The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   GOD HATES TECHNOLOGY: Ecclesiastes 7:29 (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52167)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 10-17-2010 07:15 AM

GOD HATES TECHNOLOGY: Ecclesiastes 7:29

ATTN: all twittertwats, netheads, gamers, sci-fi nerds, TV-loving couch potatoes, facebook floozies, and all others sliding down the youtube to hell:

"Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions." —Ecclesiastes 7:29

Even false Bibles agree:

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Behold, I have found only this, that God made men upright, but they have sought out many devices.

American King James Version
See, this only have I found, that God has made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

American Standard Version
Behold, this only have I found: that God made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Bible in Basic English
This only have I seen, that God made men upright, but they have been searching out all sorts of inventions.

English Revised Version
Behold, this only have I found, that God made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Webster's Bible Translation
Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Young's Literal Translation
See, this alone I have found, that God made man upright, and they -- they have sought out many devices.

Even the babblings of foreigners get it right:

עשה האלהים את האדם ישר והמה בקשו חשבנות רבים asah haelohim eth haadam yashar vehemhah bikkeshu chishbonoth rabbim.

"Elohim has made mankind upright, and they have sought many computations."

"He hath meddled with endless questions." - Vulgate.

"Many reasonings." - Septuagint, Syriac, and Arabic.

Got that? God created us in His image, and He didn't give us facebook or twitter, and the only thing he wanted us to "stumbleupon" were the snakes and scorpions He sends to punish us for Pride. When we tried to build the Tower of Babel He punished us by turning foreigners into the incomprehensable babblers they've been ever since. How soon until Jesus ends the digital Tower of Babel 2.0, by making every nation have it's own computer-code?

Seth Campbell 10-17-2010 07:58 PM

Re: GOD HATES TECHNOLOGY: Ecclesiastes 7:29

Are you saying the Amish are right?

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 10-18-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Campbell (Post 619019)
Are you saying the Amish are right?

No.

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-18-2010 06:33 PM

Anointed preaching, Brother Jeb. Here's another passage from Ecclesiastes that teaches us the same message:

Eccl. 1:9-10: The thing that hath been, it [is that] which shall be; and that which is done [is] that which shall be done: and [there is] no new [thing] under the sun. Is there [any] thing whereof it may be said, See, this [is] new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

Worshipers of the false god Technology would have us ignore this teaching.

Seth Campbell 10-19-2010 06:48 AM

I'm really not sure what to say here, after all technology is how I make my living.

If God is against technology, where do we draw the line? The Amish decided somewhere in the 1800's, technically the wheel is a form of technology. I'm really confused by your point of view on this. Especially considering that we belong to a church that has a strong web presence.

gamer4Christ 10-19-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Campbell (Post 619753)
If God is against technology, where do we draw the line?

At 16-bits.

Anyone who disagrees will have the shattered shards of a of Kriss Kross Video-Maker CD-ROM jabbed into their soft parts for all eternity.

SouthernSandman 10-20-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Campbell (Post 619753)
I'm really not sure what to say here, after all technology is how I make my living.

If God is against technology, where do we draw the line? The Amish decided somewhere in the 1800's, technically the wheel is a form of technology.

Not really, brother. The wheel was invented a long time before the Word was given to us. How about we draw the line somewhere between 1604 and 1611, when our dear KJV1611 was translated from the Textus Receptus, the Masoretic Hebrew text and the Alexandrian LXX ? Everything that until THEN existed under the sun is everything that was meant to be, as our Lord clearly intended us 21st century dwellers to hear the True Word from King James' work, and not the previous, lesser Bible versions.

catcooker 10-29-2010 08:16 PM

The technology god hates the most is the internet.

If we were supposed to be able to talk to anybody in the world instantly we would all be able to use telekinesis to talk to people anywhere.

Anybody who uses the internet will burn in hell.

Anybody who aids the expansion of the internet by means of making a website on the internet will be doomed to the worst eternity possible.

Billy Bob Jenkins 10-29-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catcooker (Post 626501)
The technology god hates the most is the internet.

If we were supposed to be able to talk to anybody in the world instantly we would all be able to use telekinesis to talk to people anywhere.

Anybody who uses the internet will burn in hell.

Anybody who aids the expansion of the internet by means of making a website on the internet will be doomed to the worst eternity possible.

God created the internet.

Colossians 1:16 (King James Version)

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

catcooker 10-29-2010 09:36 PM

No she didn't

Al Gore did

http://www.spach.com/blog/wp-content...e-internet.jpg

Foul Nazi Pig 10-29-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond (Post 618882)
ATTN: all twittertwats, netheads, gamers, sci-fi nerds, TV-loving couch potatoes, facebook floozies, and all others sliding down the youtube to hell:

Then get off the internet!! Run far and fast for your safety!! Oh and give me your computer, T.V. and Cell Phone.

Foul Nazi Pig 10-30-2010 12:25 AM

Also, give me your automobile.

Eddie E 10-30-2010 11:17 PM

GOD HATES TECHNOLOGY????

You do realize you just posted this on a website that requires todays technology to exist?

Cranky Old Man 10-30-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie E (Post 627495)
GOD HATES TECHNOLOGY???? You do realize you just posted this on a website that requires todays technology to exist?

This website was created by Jesus, not by technology.

Eddie E 10-30-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 627496)

Pretty generic answer, so was it Jesus that built my hotrod?

Cranky Old Man 10-30-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie E (Post 627498)
Pretty generic answer, so was it Jesus that built my hotrod?

Of course not. This is God's favorite forum. There is no way you have God's favorite hotrod!

David k mudkips 10-31-2010 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 627509)
Of course not. This is God's favorite forum.

Has GOD posted on this forum yet?

Levi Jones 10-31-2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David k mudkips (Post 627544)
Has GOD posted on this forum yet?

Of course He has. It's in God's Word to mankind the Bible that he hear His voice everyday.

Justin Z 10-31-2010 06:57 PM

What basic, obvious questions.

Geoffman 11-03-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 627496)

The website might have been made by Jesus, but the technology required to view and use it sure wasn't ;)