The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why church choir should exist? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=118019)

Flora111 09-23-2020 03:03 AM

Why church choir should exist?

:wave:Hello, everyone!
I'm a student now and want to know why church choir should exist, which because I have read an article recently. The article said that church choir is a symbol of togetherness, and I couldn't agree more. I am really interested in the choir, so if you know more about the choir please give some advice about becoming a new choir menmber. You can also tell me some reasons about the existing of church choir. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Alvin Moss 09-23-2020 03:10 AM

Re: Why church choir should exist?

Welcome Flora. Your introduction is a mite short on introducing. Tell us a little about yourself.

As to your query, only True Christians are allowed to sing praise unto God in the Landover Choir. One day you may be able to become a member.

God Bless!

Didymus Much 09-23-2020 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flora111 (Post 1273917)
...please give some advice about becoming a new choir menmber...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin Moss (Post 1273918)
...As to your query, only True Christians are allowed to sing praise unto God in the Landover Choir. One day you may be able to become a member...

Of course, advanced training or special qualifications may accelerate the process. You wouldn't happen to be castrato, would you? I recall Pastor Zeke saying he wanted to get his hands on one.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 09-23-2020 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin Moss (Post 1273918)
As to your query, only True Christians are allowed to sing praise unto God in the Landover Choir.

Another requirement of choir members is that they need to be able (and willing) to sing in Real American™, not in some curious asiatificated/-furcated version of the language.

I would recommend holding your breath until you are able to do this, dear.

WWJDnow 09-23-2020 07:30 AM

Quote:

:wave:Hello, everyone!
I'm a student now and want to know why church choir should exist, which because I have read an article recently. The article said that church choir is a symbol of togetherness, and I couldn't agree more.

The Apostle Paul told us in Ephesians 5:18-19:

be filled with the Spirit... Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord....

I suppose the symbol of fellowship is a beautiful thing, but we have a choir because God wants it that way. Plus, they really help us show off the new $37 million sound system in the main chapel.

Ezekiel Bathfire 09-23-2020 02:41 PM

The reason that there is a choir is given to us in Revelations 4 – a choir allows us to practice for when we are dead. It also gives us an insight into what Heaven is like:

Re:4:6: And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
Re:4:7: And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
Re:4:8: And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Re:4:9: And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
Re:4:10: The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Re:4:11: Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

In The Book of the Revelations, John sees creatures and the dead sitting and singing praises to God, who is on His Throne in the heavenly throne room.

Around the throne are four strange creatures that are only found in heaven and which you will grow to like once you are there. One resembles a lion but is not a lion, another a calf but is not a calf, another has got the face of a man but we have no idea what the rest of him is like, and another resembles an eagle but is not an eagle. All of them have a lot of eyes – a lot… many… a multitude of eyes.

The eagle is a bit of a problem, because God, speaking through John, says that it is “like a flying eagle”. Now to me, an eagle is an eagle, whether or not it is flying, and there are no eagles that do not fly.

However, this is explained in the next verse: “And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him;Now, you will see why there isn’t a real lion, calf, and an eagle.

There’s bit more about what happens when the creatures sing but that is not too important as far as choirs are concerned,

All this is confirmed in

Re:7:9: After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Re:7:10: And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Re:7:11: And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
Re:7:15: Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

And here, “the great multitude" is obviously replicated in the congregation of the Church.

It seems that God just likes choirs chanting out how great He is. And I think that is quite reasonable, don’t you?

Isabella White 09-23-2020 10:34 PM

Quote:

:wave:Hello, everyone! I'm a student now and want to know why church choir should exist, which because I have read an article recently. The article said that church choir is a symbol of togetherness, and I couldn't agree more. I am really interested in the choir, so if you know more about the choir please give some advice about becoming a new choir menmber. You can also tell me some reasons about the existing of church choir. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Well, hello to you, too, Miss Flora, and :welcome-flowers: to :landover-fancy:. We're ever so pleased that you have found your way to our glorious space in the vast interwebs galaxy, and it is our hope that you will join with us as we study the wondrous :kjv1611: together.

Now, I see that you didn't quite notice our simple requests at the top of our friendly Introduction Forum, so I shall include them here, for your benefit:

The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

I also see that you've received some very helpful answers from a few of :god-fancy:'s beloved :true-fancy: servants here. I would like to add a very simple answer: The reason that the church choir exists is to bring glory to the :lord-fancy: as we praise :his: Holy Name in song.

Psalm 66:1,2:
1 Make a joyful noise unto :god-fancy:, all ye lands: 2 Sing forth the honour of :his: name: make :his: praise glorious.

Now, then, Dear, we look forward to reading more from you. May :god-fancy: bless you as you seek :him-fancy: and sing for :his: :glory:.

Pastor Ezekiel 09-24-2020 02:23 PM

You people have no idea the great lengths I go to and personal sacrifices I make to provide Landover with the finest Choir of Certified Pure Boys©. :innocent:
The time I take out of my schedule to cull the choir when the boys voices change as they get to be 10, 11, 12 and yes, some even as old as 13.
Then I have to scour the world looking for capable replacements. Young men with open throats and the angelic, innocent look in the eyes, unsullied by demonic exposure.
Then the hour upon hour of one-on-one training I personally do with each boy, ensuring they are willing and able to accepts my gifts of Gods True Love™.
So, damn straight, we have to have a choir!:angry:

Uncle Rutherford 09-24-2020 10:10 PM

Better not be giving the OK for boys to lip sync because they’re too lazy to sing the gospel like they are supposed to. My church has had to resort to strict prayer closet punishments for the young children who don’t know the words or refuse to sing. That goes without saying that the deaf and mute are generally not allowed in the normal congregation at my church (alongside the nigras but that’s because they don’t speak American).

James Hutchins 09-25-2020 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rutherford (Post 1273994)
Better not be giving the OK for boys to lip sync because they’re too lazy to sing the gospel like they are supposed to. My church has had to resort to strict prayer closet punishments for the young children who don’t know the words or refuse to sing. That goes without saying that the deaf and mute are generally not allowed in the normal congregation at my church (alongside the nigras but that’s because they don’t speak American).

Retards and the deformed have no place among decent Church goers. The focus is to be on Gods Perfect Magnificence®, not some gimpy harelipped parental punishment.:thumbdown:

MitzaLizalor 09-25-2020 06:12 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Hello Flora111 and welcome to the Forum.

You raise an interesting question. One important element is what's being sung. You didn't mention which Church you attend and there is quite a lot of material celebrating "the mass" or "the virgin Mary" or glorifying idols and so on. Not all of it leads to Rome, some of it is Lutheran for example or even Anglican.

LUTHERAN
Here Bach writes a mass, in Latin that is to say the mass is in Latin but obviously the music has its own language, a form originated by and in the language of Rome. This 3 minute excerpt thanks God for His large glory.

Gratias agimus tibi propter magnam gloriam tuam.
Later on the mass describes a single "catholic" Church despite the facts that a] Bach was a Protestant and b] the pope did not regard Lutherans as legitimate. When tried by Pontius Pilate, the laws were Roman and therefore written in Latin. Although it was Jewish leaders who demanded Christ's execution, their authority to do so came from Rome. How dreadful it must be for Heaven to be mocked in the very language of Roman soldiers who tortured Jesus to death. This is not the sort of thing a Baptist choir would sing.

ANGLICAN
Zephaniah 1:7-8 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests. And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD'S sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.

The English are a creative people. New ways to mock God? No problem. Jeer at His lovingkindness? Coming up immediately. Blow off a clown's hooter right in His face? Step this way

Quote:

BBC - Rubber noses, frizzy wigs and multi-coloured suits may not sound like your usual Sunday best. But this look was very much en vogue in an east London church. Armed with hand puppets, balloon animals and whoopie cushions, dozens of clowns descended on Holy Trinity Church in Dalston. They were there to remember fellow clowns who have passed on .. The odd horn hooter went off during the hymns, but the clowns etc., etc.
Again, that form of hymn singing does not occur in any Christian establishment.

http://www.23hq.com/23666/49414841_e...1_standard.jpg

FLORIDA
Zephaniah 1:9 In the same day also will I punish all those that leap on the threshold, which fill their masters' houses with violence and deceit.

Not to be outdone by the English, in Florida a different abomination was cooked up. Leaping, prancing, gyrating, writhing like a snake, all would be expected at [words fail me - all I can do is post the link]

.WARNING: CONTAINS WORDS LIKE NAKED TWERKIN’ ORAL SOBER (as in "I hate being").

Florida Church Caught Hosting Naked Paint Parties

Nothing sung in such a hellhole, by a choir or otherwise, would be suitable for you. Assuming you wanted to praise Jesus, that is. Congregations of this type should be avoided even if they have a vacancy for a soprano.

This category is the worst of all because they reject the honesty of The Holy Spirit. Too many to list but if you read The Bible everything that's prohibited or named as an abomination THEY DO. Everything required to be done, everything necessary for Salvation THEY DON'T DO. One example is enough.

..FOR INFORMATION ONLY • • NOT TO BE SUNG..

Attachment 29469

http://www.23hq.com/23666/49414841_e...1_standard.jpg

Christians do not worship Mary (who is dead so can't hear hymns anyway) and certainly don't go to nude paint twerking orgies. Christians do not mock Christ by addressing Him in the language of His murderers, do not sing "masses" and do not dress up like mental patients toot honkers or make idols. I hope these few examples are helpful in choosing appropriate material for your choral enquiries. All the best. Mitza.