The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Creation Science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Google does it again! Glorifies math-cultist! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=68572)

Trent Harvey, Jr. 08-17-2011 03:45 PM

Google does it again! Glorifies math-cultist!

Google tested the waters with their glorification of evolutionist Howie Mandel. Now they're getting worse, glorifying some french matheist named Pierre de Fermat. Apart from being french and with a hippie hairstyle, this deviant was into a form of autism called "mathematics", a field that invents all sorts of unBiblical nonsense. Some mathmeticians even believe "God is in the numbers". Despite the fact that nobody can see, hear, smell or touch numbers, nobody has ever taken a photo of a number or captured one to put in a museum or zoo. In short, math sounds exactly like something some con-artist would invent, and until evidence that number exist arrive, we'll have to assume that's the case.

Of course, kids need to learn some math, for example a caddy has to know where hole 10 is, and the cashier at Wal-Mart has to be able to count how many bags of pork rinds are in your cart. But once you're into "theorems" you know you're being conned by someone who likes to make up invisible things and then use peer pressure on you, Emperor's New Clothes style, to make you believe it.

As for who this Pierre the Fermented guy is, the only info I could find was in written in that Math gobbledegook (especially the gook part, math is mostly an asian obsession). I did noticed that he hung around with gamblers. Not the good Wall Street kind, nor "casting lots" as in Joshua 18:10, but the kind God hates - card and dice type gamblers. (Bible quotation forthcoming - obviously the Bible condemns gambling somewhere, I just haven't found the passage yet).

Why math is as bad as evolution

I Kings 7:23-26 tells us that pi is 3. Not 3.14whatever-mathmetiticans-have-made-up-today...Just a good, simple 3. The kind of number that was good enough for my granddaddy and is good enough for me.

But mathematicians, like evolutionists, are calling God a liar. Every time someone sees a circle, they will be reminded to hate Jesus.

Friends, I suggest joining the "teach the controversy" bumper-sticker campaign. Here are some to start:

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2177/pibox1pw1.jpg

http://api.ning.com/files/affev9Lea7...vilfossils.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ulP4veP9Sw...geocentric.gif

Cranky Old Man 08-17-2011 03:59 PM

Re: Google does it again! Glorifies math-cultist!

I never trusted fuzzy math ever since Al Gore started to use it.

He tried to use fuzzy math to beat George W. Bush, but Bush crushed him accordingly.

He no doubt AL Gore used fuzzy math to "prove" global warming.

http://i.imgur.com/Pd6x0.jpg

Trent Harvey, Jr. 08-17-2011 04:22 PM

While looking for bumper stickers I found this picture, which raises some...questions.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jsOeEJLVbo...Sex%5B1%5D.jpg

You see, evolutionism turns people into savages because it teaches them that they came from a "primordial ooze", despite the bible saying we're made from dirt in Genesis 2:7.

Meanwhile, the semen-theory says that we before we were babies we were gobs of slimy gunk that got sneezed out of a guy's you-know-what. Storks-From-God might not be completely true, but we have to think of people's morals. Besides, the semen-theory leads to people using condoms to outsmart the semen. But you can't outsmart an invisible stork from heaven.

Is it time we teach the Stork-baby theory?

Insanity01 08-20-2011 03:30 PM

"What is Pi?"
A mathematician: "Pi is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter."
A computer programmer: "Pi is 3.141592653589 in double precision."
A physicist: "Pi is 3.14159 plus or minus 0.000005."
An engineer: "Pi is about 22/7."

Just depends on how smart you are, and how you wish to apply Pi.

Redeemed Papist 08-20-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insanity01 (Post 785310)
"What is Pi?"
A mathematician: "Pi is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter."

What has this got to do with anything?

How about you make an introduction thread instead of yapping on and on and on.

James Hutchins 08-20-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

"What is Pi?"

What an idiot.

Pie can be apple, blueberry, cherry, peach, rhubarb, persimmons, chicken. It cannot be abstract numbers.

Didymus Much 08-20-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

"What is Pi?"

The engineer realizes that he lives in the real (physical) world, where there are limits to how accurately one can measure something. In linear measurements, rarely can you make it past 4 places; so using a "more accurate" value of pi than 3.142 is completely pointless. Stay in school until you learn what "significant figures" really mean. :thumbsup:

The others can impress themselves (and their dates, as if) with how many useless digits they can memorize.

Redeemed Papist 08-20-2011 07:20 PM

Ignore the above heathen.

2 Chronicles 4:2 Also he made a molten sea of ten cubits from brim to brim, round in compass, and five cubits the height thereof; and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.

Do the maths.

Rev. Jim Osborne 08-22-2011 05:57 AM

There's a reason why Freehold schools do not teach any math courses beyond 8th grade to our school children. Arithmetic may be real, but this algebra and calculus nonsense is just hypothetical mental masturbation. Advanced mathematics is not "real" in any sense of the word. I once had a conversation with a math professor and he told me about "imaginary numbers". Imagine that! How can you study something which doesn't even exist?

No thanks, I'll stick to reading my Bible.

Pastor Ezekiel 08-23-2011 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 786176)
There's a reason why Freehold schools do not teach any math courses beyond 8th grade to our school children. Arithmetic may be real, but this algebra and calculus nonsense is just hypothetical mental masturbation. Advanced mathematics is not "real" in any sense of the word. I once had a conversation with a math professor and he told me about "imaginary numbers". Imagine that! How can you study something which doesn't even exist?

No thanks, I'll stick to reading my Bible.

Amen, Brother. If they teach calculus, next it'll be Nostradamus Predictions and "mollecular biology." :haha:

strikeout8 08-27-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 783847)
I never trusted fuzzy math ever since Al Gore started to use it.

He tried to use fuzzy math to beat George W. Bush, but Bush crushed him accordingly.

He no doubt AL Gore used fuzzy math to "prove" global warming.

http://i.imgur.com/Pd6x0.jpg

You know Bush messed the economy up so bad gas is 5 dollars a gallon? George W Bush was a total idiot, and I hope you learn a lesson Global Warming IS real when you have a 100 F winter.

James Hutchins 08-27-2011 02:48 PM

Gas is not $5 a gallon, I just paid $3.19

Last winter was one of the coldest we have ever had. This summer was milder than last year.

Maybe because you are in Hell it seems warmer than usual but need to discuss that with the Devil, not us True Christians™.
God too, has little interst in listening to anyone who is not on His side of things. If He wanted it hot, believe you me, it would be hot. But it is not, it is pleasant, as usual.

Redeemed Papist 08-27-2011 03:36 PM

Why do angry kids always want to rant and rant and rant?

Proverbs 22:15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

Could it be for the lack of some judicious beatings?