The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   PETA Spits on God From the Grave (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=18085)

Pastor Ezekiel 12-11-2008 12:33 PM

PETA Spits on God From the Grave

Brothers and sisters, we all know that PETA is a terrorist organizaion. They are another branch of big jewery, with communistic hippies and radical feminazis acting as their mouthpiece. :angry:

Now THIS; PETA has found a new way to spit on Jesus from the grave. Imagine ow enraged He'll be when he sees what they're doing to coffins! :fear2:

Quote:

Dying to support animal rights? Try a PETA coffin

EDGEWOOD, N.M. – For animal rights activists, sticking up for furry or feathered critters is a way of life. Now it can be a way of death, too.

A New Mexico company is building all-wood human coffins in a partnership with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. They bear painted slogans, such as "Lifetime PETA Member" or "I saved 500 animals."

Another serves up a last laugh that plays on a long-running PETA advertisement: "Told You I Wouldn't Be Caught Dead in Fur!"

The coffins, which went on sale last week, are priced from $620 to $670, which includes a $75 PETA contribution. Made of wood, they are designed to be Earth-friendly, with no screws, nails, hinges or animal-based glues.

They are assembled by Dienna Genther, 44, a former construction worker from Bellingham, Wash., who operates a company called The Old Pine Box in rural Edgewood, about 30 miles east of Albuquerque. She began handcrafting coffins from pine, cedar, maple and other woods in 2004.

When initially contacted, Genther thought PETA wanted to discuss marketing coffins for pets. Her company builds those, too.

"But then they sent the designs, the classic toe-pincher style, and I realized they wanted human coffins," she recalled. "I told them, `We can do it.'"

Genther is not a PETA member but, "I support their cause."

Michael McGraw, a PETA spokesman in New York, said the organization has about 2 million members and supporters, suggesting there are plenty of potential customers for PETA-themed coffins.

"We expect a healthy interest," he said. "It's the best way for people to continue to use their voice for animals in death."

While some designs might seem irreverent, the PETA coffins aren't unusual, Genther said. For years, she noted, funeral homes have offered stylized coffins with such adornments as religious symbols or sports team logos.

Joan Calpin, a 40-year-old health insurance billing clerk and PETA member in Middletown, Del., plans to buy one.

"It's a great idea," she said. "For myself and a lot of my friends who are activists, everybody always says, `All my life, I've helped animals.' Well, now you can say it even after your life is over. You're still helping animals."

eliot mayfield 12-11-2008 12:36 PM

Re: PETA Spits on God From the Grave

I saved 500 animals? PETA kills pets! They have never actually saved a single animal ever! PETA is a satire animal rights org. They really are a bunch of meat eaters laughing as they kill puppies and eat them! And the fact they are based in Hollywood should tell you they are satanists as well. They probably fornicate with kittens.

Nobar King 12-11-2008 02:20 PM

These PETA types are real brainiacs. "Let's paint PETA slogans on signs and then bury them for eternity." That's going to work really great, guys. How about burying all of your other signs, too, if it's such a great idea.

Capt. Aaron Portway 12-11-2008 04:39 PM

This makes less sense than the usual nonsense from these PETA whackos. What's the point? If I gave half a crap about their stupid, Godless message, I'd certainly wonder how burying a loved one in a pauper's pine box is going to keep people from wearing leather shoes!?!

As others have stated before on these Godly boards, if God's didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of delicious meat! If the Lord didn't want us to wear mink or chinchilla, he wouldn't have made them so soft, warm, and beautiful. And cows wouldn’t be made of leather if God didn't want us to make jackets, purses, and shoes out of them!

SayvedByTheLord 12-11-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliot mayfield (Post 271831)
They probably fornicate with kittens.

And then they eat them alive afterward !

Ezekiel Bathfire 12-11-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Joan Calpin, a 40-year-old health insurance billing clerk and PETA member in Middletown, Del., plans to buy one.

"It's a great idea," she said. "For myself and a lot of my friends who are activists, everybody always says, `All my life, I've helped animals.' Well, now you can say it even after your life is over. You're still helping animals."
If it's a particularly shallow grave she may help some coyotes...

Eugene Hackwith 12-11-2008 08:37 PM

Those PETA people worry me. Anyone who ranks animals right up there with humans must be crazy. It's a good thing I have electric, barbed wire fences around my property. This helps to protect my caged chickens, the puppy mill, and the slaughtering shed from any potential mischievous eco-terrorists.

Pastor Isaac Peters 12-11-2008 08:50 PM

I, for one, think it's a wonderful idea. In fact, I think it's such a wonderful idea that I'd like to treat the people who came up with it to dinner at Big Bob's House o' Veal on Oliver North Parkway. :cheers:

I'm kidding, of course. In reality, giving animals rights shows ingratitude to the Almighty. It's as though He had send us a beautifully wrapped Christmas present and we had just scrawled "Return to Sender" on it and taken it back to the post office.

Gen. 9:2: And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth [upon] the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.