The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52601)

showmetheway 10-31-2010 11:06 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?

Ok then :)

Anyway, why were you not sold? Were you not good enough to be sold?

Lisa H 10-31-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showmetheway (Post 627740)

Why are you arguing with Lycia. What is it to you if she has been sold or not.

MitzaLizalor 10-31-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showmetheway
Did Jesus go around making money ?

Jesus was a self-employed carpenter:

MARK 6 ©1611
2 And when the Sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the Synagogue: and many hearing him, were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? And what wisedome is this which is giuen vnto him, that euen such mightie workes are wrought by his hands?
3 Is not this the carpenter, the sonne of Mary, the brother of Iames and Ioses, and of Iuda, and Simon? And are not his sisters heere with vs? And they were offended at him.

Lycia The Repentant 10-31-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showmetheway (Post 627740)

Because I had liebral parents who hated God and the Bible and attempted to raise me to believe women are better than men.

Anyways this thread isn't about why I wasn't sold as a child. It's for True Christians™ to make offers to buy Pastor Levi's daughter. Since you are not a True Christian™ I don't think you really have anything to add to this conversation.

showmetheway 10-31-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 627743)
Jesus was a self-employed carpenter:

MARK 6 ©1611
2 And when the Sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the Synagogue: and many hearing him, were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? And what wisedome is this which is giuen vnto him, that euen such mightie workes are wrought by his hands?
3 Is not this the carpenter, the sonne of Mary, the brother of Iames and Ioses, and of Iuda, and Simon? And are not his sisters heere with vs? And they were offended at him.

when did i write did jesus go around making money ?

Lisa H 10-31-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showmetheway (Post 627745)

Why is it so hard for you to stay on topic. Are you upset you cannot buy the girl because she is only available to True Christians.

Lycia The Repentant 10-31-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by showmetheway (Post 627708)

No he didnt.

Now I know you were probably educated in a secular public school, but this is just crazy! <_<

showmetheway 10-31-2010 11:17 AM

I like them black girls

*** racism removed ***

Lisa H 10-31-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showmetheway (Post 627748)
Plagiarized lyrics removed

Stay on topic of this thread.

MitzaLizalor 10-31-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

HERE

Quote:

Quote:

You can't sell things that aren't your PROPERTY.
No you cant but why would god give you a gift of life then to make money from it ?

No he didnt.

handmaiden 10-31-2010 01:23 PM

Listen, one of the points that we are trying to drive home here-- to a very deluded and ignorant world-- is that most people who call themselves believers are just a bunch of moral relavists.

They go all dewy-eyed over the Bible verses that mention Jesus in the manger and that talk about little lambs and sparrows falling from the nest, but they live their lives in blind ignorance -- or selected blindness-- about the details of the moral underpinning of Judeo-Christian culture.

God doesn't tell His followers to live in peace with everyone. He doesn't tell us to treat everyone equally. He tells us how to live, devoutly and uncompromisingly according to His Word so that we may please Him with our obedience and show ourselves as an example of His existence as the One True God.

He tells us how to treat our property, be it, land, animals, wives, slaves and children. He doesn't give us carte blanche to be unthinkingly cruel to them, but He doesn't insist, or even recommend, that we wax sentimental over any one of these things.

A hardworking field animal is allowed to nosh on the crops. A neighbor's ox or wife are not to be coveted. A daughter's virginity cannot be thrown away willy-nilly. It CAN be sold. Or, if need be, bartered to ensure the safety of her father's guest. Hospitality is a very important theme in the Bible. All of these issues are covered in the Bible.

People today who claim the Bible as the source of their moral compass are usually just going with the contemporary flow of things, but served up with a little Scriptural garnish to justify their self-righteousness. Most folk lack the real moral courage it takes to take God at His Word.

When we quote the Word, we quote it word for word. If it's in there, no matter how unsettling it may be to the modern sensibility, we own up to it.

God existed before time. God created the world, and time, them gave us His Word so that it may be proclaimed for all time. There is no, "updated" 2010 version of God.

Get used to it.

Zealously Yours,

Handmaiden

BlessedB 10-31-2010 08:29 PM

Pastor Levi,
Have you thought about China? There's a lack of girls there, and a blossoming church culture. The red commies are shaking in their boots, I hear.
B

Justin Z 10-31-2010 09:13 PM

No, we want to keep True Christians in God's favorite country, America.
We don't want to sell a perfectly good American Christian to a chink.

handmaiden 11-01-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlessedB (Post 627954)
Pastor Levi,
Have you thought about China? There's a lack of girls there, and a blossoming church culture. The red commies are shaking in their boots, I hear.
B

You clearly are unaware of the realities of commerce. China's largest export is baby girls. They sell them to infertile or gay American couples who are not willing to spring for a white baby.

It is just another example of foreign economies undercutting American business with inferior, cheaper-priced goods!

I, for one, am outraged! The number of Chinese baby girls flooding the market will totally skew statistics in schoolrooms for years to come. People will start to think that is NORMAL to have an Asian girl in every classroom!

Umbragedly Yours,

Handmaiden

landoverlover 11-02-2010 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 628562)
You clearly are unaware of the realities of commerce. China's largest export is baby girls. They sell them to infertile or gay American couples who are not willing to spring for a white baby.

It is just another example of foreign economies undercutting American business with inferior, cheaper-priced goods!

I, for one, am outraged! The number of Chinese baby girls flooding the market will totally skew statistics in schoolrooms for years to come. People will start to think that is NORMAL to have an Asian girl in every classroom!

Umbragedly Yours,

Handmaiden

Well, it certainly would be better if God were to call on the adoptive parents to sacrifice a chink. Remember that God has even required His followers to eat their children. Just one example:

Jeremiah 19:9 And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them.

The problem with eating a Chinese baby is that you're hungry a half-hour later.

Foul Nazi Pig 11-02-2010 08:22 AM

I think she should sell you.
I doubt she would get much though.

Besides, no one is in "the market" for a daughter.

Cindy Lou Jenkins 11-02-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foul Nazi Pig (Post 628963)

True. Why would anyone pay for a woman?

(Billy Bob: I approve this post.)

Imam Rashik 11-02-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foul Nazi Pig (Post 628963)
I think she should sell you.
I doubt she would get much though.

You would be only worth one SAR.

Maynard_James_Keenan 11-02-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 623200)
This darn Obama depression is affecting our family horribly. Since we moved to Freehold, we haven't been able to sell our beautiful six bedroom house on a 1/10th acre plot in Arizona. The bank is about to foreclose on it. I have already asked the church, but they are feeling the pinch too. Pastor Zeke's Christmas gift is only going to be in the 20 thousand dollar range this year.

It's fortunate that my daughter just turned 13. She needs to be betrothed anyway.

How much do you guys think I could get for her?

She, is of course a virgin. The tokens of virginity will be there on your wedding night or you can stone her as per Deuteronomy 22:20.

She is a decent cook, but lazy about cleaning. It's my wife's fault for that. I'm sure if you have a strong steady hand for keeping her in line, she can be encouraged to get better.

Any serious bids from True Christians™ will be considered.

God Bless,
Levi

Do you that what you are doing it´s a crime? FBI will go after you. Or even Elton J:jesus:ohn

Johannes Kirkeholm 11-02-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maynard_James_Keenan (Post 629114)
Do you that what you are doing it´s a crime? FBI will go after you. Or even Elton J:jesus:ohn

Hello, Maynard. Before you start persecuting True Christians™ could you please at least make an introduction thread?

Regarding your concerns about FBI going after Levi Jones, God will protect him:

Psalm 5:12
For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield