The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Pastor Zeke's News Wire (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Who is to Blame for the Notre Dame Fire? Atheists. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116174)

Johny Joe Hold 04-16-2019 02:48 AM

Who is to Blame for the Notre Dame Fire? Atheists.

There is speculation a fire in the famous Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris was an accident caused by workmen doing repairs. Forget that. We know atheists from Hitler and Stalin have tried to destroy Christianity since day one. Investigators should simply face this truth and get on with the prosecution.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIF.0...=95&w=175&h=98

https://news.yahoo.com/notre-dame-ca...1&noRedirect=1

Dana723 04-16-2019 02:55 AM

Re: Who is to Blame for the Notre Dame Fire? Atheists.

1 Attachment(s)
Look! Our President made a suggestion, and the French are so humbled by his suggestion! Those stupid people...they have no idea how to put out a fire!

Basilissa 04-16-2019 04:42 AM

First of all, God and God only is responsible for the fire.

Now, while God is responsible for the fire, some human must have started it, and for that I'd blame Catholic priests. They probably had a wild orgy (maybe celebrating someone's birthday or something) they were smoking marijuana, and that started the fire.

OneFailure 04-16-2019 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1249632)
There is speculation a fire in the famous Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris was an accident caused by workmen doing repairs. Forget that. We know atheists from Hitler and Stalin have tried to destroy Christianity since day one. Investigators should simply face this truth and get on with the prosecution.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIF.0...=95&w=175&h=98

https://news.yahoo.com/notre-dame-ca...1&noRedirect=1

I think radical Islam did it but I wouldn't be suprised if athiests did it to. I really hope they catch the awful sinners that set fire to this place.

Seeing this fire saddened me. This was such a beautiful landmark and was as famous as other landmarks in the us or the United kingdom.

I hope the cathedral is repaired. This cathedral is breathtaking from what the photos show. It would be a shame to lose this historical landmark

mrgrtt123 04-16-2019 06:36 AM

It would take some time to find out who started the fire. :rebuke:

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 04-16-2019 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1249632)
We know atheists from Hitler and Stalin have tried to destroy Christianity since day one.

Atheists and blasphemers, like popes. :thumbdown:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgrtt123 (Post 1249656)
It would take some time to find out who started the fire.

Boy, that's deep! Whatever would we do without the sort of insightful analysis we receive from Canada?

OneFailure 04-16-2019 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1249660)
Atheists and blasphemers, like popes. :thumbdown:

Boy, that's deep! Whatever would we do without the sort of insightful analysis we receive from Canada?

Athiests dont like any religious person. Why would they like popes?

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 04-16-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneFailure (Post 1249661)
Athiests Atheists dont don't like any religious person. Why would they like popes?

What I wrote: Atheists and blasphemers, like popes.

Note the comma. It is there for clarity: if I had intended to use like as a verb (thus converting what I wrote into a complete sentence), then I would have written "Atheists and blasphemers like popes". The comma makes it clear that like is being used as a synonym for "such as". Can you see the difference? That is why God gave us punctuation. You should try using it. It will help you to understand.

Ezekiel Bathfire 04-16-2019 10:45 AM

I have much sympathy with you Sister Joanna - It seems to me that Atheists/Catholics such as OneFailure struggle with God's American language - it all stems from not reading the Bible.

American is perhaps the simplest of all languages but also the clearest - I sometimes wonder how foreigners and the ungodly (but I repeat myself) manage to understand themselves.

To assist

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

If English was good enough for Jesus in the Bible, it's good enough for me.

OneFailure 04-16-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1249665)

Note the comma. It is there for clarity: if I had intended to use like as a verb (thus converting what I wrote into a complete sentence), then I would have written "Atheists and blasphemers like popes". The comma makes it clear that like is being used as a synonym for "such as". Can you see the difference? That is why God gave us punctuation. You should try using it. It will help you to understand.

Athiests dont like popes though. If they carried our this attack then they pretty much dont think to highly of Catholics it wouldnt make any sense if they did like Catholics since they hate every religion

Basilissa 04-16-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1249665)

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneFailure (Post 1249673)
Athiests dont like popes though.

:facepalm: Who cares?

Sister Joanna has already explained to you that she did not express an opinion about atheists' preferences. Seriously, nobody here cares what or whom atheists like or dislike. They, like popes, are going to Hell, that's the only important thing about all these people.

Brother Gonzalez 04-16-2019 02:40 PM

Oh for all that is holy!

Should we be writing in statements for the poor and the uneducated?

-> Atheists & (blasphemers, [like the Pope])

The "&" divides the sentence. Resolve the sentence between () first. And then add the atheists.

Between (): Blasphemers, [like the Pope]. It does not mean the blasphemers like the Pope, it means the Pope is a blasphemer.

So, we have "The Pope is a blasphemer", but it also says there are other blasphemers like him. This blasphemers, along with the atheist (in the first part of the sentence, that now we can safely add) are to blame for the fire.

If you don't understand this now, I can make a draw. But it will cost you some money.

Isabella White 04-16-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1249644)
First of all, God and God only is responsible for the fire.

Now, while God is responsible for the fire, some human must have started it, and for that I'd blame Catholic priests. They probably had a wild orgy (maybe celebrating someone's birthday or something) they were smoking marijuana, and that started the fire.

Yes to all of that, dear Sister Basilissa. And they probably lit up some incense and swished it around to cover up the smoke of that marijuana. And who knows whether it was the marijuana or the incense (or both) that caught their girly dresses and high hats on fire? A blessed day to you, Dear Sister. Sincerely, Isabella W.

handmaiden 04-16-2019 06:44 PM

Allow me to clarify for the exceptionally stupid.

"Atheists and blasphemers, for example, the Pope"

NOT "Atheists and blasphemers approve and support the Pope"

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 04-16-2019 07:47 PM

What is quite interesting is:

(1) The Frenchies currently suspect (or claim to suspect, you never can tell with people like that) that this fire, which has caused a fair old bit of damage, may have been caused by restoration work.

(2) Their master plan to solve the problem is to engage in further restoration work.

Even my children and I think that (2) seems like a pretty silly idea. My husband just rolled his eyes and said "What else would you expect of the Frogs? And who cares?"

Johny Joe Hold 04-16-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1249702)
What is quite interesting is:
(1) The Frenchies currently suspect (or claim to suspect, you never can tell with people like that) that this fire, which has caused a fair old bit of damage, may have been caused by restoration work.
(2) Their master plan to solve the problem is to engage in further restoration work.

That "the fire was caused by restoration work..." sounds like an atheist's front. What better way to burn down something built to worship God but to say, "Hey, my friends and I own a restoration company. We'll go in there and make it like new."

Atheists fooled the Catholics. They cannot fool me.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 04-16-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1249703)
That "the fire was caused by restoration work..." sounds like an atheist's front. What better way to burn down something built to worship God but to say, "Hey, my friends and I own a restoration company. We'll go in there and make it like new."

Well that's precisely my husband's point, Brother Mr Mayor, Sir! He says that what will happen next is that the Frenchie government will do the usual thing of getting three quotes for the work, and obviously the cheapest one will be from someone whose name ends in -ski or -ak or -czyk. So they'll sensibly reject that one, because the Polaks always insist on being paid in cash. Then they'll reject the most expensive one, because they're cheapskates. And the one in the middle who gets the job will be the atheists again.

It serves them right, really. And it's hard to even pretend to care, isn't it?

OneFailure 04-17-2019 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1249675)

Sister Joanna has already explained to you that she did not express an opinion about atheists' preferences. Seriously, nobody here cares what or whom atheists like or dislike. They, like popes, are going to Hell, that's the only important thing about all these people.

I know that. I was just saying

OneFailure 04-17-2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1249675)

Even I'd they are going to hell the fire was still awful.

DolliMoans 04-17-2019 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneFailure (Post 1249730)
I was just saying

That was your mistake honey.

Proverbs 17:28

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.