The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Godly Politics (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Who's right? Rick Perry or some judge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117066)

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 11-26-2019 04:07 PM

Who's right? Rick Perry or some judge

The question is whether President Trump is a modern day king. Here is the evidence, for and against. I know who I'd vote for being king.

Quote:

“God’s used imperfect people all through history,” Perry told the Fox News host Ed Henry in a video clip widely shared on Monday. “King David wasn’t perfect, Saul wasn’t perfect, Solomon wasn’t perfect. “And I actually gave the president a little one-pager” – a possible reference to the short and colourful briefing notes Trump is reported to prefer – “on those Old Testament kings, about a month ago.

“And I shared it with him, I said, ‘Mr President, I know there are people that say, y’know, ‘You said you were the chosen one.’ And, I said: ‘You were.’
Quote:

A federal judge [Ketanji Brown Jackson] has landed a damaging blow on Donald Trump in the US president’s ongoing fight with Congress, ruling that the former White House counsel Donald McGahn must testify in the impeachment hearings despite claims that he had “absolute immunity” as a top presidential adviser.

Pointedly, the judge added: “It is a core tenet of this nation’s founding that the powers of a monarch must be split between the branches of the government to prevent tyranny … Stated simply, the primary takeaway from the past 250 years of recorded American history is that presidents are not kings.”

Basilissa 11-26-2019 05:14 PM

Re: Who's right? Rick Perry or some judge

This is really good news, that Rick Perry is reading these forums, but he should have told the media where he got all these verses from. Two years ago, one of our own, Alan Swallows, made a very compelling Bible-based case why Donald J. Trump (:wub:) should be made king.

Not citing Landover is a clear case of plagiarism. :( I mean, it's great that our ideas are making their way into society, but the credit should be given where credit is due! :angry:

Mark 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Johny Joe Hold 11-26-2019 05:35 PM

This judge refers to the balance of powers .. blah blah blah. A few years ago having a King for our leader would have been unthinkable.

The election of Donald Trump changed many things. One of them is the legitimate powers of our leader. The old balance of powers between the legislative, judicial and executive branches is out of date.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 11-26-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1261006)
The election of Donald Trump changed many things. One of them is the legitimate powers of our leader. The old balance of powers between the legislative, judicial and executive branches is out of date.

The only thing that rankles with this vision of perfection is Perry's use of the past tense: "And, I said: ‘You were.'" I imagine it was a slip of the tongue, it must've just slipped right in there where it shouldn't belong. Yet there it is. So probably just a mistake - I mean, Rick's not exactly the brightest bulb in the Dept of Energy.