The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   # share your unpopular opinion (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117354)

Social Construct 02-25-2020 05:58 PM

# share your unpopular opinion

Just what the hashtag says.

...You guys go first.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-25-2020 06:27 PM

Re: # share your unpopular opinion

Nothing racist, sexist, genocidal, genocide-curious, genocide-lite etc. Right?

Oh wait, those wouldn't be unpopular opinions anyway.

upchucker67 02-25-2020 06:36 PM

Shaven legs look better. I know other men here may feel hair is manly, and I know the Bible has some pointed details about hair removal, however as a bald guy I like a shiny bod with a bit of talcum powder.

See for your self, it's like night and day.

(yet another unpleasant photo removed by a friendly moderator who now needs to purge that hideous image from her delicate female brain)

Basilissa 02-25-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Social Construct (Post 1264825)
Just what the hashtag says.

...You guys go first.

You need to clarify what do you mean by "unpopular," dear. I, for one, do not have a single thought that would be unpopular with Jesus, Pastor Zeke, and President Trump - that's the only crowd that matters! :heart:

upchucker67 02-26-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1264851)
You need to clarify what do you mean by "unpopular," dear.

Like pineapple pizza and Canada, I think.

James Hutchins 02-26-2020 06:09 PM

I do not have a singular unpopular opinion. I have no opinions. I have the inerrant Word of God ™. If anyone wants to know what or how I think, they simply have to read the KJV Holy Bible.
:kjv1611-read:

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 02-26-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1264896)
I do not have a singular unpopular opinion. I have no opinions. I have the inerrant Word of God ™. If anyone wants to know what or how I think, they simply have to read the KJV Holy Bible.

Brother Hutchins, I think everyone here (except for Pastor Zeke) could learn from your wisdom - especially some of us Ladies. It is so very difficult not to form "opinions" about, for example, the perfectly ghastly UnSaved who plague these forums. Or, say, Jehovah's Witlesses. But are these really our own opinions? Probably not. It would be reassuring to know for sure that they are simply God's Holy Truth™ made manifest in our small, ill-formed brains.

Sally Paulson 02-28-2020 05:00 AM

Is it an unpopular opinion to like popular music?

I don't, I just hate unpopular music more. You kids think you're so cool, with your "underground". Like you're the French Resistance and people with functioning eardrums are the Gestapo.

So take your "grunge" and your "sludge" and your "santorum" and your fartstep and your retro-new-wave-remix-crapcore and....Turn down the volume. At least.

upchucker67 02-28-2020 08:56 PM

When I go cruising, I like bibby cabins with oblong portholes, vs. perfectly round.

MitzaLizalor 02-29-2020 12:12 PM

The Koran. Have you read Marcuse?

BrotherLarry 02-29-2020 05:00 PM

I care little about the opinions of man. Let me rather care about the truths of my Jesus, Whose teachings lead and guide me closer to Him each day. Glory!

Alvin Moss 03-03-2020 03:52 AM

I believe that mayonnaise is better suited to the hamburger than mustard. I am often ridiculed for this preference. Now, everyone knows my secret.

upchucker67 03-03-2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin Moss (Post 1265154)
I believe that mayonnaise is better suited to the hamburger than mustard. I am often ridiculed for this preference. Now, everyone knows my secret.

As a mustard buff, I resent this! Things are about to get spicy...

Didymus Much 03-04-2020 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upchucker67 (Post 1265177)
As a mustard buff, I resent this! Things are about to get spicy...

Don't have time to get involved in that battle right now, so I'll ketchup later.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-04-2020 02:57 AM

You two, get a room. Don't forget to wear a condiment.

Didymus Much 03-04-2020 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1265186)
You two, get a room. Don't forget to wear a condiment.

Not relishing the prospect, nuh uh.

upchucker67 03-04-2020 03:34 AM

Anyone care for raspberry vingette?

handmaiden 03-04-2020 05:02 PM

I have an opinion that is unpopular with my neighbors. One of my neighbors down the street has a Trump flag flying with no American flag to be found.

A house around the corner has a Trump flag, then an American flag hoisted just below it.

I think that it is a little iffy to fly a Trump flag without an accompanying American flag because some people might get the idea that Trump is for everybody. He is not.

God gave Trump to America and as Trump himself says, "America First!"

I adore Trump as we all do. But you know how some people are. It's always important to picture Trump's name or image with an American flag.

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/0m...ws&w=700&h=466

This way, NO ONE can dare say that he doesn't LOVE America. . . even though it does look as though he is on the verge of offering the flag a french kiss.

Oh, and by the way, my neighbor two doors down has an American flag flying but no Trump flag anywhere to be seen. What is with that?!

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 03-04-2020 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1265200)
Oh, and by the way, my neighbor two doors down has an American flag flying but no Trump flag anywhere to be seen. What is with that?!

Could you go out after dark and hoist a Trump flag?

People can be strange about flags. In Godless and Trumpless Britain, it is generally considered naff to fly flags, but of course most of the population is utterly and most frightfully naff. We noted some curious behavior on Brexit Day. Most of the Great Unwashed flew either the Union Jack or the more racist England flag, but one house in the village sported a Welsh flag plus two others which were unfamiliar. They turned out to be the Quebec flag and the Catalan separatist flag. We have absolutely no idea why anyone should do such a thing, so a couple of my boys hopped over their wall and set them alight. :thumbsup: The flags, that is, not the neighbors.