The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Welcome to Focus on Family! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=1811)

angels 08-01-2009 07:04 PM

Re: Welcome to Focus on Family!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saved by Agape love (Post 373266)
Well as i've said, I've only been browsing for a few minutes but the most infuriating are the prejudice statements against blacks, catholics, anyone different from you. As far as Catholics go, I wont deny that there are several child abuse incidents with priests, but there are indeed several decent catholic ministers. Sometimes I confess I find the Catholic religion too obessessed with routine and ritual to be sincere followers of Christ, but I also find many God-loving Catholics who only seek to please Jesus and grow closer to him. I didn't like the way Dr. Dobson was attacked for no reason and without proof and I just saw a glimpse of a forum calling soccer gay. I mean what the heck??? where is the Biblical justifcation for that? (i don't really want to get into the soccer discussion though). I'm sure with more time I can find many more examples.

Soccer discussion?. Oh I've already had that chat here.:).

Jake Ruby 08-01-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angels (Post 373258)
Such as?.:)

There is also the whole "unsaved trash" label ordeal that will stick with me until some mortal man and not God decides that I am worthy to be called a Christian. Imagine a nonbeliever seeking to know God that comes here and is called trash. A big turn off if you ask me and conflicts with God's message of unconditional love. God values all of his children and his son died for them. Do you really think Jesus gave up his life for "trash"????

Nobar King 08-01-2009 07:10 PM

It's just a formality. I'm sure you've endured worse on your journeys.

James Hutchins 08-01-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saved by Agape love (Post 373276)
There is also the whole "unsaved trash" label ordeal that will stick with me until some mortal man and not God decides that I am worthy to be called a Christian. Imagine a nonbeliever seeking to know God that comes here and is called trash. A big turn off if you ask me and conflicts with God's message of unconditional love. God values all of his children and his son died for them. Do you really think Jesus gave up his life for "trash"????

But you are a Protestant, that is not a True Baptist Christian™. Until you repent and a Church Pastor hears you, you got a problem.
I am a bit taken aback by your attitude too. You come on OUR forum, read a couple of threads and make a heap of broad stroked generalizations. That is far from fair. You refuse to read our forum rules and FAQs. If I came to your home after a big party and saw a mess, should I assume you live like a pagan? Should I assume from your few posts, that you are a hateful cruel person?:hmmm:

James Hutchins 08-01-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saved by Agape love (Post 373276)

But he did. The human race is trash, by and by. Look at it honestly. A very small percentage are True Christians™.:innocent:

Jake Ruby 08-01-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 373281)
It's just a formality. I'm sure you've endured worse on your journeys.

I understand that, but that doesn't make it right. Why not just put something like "status pending" while you determine if someone just here to spam or insult? And I have browsed the intro forum after you mentioned it and that seems pretty reasonable from what I can make of it, but I am still lokking through it.

Jake Ruby 08-01-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 373286)
But you are a Protestant, that is not a True Baptist Christian™. Until you repent and a Church Pastor hears you, you got a problem.
I am a bit taken aback by your attitude too. You come on OUR forum, read a couple of threads and make a heap of broad stroked generalizations. That is far from fair. You refuse to read our forum rules and FAQs. If I cam to your home after a big party and saw a mess, should I assume you live like a pagan? Should I assume from your few posts, that you are a hateful cruel person?:hmmm:

Did you read my second post? I tried to explain that I wasn't trying to make generalizations about people but rather point out a few things that bother me. I really don't mean to generalize, but when I saw somenone say that the only true christian thing that dr. Dobson portrays is a picture of a black lady stealing on his website I was angered. I was also angered when I saw a post of a black person saying that they were trying to change they skin white so they could be a true christian and others crongratulated the person hoping it wasn't a joke. I am reading that intro post currently, I posted here first because I followed a link to this spot on the site.

Brother Lazarus 08-01-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saved by Agape love (Post 373266)
Well as i've said, I've only been browsing for a few minutes but the most infuriating are the prejudice statements against blacks, catholics, anyone different from you. As far as Catholics go, I wont deny that there are several child abuse incidents with priests, but there are indeed several decent catholic ministers. Sometimes I confess I find the Catholic religion too obessessed with routine and ritual to be sincere followers of Christ, but I also find many God-loving Catholics who only seek to please Jesus and grow closer to him. I didn't like the way Dr. Dobson was attacked for no reason and without proof and I just saw a glimpse of a forum calling soccer gay. I mean what the heck??? where is the Biblical justifcation for that? (i don't really want to get into the soccer discussion though). I'm sure with more time I can find many more examples.

Well you sure made your mind up in a hurry. If you had read the Pastors Rules and Announcements you would have a clear understanding of our Church.

I would suggest you go read it now. Pay close attention to the "noobs" thread.

Please post your introduction in the appropriate forum.

Yours in Christ:jesus:
Brother Lazarus

Jake Ruby 08-01-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 373286)
I am a bit taken aback by your attitude too. You come on OUR forum, read a couple of threads and make a heap of broad stroked generalizations. That is far from fair. You refuse to read our forum rules and FAQs. If I came to your home after a big party and saw a mess, should I assume you live like a pagan? Should I assume from your few posts, that you are a hateful cruel person?:hmmm:

And how do you know that I have never repented? I believe that no one goes to the father except throught Jesus and that all have sinned and are doomed to hell without salvation. The only way to get into heaven is through asking forgiveness and repenting of your sins and truly believing that jesus died on the cross and rose three days later. I have also been baptized (which whether it is necessary for salvation is a discussion for another day, because i have been so there is no use in arguing about it currently). Now who just made a generalization about protestants? and guess what?... baptists are a demonitation of protestantism

James Hutchins 08-01-2009 07:38 PM

I'll repeat for those that are not so quick

But you are a Protestant, that is not a True Baptist Christian™.

More later after this tid bit is digested.

Jake Ruby 08-01-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Lazarus (Post 373314)
Well you sure made your mind up in a hurry. If you had read the Pastors Rules and Announcements you would have a clear understanding of our Church.

I would suggest you go read it now. Pay close attention to the "noobs" thread.

Please post your introduction in the appropriate forum.

Brother Lazarus

that's what I am reading right now, and I many aren't following it truly.
I found this in the noob section "The Bible forbids superficial judgment based on appearances and it forbids hypocrisy, but it does not forbid judgment." backed up by this scripture verse "Jn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."
I am just saying that I have witnessed judging based on appearences. And according to the forum's official stance on judgement (and the Bible's) this is wrong but righteous judgement is acceptable. That is all I am doing...righteously judging the statements of some.

Brother Lazarus 08-01-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saved by Agape love (Post 373340)
that's what I am reading right now, and I many aren't following it truly.
I found this in the noob section "The Bible forbids superficial judgment based on appearances and it forbids hypocrisy, but it does not forbid judgment." backed up by this scripture verse "Jn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."
I am just saying that I have witnessed judging based on appearences. And according to the forum's official stance on judgement (and the Bible's) this is wrong but righteous judgement is acceptable. That is all I am doing...righteously judging the statements of some.

Actually your first post was a judgment of US. Now go back to your reading. I highly suggest that your next post appear in the introduction forum.

Brother Lazarus

Jake Ruby 08-01-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 373337)
I'll repeat for those that are not so quick

But you are a Protestant, that is not a True Baptist Christian™.

More later after this tid bit is digested.

truly you are the wisest of all Chrisitians...please enlighten this ignoramus why the title True Baptist Christian™ is more important than following scritpture accurately. Was something I stated scriptureally unsound? Please tell me what makes salvation different for a True Baptist Christian™...for you are right. I do not know. I thought there was only one way to heaven. Obviously you agree with this, but think I am not aware of it. please enlighten me on the methods of salvation.

Rev. Jim Osborne 08-01-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saved by Agape love (Post 373350)
truly you are the wisest of all Chrisitians...please enlighten this ignoramus why the title True Baptist Christian™ is more important than following scritpture accurately. Was something I stated scriptureally unsound? Please tell me what makes salvation different for a True Baptist Christian™...for you are right. I do not know. I thought there was only one way to heaven. Obviously you agree with this, but think I am not aware of it. please enlighten me on the methods of salvation.

A True Christian™ by definition follows Scripture accurately. We believe in the Bible 100%, word-for-word. This sets us apart from the vast majority of self-proclaimed Christians who pick and choose what they want from the Holy Bible.

Can you show us any incidents where we contradict The Word of God©?

Jake Ruby 08-01-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Lazarus (Post 373344)
Actually your first post was a judgment of US. Now go back to your reading. I highly suggest that your next post appear in the introduction forum.

Brother Lazarus

I know I WAS judging some of you. The intro forum doesn't address racism. Do you think you are automatically excluded from judgement just because you are Christian? I agree tolerance, I just don't see what things like race have to do with it being intolerant, and sense I didn;t see racist statements on the intro forum, why should I post about them there?

Jake Ruby 08-01-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 373355)
A True Christian™ by definition follows Scripture accurately. We believe in the Bible 100%, word-for-word. This sets us apart from the vast majority of self-proclaimed Christians who pick and choose what they want from the Holy Bible.

Can you show us any incidents where we contradict The Word of God©?

That's my definition of a Christian too. I was just asking where you and I differed because I stated this "I believe that no one goes to the father except throught Jesus and that all have sinned and are doomed to hell without salvation. The only way to get into heaven is through asking forgiveness and repenting of your sins and truly believing that jesus died on the cross and rose three days later. I have also been baptized" and was told that I wasn't a true christian but rather a prtotestant. I don;t know if you contradict the word of God in terms of salvation, I was asking because I was told that I did and wanted to know where MY contradiction with God's word was and where my the above statements differed with your own beliefs.

Ezekiel Bathfire 08-01-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saved by Agape love (Post 373356)
I know I WAS judging some of you.

Then cease and desist.
Quote:

The intro forum doesn't address racism.
On the contrary, in the introduction forum we would have pointed you to our most vigorous and excellent anti-racial policy
Quote:

Do you think you are automatically excluded from judgement just because you are Christian?
According to the Word of God, we may judge others but none may judge us.
Quote:

I agree tolerance,
You need the word "with" in there boy. Once you have put it in, tell me, where in the Bible is "tolerance" mentioned?

Jake Ruby 08-01-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 373368)
Then cease and desist. On the contrary, in the introduction forum we would have pointed you to our most vigorous and excellent anti-racial policy According to the Word of God, we may judge others but none may judge us.

is there no use for Christian accountability then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 373368)
You need the word "with" in there boy. Once you have put it in, tell me, where in the Bible is "tolerance" mentioned?

I was talking about the forum's tolerance policy.

Rev. Jim Osborne 08-01-2009 08:07 PM

You really should read this: Racism is not allowed on here.

Why should we be "tolerant" if the Bible makes no mention of it? Are you saying we should disobey the Bible?

Ezekiel Bathfire 08-01-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saved by Agape love (Post 373371)
is there no use for Christian accountability then?

Everything here at Landover is Christian - everything. We are all accountable to God alone. God's anti-racism is our anti-racism.

Quote:

I was talking about the forum's tolerance policy.
I urge you to point out any ungodly instances of racism; they will be pursued vigorously. :thumbsup:

I want you to know that nigras, slants, wops, beaners, dot-heads, injuns and all other ethnic minorities will have a fair hearing at Landover and, where the case is found for them, they will usually be able to keep their jobs. :thumbsup: