The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Who wants to try my chili? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115854)

DolliMoans 02-07-2019 01:22 AM

Who wants to try my chili?

Hello ladies,

Thought I might share this delicious recipe of chilli I extorted borrowed from that suspicious beaner family three trailers down from the Moans homestead. (Let's just say I gently threatened to call ICE if they didn't fork it over).

Anyway, onto the steps:

You need

-1 large can of black beans
-a can of refried beans
-molasses
-10 hot chillies (ghost peppers)
-corn bits
-paprika
-queso fresco
-pulled pork bits
-crushed bugle shaped snacks

1. Just plop everything into one large pot, get it all in there. Dump the molasses last on top of it all.
2. Boil til it bubbles on high heat
3. Drop it down to low-med heat to simmer for a bit.
5. Voila and serve! :licklips:

https://i.postimg.cc/VLngJRJw/Screen...8-09-32-PM.png

Dana723 02-07-2019 01:55 AM

Re: Who wants to try my chili?

Sounds like something my husband and my boys would like. I'll give it a try this weekend! :thumbsup:

Basilissa 02-07-2019 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DolliMoans (Post 1246085)
-10 hot chillies (ghost peppers)

Mmm, sounds good! Have you tried substituting ghost peppers with Carolina Reaper peppers? That's my personal favorite! :thumbsup:

Esther B. 02-07-2019 03:28 AM

I'm not a fan of chili, but John loves it. I think I'll save this recipe and make it next time I comes over. Thank you, Sister!

DolliMoans 02-07-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1246093)
Mmm, sounds good! Have you tried substituting ghost peppers with Carolina Reaper peppers? That's my personal favorite! :thumbsup:

I wonder if some could be served to the Promise Enforcers as an appetizer. :)

MitzaLizalor 02-07-2019 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There is a recipe for chilli tequila which I'm happy to share.

A picture is all that's necessary, really.

Attachment 27692

I've heard that home-made tequila can be prepared from quite a few
cactus varieties and have found these particularly refreshing, served
with fruit juice either warm or chilled, the ideal accompaniment for a
sewing circle.

Des 02-07-2019 04:17 PM

1, No beans in chili, refried or otherwise. Ask any Texan.

B. One should avoid spicy food as it inflames the passions, leading to masturbation, premarital sex, infidelity, and homosexuality. That salsa with your tortilla chip may just be booking you a reservation in hell.

Jim C. Lombardo 02-07-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Des (Post 1246129)
B. One should avoid spicy food as it inflames the passions, leading to masturbation, premarital sex, infidelity, and homosexuality. That salsa with your tortilla chip may just be booking you a reservation in hell.

I mostly agree Brother, however, I hear the extra hot peppers like the kind recommended by Dolli and Sister Basilissa, help clear the rectums and get any lingering demons out faster. :thumbsup:

Basilissa 02-07-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Des (Post 1246129)
1, No beans in chili, refried or otherwise. Ask any Texan.

Enrique agrees with you 100% on this one. He says beans don't agree with the stomach above 10,000 ft. :thumbsup:
Quote:

B. One should avoid spicy food as it inflames the passions, leading to masturbation, premarital sex, infidelity, and homosexuality.
You are correct as always, Brother Des. :wub: Nonetheless, defining what is spicy and what isn't is rather subjective.

Dolores de Barriga 02-07-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1246140)
Nonetheless, defining what is spicy and what isn't is rather subjective.

Yes, and I have noticed that Americans have a surprisingly low threshold in this matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther B. (Post 1246096)
I'm not a fan of chili, but John loves it. I think I'll save this recipe and make it next time I comes over. Thank you, Sister!

Miss Esther, do that only if you do not wish to marry this guy. Ten ghost peppers will send him to the ER, or possibly the cemetery. Really, Americans are like little babies when it comes to hot peppers! :giggle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana723 (Post 1246091)
Sounds like something my husband and my boys would like. I'll give it a try this weekend! :thumbsup:

Well, if your husband does survive it, he may not be willing to try anything else you cook, ever. Which could be a good thin, I suppose?

Dana723 02-08-2019 01:05 AM

So, my husband and boys loved and have not quit praising God for it yet! At least, that's what I think is happening. They have each locked themselves in a bathroom each and keep crying out, "Oh God!"

DolliMoans 02-08-2019 02:29 AM

I'm pleased to hear Dana, but you should really check and make sure they aren't really fooling around in there. They're all in there at once? :fear2:

Dana723 02-08-2019 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DolliMoans (Post 1246153)
I'm pleased to hear Dana, but you should really check and make sure they aren't really fooling around in there. They're all in there at once? :fear2:

No, we have two full baths upstairs, and one full bath and two half baths downstairs. They are each in separate bathrooms. I haven't really heard anything for a while, so I will venture to check in on them.

Esther B. 02-09-2019 01:55 AM

I showed the recipe to John and he asked me to make it for him this weekend. I hope he likes it!

Basilissa 02-09-2019 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther B. (Post 1246204)
I showed the recipe to John and he asked me to make it for him this weekend. I hope he likes it!

Well, dear, I do hope you substitute the 10 ghost peppers with 10 Carolina Reaper peppers, like I suggested. I mean, why treat him with peppers of meager 1 million Scoville rating when you can give him the rare treat of 1,5 million? :thumbsup: (For comparison, a jalapeño pepper can have maximum 10,000 Scoville rating).

Please do report how it goes. From my personal experience (and I suspect Dana may agree), these sort of peppers hurt on the way out as much as on the way in. :giggle: Just in case, have a few gallons of milk ready. And maybe an ambulance on call? :hmmm:

WilliamJenningsBryan 02-09-2019 09:32 AM

My understanding is that an authentic Texas chili requires a few Texas rat whiskers, but I've never been able to find them in the spice section of the grocery here in the North. Another ingredient that is often used is a "splash" of Rebel Yell whiskey (maybe a ½ cup) that ads a bit of "smoke" and anti-Yankee attitude to the dish.

I agree - no beans, and don't dare sneak in any cloves.

MitzaLizalor 02-09-2019 01:41 PM

Have you tried saffron?

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 02-10-2019 04:50 PM

After going abroad and putting up with spicy foods and weird cheeses (camembert, comte, blue stilton, aged cheddar, gorgonzola, serra da estrella... I could go on), not to mention crusty rolls, fresh baguette, olive bread, walnut bread, baked fresh and less than a dollar, I can tell you for a fact that America is still No. 1. Give me bread that does not ever grow mold and cheese that comes in individual plastic wrap, as God intended.
https://images.mentalfloss.com/sites...resize=500x500

Esther B. 02-10-2019 04:57 PM

I made it for John last night with ghost peppers (I don't know if he likes anything hotter), and he loved it! Thank you, Dolli!

Dennis Lukes 02-10-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther B. (Post 1246268)
I made it for John last night with ghost peppers (I don't know if he likes anything hotter), and he loved it! Thank you, Dolli!

The obvious conclusion here is that "John" is actually Juan, and is an illegal beaner in disguise trying to marry you for a green card.