The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Bible in a Year (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Day 359: Revelation 1-3 (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=111274)

Elmer G. White 12-27-2016 06:52 AM

Day 359: Revelation 1-3

Introduction to the Book of Revelation

We've now reached the Final Book of the Bible. After loads of interesting stuff and a plot that has taken our breath away it is time to the powerful crescendo that depicts the Future of Our World. The Book of Revelation has been all but stained with endless interpretation and pitiful attempts by false Churches and sinners to dismiss the powerful message of Jesus returning in Wrath! Many commentaries written by men who are mostly afraid of the fates of their own butts come Rapture have tried to write off these prophecies by referring to the Roman Empire, etc. We, however, know that the message of the Book of Revelation is targeted at our time. How do we know this? Because the things depicted in it have not yet occurred so they must be things that will happen very soon.

Revelation is a glorious double promise to us, True Christians™. i) It tells us that very soon all the persecution and our hard work will pay off and we'll be in glorious Bliss with Jesus for ever. ii) It also promises us compensation, as all those who persecuted and ridiculed us will be most severely punished by Jesus. These two wonderful intertwined narratives are color coded throughout this analysis. The red font depicts the plight of the sinners, while the blue font shows when the wonderful things promised to True Christians™ are discussed. In addition, we are going to encounter some strange stuff that will be coded green.

Setting the stage:
Things have been hinted at previously. We have also the leitmotiv of the sword that was mentioned by Matthew. We'll meet that sword!

Matthew 10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

We've also been promised that the sinners will be punished with exquisite agonies.

1 Thessalonians 5:2-3
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Now we'll know the nature of these punishments in detail. And we can watch! We'll be in Heaven (1 Thessalonians 4:17) and the visual connection between Heaven and Hell is secured and in place (Luke 13:28).

Now we're ready- Let us move on to the Book of Revelation. The staggering message how this earth will meet its destruction in the Hands of Jesus Christ, the Word of God, the Lamb, our Savior and Lord. Our Sweet Baby Jesus!

Revelation Chapter 1 opens with John (the Apostle and Jesus's Bestest Friend) telling how he got these visions and why they are reliable. It is reliable because Jesus Himself sent an angel to tell all this to John!

Revelation 1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Next, we learn that these things will happen in our time and very soon.

Revelation 1:3
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

How do we know that? Because we know from eyewitness history that these things have not yet occurred. John greets the seven Churches of Asia but as his message will be unraveled in our time, we'd also better take this message seriously. Again, we see how the prophecy of 1 Thessalonians 4:17 is a True™ one as Jesus repeats it to John.

Revelation 1:7
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

And there is more proof! Glory! Jesus reminds us of John 1:2-3. He was before Creation, He will remain after this Creation is dismantled.

Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Still not convinced? Well, take a look at this!

Revelation 1:11
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Next, we learn the skin color of Jesus. Take that, atheist historians!

Revelation 1:14
His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

And, as the final proof, the apparition tells us in plain American that He indeed is Jesus Christ!

Revelation 1:17-18
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

We go on to Chapter 2. Now that we know that this is True Prophecy of things for the near future, we can admire the messages that Jesus sent to the Churches. Mostly, the Churches have not been doing all bad that there are many things that have to remedied and soon, as the time is near. In fact, it was still a few millennia away when John wrote this down, but we know that it is near now, as these things did not take place between 50-100 AD.

The Ephesians started off great but they've forgotten how to do things properly. In fact, this means forgetting Jesus. We only have to look at the Catholic Cult to see a comparable community today.

Revelation 2:4
Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

Those in Smyrna will suffer a jail sentence and it's gonna be more than a week. They must be brave. We can relate to that as we're also mocked by atheists and uppity females on this very Forum.

Revelation 2:10
Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Those in Pergamos have succumbed to lust and non-reproductive sex. This is the message to all those of the homosexual tendencies, which includes in addition to the Catholic Cult also the Church of England, the Lutherans, and the Democratic Party.

Revelation 2:14
But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

The message to Thyatira is the one to be read by all those worshiping the Darwin idol, the cosmologists, those who accept females as university students, and those who have sex.

Revelation 1:20
Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Entering Chapter 3, we now realize that the message of the Book of Revelation is not outdated. All the letters to the ancient Churches are in fact letters for the sinners of our time. This beautiful unraveling of things continues in Chapter 3. We begin with the Sardians. They have become the True™ walking dead. Their faith is not real. They are the Answers of Genesis of our time, who claim to take the Bible as it is but still accept the heresies of "light-years" and "sphericity".

Revelation 3:1
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Next, the Philadelphians. Now we understand better than ever that this message is for those of the modern times. Jesus knew that a Philadelphia would be a hotspot of sin in the 21st Century and send a message through time to them! Praise Jesus! There a a few True Christians™ struggling there, and Jesus tells them this comforting message.

Revelation 3:10
Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Hence, let us not be surprised when we see some Philadephians joining us for Rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

Last but not least, the Laodiceans: the liberal false fluffy bunny Christians of our age. They are a sorry lot.

Revelation 3:16
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Jesus demands total commitment. His Word is all True™. Let us be reminded of Matthew 12:30 and James 2:10 that Jesus cross-references here in a cunning manner and hold on to 1 Thessalonians 5:17 and we shall be OK.

Because.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

http://www.holyspiritanglican.org/im...4542019454.jpg

Next Time: Beasts and Books and Seals (not of the beastly kind but of the emblem kind)

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye: