The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Permission to Clarify? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116274)

OutRider 05-06-2019 06:05 PM

Permission to Clarify?

Greetings!

So, basically, one thing I've noticed when reading posts on these forums (and participating in argument in general) is that for a large portion of the time, arguments are hindered by misunderstanding of the opponent's points.
What this means for you is that you become unable to convert an atheist because you argue against a position they don't support, and thus your arguments, however effective, fall flat.

I would thus like to ask permission to post full(ish), easy-to-understand explanations of popular atheist concepts, such as evolution and the position of atheism.

I ask permission for 3 reasons:
- It's common courtesy, since this is your private forum

- You may want Atheism to be misunderstood - this is a thing I have seen among more cult-like religions, though I think that you would want to save as many people as possible, and do not fall into this category

- If you think this is a really good idea, I would love to post these on more than just the introduction forum; but as unsaved trash I can't do that. I thought it would be worth asking in case you are gracious enough to upgrade me and allow me to spread information and increase debate efficiency for more people

So, what do you say?

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 05-06-2019 06:54 PM

Re: Permission to Clarify?

Hello dear. If you use the Search function, you will very probably find that any topic you want to talk about already has a dedicated thread. You do know, don't you, that there is nothing to stop you posting your "clarifications" on those threads? It is simply that you are currently unable to waste people's time and bandwidth by starting quite pointless and obviously malicious new threads (like this one) outside the Introduction forum.

I hope that helps?

Brother Gonzalez 05-06-2019 07:08 PM

As Joanna has said, you can post wherever you want, just not to start new threads.

Speaking of which, this is your intro thread. Here is where you tell us what Church do you go, how you came to know Jesus and what are your favorites Bible verses.

And please remind this is NOT a debate forum. Your post is both offensive and wrong. We are not here to make atheists look bad. We are here to worship God, and share our love for Him to each other.

If you are here, uninvited and unwelcome, please have the decency to follow the rules. If you want to debate about God vs Nothing, please go to Reddit, or wherever young ladies are gathering together to worship the devil nowadays.

Thank you very much for your (God given) understanding.

OutRider 05-06-2019 07:26 PM

Yes I suppose I can post as a reply, but I think it would be very useful if the definitions of such things had their own posts, as they can be quite lengthy and are then easily referenced.

I understand that, as I keep seeing over and over, "This is not a debate forum". What I also keep seeing over and over are atheist coming over, you trying to convert them, and failing because you're using the wrong argument;
"An axe, however sharp, cannot be used to write a book"

Brother Gonzalez 05-06-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutRider (Post 1251274)
Yes I suppose I can post as a reply, but I think it would be very useful if the definitions of such things had their own posts, as they can be quite lengthy and are then easily referenced.

I understand that, as I keep seeing over and over, "This is not a debate forum". What I also keep seeing over and over are atheist coming over, you trying to convert them, and failing because you're using the wrong argument;

Wrong again. God converts people. We are just His instruments.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 05-06-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

I assume that by lengthy you mean verbose. Less is more, dear.

Quote:

I understand that, as I keep seeing over and over, "This is not a debate forum". What I also keep seeing over and over are atheist coming over, you trying to convert them, and failing because you're using the wrong argument ...

Indeed, this is not a debate forum. It seems that this simple sentence is beyond the comprehension of the average atheist. Yes, they (or should I say "you"?) come over here. Why? You mostly seem as uninterested in being "converted", as you so crudely put it, as we are in "converting" you. You are merely here to plague us with inanities, presenting what you think are new and exciting arguments. We have heard it all before and the endless repetition is merely tedious.

You have already failed (and admitted as much) on the thread I linked to above. At the risk of being nearly as tediously repetitious as you and your friends, Use The Search Function.

OutRider 05-06-2019 08:26 PM

Fair Enough.

BrotherLarry 05-06-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutRider (Post 1251279)
Fair Enough.

Have I missed it or has our atheist friend not yet begun to make his or her points? I await with great eagerness.

Mary Etheldreda 05-06-2019 08:40 PM

Permission denied, dear. This is nothing more than virtue posturing by the Godless, attempting to dupe the vulnerable Seeker of Truth™ to our humble forums to follow Satan instead of the Word of God. Shame on you. Is Hollywood not enough for you evil mental orgies?

Dennis Lukes 05-06-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutRider (Post 1251270)
What this means for you is that you become unable to convert an atheist because you argue against a position they don't support, and thus your arguments, however effective, fall flat.

Oh well. That's their loss, not ours.

Quote:

I would thus like to ask permission to post full(ish), easy-to-understand explanations of popular atheist concepts, such as evolution and the position of atheism.

I can assure you that if you start posting your neo-Nazi social Darwinist eugenics EVILutionist propaganda here, our righteous moderators will take punitive action.

Quote:

- You may want Atheism to be misunderstood - this is a thing I have seen among more cult-like religions, though I think that you would want to save as many people as possible, and do not fall into this category

On the contrary. We understand atheism far better than brainwashed sheep do. Why not come over to Jesus before you join Christopher Hitchens and Madalyn Murray O'Hair in Hell?

Cranky Old Man 05-06-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

What I also keep seeing over and over are atheist coming over, you trying to convert them, and failing because you're using the wrong argument;

We are not trying to convert people. We simply show them the truth. What they do with that is up to them. We can not alter the truth to make it more appealing, then it would no longer be the truth.

So if God tells us that, as soon as Trump makes America follow Biblical laws, sluts should be killed (Deuteronomy 22:20-21), gays should be killed (Leviticus 20:13) and annoying children should be killed (Deuteronomy 21:18-21) all we can do is tell people about this.

If that fails to convert people the fault is with them, not with God and not with us. After all, God is perfect (Proverbs 3:19; Romans 16:26-27; 1 Timothy 1:17) and so is His Bible (Deuteronomy 4:2, Revelation 22:18-19, Psalm 12:6-7, 2 Peter 1:20).