The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Caught my daughter pretending to be a 41-year old pervert online (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115902)

DolliMoans 02-23-2019 10:02 PM

Caught my daughter pretending to be a 41-year old pervert online

IMO, there's nothing creepier than people pretending to be other people online, especially on chat rooms where anyone could be duped. That's exactly what I caught my 13-year old daughter, Truth, doing last night.

I knew something was up when I came home from shopping early, and heard the sudden scampering of guilty feet run into the bathroom. My computer was on, and there was a tab opened for a site called Chatroulette (a chat room and gambling venue I gather).

I saw whoever was using this site was using this profile picture under the username CalliouBoi12. This doesn't look like anyone in the Moans household:

https://i.postimg.cc/XYGdWwbB/Screen...4-43-34-PM.png

What I saw absolutely floored me, I was seeing video cams of other boys and girls flashing their hoo-hahs and choo-choos! :fear2: All I could think was, which sneaky brat was watching this live smut show!?? There was strange sound too of clinking coins, which indicated black market prostitution to me.

I stormed into the bathroom and grabbed Miss Truth-y by the ear, and demanded answers immediately. She started blubbering something about not making any friends at school, blaming it on Christianity not being cool anymore with kids her age. She argued that she had better chances of making friends online by pretending to be someone older, because then she'd attract more respect.

What does the Bible tell me to do with this unruly girl?

I've consulted much of Proverbs;

Proverbs 29:15
The rod and reproof give wisdom:
But a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.

23:13
Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

These deal specifically with sons, what about daughters? With little time to think (Here's where I wish Jesus may not have called home Mr. Moans so soon, he did most of the thinking in the house.) I've celled Truth in the menstral hut outside, doubling as a time-out box, to buy me some leeway of choosing the correct course in this situation.

I've attempted to diffuse matters by responding to the children on Chatroulette by posting a live-cam of myself quoting Scripture concerning lust, and that the authorities, and their parents have been notified of their actions. That was my tip to them!

Ezekiel Bathfire 02-25-2019 12:53 AM

Re: Caught my daughter pretending to be a 41-year old pervert online

I believe this thing is all too common in the Interweb-Age. Young, impressionable children, particularly innocent girls, are often caught up in a fashionable trend – in this case “being a computer-type pervert" in order to impress friends.

Despite knowing that young people would all have them, Jesus did not tell us about computer etiquette, and it is far from clear that the Decalogue (i.e. not the Ritual Decalogue - Exodus 34:11–26 rather the Ethical Decalogue of Exodus 20:2–17, which is entirely different) does not forbid “pretending to be someone else”.

Whereas bearing false witness against someone, e.g. “My neighbour is a pervert” is a sin, bearing false witness to someone is not. God comes as cloud, a wind, a burning bush,etc.,etc. and it is thus clear that actually pretending is not, of itself, a sin.

What the Ethical Decalogue does, is to state most clearly: “Ex:34:12:Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee”. Now, by your daughter’s disguising herself, she is “Taking heed” before “making a covenant”.

The theological point here is that terrifying someone by pretending to be a pervert is of no salvific consequence to your daughter's eternal soul and may well cause the person to whom she directs her attention to be a more heedful of the Word of God.

It may be that, with a vivid imagination and a natural gift towards obeying God’s Commandments, your daughter may become an inspirational light in the Independent Baptist Ministry.

BibleReader2231 02-25-2019 01:40 AM

Oh Miss Dolli. That’s horrible! If it was one of your sons that was still alive I would shrug my shoulders and say boys will be boys. But this is your 13 year old daughter. A whoopin would set her straight. If you need a Bible verse to justify your whoopin just use Ephesians 6:4. I think it’s okay for you to do this since you are recently widowed so raising the kids and discipline falls on you more now. https://theodysseyofqb.files.wordpre...12/06/belt.jpg If you feel you are unable to lay the whoopin on your daughter yourself, my Pa would be more than happy to. He’s administered whoopins to several kids in my town who’ve misbehaved in the eyes of God.

Mary Etheldreda 02-25-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DolliMoans (Post 1246679)
She started blubbering something about not making any friends at school, blaming it on Christianity not being cool anymore with kids her age. She argued that she had better chances of making friends online by pretending to be someone older, because then she'd attract more respect.

That's absurd! Christianity is the best way to make and keep friends! People who don't have Christ in their hearts are less fun, less honest, and less attractive. Jesus blesses True Christians™ with True Beauty™, inside and out! And we're more fun-loving, kind, and musical!

Dana723 02-26-2019 03:46 AM

I wouldn't know, because I had God's grace and only had sons. No daughters. I guess maybe God is punishing you for allowing yourself to have daughters. :dunno:

DolliMoans 02-26-2019 08:23 AM

Dear Dana, your speculations over my spawn won't bring you to True Christiandom™ any more than it will for me if that's what you had in mind.

It's true, Truth is going through a vexatious phase, I'm sure if she had a degree of humility that Modesty had, and some sense to tremble before God, she will be worth half a son someday.

Proverbs 31:30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

Scoutman03 03-13-2019 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleReader2231 (Post 1246718)
Oh Miss Dolli. That’s horrible! If it was one of your sons that was still alive I would shrug my shoulders and say boys will be boys. But this is your 13 year old daughter. A whoopin would set her straight. If you need a Bible verse to justify your whoopin just use Ephesians 6:4. I think it’s okay for you to do this since you are recently widowed so raising the kids and discipline falls on you more now. https://theodysseyofqb.files.wordpre...12/06/belt.jpg If you feel you are unable to lay the whoopin on your daughter yourself, my Pa would be more than happy to. He’s administered whoopins to several kids in my town who’ve misbehaved in the eyes of God.

Even boys doing that (perverted) is not ok!

Dennis Lukes 03-13-2019 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleReader2231 (Post 1246718)

Girl, you are correct about corporal punishment, AKA God's gift to parents. No, my concern comes from your choice of picture. The Berenstain Bears are a series of Jewish-authored books designed to preach evolution and bestiality and to undermine the American family by mocking it. They are nothing but smut and sin, pure garbage.