The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Why can't the English type? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=24425)

Johnnyboy 06-23-2009 02:32 PM

Why can't the English type?
 
Hello All,

I've noticed alot of guests from Great Britain have visited lately, and they all seem to lack the ability to capitolize when they type. Is this Gods punishment to a wicked people? I know The Lord made the Brits drive on the wrong side of the road, and He made them eat haggis, but did He also paralyze every pinkie finger in the entire nation? I would appreciate any input from my more learned True Christian friends here at LBC.

Thank You,

Johnny

Nobar King 06-23-2009 02:39 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Thank you for posting this question, JB. I've been wondering the same for years. One would expect the English to have a good handle on their own language, at least as good as we do with American. There is so much failure, though, that something must be wrong.

We are getting English who don't know how to use punctuation. No spaces, long strings of commas, apostrophe failure. Some don't even know the difference between "are" and "our". To, Too, and Two: too difficult to distinguish between them?

The English should spend more time teaching their children how to read and write properly instead of selling off their assets.

angels 06-23-2009 08:00 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
I am learning the way.:innocent:

Johnnyboy 06-23-2009 08:04 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by angels (Post 347277)
I am learning the way.:innocent:


Undoubtedly, yes.

Ezekiel Bathfire 06-23-2009 09:18 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
When God chose England to produce the KJV1611, he foresaw that this was the turning point of history.

The KJV is perfectly spelt. It is inerrant and it is in the very language that the Pilgrim Fathers took to America. Once they were safely ensconced in His favourite country, God abandoned England and the rot set in.

In an attempt to give everyone prizes, the British education system has dumbed down so even the illiterate and innumerate are considered “valuable members of society” each with their “own gifts” and are awarded impressive qualifications in "being a nice person" and "fulfilling their potential" (which was nil.)

A child of 16 will leave school unable to count over 10 without taking his shoes and socks off, and with his ability to spell unaltered from the time he entered the public school. Conversation is limited to what is on TV and even then is restricted to mono-syllabic grunts.

Asking for capitalization or grammar is the same as asking a messican’t to get the job done on time.

Nobar King 06-23-2009 09:57 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Well put. It's a wonder anything gets done right over there.

Johnnyboy 06-23-2009 10:14 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 347337)
When God chose England to produce the KJV1611, he foresaw that this was the turning point of history.

The KJV is perfectly spelt. It is inerrant and it is in the very language that the Pilgrim Fathers took to America. Once they were safely ensconced in His favourite country, God abandoned England and the rot set in.

In an attempt to give everyone prizes, the British education system has dumbed down so even the illiterate and innumerate are considered “valuable members of society” each with their “own gifts” and are awarded impressive qualifications in "being a nice person" and "fulfilling their potential" (which was nil.)

A child of 16 will leave school unable to count over 10 without taking his shoes and socks off, and with his ability to spell unaltered from the time he entered the public school. Conversation is limited to what is on TV and even then is restricted to mono-syllabic grunts.

Asking for capitalization or grammar is the same as asking a messican’t to get the job done on time.


Thanks indeed, sir, for clearing that up for me.

Frogmella 06-24-2009 06:45 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy (Post 347077)
Hello All,

I've noticed alot of guests from Great Britain have visited lately, and they all seem to lack the ability to capitolize when they type. Is this Gods punishment to a wicked people? I know The Lord made the Brits drive on the wrong side of the road, and He made them eat haggis, but did He also paralyze every pinkie finger in the entire nation? I would appreciate any input from my more learned True Christian friends here at LBC.

Thank You,

Johnny

Quote:

I've noticed a lot of guests from Great Britain, have visited lately. They all seem to lack the ability to capitalise when they type. Is this Gods punishment to a wicked people?
I know The Lord made the Brits drive on the wrong side of the road and He made them eat haggis. However, did He also paralyze every pinkie finger in the entire nation?
I would appreciate any input from my more learned True Christian friends here at LBC.
Thought I'd lend a hand in the English dept.
:thumbsup:

Johnnyboy 06-24-2009 06:48 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogmella (Post 347893)
Thought I'd lend a hand in the English dept.
:thumbsup:

Touche. Thats French.:thumbsup:

Frogmella 06-24-2009 06:56 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy (Post 347900)
Touche. Thats French.:thumbsup:




Enchanté, Je parle un peu Francais.

Johnnyboy 06-24-2009 07:00 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogmella (Post 347903)


Enchanté, Je parle un peu Francais.


Unfortunately, no. I stick to Southern Americanized Redneck English. Hence my obsession with biscuits and gravy. If you were from The Carolinas, you'd know what I was talking about.

Rev. Jim Osborne 06-25-2009 02:03 AM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
From what I understand, the reason why the English can't type so well is that there aren't many computers over there. They are somewhat backwards with technology so the people have not developed good typing skills. It's not that they can't speak proper English, it's just they do the chicken-pecking and are unsure of how to properly write out their own thoughts. It's common amongst the English...

Ever seen a crowd at MANCHESTER UNITED game? Complete idiots. Bunch of drunken rowdy retards getting excited over watching queers kick a little soccer ball around.

angels 06-25-2009 06:41 AM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 348259)
From what I understand, the reason why the English can't type so well is that there aren't many computers over there. They are somewhat backwards with technology so the people have not developed good typing skills. It's not that they can't speak proper English, it's just they do the chicken-pecking and are unsure of how to properly write out their own thoughts. It's common amongst the English...

Ever seen a crowd at MANCHESTER UNITED game? Complete idiots. Bunch of drunken rowdy retards getting excited over watching queers kick a little soccer ball around.


Oh Reverend...My word,i can't understand why you would think we have hardly any pc's over here.Every one in England has access to the internet.Be it personally at home,or through internet cafe's.We are not a backward country at all.A lazy country where writing is concerned maybe.I really take great offence at those comments sir.The British contingent on this forum,have not insulted the United States.why do you feel the need to try and ridicule us?.As for United FC.Have you ever been to a game?.Have you ever seen and felt the passion coming off of the stands at a football game?.I'm talking about Englishmen that work hard and enjoy their weekend sport.It is completely the same as the American passion for you're football.Please Sir,kindly show my Country the same respect as i show to yours.I am not being rude,and certainly am not trying to argue with you,but i have been reading comments like yours,and felt i needed to respond to you.

God Bless You.:innocent:

Talitha 06-25-2009 07:27 AM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 348259)

Ever seen a crowd at MANCHESTER UNITED game? Complete idiots. Bunch of drunken rowdy retards getting excited over watching queers kick a little soccer ball around.

I have seen such people on the TV.
Are we really allowing drunken rowdy English soccer thugs into our Forums now? :thumbdown:

Jesus weeps.

angels 06-25-2009 09:32 AM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
I agree that there is an element of hooliganism in Football.But you can't tar every English,Irish,Welsh or Scott with the same brush.There are chairmen from the States buying our Football clubs and trying to take them forward,or indeed runing them into the ground with debt.Just because a person enjoys a good game of Football,does not make them neither gay nor evil.
Next year is the biggest Football tournament in the world.Millions of good law abiding God loving people,will enjoy the spectackle,and cheer for their country.Not every person needs drink or drugs or indeed having sex,with anyone,to enjoy this.
Most English people are patriotic and will fly the flag for England.I'd love for you to see how we Brits really are,and not to be just guessing and making wrong assumptions. I enjoy sport,both watching and playing it.My game is tennis,and i also adore football too.So does that make me common trash?.No .No it doesn't.It just makes me fit in my body, and clean minded . I hope this little piece of genuinely thoughtful words,will go just a little way to let you into the British culture.Not all English are ignorant,and stupid,which you obvious think we are.

God Bless.:innocent:

HTannor 06-25-2009 12:12 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by angels (Post 348332)
There are chairmen from the States buying our Football clubs and trying to take them forward,or indeed runing them into the ground with debt.

Just because a person enjoys a good game of Football,does not make them neither gay nor evil.

Next year is the biggest Football tournament in the world.

and i also adore football too.

God Bless.:innocent:



Oh, I AM SO ANGRY I can barely type this, but I will try:

That shit "game" IS NOT FOOTBALL.

This is:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...awkeyeslu8.jpg

angels 06-25-2009 12:56 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Angry about what?.
I haven't actually said anything wrong here.There is no competetition between football and football.However,i do not think it's very Christian to keep insulting British folk,the folk you don't even know.I don't do it,i've taken a tongue lashing from Pastor and others here,and have taken it,as a punishment.I've aplolgised and asked for forgivness,but i'm not saying sorry for this,i've known,the sport as football all of my life.It's not changing now,heck,i've even made lovely American friends through conversation over English football,when i visitTampa and NY.

God Bless.:innocent:

Johnnyboy 06-25-2009 01:04 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by angels (Post 348360)
Angry about what?.
I haven't actually said anything wrong here.There is no competetition between football and football.However,i do not think it's very Christian to keep insulting British folk,the folk you don't even know.I don't do it,i've taken a tongue lashing from Pastor and others here,and have taken it,as a punishment.I've aplolgised and asked for forgivness,but i'm not saying sorry for this,i've known,the sport as football all of my life.It's not changing now,heck,i've even made lovely American friends through conversation over English football,when i visitTampa and NY.

God Bless.:innocent:

Hello angels,

Glad you're still here at Gods Favorite Forum. Be that as it may about football, the original theme here is the lack of typing skills of your fellow countrymen. As you've said earlier, you have improved your typing skills greatly by visting this Godly Forum. If more Brits would visit and accept Jesus, their typing skills would improve also.

God Bless:thumbsup:

angels 06-25-2009 01:04 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Please do not be angry,instead i believe that we have our paths mapped out,by God before we are even concieved.Therefore,surely compassion rather than anger is whats needed to deal with a wretch such as i?.
Yesterday the dear Pastor said,if i were his,he'd scrub out my mouth,i took that message,and indeed,chastised myself.My foul language will never be a problem again.:jesus:


God Bless.:innocent:

angels 06-25-2009 01:07 PM

Re: Why can't the English type?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy (Post 348368)
Hello angels,

Glad you're still here at Gods Favorite Forum. Be that as it may about football, the original theme here is the lack of typing skills of your fellow countrymen. As you've said earlier, you have improved your typing skills greatly by visting this Godly Forum. If more Brits would visit and accept Jesus, their typing skills would improve also.

God Bless:thumbsup:

Dear Johnnyboy,i have taken the path shown to me by the dear Pastor , your good self and the Reverend.
From now on,the effort shall be seen by all.Thankyou so so much.Our dear Lord will show me my error,and i shall abide by the right way.

God Bless.:innocent:


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:18 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved