The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Greetings from an atheist (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116285)

Ravenmann 05-08-2019 01:05 PM

Greetings from an atheist
 
Greetings, dear Christians, :bye:

First things first, I am Ravenmann and I come from Europe. I am a young man. I'm an atheist.


Before I proceed any further with this introduction, I want to say that I am not here to troll, fight or verbally assault faithful of this forum in any way, shape or form. I am open to getting into civil discussions.


Let's proceed now.


I joined this forum to interact with you guys, share knowledge, facts, info and other stuff.


Now, believe it or not, I most probably agree more with you then any atheist out there. How come? I find it hard to enjoy the company of other atheists because I hold mostly conservative views. For example, I am pro life and anti LGBT.


I admire your Zeal. I have seen many Christian communities water down and start accepting and even proclaiming LGBT as something normal, when it is clear that it's not normal.


I hope we can get along and learn from each other. Thanks for reading.


Ravenmann

Mary Etheldreda 05-08-2019 03:28 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
I find your hubris off putting, dear. If you think we can learn something from you that Jesus Christ thy Lord simply forgot to put in His autobiography, you'll have a very difficult time here. If however, you'd like to learn from us, namely why Salvation is not gained through social stagnation but through Belief in Christ as LORD, then we shall get along smashingly!

BrotherLarry 05-08-2019 03:36 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Hello Raven

Why are you so quick to point out your aversion to lgbt persons who can easily find Jesus if they fall on their face in front of Him? Are you harboring deep secrets in your breast? I am not defending sin but I work tirelessly with homers every day. I recognize homer tendencies a mile away.

By the way, how old are you?

Didymus Much 05-08-2019 03:37 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenmann (Post 1251367)
...Now, believe it or not, I most probably agree more with you then any atheist out there...For example, I am pro life and anti LGBT...

So what? If you think like that because of some severely fvcked-up logic and/or willful ignorance, it's still not any good to them. :thumbdown:


If you believe that because some thousands of years-old book with giants, unicorns, magic and fairies tells you to, then maybe you'd have an "in" here.

Isabella White 05-08-2019 03:49 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenmann (Post 1251367)
Greetings, dear Christians, :bye:
Let's proceed now.

I joined this forum to interact with you guys, share knowledge, facts, info and other stuff.

I hope we can get along and learn from each other.

Good morning, young man. "Let's proceed now". Very good! From this moment onward, you must realize that Landover Baptist Church is God's Favorite Church and that what you learn here is for your benefit. We are a strict, "no nonsense" group of Godly believers and followers of the Lord Jesus Christ. And that means we have no time for the devil and his heretics, including those who open accounts here just to try to push their demonic agendas on our Godly site.


But since you want to learn from us, I suggest that you study this Bible verse (from the King James Bible, 1611) very carefully:


Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."


And, now, this:


John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."


And, this, too:


Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."


"Let's proceed now". Your next step is to apply those verses to your wretched, sinful, God-denying life, and to realize that you will be spending your eternity (all of it!) in HELL for rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ! That can be changed, only, if you call upon the Name of the Lord and admit that you are a disgusting sinner who needs Salvation through the Blood of the Lamb.


I'll leave it with you, my young friend, to figure out. You must connect the dots and apply this to your life. I'm afraid I can't paint a rosy picture for you. Facts are facts, and the Holy Bible is full of them. Turn, or burn!


Sincerely,
Isabella W.

Ravenmann 05-08-2019 04:50 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1251372)
I find your hubris off putting, dear. If you think we can learn something from you that Jesus Christ thy Lord simply forgot to put in His autobiography, you'll have a very difficult time here. If however, you'd like to learn from us, namely why Salvation is not gained through social stagnation but through Belief in Christ as LORD, then we shall get along smashingly!

By saying that we can exchange knowledge, I meant the following:


I have read lots and lots of stuff about religion and occultism, and since you have an entire subforum dedicated to those esoteric and occultistic religions, I figured it would be great to contribute and spill some information about wicca, witchcraft, satanism and alike.


Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1251373)
Hello Raven


Why are you so quick to point out your aversion to lgbt persons who can easily find Jesus if they fall on their face in front of Him? Are you harboring deep secrets in your breast? I am not defending sin but I work tirelessly with homers every day. I recognize homer tendencies a mile away.


By the way, how old are you?

If by harbouring deep secrets you mean I had gay experiences or something, no I don't have any deep secrets and I am 100% straight.



I don't really hate them but I find the whole idea of their "community" retarded. I don't mind what two grown adults do in their bedroom, but when they take it out in the streets in the form of parades, it's everybody's problem.


I don't want to say my exact age, but I am old enough for this forum.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella White (Post 1251376)
Good morning, young man. "Let's proceed now". Very good! From this moment onward, you must realize that Landover Baptist Church is God's Favorite Church and that what you learn here is for your benefit. We are a strict, "no nonsense" group of Godly believers and followers of the Lord Jesus Christ. And that means we have no time for the devil and his heretics, including those who open accounts here just to try to push their demonic agendas on our Godly site.




But since you want to learn from us, I suggest that you study this Bible verse (from the King James Bible, 1611) very carefully:




Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."




And, now, this:




John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."




And, this, too:




Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."




"Let's proceed now". Your next step is to apply those verses to your wretched, sinful, God-denying life, and to realize that you will be spending your eternity (all of it!) in HELL for rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ! That can be changed, only, if you call upon the Name of the Lord and admit that you are a disgusting sinner who needs Salvation through the Blood of the Lamb.




I'll leave it with you, my young friend, to figure out. You must connect the dots and apply this to your life. I'm afraid I can't paint a rosy picture for you. Facts are facts, and the Holy Bible is full of them. Turn, or burn!




Sincerely,
Isabella W.



Thanks for the verses. I actually plan on reading the bible. I cannot really go in depth of any discussion about Christianity with well versed christians without reading it. Also, I tehnically never "rejected Jesus Christ". I was never a Christian. I rejected Islam and became an atheist.

Ravenmann 05-08-2019 04:55 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1251374)
So what? If you think like that because of some severely fvcked-up logic and/or willful ignorance, it's still not any good to them. :thumbdown:


If you believe that because some thousands of years-old book with giants, unicorns, magic and fairies tells you to, then maybe you'd have an "in" here.

I understand what you are saying.


I'm really bewildered that an atheist is a regular here though.
Also, how do people get those badges next to their username and avatar?

Mary Etheldreda 05-08-2019 05:04 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenmann (Post 1251377)
I have read lots and lots of stuff about religion and occultism, and since you have an entire subforum dedicated to those esoteric and occultistic religions, I figured it would be great to contribute and spill some information about wicca, witchcraft, satanism and alike.

You are welcome to contribute your thoughts to any thread on these forums, but you may not start a new thread anywhere but here, which you already did, so that's it for that. Anyway, please provide the appropriate Bible Verses to support whatever contributions you make. We love to see how the LORD works through His various creatures! You can find an online version HERE.

Isabella White 05-08-2019 05:13 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenmann (Post 1251377)
By saying that we can exchange knowledge, I meant the following:


I have read lots and lots of stuff about religion and occultism, and since you have an entire subforum dedicated to those esoteric and occultistic religions, I figured it would be great to contribute and spill some information about wicca, witchcraft, satanism and alike.

I don't want to say my exact age, but I am old enough for this forum.

Thanks for the verses. I actually plan on reading the bible. I cannot really go in depth of any discussion about Christianity with well versed christians without reading it. Also, I tehnically never "rejected Jesus Christ". I was never a Christian. I rejected Islam and became an atheist.

Young man, you must understand this: If you have not accepted the Grace of God's Love, as given to mankind through the sacrifice of God's only son, the Lord Jesus Christ, then, in effect, you have rejected Him. You have heard the glorious Gospel message many times, no doubt. And by not accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior, forsaking all other gods, then you have pushed Jesus away. That is REJECTION. And to reject Jesus as Savior means you are headed straight for HELL, for all of eternity, which is the choice that you have accepted. And once you are there, you will never have another chance to escape. Do you really want to have fire shooting through your eye sockets forever? Think of the horrors of the poor people who were trapped in the towers in New York on 9/11, and then realize that that is exactly what you will be facing in Hell, except it is forever with no chance of escape, no relief, no pause.


As for not revealing your age, what is the big deal about that? How can we be sure that you are of an age that is allowed for this site? Surely, if you have nothing to hide, then telling us your age should not be an issue. For goodness sake, I am 84 and I don't care who knows!


As for your offer to "spill some information" about the devil's worship practices, I think you will find we are not interested. We've heard it all before, and we have no time in anything that glorifies Satan. We are here to talk about JESUS and to study the King James Bible, 1611. Is that understood?
Sincerely,
Isabella W.

Ravenmann 05-08-2019 05:31 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1251379)
You are welcome to contribute your thoughts to any thread on these forums, but you may not start a new thread anywhere but here, which you already did, so that's it for that. Anyway, please provide the appropriate Bible Verses to support whatever contributions you make. We love to see how the LORD works through His various creatures! You can find an online version HERE.

Why am I not allowed to make new threads in subforums though? I don't troll or anything, and I'd put effort into them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella White (Post 1251380)
Young man, you must understand this: If you have not accepted the Grace of God's Love, as given to mankind through the sacrifice of God's only son, the Lord Jesus Christ, then, in effect, you have rejected Him. You have heard the glorious Gospel message many times, no doubt. And by not accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior, forsaking all other gods, then you have pushed Jesus away. That is REJECTION. And to reject Jesus as Savior means you are headed straight for HELL, for all of eternity, which is the choice that you have accepted. And once you are there, you will never have another chance to escape. Do you really want to have fire shooting through your eye sockets forever? Think of the horrors of the poor people who were trapped in the towers in New York on 9/11, and then realize that that is exactly what you will be facing in Hell, except it is forever with no chance of escape, no relief, no pause.


As for not revealing your age, what is the big deal about that? How can we be sure that you are of an age that is allowed for this site? Surely, if you have nothing to hide, then telling us your age should not be an issue. For goodness sake, I am 84 and I don't care who knows!


As for your offer to "spill some information" about the devil's worship practices, I think you will find we are not interested. We've heard it all before, and we have no time in anything that glorifies Satan. We are here to talk about JESUS and to study the King James Bible, 1611. Is that understood?
Sincerely,
Isabella W.


I understand your words, but it's hard to believe in something like that when each and every religion claims that they are the true religion. If I had any legit evidence to look on and review, maybe i'd accept Christianity.


Also, you are really 84 years old? That's odd. This is probably the first forum I encountered that has seniors on it. I'm sure you led a fufilling life and I hope that health serves you well. :lol:

BrotherLarry 05-08-2019 05:42 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Raven,


I've heard it all before.


Spaghetti is straight, too, until you get it hot enough.

Ravenmann 05-08-2019 05:43 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1251384)
Raven,


I've heard it all before.


Spaghetti is straight, too, until you get it hot enough.

Why are you assuming i'm gay though? I'm an atheist, but not a queer.

Mary Etheldreda 05-08-2019 05:44 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenmann (Post 1251382)
Why am I not allowed to make new threads in subforums though? I don't troll or anything, and I'd put effort into them.

You're not allowed to make new threads because the Department of Faith is still working on your investigation. For our own sake, Jesus commands us to rebuke the unbeliever (2nd Timothy 4:2), and shun those who refuse to kowtow unto His Divine Authority (Romans 16:17; 1st Corinthians 10:20). You're like the spiritual equivalent to the child with the measles, your limitations are necessary for the sake of others who come here to Seek the Truth™.

Basilissa 05-08-2019 05:50 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenmann (Post 1251377)
I have read lots and lots of stuff about religion and occultism, and since you have an entire subforum dedicated to those esoteric and occultistic religions, I figured it would be great to contribute and spill some information about wicca, witchcraft, satanism and alike.

As long as you agree to agree with us that followers of all of the above will go to Hell, we're OK with that. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Thanks for the verses. I actually plan on reading the bible. I cannot really go in depth of any discussion about Christianity with well versed christians without reading it.
That is great news indeed. It's really worth reading, even if just to see what the fuss is all about. Interestingly, if you do follow through, you'll achieve more than many self-proclaimed "Christians" who live their lives without reading the Bible but just believing stuff they think it should say. :wacko: Needless to say, when people like that stumble upon our forum, they are rather surprised and often deeply offended. :lol:
Quote:

I'm really bewildered that an atheist is a regular here though.
Mr. not-so-much, despite being a hellbound atheist, knows the Bible much better than the self-proclaimed Christians I mentioned. That means, there's still a shred of hope for his Salvation. :thumbsup:

Quote:

I was never a Christian. I rejected Islam and became an atheist.
If I may ask, what were the reasons why you rejected Islam?

Quote:

Also, how do people get those badges next to their username and avatar?
Oh, don't worry about that - keep posting, and you'll get what you'll deserve. :innocent:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenmann (Post 1251382)
Why am I not allowed to make new threads in subforums though? I don't troll or anything, and I'd put effort into them.

You just joined, dear. What you say now does sound nice, but let's wait and see if you really worth the trouble. Nothing personal, it's just that we get a lot of hit-and-run posters around here.

BrotherLarry 05-08-2019 05:53 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenmann (Post 1251385)
Why are you assuming i'm gay though? I'm an atheist, but not a queer.


The True Christian™ has gifts of the Spirit, including discernment. You have given me no reason to declare you a straight person. You have no wife, apparently; you have not mentioned a gun collection. You haven't discussed hunting or fishing or siring sons like a hopeful hetero male would do, no matter how young.


And we don't insult the gaywise here. We love them and pray for them. I know personally the joy they can bring. That's why it's not necessary to hide from us even your darkest sin.


BrotherLarry

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 05-08-2019 05:56 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenmann (Post 1251382)
Why am I not allowed to make new threads in subforums though? I don't troll or anything, and I'd put effort into them.

This is very familiar. Where have I seen it all before, just days ago? Oh look, here it is!

Ravenmann 05-08-2019 05:59 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1251387)
As long as you agree to agree with us that followers of all of the above will go to Hell, we're OK with that. :thumbsup:

That is great news indeed. It's really worth reading, even if just to see what the fuss is all about. Interestingly, if you do follow through, you'll achieve more than many self-proclaimed "Christians" who live their lives without reading the Bible but just believing stuff they think it should say. :wacko: Needless to say, when people like that stumble upon our forum, they are rather surprised and often deeply offended. :lol:
Mr. not-so-much, despite being a hellbound atheist, knows the Bible much better than the self-proclaimed Christians I mentioned. That means, there's still a shred of hope for his Salvation. :thumbsup:

If I may ask, what were the reasons why you rejected Islam?

Oh, don't worry about that - keep posting, and you'll get what you'll deserve. :innocent:

You just joined, dear. What you say now does sound nice, but let's wait and see if you really worth the trouble. Nothing personal, it's just that we get a lot of hit-and-run posters around here.

Well, I think that faggots and queers are something that should not be normalized ans accepted.


I was a pious muslim child until my 12th year or something. My family is really religoius but my atheist grandfather and a very wise person taught me things, read books with me and stuff like that.


I stopped believing in God, though I did continue reading about Islam and religion in general, and today I am strongly opposed to Islam, as it has no place in Europe nor America.


I understand now that my account has to be approved by department of Faith or whatever you call it, no problem. I am not a hit and run poster and I can wait a bit. I noticed I got my first "cancer of society" badge. I don't mind insulting badges, but I'd really like to get the "Pro life" one.

Isabella White 05-08-2019 06:00 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenmann (Post 1251382)
Why am I not allowed to make new threads in subforums though? I don't troll or anything, and I'd put effort into them.

I understand your words, but it's hard to believe in something like that when each and every religion claims that they are the true religion. If I had any legit evidence to look on and review, maybe i'd accept Christianity.

Also, you are really 84 years old? That's odd. This is probably the first forum I encountered that has seniors on it. I'm sure you led a fufilling life and I hope that health serves you well. :lol:

As dear Sister Mary has so kindly noted, once our investigation is finished, then you might be able to post new threads. But only IF our Godly investigators are satisfied that you are not here to cause trouble, troll, or otherwise conduct yourself in a manner that is not in accordance with our Godly principles.


Why do you think it's odd that I'm 84? The good Lord has spared me from a stroke, and so far I don't have any other unfortunate health conditions. And that is largely due to clean living and worshipping the good Lord constantly, although I do thank you for wishing me well, and I return the sentiment. That's why I've referred you to Biblical verses that you need to know.


As for your statement about us having any "legit evidence to look on and review", I do believe that I have shared some very important and relevant Scriptural verses with you. What you need to do is get yourself a copy of the King James Bible, 1611. Open it up and study it carefully. Do NOT get any of those other watered-down versions, and do not cherry-pick the nice verses whilst leaving the stronger ones behind. The KJV Bible is not a box of chocolates. ALL of it is what the Lord has left for us to study, from cover to cover.


II Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"


Sincerely,
Isabella W.

Isabella White 05-08-2019 06:02 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1251389)
This is very familiar. Where have I seen it all before, just days ago? Oh look, here it is!

A-ha! I suspected as much, dear Sister Joanna. The writing style seemed to have a certain ring to it. Bless you for being so observant. Obviously, the Holy Spirit was guiding you very carefully! A blessed day to you, Dear. Sincerely, Isabella W.

BrotherLarry 05-08-2019 06:05 PM

Re: Greetings from an atheist
 
Dearest Granny Isabella,


If this muslim terrorist insults you just let me know and I will get on the next plane (unless he's on it) to defend you. You know the burden I have for the homersekshul and he's already trying to insult me - er, them - and I'm not fooled by his pretend politeness. I know as a muslime his inherent nature is violence and divisiveness. I bet he didn't even vote for Trump and probably wants to see Bob Barr impeached.


Note how he won't reveal his age because he doesn't want us to know he is a 64 year old from Iraq or somewhere like that, planning the next 9/11. May GOD (not allah, piss be on him) save his soul.


PS: Raven, once again you use pejorative linguisticisms to describe the homer. We do NOT insult people here and these statements do not set well with our Dept of Faith. Nonetheless, I hope the LORD GOD blesses you on our friendly and welcoming forums.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:14 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved