The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Promise Enforcers - Men Only! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Self-Punishment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=118632)

Ryan2021 03-07-2021 02:00 PM

Self-Punishment

Hi MEN

I just wanted to ask which methods of SELF-PUNISHMENT do you use?

i do the following

Beat myself on the buttocks and back with a leather belt

drink my own urine and eat my own dung (the bible mentions doing this as well)

put myself in a cold water bath

sleep naked on the floor face down on the floor

financial punishments (giving away money so that i am left with none)

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 03-07-2021 02:17 PM

Re: Self-Punishment

Look Ryan, the way I see it, it's not so much that God despises you and wants to punish you - as that He wants you to despise yourself. Don't trouble Him with the rigamarole of doing a Job. Train yourself. Only YOU know what really hurts the most. The list strikes me as superficial - be sure to include psychological elements to round out the training. Dig deep, He is there to comfort you.

Mary Etheldreda 03-08-2021 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan2021 (Post 1282101)
I drink my own urine and eat my own dung (the bible mentions doing this as well)

I can only suggest you don't eat and drink so much that the smell comes out of your pores like the Indians with their curry. One time I helped a friend let out an apartment she and her husband owned that had been rented by a couple Indian university students years before. One graduated and left, and sublet his share of the apartment to an Indian friend. Then the other graduated and left and sublet his share of the apartment. On and on this went for nearly a decade. By that time the apartment smelled like curry from across the street. There would be no getting rid of the smell, even with new pain and carpet and furniture. Those Indians paid the smallest rent because it would have been more costly to raise the rent and have normal people there because it would have had to have been torn down and rebuilt. Do take care that you don't smell like that, like a walking outhouse, or I'm afraid you'll be left with the leftovers for brides. Captain Portway took what he thought was a bargain for a wife but he paid for years for that poor decision. Naomi just never did quite figure things out, bless her heart.

WWJDnow 03-18-2021 12:39 AM

In the Bible, people only eat their own dung and drink their own piss when God is punishing an entire city or nation for sin by starving them to death. So I think, if you want to punish your own sin, you need to be starving yourself and your entire family first, then eating and drinking your waste. I certainly commend your enthusiasm and commitment to doing the right thing.