The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=61869)

Mrs. Mary Whitford 03-23-2011 12:08 AM

Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Friends, the Bible is a perfect book. Anything not specifically mentioned in it can be worked out using simple common sense and logic.

For example, masturbation. God was displeased enough with Onan for spilling his seed that He slaughtered him (Genesis 38:9-10), but otherwise there are no explicit instructions for what to do with a masturbator, but there are implicit instructions.

It's simplest and most straightforward fact is that touching oneself for pleasure is a homosexual act, so it would seem that Leviticus 20:13 would cover that, but what does the scripture say?

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

It's clear here that the Lord is talking about an act of sodomy with another man, not an act of self-sodomy.

But when someone is defiling himself through a lonely act of self-pleasure, he isn't thinking of baseball or cars. He is thinking of someone who is getting him aroused! JESUS HIMSELF said "Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (Matthew 5:28)
The LORD knows that such looks lead to sick pleasures, because immediately after he said, "And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." (Matthew 5:29-30)

Cast into HELL! And He would have the courts of the land send you there quickly...

Leviticus 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Both the man and the woman he has adulterous thoughts about shall surely be put to death (legally through a court of law)!

The facts couldn't be any more clear. We all know that masturbation, in addition to being a homosexual act, is an act of adultery and the Bible is clear on what the punishment for adultery should be. The punishment for masturbation should be death.

Case closed.

Friends, join with me in writing to your government representatives both state and federal and DEMAND that they FIX THE LAW so that masturbators are put on death row beside the murderers they are so clearly equal to!

Thank you and God bless.

Lycia The Repentant 03-23-2011 03:01 AM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Amen Sister! I can just envision it now; a future where having the death penalty in place completely dissuades sinners (as it does now for other crimes) and masturbation becomes a thing of the past! :thumbsup:

However, I do have to comment about this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mary Whitford (Post 716531)
Both the man and the woman he has adulterous thoughts about shall surely be put to death (legally through a court of law)!

Now, maybe I'm being a tad liberal about this, but I just can't help but feel a little sorry for those poor boys led into committing crimes worthy of death by degenerate harlots.

Perhaps a sensible solution would be to just cut off the right hand of first-offender boys, while still putting the sluts to death for leading them into sin? We Christians should be a forgiving bunch, after all.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 03-23-2011 03:08 AM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 716609)
Now, maybe I'm being a tad liberal about this...

Yes you are. <_< Jesus only gives second chances when those carrying out the executions are themselves sinners. :thumbsup:

Pastor Ezekiel 03-23-2011 03:21 AM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Sinners who masturbate enrage Jesus. Those who enjoy it cause Him to vomit with rage. :bad:

Cranky Old Man 03-23-2011 07:05 AM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Sister, if the Bible says so, it must be true.

I am certain once our youth realizes that masturbation leads to certain death, they will all stop doing these nasty things. I don't understand why they do it anyway. Sex is a horrible experience that we only have to endure to please Jesus.

Cursed 03-23-2011 07:34 AM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Reading this thread makes me feel guilty and dirty.

Is that good or bad? Have I done a good or bad thing?

Please, what should I do?

I submit to your superior judgment.

Shimei 03-23-2011 09:53 AM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mary Whitford (Post 716531)
Friends, the Bible is a perfect book. Anything not specifically mentioned in it can be worked out using simple common sense and logic.

For example, masturbation. God was displeased enough with Onan for spilling his seed that He slaughtered him (Genesis 38:9-10), but otherwise there are no explicit instructions for what to do with a masturbator, but there are implicit instructions.

It's simplest and most straightforward fact is that touching oneself for pleasure is a homosexual act, so it would seem that Leviticus 20:13 would cover that, but what does the scripture say?

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

It's clear here that the Lord is talking about an act of sodomy with another man, not an act of self-sodomy.

But when someone is defiling himself through a lonely act of self-pleasure, he isn't thinking of baseball or cars. He is thinking of someone who is getting him aroused! JESUS HIMSELF said "Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (Matthew 5:28)
The LORD knows that such looks lead to sick pleasures, because immediately after he said, "And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." (Matthew 5:29-30)

Cast into HELL! And He would have the courts of the land send you there quickly...

Leviticus 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Both the man and the woman he has adulterous thoughts about shall surely be put to death (legally through a court of law)!

The facts couldn't be any more clear. We all know that masturbation, in addition to being a homosexual act, is an act of adultery and the Bible is clear on what the punishment for adultery should be. The punishment for masturbation should be death.

Case closed.

Friends, join with me in writing to your government representatives both state and federal and DEMAND that they FIX THE LAW so that masturbators are put on death row beside the murderers they are so clearly equal to!

Thank you and God bless.

Matthew 5:28 The thought is as bad as the deed. And people think that Jesus made it easier.

MitzaLizalor 03-23-2011 12:27 PM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 716609)
……while still putting the sluts to death for leading them into sin?

Perhaps it would be possible to find out which strumpet had insinuated her image into he boy's (or man's or woman's) mind, precipitating the masturbation activity? She could be sought out and executed. I think The Bible seems to say teaches that the masturbator (or masturbatrix) should be stoned.

In any event, self pollution leads to insanity, which is demon possession. That is common knowledge. Jesus is able to get that demon out, and by focusing our thoughts on Him we find true fulfillment, dying to self - a sort of little death - leading to release from "the real thing" and the assurance of eternal life.

LUKE 9
23
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him denie himselfe, and take vp his crosse daily, and follow me.
24 For whosoeuer will saue his life, shall lose it: but whosoeuer will lose his life for my sake, the same shall saue it.

©1611

incapableofthought 03-23-2011 02:21 PM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
I had a long chat with Jesus the other day as he was hanging outside the Home Depot waiting for some labor opportunities to pass him by. He informed me that is was to think of God as so cynical and cruel to his own creation as to give them the ability to experience pure love and ecstasy through masturbation and consensual sex and then tell them that such an act was to be punishable by the ending of such an amazing life.

I am trying to bring out the ludicrous nature of such an argument through harmless mockery.

God bless you guys for your dedication to your religion but you must realize that God is love and that nitpicking certain passages and taking them as literal text is dangerous, hateful, self-righteous, and off-putting.
I am simply raising the point that you are not bringing people to the word of God that you so adore but rather putting them off. Please, have a conversation with me, don't bash my 'sinfulness' as I know only God can judge me, but rather speak with me, as one of Gods creations can speak to another. This means no quoting passages, nor banishing me to a pit of fire and brimstone but rather comparing theologies.

One love,
Dave

Mrs. Mary Whitford 03-23-2011 02:38 PM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by incapableofthought (Post 716777)
I am trying to bring out the ludicrous nature of such an argument through harmless mockery.

"Harmless" mockery?

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Quote:

God bless you guys for your dedication to your religion but you must realize that God is love and that nitpicking certain passages and taking them as literal text is dangerous, hateful, self-righteous, and off-putting.
Please tell us where in scripture it tells us not to take the Bible literally. :huh: Tell us where God commands us to ignore His Word.

Quote:

Please, have a conversation with me, don't bash my 'sinfulness' as I know only God can judge me
Please do a little research before posting. If you think only God can judge you, you obviously haven't read the thread that asks for "noobs" to read before posting. :angry: (I don't even have to link to it, just go to the main forum menu!)

Quote:

This means no quoting passages, nor banishing me to a pit of fire and brimstone but rather comparing theologies.
Friend, you have no right to come to our forum and make demands or give orders on how we have conversations! :furious:

Job 12:4 I am as one mocked of his neighbour, who calleth upon God, and he answereth him: the just upright man is laughed to scorn.

Bobby-Joe 03-23-2011 04:24 PM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by incapableofthought (Post 716777)
God bless you guys for your dedication to your religion but you must realize that God is love and that nitpicking certain passages and taking them as literal text is dangerous, hateful, self-righteous, and off-putting.
I am simply raising the point that you are not bringing people to the word of God that you so adore but rather putting them off. Please, have a conversation with me, don't bash my 'sinfulness' as I know only God can judge me, but rather speak with me, as one of Gods creations can speak to another. This means no quoting passages, nor banishing me to a pit of fire and brimstone but rather comparing theologies.

One love,
Dave

Friend,

Yes, finally judgment is The Lord's. However judgment of forum postings are the judgment of us moderators.

Now what does you post have to do with masturbation? Right now you are off topic. :offtopic:

incapableofthought 03-23-2011 06:15 PM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by incapableofthought (Post 716777)
I had a long chat with Jesus the other day as he was hanging outside the Home Depot waiting for some labor opportunities to pass him by. He informed me that is was to think of God as so cynical and cruel to his own creation as to give them the ability to experience pure love and ecstasy through masturbation and consensual sex and then tell them that such an act was to be punishable by the ending of such an amazing life.

I am trying to bring out the ludicrous nature of such an argument through harmless mockery.

God bless you guys for your dedication to your religion but you must realize that God is love and that nitpicking certain passages and taking them as literal text is dangerous, hateful, self-righteous, and off-putting.
I am simply raising the point that you are not bringing people to the word of God that you so adore but rather putting them off. Please, have a conversation with me, don't bash my 'sinfulness' as I know only God can judge me, but rather speak with me, as one of Gods creations can speak to another. This means no quoting passages, nor banishing me to a pit of fire and brimstone but rather comparing theologies.

One love,
Dave


I received an infraction from Mrs. Mary Whitford for this comment. All I am trying to do is understand your point of view. If someone would be so kind as to explain to me this view on masturbation or any other perception of your choosing I would gladly reply in a civilized, respectful manner. If not, it seems as though such a perspective is not worth holding.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 03-23-2011 06:37 PM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by incapableofthought (Post 716848)
I received an infraction from Mrs. Mary Whitford for this comment. All I am trying to do is understand your point of view. If someone would be so kind as to explain to me this view on masturbation or any other perception of your choosing I would gladly reply in a civilized, respectful manner. If not, it seems as though such a perspective is not worth holding.

You received an infraction for trying to dictate to us how we converse on our forum. If you wish to dictate what is or isn't allowed in a discussion you are free to start your own forum. This is a Christian board, so to come here and demand that we not quote scripture is ridiculous!
We follow the Word of God, the Holy Bible (King James 1611), literally and passionately. Asking us to explain how we feel about something without expecting us to include how God wants us to feel about it is ludicrous and insulting.
Quote:

If someone would be so kind as to explain to me this view on masturbation or any other perception of your choosing I would gladly reply in a civilized, respectful manner.
It's in the Bible and we want to go to Heaven. I really don't know what more you could possibly be looking for.

incapableofthought 03-23-2011 06:55 PM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
What I am looking for is an explanation to your beliefs that extends beyond "what god wants from you".

The bible, as well as what we consider reality, are all subject to interpretation and perception. That is, as you read the bible you may interpret certain passages/ texts/ sections as leading to one specific and unwavering conclusion. The alternative I am offering up as a forum member is that perhaps this interpretation that leads to the persecution and hate of everyone who does not share the same exact interpretation as your church is a bit close minded. Now I do not say close minded in an insulting way at all, I am merely referring to the defintion of the word which reads "Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas." I am by no means judging you, because as a religious person myself, I understand that we are all sinners, all equal in the eyes of God.

I am here as an amiable, respectful American who is purely presenting the idea that perhaps the words of other prophets/ disciples that are so readily quoted are not as strong as the actions of your savior Jesus Christ (i.e. dining with sinners/ forgiving the wicked/ leading a life of divine love and forgiveness).

I am also curious as to how you were granted your immense power. Was it through divine inspiration, a gift from God himself, or rather a personal path to salvation as you see it?

Bobby-Joe 03-23-2011 07:30 PM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by incapableofthought (Post 716872)
blah, blah more off topic, blah

Friend,

Do we have to put you on moderation because of your compulsive off-topic posting?

We do have threads and stickies that explain our (as in what Jesus tells us) beliefs. It is YOUR responsibility to go read them.

Now quit beating around the bush like some intellectual voluptuary and post something about masturbation.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 03-23-2011 09:10 PM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by incapableofthought (Post 716872)
I am here as an amiable, respectful American who is purely presenting the idea that perhaps the words of other prophets/ disciples that are so readily quoted are not as strong as the actions of your savior Jesus Christ (i.e. dining with sinners/ forgiving the wicked/ leading a life of divine love and forgiveness).

All the important words and actions of Jesus are in the Bible. So please tell us where He said, "Hey, it's okay to sin!" He forgives the REPENTANT, He dines with sinners so that they STOP SINNING. He's no wishy-washy "live and let live" liberal hippy!

As for the rest of your ranting, we don't "interpret" the Bible! If I say "the sky is blue" do you interpret that to mean anything other than the sky is blue? NO! The only reason people "interpret" the Bible is because they don't like what it says, so they try to "interpret" God's Word as meaning something they are happy with!

Sidehugger 03-24-2011 01:37 AM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
The death penalty is more than those sinners deserve.

They may claim to enjoy this heinous act,but deep down they know it is wrong,and that it will lead them into the deepest pits of hell.

incapableofthought 03-24-2011 02:42 PM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
What if I were to tell you I masturbated twice today? What if i were to say that not only am I happy, healthy, and horny but that somehow I am still breathing. According to your scripture texts God should have struck me down already am I correct?

Perhaps your interpretation of such text is misguided... just a thought.. but what do i know, I am just a lowly old sinner. You claim a belief in god, but all the while believe you are god (divine knowledge, ability to judge others for sins, claiming a direct knowledge of gods will, and the list goes on)

Your point that the "sky is blue" is not up for interpretation is terribly ignorant. In fact, the word "blue" refers to the characteristics of energy in the form of light. "Color" as we see it is in fact our brains interpretation of this energy, that is, people who are deemed color-blind simply see this energy in a different way. Not wrong or right, just different. So yes, the words within the bible are up for interpretation. Checkmate.

Bobby-Joe 03-24-2011 03:08 PM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by incapableofthought (Post 717398)
What if I were to tell you I masturbated twice today? What if i were to say that not only am I happy, healthy, and horny but that somehow I am still breathing. According to your scripture texts God should have struck me down already am I correct?

No.

God doesn't strike sinners down instantly. That would remove free will. I would think that point would be as obvious as the nose on your face.

MitzaLizalor 03-25-2011 10:00 AM

Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by incapableofthought (Post 717398)
In fact, the word "blue" refers to the characteristics of energy in the form of light. "Color" as we see it is in fact our brains interpretation of this energy, that is, people who are deemed color-blind simply see this energy in a different way. Not wrong or right, just different. So yes, the words within the bible are up for interpretation. Checkmate.:haha:

Apart from the cognitive disorder evident from the "Orange" highlighted sentence, your obsession with visual defects suggests that you may not be as healthy as you seem to think.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved