The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Father Knows Best Wife Dies (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=632)

Pastor Ezekiel 10-23-2006 12:53 AM

Father Knows Best Wife Dies

The faithful, obedient and dutiful wife of "Father Knows Best" has died. Jane Wyatt, a model for all Christian females, a woman who knew the importance of keeping a spotlessly clean home, a hot meal on the table waiting when Father arrived home, and well-groomed, quiet, respectful children with no problems whatsoever, has finally been killed by Jesus and sent to hell. The full story is HERE.

Quote:

LOS ANGELES - Jane Wyatt, the lovely, serene actress who for six years on "Father Knows Best" was one of TV's favorite moms, has died, her publicist said Sunday. She was 96.

Wyatt died Friday in her sleep of natural causes at her Bel-Air home, according to publicist Meg McDonald.

It was her years as Robert Young's TV wife, Margaret Anderson, on "Father Knows Best" that brought the actress her lasting fame.

She appeared in 207 half-hour episodes from 1954 to 1960 and won three Emmys as best actress in a dramatic series in the years 1958 to 1960. The show began as a radio sitcom in 1949; it moved to television in 1954.

"Being a family show, we all did our best to please "Father"," she once said. "Even though each show was centered on one of the five members of the family, I was always happy to be there to deliver such lines as `Eat your dinner, dear,' or `How did you do in school today?' We got along fine, but after the first few years, I started getting mouthy."

The Anderson children were played by Elinor Donahue, Billy Gray and Lauren Chapin, and all grew up on the show. In later years jew critics claimed that shows like "Father Knows Best" and "Ozzie and Harriet" presented a glossy, unreal view of the American family.

In defense, Wyatt commented in 1966: "We tried to preserve Christian traditions. The children were not complicated, just kids. We all did our best to please "Father"."

It was a tribute to the popularity of the show that after its run ended, it continued in reruns on CBS and ABC for three years in primetime, a TV rarity. The show came to an end because Young, who had also played the father in the radio version, had enough of the sassy back-talk he had to endure from Wyatt. Wyatt remarked in 1965 that she was deeply sorry for being such an empty-headed fool. But by then it was too late

"The first year was pure joy," she said. "The second year was when the problems set in. We licked them, and the third year was smooth going. Fatigue began to set in during the fourth year. We got through the fifth year because we all thought it would be the last. The sixth? Pure hell."
I know you ladies will be heartbroken by this news, but after all, she was just another soulless woman, so don't carry on about it too much. Please feel free to post any tributes or fond memories you might have of Jane Wyatt. In honor of her memory, I'd like to suggest that you all start baking for us men.:thumbsup:

Talitha 10-23-2006 08:39 AM

Re: Father Knows Best Wife Dies

Pastor, I feel It's such a shame that she won't be in Heaven Baking and cleaning and washing for you men-folks up there.

I really worry how men are going to cope on their own while we Women are writhing in an Eternal Hell.

Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. 10-23-2006 05:21 PM

Perhaps the dirty work will be outsourced to Hell, where you will complete the tasks without compensation? Perhaps another here is more well-versed in the economy of Heaven™ to provide a more accurate answer...

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-23-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Talitha (Post 11268)
I really worry how men are going to cope on their own while we Women are writhing in an Eternal Hell.

Sister, your concern for the well being of the sex that matters is commendable but misplaced. Holy Scripture includes yet another glorious promise to us. Hebrews 1:14 says of the angels:

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

From that Scripture, I gather that we shall have the angels to wash our heavenly robes and prepare angels' food for us (Psalm 78:25). So rest assured that you won't be missed. Shout praise!

Pastor Rune Enoe 10-23-2006 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Talitha (Post 11268)

That's very considerate of you, Sister, but we'll manage:

Matthew 21:31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

Right now, as we speak, rented women and pub-owners are up there preparing the biggest, longest party ever.:beer::brunette: :thumbsup:

Pastor Al E Pistle 10-23-2006 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prune Danish (Post 11332)
Right now, as we speak, rented women and pub-owners are up there preparing the biggest, longest party ever.:beer::brunette: :thumbsup:

Please Brother, be more specific. ALL women are rented, whether for a night, at the cost of an expensive dinner at Burger King and a couple of Bud lites, or for the bearing of a couple of children at the cost of their room, board and babbling for seven years or so until a younger one comes along.

I thought I could beat this vicious cycle by buying Ching Lee outright for a thousand bucks, but her parents sold me defective goods. Damn all chinks.

Pastor Rune Enoe 10-23-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Al E Pistle (Post 11334)
but her parents sold me defective goods.

Pastor, that's a bitch - in more ways than one.

Technically, if her father has sold you "spoiled goods" you can require that the men of the city stone her to death outside his door (don't worry, the burden of proof will be on his side).

The only snag is that there's no way, you'll get your money back. At least that's according to the law of Moses (Deut. 22:13-21). Maybe the chinks are less stingy than the Jews?

Pastor Al E Pistle 10-23-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prune Danish (Post 11337)
Maybe the chinks are less stingy than the Jews?

Pastor, let me tell you that chinks make Scottish joos look like lieberal philanthropists. Ching Lee's parents have an other girl (the rest were drowned at birth), but they won't send her over unless I buy her AND pay for sneaking her into the country illegally. And they won't take Ching Lee back.

Rachael Van Helsing 10-24-2006 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonFish85 (Post 11323)
Perhaps the dirty work will be outsourced to Hell, where you will complete the tasks without compensation? Perhaps another here is more well-versed in the economy of Heaven™ to provide a more accurate answer...

You can try, but if there really was a hell and they do end up cooking for heaven if there really was a heaven, you'd have to wonder what goes in the special sauce. :huh: Or anything for that matter.

Say, how about I do some cooking for you wonderful TC™ men? :innocent:

Fish 10-24-2006 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 11416)
Say, how about I do some cooking for you wonderful TC™ men? :innocent:

I'll have some bacon and eggs please. :D

Pastor Al E Pistle 10-24-2006 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11417)
I'll have some bacon and eggs please. :D

Yeah and I suppose you'll have your buns sunny-side up, eh you homer?

Rachael Van Helsing 10-24-2006 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Al E Pistle (Post 11419)

:blink:
He's making me agree with you again! This is weird and scary!

Still thinking about buns, are we, Pastor?

Marshall 10-24-2006 03:37 AM

They just don't make women like they used to. I blame the Liberal Media for putting thoughts in their pretty little heads other than dinner, laundry and making their man happy after a long days work. Damnable CNN and ABC and NBC,CBS PBS and all those secular non-FOX channels are bad for their minds. It isn't healthy for women to think too much anyway.

1 Timothy 2:11-Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

1 Timothy 2:12-But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

She was one of a dying breed.

Brother Temperance 10-24-2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Al E Pistle (Post 11419)

And we all know how the blasphemer will have his eggs!

Rachael Van Helsing 10-24-2006 01:00 PM

Eggs benedict? I fail to see the implication....? I know I'll be sorry for asking but what is the connection there?

Pastor Ezekiel 10-24-2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 11494)
Eggs benedict? I fail to see the implication....? I know I'll be sorry for asking but what is the connection there?

...Good Lord you are stupid, woman...:glare:

Rachael Van Helsing 10-24-2006 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 11495)
...Good Lord you are stupid, woman...:glare:

No, I'm just not as filthy minded as SOME of the people on this forum. :innocent:

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-24-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 11497)
No, I'm just not as filthy minded as SOME of the people on this forum. :innocent:

If I understand Brother Temperance correctly, you don't have to have a filthy mind to get it -- just a basic understanding of what is True Christianity™ and what isn't. -_-

Pastor Al E Pistle 10-24-2006 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 11494)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XVI

Rachael Van Helsing 10-24-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Al E Pistle (Post 11545)

Oh :bag: