The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover to the Rescue - Christian Help Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Looking for a brochure or information on Landover’s Nigra Outreach Program. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117967)

Uncle Rutherford 08-30-2020 04:02 PM

Looking for a brochure or information on Landover’s Nigra Outreach Program.

I was planning on walking 750 miles on FOOT to hand out pamphlets and brochures containing information on saving Nigras from themselves in the protests going on in Portland and Wisconsin. Landover’s website is full of great information but I can’t find printable pamphlets containing information on your Nigra Outreach Program. Can anyone provide helpful information I can relay over to protestors to stop the violence and looting they’re committing? I don’t think harm would come to me given my skin color so it’s a good opportunity for me to help safely. I’m compelled to also include Ephesians 2:8 to further convince them to change and be saved. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.

Basilissa 08-30-2020 06:34 PM

Re: Looking for a brochure or information on Landover’s Nigra Outreach Program.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rutherford (Post 1273122)
Can anyone provide helpful information I can relay over to protestors to stop the violence and looting they’re committing?

Is this a trick question? :huh:

The Bible is full of verses dealing with looting and violence, but I wouldn't say you can use them to stop it. Here are some examples:

Deuteronomy 7:2-5
2 And when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:
3 Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.
4 For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.
5 But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire.

Deuteronomy 20:13-14
13 And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:
14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.

So looting, killing, and raping is perfectly OK in God's Book. :thumbsup: There also are some very helpful verses dealing with the correct approach towards captive sex slaves, too (e.g. Deuteronomy 21:10-17).

One thing to remember, though, is not to rob God:

Malachi 3:8-10
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

So the important thing would be, to tell the looters not to rob God but tithe, tithe, tithe! :thumbsup:

Now, if you don't care about the looters, but want to stop the peaceful protests, that's a whole different thing - a peaceful protest is an abomination in the eyes of the Lord, and all these people need to be reminded that God is in favor of strict social stratification:

Titus 2:9-10, 3:1
9 Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;
10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

I hope that was helpful. :innocent:

Uncle Rutherford 08-31-2020 10:14 PM

So insightful. How could I have gotten this wrong? I need to get over there with a caravan and stop the peaceful protestors on the streets instead. Would it be more effective to drive up beside them in my pickup and tell them the appropriate Bible verses?

WWJDnow 08-31-2020 11:23 PM

Ask and it shall be given you. The brochure is here.

Basilissa 09-01-2020 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rutherford (Post 1273159)
So insightful. How could I have gotten this wrong? I need to get over there with a caravan and stop the peaceful protestors on the streets instead. Would it be more effective to drive up beside them in my pickup and tell them the appropriate Bible verses?

My understanding of recent events is that as long as you drive along side them rather then into them, and use paintball guns rather than live ammo guns, you should be OK.

If you post your action on Twitter, you might get the honor of being retweeted by our Godly President.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9697616.html