The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Straight 4 Jesus! (Back Door Christians) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=2057)

Ezekiel Bathfire 07-17-2010 09:02 PM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninboy (Post 560613)
You should be ashamed of yourself, you know that? 'Homers'? 'Jesus Christ will probably burn these homers in Hell'? Who are you to judge them?
You, my friend, are no better than any other human, in any way shape or form.
Here's a bit of Bible quoting for you:

'One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?" "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."'
Mark 12:28-31

Consider that, if your brain can handle it.

Dear Ninboy,
It is false Christians like you that give True Christianity™ a bad name. Not only do you wallow in words that were never uttered by Our Lord (I've no idea what book your quote comes from) but you willfully tell us that Mark 12:28-31 says we should love queers!

Please explain to me your proposed paradox - you suggest that Mankind is to "love" something that God clearly states (in OT and NT) to be "an abomination" and the penalty He directs is death.

What other abominations would you have us worship?

You disgust me.

PS arrangements can be made to tithe to Landover Baptist Church, does that work for you?

Billy Bob Jenkins 07-17-2010 09:10 PM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninboy (Post 560613)
You should be ashamed of yourself, you know that? 'Homers'? 'Jesus Christ will probably burn these homers in Hell'? Who are you to judge them?

First of all, Sister Glendora is not using her own judgment at all. She is basing her words on the Lord's judgment as He sets forth in the Good Book.

But even if she were using her own judgment, she is called repeatedly upon to do so in the Good Book.

Leviticus 19:15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

Proverbs 31:9 Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

So stop making a fool of yourself, son.

Ninnyboy 07-18-2010 07:02 PM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 560644)
Dear Ninboy,
It is false Christians like you that give True Christianity™ a bad name. Not only do you wallow in words that were never uttered by Our Lord (I've no idea what book your quote comes from) but you willfully tell us that Mark 12:28-31 says we should love queers!

Please explain to me your proposed paradox - you suggest that Mankind is to "love" something that God clearly states (in OT and NT) to be "an abomination" and the penalty He directs is death.

What other abominations would you have us worship?

You disgust me.

PS arrangements can be made to tithe to Landover Baptist Church, does that work for you?

*Sigh*. Fine, I'll quote the King James.

And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Mark 12:28-31 (King James Version)

Right. Some logic coming up, brace yourselves.

We, as Christians, follow the Word of God and Jesus Christ, correct?
And that is a quote from Jesus Christ, the Bible, which you believe is the absolute and complete truth as directed by God. Correct?
We also believe that the Word of Jesus Christ is the Word of God. Correct?
Therefore this passage from the Bible, as said by Jesus himself, is the Word of God. Understand?
Alright. So, what the passage says is this:
Most important is to love God. You reckon you've got that covered..
However, the next most important thing to do as a Christian is to LOVE THEY NEIGHBOUR. And 'thy neighbour' is EVERY SINGLE HUMAN ON THE EARTH.
And by hating anyone, homosexual or otherwise, you are BREAKING that rule. The second most important rule, and you're breaking it.

The Bible teaches that we were all created equal by the Same Lord God, and that God loves all people on Earth. How do you think you can get away with saying otherwise and claiming it to be the Word of God?

Ofc. Don W. Richards 07-18-2010 07:25 PM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninboy (Post 561232)
Right. Some logic coming up, brace yourselves.

We, as Christians, follow the Word of God and Jesus Christ, correct?
And that is a quote from Jesus Christ, the Bible, which you believe is the absolute and complete truth as directed by God. Correct?
We also believe that the Word of Jesus Christ is the Word of God. Correct?
Therefore this passage from the Bible, as said by Jesus himself, is the Word of God. Understand?
Alright. So, what the passage says is this:
Most important is to love God. You reckon you've got that covered..
However, the next most important thing to do as a Christian is to LOVE THEY NEIGHBOUR. And 'thy neighbour' is EVERY SINGLE HUMAN ON THE EARTH.
And by hating anyone, homosexual or otherwise, you are BREAKING that rule. The second most important rule, and you're breaking it.

The Bible teaches that we were all created equal by the Same Lord God, and that God loves all people on Earth. How do you think you can get away with saying otherwise and claiming it to be the Word of God?

We're still waiting on that logic.

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
-Ephesians 5:11


Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
-2nd Thessalonians 3:6

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. -
1st John 2:15

See there? It says love not the world neither the THINGS in the world. This distinction is here to alert us to the fact that God does not want us to cherish the materials OR people of the world who are not saved.

God commands death for sinners. Now I am all for attempting to SAVE sinners, and that IS love. But if they will not listen to the word of God, they should die.

Rev. Jim Osborne 07-18-2010 07:41 PM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninboy (Post 561232)
However, the next most important thing to do as a Christian is to LOVE THEY NEIGHBOUR. And 'thy neighbour' is EVERY SINGLE HUMAN ON THE EARTH.

How can you say "neighbour" is every single human on Earth? If God wanted us to love everyone, He would've said just that: "Love everyone.". But, He purposely used the word neighbour. The reason being is that our neighbours are our fellow Christians. God is commanding us to love each other (True Christians™), which we do. You really should see the fellowship going on here in Freehold. And the reason that True Christians™ are our only neighbors is that the Bible commands us to stay away from unsaved scum like yourself. We are not to live and interact with sinners. We keep our distance and isolate ourselves from heathens, homosexuals, Catholics, goths, and other hellbound people. Therefore they can't be our neighbors!

1st Corinthians 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

2nd Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Ninnyboy 07-18-2010 08:51 PM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 561258)
How can you say "neighbour" is every single human on Earth? If God wanted us to love everyone, He would've said just that: "Love everyone.". But, He purposely used the word neighbour. The reason being is that our neighbours are our fellow Christians. God is commanding us to love each other (True Christians™), which we do. You really should see the fellowship going on here in Freehold. And the reason that True Christians™ are our only neighbors is that the Bible commands us to stay away from unsaved scum like yourself. We are not to live and interact with sinners. We keep our distance and isolate ourselves from heathens, homosexuals, Catholics, goths, and other hellbound people. Therefore they can't be our neighbors!

1st Corinthians 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

2nd Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Really?

Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
- Leviticus 19:18

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
- Matthew 7:1-2

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
- Matthew 7:5

Now regarding the 'neighbour' argument.. Can I revert to cliche and quote the story of the Good Samaritan?
It also links into the massive racism that's happening on this website, to which, personally, I think 'honourable' people such as yourself should help put a stop. But anyway.

But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
- Luke 10:25-37

Don't see anything there that says 'other Christians', do you?

Ezekiel Bathfire 07-19-2010 12:22 AM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninnyboy (Post 561278)

Now regarding the 'neighbour' argument.. Can I revert to cliche and quote the story of the Good Samaritan?
It also links into the massive racism that's happening on this website, to which, personally, I think 'honourable' people such as yourself should help put a stop. But anyway.

[...]
- Luke 10:25-37

Don't see anything there that says 'other Christians', do you?

I fear you have missed the whole point of the story of The Good Samaritan.

The emphasis is on the "Good". It was well known and well documented that as a race, the Samaritans were all thieves, liars, cheats, stupid and lazy. Jesus recognized this is how they all were and thus chose Samaritans as an example.

This is not to be seen as racism, but as proof that God created races and gave them certain characteristics, not all of which were pleasant.

There is absolutely nothing to say that there really was a Samaritan - it was a parable. I dare say that if Jesus had said it was a true story, no one would have believed him as even the Disciples knew Samaritans were bastards.

M't:10:5: These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Tortoiseshel 11-27-2010 08:02 PM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
What about Asexuality: not being attracted to either sex? What does the Bible say about it?

Lycia The Repentant 11-27-2010 08:09 PM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel (Post 644592)
What about Asexuality: not being attracted to either sex? What does the Bible say about it?

It is sinful and will get you sent to Hell.

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Revelation 3:15-16

God clearly wants people to choose a side in regards to sexuality, so long as they choose the right side.

Tortoiseshel 11-27-2010 08:15 PM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
In context, that verse refers to good or evil, not straight or gay.

Levi Jones 11-27-2010 10:24 PM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel (Post 644599)
In context, that verse refers to good or evil, not straight or gay.

No sex. No interest in sex is generally godly.

1 Corinthians 7:1-2, 8-9 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide (abstain) even as I.
But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

Jesus tells us how much He loves the castrated.

Matthew 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.


I personally, could never receive it. God has made me a manly breeder destined to make my wife bear me many more soldiers for Christ.

Foxxy11 12-16-2010 03:08 AM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
y'all make me sick, Twinkie and the other wierdos. I'd go so far to say, Twinkie has a better chance in heaven than you. :(

Levi Jones 12-16-2010 03:28 AM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxxy11 (Post 655338)
y'all make me sick, Twinkie and the other wierdos. I'd go so far to say, Twinkie has a better chance in heaven than you. :(

Don't you think that is a bit judgmental, especially since we don't know you at all?

aurora901 01-20-2011 12:34 AM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Hello everyone. I came across this forum a day or so ago and I felt the compelling need to post. And after reading through all 37 pages of topics, I have come to a conclusion: You so called “Christians” are twisting the Bible to serve your own purposes. Guess what? HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A DISEASE! You people need to stop treating it like one. It is not a “choice”, it is not something that can be cured because there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being homosexual.
John 3:16 states “For God to love the world that He gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but shall have everlasting life.” God loves all of His children, despite who they are involved with socially. He will not hold being gay against someone, so what gives you people the right to? . If God can love His children if they are homosexual, then why can’t you? What gives you the right to discriminate against someone else’s life? When Jesus did his ministry, the only people he hung around with were basically considered the “rejects of the world” by society which INCLUDED prostitutes, diseased people, and homosexuals. Obviously, if the son of God had no issue with people who are gay then it’s obviously not a sin against God.
I am not trying to say people cannot disapprove of homosexuality, because that is going to happen anyway. I’m saying taking it to the extreme of basically applauding when a poor soul takes his life because he is ashamed of his homosexuality or encouraging a twelve step program to cure oneself of homosexuality, or not allowing your sons to be in their sisters’ rooms because that might turn them gay, then that is the point of ridiculous. “Let he without sin cast the first stone.” Are every one of you saying that you have not sinned that you are beyond perfection? A sin is a sin, and if all of you believe that homosexuality is a huge sin, what do you believe that God thinks of torture? Suicide? Death of His children encouraged by close-minded loons who make them feel ashamed for who they are? Mathew 7:1-2: “Do not judge or you too will be judged for in the same way you judge others you will be judged and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.” How about before the next time any one of you decides to spout against someone for being who they are, take a good hard look in the mirror? Let’s give that a try.
Being bisexual, homosexual, whatever any person is does NOT make them a bad person. A person’s choices in life determines who they are; the right and wrong in their life, not who they choose to put “In a Relationship With:” on Facebook. There is a belief that people who are considered “gay-bashers” are indeed homosexuals themselves, but are too ashamed to come out of the metaphorical closet. Is that the case with all of you? Because, frankly, you posses a lot of rage towards homosexuals. Again, I repeat: take a look in the mirror.
Personally, I am a BISEXUAL. This is not something I am ashamed of; in fact, I’m PROUD to be bi. I’ve known that I was interested in both genders from a very young age, and there is nothing wrong with this. Yes, I do believe in God, and yes I do pray to Him quite often. I know that God is forgiving and loving and He will not care who I choose to love as long as it makes me happy. I am not committing a sin against Him by being involved romantically with someone of my own gender. And I also know that every single one of you so-called debaters is going to see this post and chastise me for my life, and I do not care. You are names on a screen to me, and mean nothing. My family and friends love and accept me as does God. And who are you to tell me I’m wrong? So go right ahead. Call me an enemy of God. I know this to be false. :)

<3, Me. J

Capt. Aaron Portway 01-20-2011 12:55 AM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aurora901 (Post 678344)
I AM A HATE-FILLED QUEER!!!

Thanks for that wall of text!:sarcasm:

Listen whatever you are, it is usually customary to at least introduce yourself to a group of people before you yell at them about how wrong they are!

Why don't you just give me your address so I can fly to where ever you live and shout at you about how stupid and wrong you are about EVERYTHING!! No? Well that's what you just did!:thumbdown:

Professor Bessemer 01-20-2011 01:06 AM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aurora901 (Post 678344)
Hello everyone. I came across this forum a day or so ago and I felt the compelling need to post. And after reading through all 37 pages of topics, I have come to a conclusion: You so called “Christians” are twisting the Bible to serve your own purposes. Guess what? HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A DISEASE! You people need to stop treating it like one. It is not a “choice”, it is not something that can be cured because there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being homosexual.

How wrong you are. As an Ex-Gay© I can assure that the depravities of my unsaved homo life were absolutely wrong in the eyes of the Lord. The AIDS is a direct punishment from God for the disease of Sodomania that queers like I used to be chose to be afflicted with.


Quote:

Originally Posted by aurora901 (Post 678344)
John 3:16 states “For God to love the world that He gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but shall have everlasting life.”

Here you are misunderstanding and misquoting the Bible. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Are you a Christian? Have you accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and savior at an Independent Baptist Church?

And here is another Bible quote for you to ponder.


If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Leviticus 20:13


Quote:

Originally Posted by aurora901 (Post 678344)
God loves all of His children, despite who they are involved with socially. He will not hold being gay against someone, so what gives you people the right to? . If God can love His children if they are homosexual, then why can’t you? What gives you the right to discriminate against someone else’s life? When Jesus did his ministry, the only people he hung around with were basically considered the “rejects of the world” by society which INCLUDED prostitutes, diseased people, and homosexuals. Obviously, if the son of God had no issue with people who are gay then it’s obviously not a sin against God.
I am not trying to say people cannot disapprove of homosexuality, because that is going to happen anyway. I’m saying taking it to the extreme of basically applauding when a poor soul takes his life because he is ashamed of his homosexuality or encouraging a twelve step program to cure oneself of homosexuality, or not allowing your sons to be in their sisters’ rooms because that might turn them gay, then that is the point of ridiculous. “Let he without sin cast the first stone.” Are every one of you saying that you have not sinned that you are beyond perfection? A sin is a sin, and if all of you believe that homosexuality is a huge sin, what do you believe that God thinks of torture? Suicide? Death of His children encouraged by close-minded loons who make them feel ashamed for who they are? Mathew 7:1-2: “Do not judge or you too will be judged for in the same way you judge others you will be judged and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.” How about before the next time any one of you decides to spout against someone for being who they are, take a good hard look in the mirror? Let’s give that a try.
Being bisexual, homosexual, whatever any person is does NOT make them a bad person. A person’s choices in life determines who they are; the right and wrong in their life, not who they choose to put “In a Relationship With:” on Facebook. There is a belief that people who are considered “gay-bashers” are indeed homosexuals themselves, but are too ashamed to come out of the metaphorical closet. Is that the case with all of you? Because, frankly, you posses a lot of rage towards homosexuals. Again, I repeat: take a look in the mirror.
Personally, I am a BISEXUAL. This is not something I am ashamed of; in fact, I’m PROUD to be bi. I’ve known that I was interested in both genders from a very young age, and there is nothing wrong with this. Yes, I do believe in God, and yes I do pray to Him quite often. I know that God is forgiving and loving and He will not care who I choose to love as long as it makes me happy. I am not committing a sin against Him by being involved romantically with someone of my own gender. And I also know that every single one of you so-called debaters is going to see this post and chastise me for my life, and I do not care. You are names on a screen to me, and mean nothing. My family and friends love and accept me as does God. And who are you to tell me I’m wrong? So go right ahead. Call me an enemy of God. I know this to be false.


You are an enemy of God.







.

Didymus Much 01-20-2011 01:45 AM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/...ycrosshair.jpg

Jedediah 01-20-2011 02:07 AM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aurora901 (Post 678344)
HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A DISEASE! You people need to stop treating it like one. It is not a “choice”, it is not something that can be cured because there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being homosexual.

This is a liberal talking point that is trotted out when unsaved trash wish to justify their perversion and their disregard for God's Word. You simply cannot back up this assertion, because homosexuality is clearly a sin if you can actually be bothered to read more than a few cherry-picked, out-of-context "Jesus loves everybody no matter what they do" quotes from the Holy Bible (KJV 1611).

Furthermore, homosexuality can be cured. Do you see the Ex-Gay© award under my name? They don't just hand those out, you know. It took me many intense months of prayer, counseling, and elective procedures to cure my perversion, but it can be done. If you were serious about your walk with Christ, you would seek out a cure as well instead of coming to our Christian forum and claiming that your own vain opinion supercedes the Word of God!

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:25-28
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;


Quote:

John 3:16 states “For God to love the world that He gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but shall have everlasting life.” God loves all of His children, despite who they are involved with socially. He will not hold being gay against someone, so what gives you people the right to?
False Christians always stop at John 3:16. Let's try that verse in its proper context, shall we?

John 3:16-18
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

It is not enough to merely pay lip service. If you actually believe that Jesus will save you from your sins, then you must also take Him seriously when it comes to keeping His Commandments.

Deuteronomy 13:4
Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

God does indeed love His children, but who are His children? The answer is found in Scripture.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.


The sons of God are those who receive Him and follow His Word. One is not a son of God merely by being born. Indeed, we are all born into sin! (Psalm 51:5) Unless we are washed in the Blood of Jesus and go forth and sin no more (John 5:14, John 8:11, etc.), we cannot be considered children of God!

Similarly, the fact that you cherry-pick a few agreeable verses of Scripture and call yourself a Christian does not mean that you are a True Christian™. Unless you make some serious changes in your life, you are going to be in for a rude awakening on Judgment Day.

Matthew 7:22-23
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Quote:

When Jesus did his ministry, the only people he hung around with were basically considered the “rejects of the world” by society which INCLUDED prostitutes, diseased people, and homosexuals. Obviously, if the son of God had no issue with people who are gay then it’s obviously not a sin against God.
Please support your assertions with Scripture. I do not recall Jesus palling around with AIDS-ridden homers.

Many of us True Christian™ wallowed in wanton perversion and depredation before finding Jesus. I know I did. But once we become washed in His Blood and accept His offer of Redemption, we are no longer the same person. When we become True Christians™, we take Jesus' exhortation to sin no more seriously. Indeed, as children of God who abide in righteousness and perfection, we cannot sin! Praise Him!

I John 3:6-9
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.


Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.


I John 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Quote:

“Let he without sin cast the first stone.” Are every one of you saying that you have not sinned that you are beyond perfection? A sin is a sin, and if all of you believe that homosexuality is a huge sin, what do you believe that God thinks of torture? Suicide? Death of His children encouraged by close-minded loons who make them feel ashamed for who they are? Mathew 7:1-2: “Do not judge or you too will be judged for in the same way you judge others you will be judged and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.”
False Christians regularly and predictably come here and quote John 8:7 to us, thinking that they are making some sort of profound point. Again, let's examine this verse in context.

John 8:7-11
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

In this verse, Jesus is speaking to unsaved trash who have not accepted Him as their LORD and Savior. At that time, He had not yet died (temporarily) on the Cross, so it was not possible for any to be washed in His Blood at that period in history.

The unsaved trash to whom Jesus spoke were born in sin just as we all are (e.g., Romans 3:23). The difference between the Pharisees and True Christians™, though, is that True Christians™ have been washed in the Blood of Jesus while the Pharisees had not. You can study all the Scripture you want, but unless one has accepted Jesus Christ as his personal LORD and Savior and has been baptized in His Name, there is no way one can have his or her sins washed away. It is only through the Blood of Christ that we are made perfect.

Further, Jesus here illustrates His Grace. Instead of condemning the harlot, he exhorts her to live as a True Christian™ and commit no more sin.

As for your twisting and perverting of Matthew 7, our own Rev. Jim Osborne has given a detailed sermon on the matter in this thread:
The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5)

I suggest you read that for your own edification. To summarize, as perfect True Christians™, it is our prerogative and our obligation to judge righteous judgment. We can quickly bury you up to your neck in Scripture if you aren't willing to take my word for it.

God only forbids hypocritical judgment (e.g., Leviticus 19:15, John 7:24, etc.). But since we are perfect Christians, there is nothing hypocritical about our righteous judgment. You would already know this if you could be bothered to read more than a small handful of cherry-picked verses.

Quote:

A person’s choices in life determines who they are; the right and wrong in their life, not who they choose to put “In a Relationship With:” on Facebook.
Is choosing to be in a relationship or have gay sex with someone not a choice? :wacko:

Quote:

Personally, I am a BISEXUAL. This is not something I am ashamed of; in fact, I’m PROUD to be bi. I’ve known that I was interested in both genders from a very young age, and there is nothing wrong with this. Yes, I do believe in God, and yes I do pray to Him quite often. I know that God is forgiving and loving and He will not care who I choose to love as long as it makes me happy
Please provide the Scripture that says there is nothing wrong with being an unrepentant homer.

You follow a false god that exists only in your sorely deluded imagination.

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.


If you do not change your wicked ways, ignoring the instructions God left for us in the Bible, then when you die, your false hippy Christ will reveal his true demon form to you. He will laugh at you for being so foolish in the life God gave to you as to be led astray by false deceivers and their false doctrines. He will grab you by the ankle, spin you around, and hurtle you into a black abyss.

You will fall for what seems like days. Then you will feel it getting hotter, and you will see a small read dot off in the distance. As you fall closer to the red dot, your skin will blister from the heat, and the dot will grow larger. As you get closer and closer, you will see horned beasts flying above what appear to be the shapes of men and women thrashing around in a pool of lava. These are the souls of the damned, and you are on your way to joining them.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.


Your skin will burn off. You will writhe in agony and gnash your teeth so hard they shatter. Oh, how you will scream and scream and scream. But no one is here to help you. You have already rejected Jesus, and now it is too late. The flying demons will swoop down upon you, lift you out of the molten lava, and tear you to shreds. This is their way of welcoming you to hell. You will instantly regenerate, only to suffer these and other, indescribable torments for eternity.

Isaiah 66:24
And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.


But there is Good News! You still have a chance to avoid this fate if you repent of your wickedness, ask Jesus into your heart, be washed in His Blood, and live by every word contained in the Bible (KJV 1611). We love you as only a True Christian™ could, and we want you to join us in Heaven. Won't you please reconsider the path you are on and walk in the ways of True Christianity™?

Quote:

And who are you to tell me I’m wrong? So go right ahead. Call me an enemy of God. I know this to be false. :)
We are True Christians™, that's who! Everything we are telling you is straight from the Holy Bible (KJV 1611). It doesn't matter what I think, and it doesn't matter what you think. All that matters is what God commands. If you don't like it, take it up with God, not us. We are merely His messengers.

Belle_07 01-20-2011 03:24 AM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Hello Everyone.
I was raised as a Christian. I go to church EVERY Sunday and I went to a private school for seven years of my life. I have full Knowledge about the bible and who Christ is. I would first like to address how much you people are acting like Pharisees towards the Homosexual community. Even though I am a Christian, I have two close friends, who are Bisexual. No matter who or what they like, they are still my friends and I love them the same. I personally believe that homosexuality is wrong, but that does not mean I am going to be a Pharisee about it. If someone asked me to name all my sins, it will take me more than a minute to list all of them. My closest friend is bi and I still love her like she was my sister. She still is who she is and we are still closer than ever. There is a verse in the New Testament that says Homosexuality is wrong, but it doesn’t stop there. It goes on to talk about all the other sins that are wrong, like adultery. People quote Leviticus 20:13 and yet they do not realize that The Old Testament does not apply to us anymore because part of the reason why Jesus came was to fulfill that. He was the perfect lamb that was sacrificed so that we don’t have to do that every time we sin. I can sit here and tell you how much you’re wrong, but I heard a Known Christian Pastor (Miles McPherson) tell The Rock Church that we should love on the people that are “different” than us. Our job, as Christians, is to tell Non Christians about Christ. In this, it doesn’t give us a reason to point fingers at everyone because in reality, there are three fingers pointing back at you. Sin is sin is sin. One white lie is the same thing as a rapist. All homosexuals want to be is loved and be loved in return. We are called to be light of the world (Matthew 5:14-16). How can we be light of the world, when we are sitting there, telling everyone who is different that they belong in hell? Just because we are Christians, doesn’t mean we are better than everyone. I definitely know that I am not better what-so-ever!

Capt. Aaron Portway 01-20-2011 04:01 AM

Re: Welcome to Straight 4 Jesus!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle_07 (Post 678416)
Hello Everyone.
I was raised as a Christian. I go to church EVERY Sunday and I went to a private school for seven years of my life. I have full Knowledge about the bible and who Christ is. I would first like to address how much you people are acting like Pharisees towards the Homosexual community. Even though I am a Christian, I have two close friends, who are Bisexual. No matter who or what they like, they are still my friends and I love them the same. I personally believe that homosexuality is wrong, but that does not mean I am going to be a Pharisee about it. If someone asked me to name all my sins, it will take me more than a minute to list all of them. My closest friend is bi and I still love her like she was my sister. She still is who she is and we are still closer than ever. There is a verse in the New Testament that says Homosexuality is wrong, but it doesn’t stop there. It goes on to talk about all the other sins that are wrong, like adultery. People quote Leviticus 20:13 and yet they do not realize that The Old Testament does not apply to us anymore because part of the reason why Jesus came was to fulfill that. He was the perfect lamb that was sacrificed so that we don’t have to do that every time we sin. I can sit here and tell you how much you’re wrong, but I heard a Known Christian Pastor (Miles McPherson) tell The Rock Church that we should love on the people that are “different” than us. Our job, as Christians, is to tell Non Christians about Christ. In this, it doesn’t give us a reason to point fingers at everyone because in reality, there are three fingers pointing back at you. Sin is sin is sin. One white lie is the same thing as a rapist. All homosexuals want to be is loved and be loved in return. We are called to be light of the world (Matthew 5:14-16). How can we be light of the world, when we are sitting there, telling everyone who is different that they belong in hell? Just because we are Christians, doesn’t mean we are better than everyone. I definitely know that I am not better what-so-ever!

Belle, is the 07 in your user name your age? Because you sound like a little kid talking about Fluffy Bunny Sunday school! I don't have time to refute all the mistakes in your post, but I will hit the Big Ones.

1) The Old Testament doesn't apply anymore-----WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

Read this little one:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:17-19



Did you get that? The Law (The Old Testament) is still in force, therefore queers are damned!




2)Christians shouldn't judge, they should "Love Thy Neighbor" ----
WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

True Christians™ are TASKED to judge non-believers and FALSE Christians! Check THIS out!


Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Leviticus 19:15


See that? It is our JOB to pass judgment on those that break His laws.




3)If you just love everybody and "live a good life", you'll go to Heaven ---
WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

If you, as a supposed Christian, do not follow the entire KJV 1611 Bible, TO THE LETTER, you are a FALSE Christian. Cherry-picking the Word of God is like spitting in the face of the Baby Jesus!

So keep on the way you are Belle, and you'll burn in Hell for all eternity with your disgusting dyke friends! :firedevil:












All times are GMT. The time now is 09:29 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved