The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=45137)

JakubDovac 04-27-2019 09:13 PM

Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 543475)

Again, I must point reiterate, nowhere in the Bible does it tell us not to judge.

It depends in which situations. Those verses are in the Bible too.


Who art thou that judgest another manís servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. Romans 14:3-4


Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. 1 Corinthians 4:5

JakubDovac 04-27-2019 09:18 PM

Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by True Disciple (Post 731562)
There are quite a few Passages you are overlooking:

Ephesians 4:30:
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

2 Corinthians 1:22:

Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

We are sealed by the Holy Spirit of God "unto the day of redemption." It protects us from falling away again.

John 10:28-29:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.


No man is able to "pluck us from Jesus' hand" once Jesus gave us eternal life.

Romans 8:38-39:
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


There is nothing on this world that can separate us from Jesus' Love, once we have accepted Him as our Lord and Savior.:wub:

Romans 11:29:

For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

If God called you to be Savedô, you are Savedô, because God doesn't repent about that.:thumbsup:

Philippians 1:6:
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

God will finish the Work He has begun in us until the last of days. He will prevent us from falling away.

1 Peter 1:5:
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Again, it is God who makes sure that we keep believing in Him and are Savedô. To say that Savedô people can fall away again is to deny God's Power to keep us from doing so.

So you see, once a person is Savedô, God will make sure that that person remains Savedô. Are you doubting His Almighty Power?:huh:

You may be overlooking some too, sir.


but your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. Isaiah 59:2


But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him. 1 Samuel 16:14

If there was no free will, then God had none either.

Basilissa 04-28-2019 02:23 AM

Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JakubDovac (Post 1250552)
It depends in which situations. Those verses are in the Bible too.

Who art thou that judgest another manís servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. Romans 14:3-4

OK, so this verse tells me not to judge other people's servants, just focus on judging mine. What's your point, exactly?
Quote:

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. 1 Corinthians 4:5
I love that chapter! This is where Paul tells us that he's better than all of us because he's so modest and non-judgmental. It hurts my head a little when I try to understand that apparent contradiction with human logic, but then I read 1 Cor 4:10 and rejoice for being an illogical Fool For Christ! :innocent:

jfcoopjr 05-01-2019 07:15 PM

Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5)
 
As my daddy used to teach, "If we could explain it, it wouldn't be called Faith!"

"For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me." (Isaiah 47:10)

Collinslaw 05-02-2019 04:53 PM

Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1250588)
OK, so this verse tells me not to judge other people's servants, just focus on judging mine. What's your point, exactly?[/FONT]
I love that chapter! This is where Paul tells us that he's better than all of us because he's so modest and non-judgmental. It hurts my head a little when I try to understand that apparent contradiction with human logic, but then I read 1 Cor 4:10 and rejoice for being an illogical Fool For Christ! :innocent:

Good one

Basilissa 05-02-2019 05:00 PM

Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Collinslaw (Post 1251018)
Good one

All verses of the Bible are "good ones," dear, because all Bible is the Word of God, only truth, all truth, and nothing but the truth! Praise :jesus-fancy:!

Apollo2 10-18-2019 01:17 AM

Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5)
 
Greetings fellow Brothers and Sisters,i have just finished educating myself on the epics of Samson (book of judges if you were unaware). But it seems i have not grasped the true underlying message that God is presenting through the lords book. I ask to be enlightened of this topic and thank you in advance.


Sincerely and faithfully,
Apollo

Basilissa 10-18-2019 02:08 AM

Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo2 (Post 1258935)
Greetings fellow Brothers and Sisters,i have just finished educating myself on the epics of Samson (book of judges if you were unaware). But it seems i have not grasped the true underlying message that God is presenting through the lords book. I ask to be enlightened of this topic and thank you in advance.

Sincerely and faithfully,
Apollo

Hello and :welcome-flowers: to our friendly forum, Apollo! It's a bit strange that you are starting reading the Bible from the middle rather than from the beginning, but whatever works for you! I hope you will continue reading the Bible to cover all the books and chapters before Judges 14 and after Judges 16. I mean, reading three chapters of a single book is great, but reading all of the 66 books would be even better! :thumbsup:

Kyrre Eliasen 10-18-2019 08:46 PM

Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by epignosis (Post 731780)
Deuteronomy 32:1-10 (King James Version)

Deuteronomy 32

1Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.

2My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

3Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.

4He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Because all his work is perfect, this tells us that man (Adam) was not corrupted when created,but was perfect, but corrupted himself, by his being disloyal to God.


Genesis 1:26 (King James Version)

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.


This scripture is saying that God was talking to Jesus and said "let us make man in our image". This means that we are like God in that we were perfect( would not die) and have the same qualities of God.



Romans 5 (King James Version)

Romans 5
14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

The reason no man born of corruption ( from Adam) was used as a ransom, was that Adam was perfect, but all of Adams offspring were not perfect. Even though there were men that did follow God in a righteous way.
The one to come is Jesus, and he was to ransom mankind with the "similitude of Adam's transgression" Jesus was perfect just like Adam, so this would be the same type of situation that Adam had. A perfect man that lost perfection, able to ransome the rest of mankind by a perfect man who stayed loyal. Thus this gave mankind the opportunity to gain what was lost .

The great creatotore will poke you in the eye.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:16 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2022 all rights reserved