The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Modest Fashion (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=106134)

SoldierofChrist 06-20-2015 07:47 PM

Modest Fashion

Hello sisters!
I know as women we like to look our best within the guidelines God has given us! So I thought I would create this thread as a place to share modest and affordable pieces of clothing we bought/saw/made to share with eachother!

When posting here please keep these verses in mind!

Deuteronomy 22:5 KJV
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

1 Timothy 2:9-10 KJV
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

1 Peter 3:3-4 KJV
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 06-21-2015 12:51 AM

Re: Modest Fashion

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a favorite little blue house dress I own. A friend drew a picture of me in it for you. It was then used in an advertisement in our compound, isn't it charming?

Brother Harold Porter 06-21-2015 01:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Don't forget appropriate dress for Christian children, even at night. I can't say Jesus approves, but He might.

Attachment 24878

And this makes Jesus sob. The skin..the slut.

Attachment 24877

In Christ

SoldierofChrist 06-21-2015 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson (Post 1149101)
Here is a favorite little blue house dress I own. A friend drew a picture of me in it for you. It was then used in an advertisement in our compound, isn't it charming?

Absolutely breathtaking!! I found a rendering of a dress a friend made from an old set of drapes! I thought it lovely, and quite thrifty as well! Attachment 24885

Witch Hammer 06-22-2015 06:12 AM

My wife has been wearing the same potato sack moomoo day in and day out for nearly twenty years now. She's had to splice in some new burlap occasionally to accommodate for her ever-increasing girth, but over the years I've saved a small fortune on clothing costs.

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 06-22-2015 06:21 AM

You are so blessed with a thrifty wife! My husband demands that I dress in a manner befitting his station, so I must obey him. I do my best to be economical and not buy extra frills; after all, it wouldn't do if I was wasting his money.

SoldierofChrist 06-22-2015 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 24886

Isn't this lovely!

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 06-23-2015 12:27 AM

Sister, red is the color of harlots. You are asking to be raped in that dress. Rethink it, will you? :)

SoldierofChrist 06-23-2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson (Post 1149331)
Sister, red is the color of harlots. You are asking to be raped in that dress. Rethink it, will you? :)

Maybe something like this, of course I would remove the buttons, sew the front together and put them in the back so as not to draw attention to the bust. Demure in color and design but still quite lovely.

http://www.kimisdress.com/pic/notch-...ed-couture.jpg

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 06-23-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoldierofChrist (Post 1149375)
Maybe something like this, of course I would remove the buttons, sew the front together and put them in the back so as not to draw attention to the bust.

I don't like the idea of being able to disrobe someone from a blind spot. A Gypsy, or someone with similarly smooth fingers, (like those people who are often skillful musicians) could strip her, and she could claim that she didn't see it happening.

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 06-23-2015 06:02 PM

Thank you being so concerned for your meek Sisters in Christ! Perhaps could we make the buttons unobstructive and tiny, but down the front?

Esther B. 06-25-2015 01:55 PM

Back in the 1970s, a Welsh woman named Laura Ashley designed some beautiful and incredibly modest prairie dresses. They are floor-length, long-sleeved, they have high collars, and the fabric patterns are lovely. I'd post a picture or two, but I have a very busy day ahead of me and I need to get started on things.

MitzaLizalor 06-26-2015 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson (Post 1149101)

The material is quite nice, but there were one or two (3) areas of concern for me, was the picture re-touched in any way or were you wearing warpaint for the sitting?
I've indicated the areas
(attached)

http://www.23hq.com/23666/21089604_4...678b_mblog.jpg
. . . . . . .click to enlarge

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 06-26-2015 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1149619)
The material is quite nice, but there were one or two (3) areas of concern for me, was the picture re-touched in any way or were you wearing warpaint for the sitting?
I've indicated the areas
(attached)

http://www.23hq.com/23666/21089604_4...678b_mblog.jpg
. . . . . . .click to enlarge

Why, Sister, I'm such a foolish woman! I didn't see that! How dare they sully my God-given beauty with such added foolish paints of Satan!!! :angry:

Brother Tobias 06-26-2015 04:51 PM

What is wrong with covering up ? Simple clothing that covers all of body. The woman with the indjan warpaint is harlot. I suspect she wants to get raped.

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 06-27-2015 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tobias (Post 1149666)
What is wrong with covering up ? Simple clothing that covers all of body. The woman with the indjan warpaint is harlot. I suspect she wants to get raped.

Brother, that "harlot" is I, but the satanic painter disfigured me with that Indian get up. I am a Christian lady who is married to a good Baptist pastor. :innocent:

Brother Tobias 06-27-2015 02:15 PM

Well, we all know where he will end up:firedevil:

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 06-27-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tobias (Post 1149777)
Well, we all know where he will end up:firedevil:

He used to live in our good Baptist compound, and then when this came out, my husband was enraged at the immoral portrayal of me, and he was banished from our safe, Christian environment.

Esther B. 06-27-2015 08:01 PM

Sister Elizabeth, that is a lovely drawing of you and that dress is gorgeous. Where did you get those delicate gloves from?

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 06-28-2015 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther B. (Post 1149811)
Sister Elizabeth, that is a lovely drawing of you and that dress is gorgeous. Where did you get those delicate gloves from?

If you ignore all that sinful make up he drew on me, that's a good picture of me before I was pregnant. I'm not that thin anymore, but will be again in no time. After all, we women have to look pretty for our husbands, as well as hardworking, diligent, and submissive. :) My assistant helped me make the gloves. If you buy good satin, they will keep your hands lovely -- even on the occasion when the Negros are lazy and I have to help wash dishes or clean the house.