The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Freehold Truth and Light Baptist newspaper (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Plastic Straw Ban is now in effect - Whites exempted (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115625)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 12-19-2018 06:43 PM

Plastic Straw Ban is now in effect - Whites exempted

First things first, yes, it is permissible to have a white person suck your drink through a straw and then spit it into your mouth for you.

Secondly, while we understand that banning only non-whites from using plastic has a disparate impact on non-whites, we are only doing this because non-whites have a disparate impact on the environment:

https://underthecblog.files.wordpres...ic-sources.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DutzBtrWkAAp-52.jpg

Look, I wished we could have been color-blind about this and treated people as individuals rather than racial groups to be collectively blamed for problems, but that's just not how things are done these days. :shrug:

Johny Joe Hold 12-20-2018 02:42 AM

Re: Plastic Straw Ban is now in effect - Whites exempted

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1242964)
Look, I wished we could have been color-blind about this and treated people as individuals rather than racial groups to be collectively blamed for problems, but that's just not how things are done these days. :shrug:

Exactly right, Brother Jeb. Since the beginning of time non white people made the planet dirty and white people made it cleaner. It's still going on today.
Since white people are such a small part of the problem we can ignore all that prohibition of plastic. We are free to dump whatever we want wherever we want.

Nobar King 12-20-2018 07:45 AM

I guess it was a bit premature to buy all of those steel reusable straws.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 12-20-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 1242987)
I guess it was a bit premature to buy all of those steel reusable straws.

A total ban for all races almost happened. The vote was a close one, but at the last moment there was intense backroom lobbying from the Boy's Choir. Sucking seems to be important to them for some reason.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 12-20-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1242988)
The vote was a close one, but at the last moment there was intense backroom lobbying from the Boy's Choir. Sucking seems to be important to them for some reason.

Don't forget blowing. Sucking and blowing. Thank all the boys for applying so much intense backdoor pressure. Praise Jesus!

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 12-20-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1243001)
Don't forget blowing. Sucking and blowing. Thank all the boys for applying so much intense backdoor pressure. Praise Jesus!

I never understood singing. I mean, of course if it helps to sing in the shower it makes sense for them to spend so much time in saunas. I guess it helps their vocal cords to gargle raw egg whites, and obviously being able to hold your breath helps you sing. But there are other things they do that make no sense to me at all.

Dennis Lukes 12-21-2018 03:56 AM

Straws are not mentioned in the Bible. Is it possible that they were invented by the Catholic Church to simulate oral sodomy? Personally, I never use the things. If Jesus didn't use straws, then who am I to complain about raising my glass a few inches higher?

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 01-08-2019 10:33 PM

The Indonesians may be #2 when it comes to throwing plastic in the ocean, but they are 1# when it comes to fishing that plastic out again and recycling it creatively.

Cranky Old Man 01-08-2019 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Lukes (Post 1243018)
If Jesus didn't use straws, then who am I to complain about raising my glass a few inches higher?

Amen to that. Adding a straw to a drink is as stupid as adding ice cubes to American whiskey. If it doesn't burn your throat, it's not a drink.

Proverbs 31:6
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 09-08-2019 08:16 PM

So it turns out after western geniuses spent an absurd amount of time and money coming up high-tech pipe-dream solutions, and spent an absurd amount of political capital on annoying bans and pressure campaigns, someone came up with a solution:

https://www.laguiadelvaron.com/wp-co...elvaron-2.jpeg

It's called a "net".

But it doesn't employ academics, big tech, activists, or lawyers/politicians, so don't expect it to ever go into use.

I imagine if the powers that be had any brains, they would just take a bunch of fishing drag-nets, put a line of them at whatever bridge is furthest downstream on the 10 rivers that deliver 90% of the problem, and build 20 plastic recycling plants, one on either side of each river. Maybe the nets could move like a conveyor belt - sort of like this:

Think of it as a replacement for garbage trucks, which burn lots of gas as they pick up plastic for recycling. Just toss your recycling in the river, and it will be delivered with zero emissions.

Fund the thing with a tiny tax on plastic straws, if we really do each use 10 straws daily as they claim, it will fund itself very quickly.

Of course, if the powers that be had any brains, they would know that none of this matters because the world's seas are about to be turned into blood: Rev 8:8 Rev 16:3, .

Dennis Lukes 09-09-2019 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1257625)
Just toss your recycling in the river, and it will be delivered with zero emissions.

Wait, am I the only one who's already been doing this? Waterway proximity has saved me a small fortune on dumpster fees for my motel.

I do save up the cans and bottles for the five cent deposit, though. The money for my maids' Christmas bonuses has got to come from somewhere!

Social Construct 09-10-2019 11:50 PM

Could you rewrite this the same, only saying that plastic straws have been Abolished?

Not a big deal, I just really like the word Abolish.

WilliamJenningsBryan 09-11-2019 09:16 AM

I'm certainly inclined to think that if Jesus didn't consider drinking straws worthy of note in the Bible (KJV1611), then I don't need to pay any attention either.

On the other hand, archeologists have found drinking straws in the ruins of ancient Sumerian cities, which indicates that they probably were around in the time of Jesus. So Jesus also had the opportunity to comment on them - like mixed fabric in clothing, but He didn't.

What I don't understand about the globull warming hoax denier greenie types is their objection to plastic drinking straws. Plastic drinking straws are made from oil, and for every barrel of oil that goes into making plastic drinking straws, there's one less barrel of oil that would contribute to CO2.

Those of us with any common sense left would suggest a simple solution to the plastic drinking straw "problem". Don't throw them out at all, simply save them up and burn them in your fireplace for heat during the winter time.

Nobar King 09-12-2019 08:28 PM

I'm revisiting This Thread just to mention that I have a bunch of Steel straws taking up space in my drawer. I realize that I just don't use straws when I drink

if all the Democrats get elected this time they'll probably pass some sort of Bill mandating that farms grow Rye in order to harvest for straws like they used to do. they have bamboo farms all over Asia for harvesting Chopsticks. There's no reason why we can't have thousands or millions of Acres of Rye fields in order to harvest for organic straws.

I Man Rastafari 09-14-2019 08:21 PM

Black people have not polluted the oceans with drinking straws because the white man has stolen everything from Africa and they even took all the straws when they left. It's the Chinese people. They are as responsible as the white man for everything bad.

Jah Guide
Trevor

Dennis Lukes 09-23-2019 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Man Rastafari (Post 1257767)
It's the Chinese people. They are as responsible as the white man for everything bad.

Racist. What have the chinks ever done to you?

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 10-23-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1242964)
non-whites have a disparate impact on the environment

I didn't even mention air pollution. Because while whites are doing this:
Quote:

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2...unds&auto=webp

"It would be unhealthy if my dog inhaled a stray molecule of nicotine while snorting feces and rolling in rotting squirrel carcasses."
Non-whites are doing this:

Quote:

https://eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/image...il_2015267.jpg

I don't drink Java, but it turns out I inhale it.
Quote:

http://media.indiatimes.in/media/fac...18_800x420.jpg
India: no cows were harmed during the production of this apocalypse
Fun geography tip: if you can't find America on a map, just look for the place that isn't covered in smoke.

MitzaLizalor 10-24-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Man Rastafari (Post 1257767)
It's the Chinese people. They are as responsible as the white man for everything bad.

I can't quite follow you here, having visited several parts of Africa and enjoyed the rail travel (better by helicopter these days to Kruger park and probably avoid Entebbe FTTB rail-wise) but anyway I was wondering who built those railways? Of course it's the Chinese who'll be doing the upgrade—they say—with some high speed stuff well on the way and deranged lunatics not presenting much of a challenge so far. The real problem area has already been deforested so at 500km/h with their latest laser devices on high power I can't see any real obstacles. Africa could even prosper one day.

Meanwhile, regarding smoke, cowdung:

Quote:

The "Asian Brown Cloud," a 2-mile-thick blanket of pollution over South Asia, may be causing the premature deaths of a half-million people in India each year, deadly flooding in some areas and drought in others, according to the biggest-ever scientific study of the phenomenon. The grimy cocktail of ash, soot, acids and other damaging airborne particles is as much the result of low-tech polluters like wood- and dung-burning stoves

How often have we heard that South Asia is the cradle of enlightenment? No doubt its morbidly obese sex gurus perched on silk cushions deliver something mistaken for enlightenment to hallucinating Westerners but their controlled emotional output gives the game away immediately. They know that I know that and that there'll never be intercourse between us despite the dung fumes. We're talking VISIBLE DUNG FUMES, I'll repeat that:

VISIBLE DUNG FUMES

:jesus-stoning:

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-10-2020 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1257625)
So it turns out after western geniuses spent an absurd amount of time and money coming up high-tech pipe-dream solutions, and spent an absurd amount of political capital on annoying bans and pressure campaigns, someone came up with a solution...it doesn't employ academics, big tech, activists, or lawyers/politicians, so don't expect it to ever go into use.

Someone has found this profitable, only in a far less efficient way, using a small boat to fish for metal. Metal! It doesn't even float! Still smarter than all our western activists put together!

MitzaLizalor 03-10-2020 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1265385)
…smarter than all our western activists put together!

10 second clip

Quote:

“We do it early in the morning, at lunchtime and late at night. Whenever the police is not working. When they work we stop – because, it is not really allowed.”
What sort of person kills off everyone in disagreement with their insane ideology then sets up an autocracy where the survivors are expected to fawn over their splendiferous administration? Yet there are still people who think infantile models of society can deliver the goods. This pair have run out of eels so switched to hoisting up metal detritus to sell as scrap, thereby not starving to death (which in my ignorance I'd thought would be a public service) so they've made a law against it?

How often do we hear about flotsam & jetsam clogging up the Sargasso Sea? Very frequently, when talking to activists: it took me 0.52 seconds to find this specimen. Poisoned fish? Metal pollution? Cyanide? Bismuth? Don't they go on about it! Whipped up by commie nihilists attempting to ruin Jesus but when they've got the reins themselves, what do they do? Ban a for profit (or starve) clean-up operation. Satan must love this stuff.

How ironic that by selling plastic junk to the commies who then sell it on to third parties who dump in random oceans where it agglomerates poisoning eels, the livelihood of self motivated and independent businessmen is clonked on the head by those very communists. Can any horror be averted where "the party" is supreme? Where ideologues have the final say? Who, being career politicians, will be supremely ignorant of critical information in every arena? Too easy! Pass laws to enforce your dogma and watch form your citadel the starvation and plague visited upon dissenters.

Fortunately we have someone in charge Who understands reality. Prayer is the fulcrum of any response to any emergency. Jesus knows all about magnets, knows where the eels have gone and knows how He is going to respond. It's happening now.