The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hell is paved with the skulls of unbaptized babies (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=4086)

Pastor Rune Enoe 07-31-2007 10:18 PM

Hell is paved with the skulls of unbaptized babies

I was reading this phoney-baloney bleeding heart FALSE Christian sermon, when I was struck by the following statement:

“hell is paved with the skulls of infants not a span long”

Now, a span is 23 inches, so I thought they were rather big skulls for being infants' skulls. After a while it dawned upon me that it was the infants, not the skulls, who were "not a span long". Ooops. :blush:

Anyway, it got me wondering about the exact nature of building materials that God used when He created Hell (Matthew 25:41). As a True Christian™ I only except to see Hell from the other side of the great gulf, so please indulge an old man's curiosity.

Jonathan Edwards (1703–1758) claimed that "The road to hell is paved with the skulls of unbaptized babies", while Richard Baxter (1615-1691) is quoted in Hazlitt's "Table Talk" for stating from the pulpit, "Hell is paved with infants' skulls". According to Chrysostom it was priests' skulls and not infants' skulls.

I hope my True Christian™ brethren and sistren have given thoughts to this theological puzzle.

Joo 08-01-2007 02:02 AM

Re: Hell is paved with the skulls of unbaptized babies

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prune Danish (Post 86377)
I was reading this phoney-baloney bleeding heart FALSE Christian sermon, when I was struck by the following statement:

Now, a span is 23 inches, so I thought they were rather big skulls for being infants' skulls. After a while it dawned upon me that it was the infants, not the skulls, who were "not a span long". Ooops. :blush:

Anyway, it got me wondering about the exact nature of building materials that God used when He created Hell (Matthew 25:41). As a True Christian™ I only except to see Hell from the other side of the great gulf, so please indulge an old man's curiosity.

Jonathan Edwards (1703–1758) claimed that "The road to hell is paved with the skulls of unbaptized babies", while Richard Baxter (1615-1691) is quoted in Hazlitt's "Table Talk" for stating from the pulpit, "Hell is paved with infants' skulls". According to Chrysostom it was priests' skulls and not infants' skulls.

I hope my True Christian™ brethren and sistren have given thoughts to this theological puzzle.

Well regardless of who's skulls it is, apparently it seems as though there is a consensus on the fact that the streets are indeed made of skulls. From that, we can probably guess that the rest of the architecture is in a similar fashion, made from bones or even other body parts. Perhaps stone commonly found along with volcanoes since it's supposed to be all fiery. But that's just speculation, don't take my word for it.

Brother V 09-18-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Jonathan Edwards (1703–1758) claimed that "The road to hell is paved with the skulls of unbaptized babies",

Does that mean the babies skulls are the same as good intentions?

Bobby-Joe 09-18-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother V (Post 95602)

Interesting, that would mean we would now have the physical characteristics of a good intention. Truely, God knows the measure of all things.

Nobar King 09-18-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother V (Post 95602)

Good one.

Anyway, is it the road to hell, or the roads in hell that are paved with these skulls? What do they use all the new skulls for? Improvements? Filling skull sized potholes?

Also, what was hell paved with before it was paved with skulls? And how long did it take to aquire them for paving?

Marshall 09-18-2007 04:15 PM

Once the Godless Democrats legalized abortion and the murder of infants, Hell had so much surplus that a DOT had to be formed to create all sorts of new roads and even a highway between Hells capital in Mecca and the actual lake of fire beside Satans cave.

Father Thomas Martin 09-19-2007 06:36 AM

Quote:

Whoa...Somehow I would doubt that St. John Chrysostom would say that...He was one of the early Fathers of the Church!

Buford T Scoggins 09-20-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall (Post 95632)
Once the Godless Democrats legalized abortion and the murder of infants, Hell had so much surplus that a DOT had to be formed to create all sorts of new roads and even a highway between Hells capital in Mecca and the actual lake of fire beside Satans cave.

You've got that right, brother Marshall. Let's be frank - all Democrats are terrorists. But at least Clinton was "only" Godless. Just think how much worse it will become if that uppity spook Barack Osama bin Laden becomes president. Then, all non-Muslims will be required to have an abortion. Furthermore, the White House will be converted into a mosque, and all public schools will be converted into madrassas. Indeed, your kids will be forced to read the Koran and practice abortions on frogs in biology class.

Lets stop them before it's too late. Nuke a gay Jihadist for Jesus.

Yours in Christ,
Buford

Viking 12-06-2007 03:25 AM

you baptists are truly evil, truly. how can you believe that innocent childs will go to hell if they werent baptized? are you so self centered, egocentric?

i mean, i have arguments against other religions, but you people, i remain speechless in shock, you are just plain evil and egoist. thats the only thing you are, you truly make me sick.

Sista Lateefah 12-06-2007 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viking (Post 115199)
you baptists are truly evil, truly. how can you believe that innocent childs will go to hell if they werent baptized? are you so self centered, egocentric?

i mean, i have arguments against other religions, but you people, i remain speechless in shock, you are just plain evil and egoist. thats the only thing you are, you truly make me sick.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! ... Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel. - Isaiah 5:20-24

Got asbestos? :flame:

Viking 12-06-2007 03:53 AM

no, i dont need it, i will burn along with the loyal if i need to.

cant you people see the bible was written by the traitors of christ? and you expect to be saved by it? give up on it, they perversed, and destroyed jesus's original message. thats a fact, they are traitors of a prophet, they missed their chance. why do you keep giving it to them, when they killed your god, your idol?

shouldnt you be more hateful to those who killed Him, than to innocent unbaptized kids?

Pastor Ezekiel 12-06-2007 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viking (Post 115224)
no, i dont need it, i will burn along with the loyal if i need to.

cant you people see the bible was written by the traitors of christ? and you expect to be saved by it? give up on it, they perversed, and destroyed jesus's original message. thats a fact, they are traitors of a prophet, they missed their chance. why do you keep giving it to them, when they killed your god, your idol?

shouldnt you be more hateful to those who killed Him, than to innocent unbaptized kids?

Ok, I'll bite gothfag.

Please tell how Christ's message was "perversed and destroyed", and by whom exactly. Who are these "they" you keep whining about?

I am sure that you have proof to show as well?

BTW: I didn't know that vikings were queers.

Viking 12-06-2007 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 115230)
Ok, I'll bite gothfag.

Please tell how Christ's message was "perversed and destroyed", and by whom exactly. Who are these "they" you keep whining about?

I am sure that you have proof to show as well?

BTW: I didn't know that vikings were queers.

well i could always deny, by making up an excuse, to show proof of my statement, as you people have done with the bible.

'they' are the people who betrayed jesus, his followers! the ones who wrote the freaken bible, dumbass. i am sure that if your lord christ is truly the son of god, his message was of peace and tolerance, and not about flagging as 'gay' or 'evil' everything you see.

"BTW: I didn't know that vikings were queers."

you are a worthless brainwashed mormon. sorry if that insults you, but if you think that calling me queer does insult me, you are a complete mormon.

the other two insults are implied.

note that behind every insult i have an argument, i could just say, as you do "your just a sissy who cant accept evil as it is in this earth and needs to hide behind his god and his salvation". but i prefer to be educated, and worthit

Pastor Ezekiel 12-06-2007 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viking (Post 115300)
well i could always deny, by making up an excuse, to show proof of my statement, as you people have done with the bible.

'they' are the people who betrayed jesus, his followers! the ones who wrote the freaken bible, dumbass. i am sure that if your lord christ is truly the son of god, his message was of peace and tolerance, and not about flagging as 'gay' or 'evil' everything you see.

note that behind every insult i have an argument, i could just say, as you do "your just a sissy who cant accept evil as it is in this earth and needs to hide behind his god and his salvation". but i prefer to be educated, and worthit

You have given me nothing. You are talking our of your ass, felipe. Who are "they"? Have you ever even read the Bible? It doesn't sound like it.

You have thee half-baked notions about Jesus, but you can't back them up with any proof. We have the Holy KJV bible, but then you don't accept God's own Words! Don't come into our Godly forum making up vague lies and spewing hatred everywhere. If you are going to accuse us of being false Christians, then back it up with substance.

I don't know what to do with you boy. It is clear that satan has you by the short hairs.

Pastor Billy-Reuben 12-06-2007 05:56 AM

Quote:

the bible was written by the traitors of christ?... they perversed, and destroyed jesus's original message.

Your evidence of this is what, exactly? Please tell us exactly how you came to know that the preserved version of the message is different from the destroyed original.

Quote:

thats a fact

Appending the phrase "thats a fact" to made up nonsense doesn't make it true.

Quote:

they are traitors of a prophet, they missed their chance. why do you keep giving it to them, when they killed your god, your idol?

Hmmm -- you think Jesus was a mere prophet and that people who worship Jesus are worshipping an idol -- that sounds like moon-worshipping Muslim apologetics to me. You do know that the Catholics invented your false religion to take the Holy Land away from the Christians, don't you?

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Viking 12-06-2007 06:20 AM

you do know im not a catholic, i have arguments against catholics aswell.

"Your evidence of this is what, exactly? Please tell us exactly how you came to know that the preserved version of the message is different from the destroyed original."

1. what evidence do YOU have that its not altered
2. my evidence is common sense, a prophet would want peace, and not racism towards other beliefs.

"You have given me nothing. You are talking our of your ass, felipe. Who are "they"? Have you ever even read the Bible? It doesn't sound like it."

i believe to have answered that, i dont remember all their names, but his...is apostles the word in english? well, they never came unto his rescue, they stood as cowards, as queers, as sissys. did they not? now, i see you cursing sissys all the time, here you have them, i believe these are the names:

Simon, Peter, Andrew, James The Greater, John, Phillip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James The Lesser, Simon, Jude, and Judas Iscariot

according to most christians, only Iscariot betrayed Christ...but none of his other apostles came to his rescue either, so they can be considered as traitors aswell.

"I don't know what to do with you boy. It is clear that satan has you by the short hairs."

i do not believe in satan, or an evil entity. MEN are evil, we do not need an evil diety, we just use them to explain our evilness.

if you have not yet noticed im agnostic, so i choose not to believe in satan.

Pastor Billy-Reuben 12-06-2007 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viking (Post 115317)
you do know im not a catholic

Yes, you have revealed yourself to be a either moon-worshipping Muslim or someone who has bought into their propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

Quote:

"Your evidence of this is what, exactly? Please tell us exactly how you came to know that the preserved version of the message is different from the destroyed original."

1. what evidence do YOU have that its not altered

You are the one making assertions, so the burden of proof is on you. You can't just go around spouting nonsense and require others to prove you wrong, claiming victory by default. That's called intellectual dishonesty.

Quote:

2. my evidence is common sense, a prophet would want peace, and not racism towards other beliefs.

:taunt: You can't be racist towards other beliefs, Einstein. You can only be racist towards other races.

Jesus wasn't a mere prophet, Achmed. He is God, incarnated into Human form, here to free us from sin.

Quote:

none of his other apostles came to his rescue either

They weren't supposed to. The plan all along was for Jesus to die on the cross so that mankind could be free from sin.

Quote:

i do not believe in satan

I think your kind calls him Ha-Shaitan.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Viking 12-06-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben (Post 115323)
Yes, you have revealed yourself to be a either moon-worshipping Muslim or someone who has bought into their propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

You are the one making assertions, so the burden of proof is on you. You can't just go around spouting nonsense and require others to prove you wrong, claiming victory by default. That's called intellectual dishonesty.

:taunt: You can't be racist towards other beliefs, Einstein. You can only be racist towards other races.

Jesus wasn't a mere prophet, Achmed. He is God, incarnated into Human form, here to free us from sin.

They weren't supposed to. The plan all along was for Jesus to die on the cross so that mankind could be free from sin.

I think your kind calls him Ha-Shaitan.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

well, from the beginning:

no, ive told you, im agnostic, dont judge when you dont know, ignorant. if i were muslim, i would have said allah, instead of god, and mentioned at least once Mahoma, the thing is, i didnt, so dont go around blabbing nonesense.

intellectual dishonesty? so, you cant prove me wrong, but i am intellectually dishonest. if you could, you would prove me wrong. its pretty simple, either you can, or you cannot. ive told you, i rely on reason, not on books, i rely on my own analysis, and not on a bunch of jews 2000+ years ago. thus my proof comes only by analysis, thus i cannot prove you wrong. i never told you what to believe in, and if i did, it was sureley not my intention.

and about the racist part...english is not my mother language, but not so long ago, even racist could fit an average christian! aside that, there is no such thing as races, thats proven wrong, there are ethnic groups of genetical heritage. so, according to your quote of Einstein, there is NO racism. but there are cases like you people, of course, who curse everyone for being different, and require everyone to act the same, in order to 'be saved'. now, that seems a lil' communist, doesnt it?

how can you prove jesus was god incarnated in human flesh? i mean, aside from the bible, which is your universal argument against everything. if he was, why did he need to die to 'forgive' us?, thats a bit random. i mean, a god, who needs to die temporarily, so he can save his own creation...save it from what? HE's the owner of the universe, isnt he? if he is, why does he need to come and die in a cross?

i will get all the last paragraph straight, for i got a little enraged. if god is almighty, omnipowerful, and owner of the whole universe, why does he have to save us? if he was almighty wouldnt he just destroy the demons and satan? i believe he would. if there is an omnipowerful and perfect god, we need not to fear anything in this universe, for it is all his, is it not? i dont know if i got the message across, its difficult to explain upon deaf ears.

"They weren't supposed to. The plan all along was for Jesus to die on the cross so that mankind could be free from sin."

ok, we are free of sin, why do we need to get baptized then?

besides, how can you prove he was supposed to, and it was not only an ugly turn of destiny for a warmhearted prophet?

"I think your kind calls him Ha-Shaitan."

i think ive told you enough about me not being muslim, and me not having an evil deity. if you decide to blind your eyes from this text, poor you, its a fact you will never see truth again.

Buford T Scoggins 12-06-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viking (Post 115454)
well, from the beginning:

no, ive told you, im agnostic, dont judge when you dont know, ignorant.

I don't believe that you're agnostic. I think you belong to that Al Gore New Age fag religion. You know, the one where they pray to the God of Global Warming. Of course, Gore just wants us to worry so he and his fag friends can make a buck selling solar panels and hybrids. It's a German (wind turbine/solar cell manufacturers) and Japanese (Toyota hybrids) plot to destroy the good old American way of life. Real Americans should drive a 4x4 off-road Ford/GM SUV with a yellow ribbon, "Jesus Saves" bumper sticker and an American flag attached to the antenna.

Repent, before it's too late,
Buford

Viking 12-06-2007 06:23 PM

yes, because with the old american lifestyle were going to last so much time in this earth, aint we?

besides, i support al gore, but let me remember you, ideologies are far from religions. i know my religion, another person cannot tell me what i am, whithout me already knowing it. less if the other person is a fanatic