her make her own choices and if she isn't influenced by your dumbass I'd bet that she would never want to be apart of this religion .

Really disgusted , I hope once your daughter reaches 18 she runs and never gives you a phone call , nothing actually I hope ( if you have more than 1 kid that all do the same thing ) and you become an old crazy jesus freak in some mental institute alone crying .
Thanks for your time .

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule of worshiping satan and spreading your legs for anyone with a dollar to post this hateful message. The Holy Bible tells us that we are actually Blessed by your persecution! Thanks for proving that we're right. :tiphat:

Quote:

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Enjoy hell. I know that Jesus and I can't wait to watch you burn in hell for all eternity. Oh, how we'll laugh at you as you scream in agony! Shout Glory!! :yahoo:

YIC,

--Pastor Ezekiel

Levi Jones 12-20-2010 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfmate89 (Post 657600)
Is this for real? You all are crazy who support this. I don't care that the scripture says a man can sell his daughter. That was written a couple thousand years ago, we now live in the 21st century.

What does that have to do with anything?
Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Quote:

You all need to take your heads out of your butts and grow up and get with the times.

I believe that is what got this country into the mess it's in. Take prayer out of schools, allow baby murder, accept homosexuality and you get the world in its current state.

We would like to take the world back to a more idyllic time when a man could earn enough to take care of a family with his wife staying home. A time when there were no queers. A more genteel era when blasphemers were scourged.

Quote:

Crazy ass Christians.... You're the reason why people have given up on religion

Thanks you for your persecution. The Word tells us we are blessed by it.

MitzaLizalor 12-20-2010 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bible Student (Post 655877)
But Revelation makes it clear we are talking about stone weight, not some modern precious metal gimmick. None of the references use a pound of gold. Troy is a modern concoction used by heathen jewelers to cheat people and wasn't much in use until after the fall of pagan Troy.

I think that the main thing is that buyer and seller agree on an exchange rate in any transactions, perhaps similar to the exchange of foreign currency: there may be a good exchange rate there, but over here they don't want to see my passport; whatever.

There haven't been any disagreements that I'm aware of.

Proverbs 11:1 . Ezekiel 45:10

The system of weights and measures we use are derived from a very ancient standard. In America, or in Australia (where I am at present residing) our metrology is closely associated with (or, more accurately, is a part of) the British system.
For obvious reasons.
I know there are heathens watching this thread, and - so as to not appear boorish - I will acknowledge their demonic metric system, and note that even in satanic France the general population do not fully accept this Napoleonic invitation into the vile cesspit of languid torpor and continue to order many common commodities ŕ la livre.

:link:

Prior to the standardisation of weights, the local standard was the actual weight of a particular seed (the grain weight).

Quote:

..the first weights were not fashioned by man but by nature. In order to weigh small amounts precisely, small objects that were easily obtained and of a consistent size were needed. So the grains and seeds of plants were chosen for their elegant uniformity. A grain of wheat became the grain of weight..
Note particularly:

Quote:

The weights of seeds were eventually transformed into stone equivalents for the weighing of general goods,
The period when prices for cattle, sheep, women - and other low value possessions - were determined, was the period when this standardisation was being established. Egyptian weights for gold, silver or for general purposes, might have been established, but trade was also being opened up with India, for example, where the mustard seed was the standard.

Before the various exchange rates were fixed, as stone weights, the principle that precious metals were traded according to a separate and extant scale was universal.

But it is not that important for low value commodities; slaves; daughters.

Bible Student 12-20-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Wow , is this for real ? I won't even bother reading all the 14 pages because I'm really afraid my IQ will drop .

Well you wouldn't be the first person in the world that reads so slowly that they reach senility before they finish their first book.

Seems to say more about you than the True Christians™ here at Landover Baptist Church.