The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Atheist fallacies (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=87414)

Shimei 02-13-2013 08:42 PM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 975741)
The liberal/atheist/scientific argument is that homosexuality is biological, not that it is genetic. But since Jesus and I conflate the words genetic and biological, there is no difference. You say potato I say poe-tah-toe. :innocent:

I promise you that the scientific discovery that homosexuality is biological is in no wise conducive to eternal life. This non-doctrinal speculation about science being a fulfillment of God's will may be amusing now, but will it be amusing to have your flesh burned off again and again for ever and ever? I am only looking out for your well being when I say such things, friend; I mean no offense.

My question about the notable absence of scientific facts in the Bible was rhetorical. Obviously the reason there were no scientific contributions in the Bible, and only rough mathematical estimations, is because God knows better than to believe liberal elites.

Amen Billy Bob.

Question, while watching a debate a little while ago, I started to see another contradiction and wondered whether this be a fallacy. I mean the Atheist in the debate began using terminology from Computer Science, they began demonstrating their theory with a program. But I could not help but see that God made the universe, by softly spoken words.

The contradiction it seems comes by way of the mathematics used to create a program. To create this demo, a rendering of the universe by using a language, but yet God spoke creation into existence...

Dunno, this just came to mind while listening.

And Billy Bob, that is interesting in what you say, that only the Divine Laws are broken. Why is that?

Marshall 02-13-2013 10:27 PM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Ive noticed Satan is nearly every corner of the Interweb that isnt directly connected to the one True Christian™ church, Landover Baptist. Pornography and atheism go hand in hand. The FACT that God created sexual differences doesnt mean He wants us to simply sex each other willy nilly like negros in Africa. The same logic applies to the Interweb, just because God made it doesnt mean we should use it to spread lies and athianism by way of His grace! Trying to disprove the Bible in ANY sense, whether its using homosexual Greek debate terms or using science or linking to atheism sites, only serves to prop up Satan and his minions. It does nothing to diminish the truth of Gods love. There can only be one truth and if you use atheist logic and say the original truth must be right, then God wins because He created the universe! There was nothing before Creation! Every atheist agrees with that FACT even when they stupidly claim the "big bang" happened. What was before the "big bang"? NOTHING.
God wins.
Praise Jesus yall.

Marshall 02-13-2013 10:41 PM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Just as unzipping your tight bottomless chaps is a CHOICE, so is the CHOICE to use you God-given parts to swordfight with your friends in a park bathroom stall. There is nothing "genetic" about sexing in the rump or using your mouth on a womans stuff. Genetics, according to satan, are biological and everyone knows(including the deluded scientists) that the function of life is to reproduce. God made everything living so that it could reproduce. Thats called a LAW OF NATURE.
Logic dictates that reproduction doesnt happen if sperms are drowned in a colon. Therefore, homosexuals are UN-NATURAL by their very definition. Because they are unnatural it is easy to conclude that their sex is of the Devil and should be punishable by law.

ARGUMENT DESTROYED.

Pim Pendergast 02-14-2013 09:53 AM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimei (Post 977792)
Question, while watching a debate a little while ago, I started to see another contradiction and wondered whether this be a fallacy. I mean the Atheist in the debate began using terminology from Computer Science, they began demonstrating their theory with a program. But I could not help but see that God made the universe, by softly spoken words.

The contradiction it seems comes by way of the mathematics used to create a program. To create this demo, a rendering of the universe by using a language, but yet God spoke creation into existence...

Dunno, this just came to mind while listening.

I don't know if it's fallacious, but it's definitely ironic. God created and sustains everything by the power of His Word (Gen 1, Jn 1:1-18, Heb 1:1-3). God was the original Talker. Man can only talk because he is created in God's image (Gen 1:26-27). The atheist's ability to talk comes directly from God. Without God he wouldn't be able to talk (or create computer languages). The atheist disproves atheism every time he opens his mouth.

And homosexuality is not genetic. Just because, for example, some drosophila fruit flies in a lab somewhere once chose to be gay while they were being observed by scientists doesn't prove that there is a homosexual gene in humans.

MitzaLizalor 02-14-2013 12:24 PM

Irrits (the)
 
If you really want The Irrits try the fallacist's fallacy. Heathens are more prone to this than atheists. Before linking to some of their debased utterances I'll just make up an example

EXAMPLE 1
• pebbles do not eat camels
• "cool"jazz, worms and the moon are all types of fish
• therefore the sky is blue

Although no evidence is offered to support the conclusion, and despite several logical errors, the conclusion is not necessarily false (or true).

In the next example a number of fallacious and unconnected statements are strung together by several God denying heathens leading to a conclusion that does not follow from any of their "arguments" but which seems to be supported in Scripture. Revelation 22:17 However when we realise that the chief heathen among their number is primarily interested in goddess cults such as those of Aphrodite and Frigg the corrupted nature of their fallacious conclusion is revealed.

EXAMPLE 2
How many fallacies can you count there?
Words spun from no more substance than clouds.

Truth I Seek 02-15-2013 06:19 AM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
So many misconceptions about Atheism. You clearly don't know that much about what being atheist is about. Being Atheist is not some kind of rocket science, it's a pretty simple concept, it isn't as complex as tou seem to think

Let's try to have a serious and grown up debate here, feel free to make me some questions about atheism. Let me help you to understand Atheism and in the process maybe I can also understand you better.

It's not my intention to turn anyone to Atheism, the same way I will not be converted to your religion. I just want we to understand ourselves better.

BelieverInGod 02-15-2013 06:23 AM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truth I Seek (Post 978235)
So many misconceptions about Atheism. You clearly don't know that much about what being atheist is about. Being Atheist is not some kind of rocket science, it's a pretty simple concept, it isn't as complex as tou seem to think

Let's try to have a serious and grown up debate here, feel free to make me some questions about atheism. Let me help you to understand Atheism and in the process maybe I can also understand you better.

It's not my intention to turn anyone to Atheism, the same way I will not be converted to your religion. I just want we to understand ourselves better.

Sigh...... You didn't read the very top of every page did you

UNSAVED UNWELCOME!

Nor could you be bothered to read the "Noobs" please read this before posting. Thread, as you were asked to when you joined.

Quote:

This is not a debate forum. The purpose of this site is to praise and glorify the Lord, Jesus Christ. It is a place for Christians to fellowship and worship. The goal of the Landover Baptist Church forum is to draw people to Jesus Christ because Scripture confirms that salvation comes only through Him.

Luke 6:22 tells us that because we preach the True doctrine of Jesus, men shall hate us and call us evil. So naturally, we expect that folks will get their feathers ruffled by some of the things they have to say, and they will come on here to argue with us. Perhaps we have said something that upset you. Maybe it was something I said. If so, then I am sorry that you are upset, but I do not apologize for what I have said. My words and thoughts come from the Holy Scriptures. I didn't write the Bible -- God did. So if my words upset you, then you don't have a problem with me -- you have a problem with God.

We tend to get two types of dissenters here. Some are calm and reasonable folks who are capable of rational discussion. I personally enjoy discussing religious topics with this sort of person. Others, however, are angry trolls who are just here to flame us. If you are here to flame us, please read this first.

Truth I Seek 02-15-2013 06:44 AM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 978237)
Sigh...... You didn't read the very top of every page did you

UNSAVED UNWELCOME!

Nor could you be bothered to read the "Noobs" please read this before posting. Thread, as you were asked to when you joined.

If the non-believers are not welcome make it an invite only forum.

Who told that I didn't read that? Foruns are by nature places of debate, a rule that states it isn't makes no sense to me. Theres something else on that thread that caught my attention:

"We tend to get two types of dissenters here. Some are calm and reasonable folks who are capable of rational discussion. I personally enjoy discussing religious topics with this sort of person."

seems like serious and rational debate are not that unwelcomed after all.

Didymus Much 02-15-2013 06:56 AM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truth I Seek (Post 978235)
So many misconceptions about Atheism...

How about your misconception that atheism should be capitalized? Hint: it's not a proper noun.

Quote:

...Let's try to have a serious and grown up debate here...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truth I Seek (Post 978244)
..."We tend to get two types of dissenters here. Some are calm and reasonable folks who are capable of rational discussion"...

Do you see the problem now?

Truth I Seek 02-15-2013 07:08 AM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 978246)
How about your misconception that atheism should be capitalized? Hint: it's not a proper noun.

Any problem with that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 978246)
Do you see the problem now?

Is there a problem?

Quote:

Definition of DISCUSSION1
: consideration of a question in open and usually informal debate

2
: a formal treatment of a topic in speech or writing

Seems like a discussion is synonimous of debate. So... what's the problem after all?

Mary Etheldreda 02-15-2013 07:30 AM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truth I Seek (Post 978235)
feel free to make me some questions about atheism.

What is it like to be an atheist?

:)

Didymus Much 02-15-2013 07:35 AM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truth I Seek (Post 978248)
Any problem with that?...

Your reading comprehension. :thumbdown:

Quote:

...Seems like a discussion is synonimous of debate. So... what's the problem after all?
Again, your reading comprehension. "Debate" is ONE possible meaning of "discussion"; that does not mean they are synonymous.

If you have questions, ask them, POLITELY (after using the "search" function to ensure that the question has not been answered already), and they will be answered. Attempt debate, and you will be banned (after being informed that you are wrong, anyway). That will not be my doing, so don't bother bitching to me.

Billy Bob Jenkins 02-15-2013 08:04 AM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimei (Post 977792)
Amen Billy Bob.

Question, while watching a debate a little while ago, I started to see another contradiction and wondered whether this be a fallacy. I mean the Atheist in the debate began using terminology from Computer Science, they began demonstrating their theory with a program. But I could not help but see that God made the universe, by softly spoken words.

The contradiction it seems comes by way of the mathematics used to create a program. To create this demo, a rendering of the universe by using a language, but yet God spoke creation into existence...

Dunno, this just came to mind while listening.

And Billy Bob, that is interesting in what you say, that only the Divine Laws are broken. Why is that?

Friend, I believe we have covered some of this ground. The reason that prescriptive laws like "Thou shalt have no gods before me" can be broken while natural laws like Intelligent Pulling cannot, is because God loves us and therefore wants us to be free to burn in Hell for all eternity without any possibility of escape; the reason God allows evil is because He is so good. This is Christianity 101, friend. :innocent:

Pim Pendergast 02-15-2013 11:26 AM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truth I Seek (Post 978235)
So many misconceptions about Atheism. You clearly don't know that much about what being atheist is about. Being Atheist is not some kind of rocket science, it's a pretty simple concept, it isn't as complex as tou seem to think

Let's try to have a serious and grown up debate here, feel free to make me some questions about atheism. Let me help you to understand Atheism and in the process maybe I can also understand you better.

It's not my intention to turn anyone to Atheism, the same way I will not be converted to your religion. I just want we to understand ourselves better.

How about explain why you reject all the evidence for God's existence. There are many sources of evidence: the Bible; creation (Rom 1:18-32), creation science and Flood geology; world events, answered prayers and miracles; and your own conscience (Rom 1:18-32). Rational discussion is encouraged on this forum. So I challenge you to explain why you reject all the evidence for God, without resorting to fallacious (irrational) reasoning, especially "begging the question," which I mentioned in the OP. Maybe then you'll see how foolish your position is.

Truth I Seek 02-15-2013 12:05 PM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 978253)
Your reading comprehension. :thumbdown:

Again, your reading comprehension. "Debate" is ONE possible meaning of "discussion"; that does not mean they are synonymous.

It's just a matter ofsemantics. In practice both discussion and debate are the same, 2 or more people speaking about a subject.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 978253)
If you have questions, ask them, POLITELY (after using the "search" function to ensure that the question has not been answered already), and they will be answered. Attempt debate, and you will be banned (after being informed that you are wrong, anyway). That will not be my doing, so don't bother bitching to me.

Let them ban me if they are so insecure of their beliefs that this is the only way they have to deal with someone that is not being rude to them.

Truth I Seek 02-15-2013 12:13 PM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast (Post 978289)
How about explain why you reject all the evidence for God's existence. There are many sources of evidence: the Bible; creation (Rom 1:18-32), creation science and Flood geology; world events, answered prayers and miracles; and your own conscience (Rom 1:18-32). Rational discussion is encouraged on this forum. So I challenge you to explain why you reject all the evidence for God, without resorting to fallacious (irrational) reasoning, especially "begging the question," which I mentioned in the OP. Maybe then you'll see how foolish your position is.

These are all faith related evidences. I need factual evidence. And the reality is that there isn't a single factual evidence of the existence of your god.

The bible is not the proof of god's existence, it's the claim of it's existence. In the same way the qu'ran it's the claim that Mohammed is the true prophet of allah and has pretty much the same faith related evidences that the bible has. Why do you accept one and reject the other?

Pim Pendergast 02-15-2013 12:53 PM

Re: Irrits (the)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 978008)
How many fallacies can you count there?

I couldn't count them all, but the song reminded me of the non sequitur. "P is true; therefore R." I can only assume that if heathens like the Beatles are prone to this fallacy, it must be widespread among atheists also. I must say, after reading those lyrics I needed to read my Bible for an hour straight just to clear my head.

Proof by assertion. Simply stating something to be true without offering evidence or a supporting argument for the statement. This fallacy takes the form "P is true." For example, "God doesn't exist." Or, "Evolution is now a fact." Atheists seem to think that if they just keep saying the same thing over and over, that makes it true. God wants us to immunise our children against this kind of brainwashing. That's why it's important to homeschool them so that they can learn the truth: God does exist, and evolution is a lie from the devil; God created everything.

Appeal to ridicule. Presenting your opponent's position in a way that makes it seem ridiculous. "If the Genesis Creation account is true, then God created light before He created the sun, moon and stars!" (Which of course is true, but imagine this being said in a condescending, mocking tone). They love to mock the Creation account. They can't see the folly of their own position. If there is no God, then the universe just appeared out of nothing.

Pim Pendergast 02-15-2013 01:42 PM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truth I Seek (Post 978296)
These are all faith related evidences. I need factual evidence.

The bible is not the proof of god's existence, it's the claim of it's existence. In the same way the qu'ran it's the claim that Mohammed is the true prophet of allah and has pretty much the same faith related evidences that the bible has. Why do you accept one and reject the other?

But the Bible is proof of God's existence. The very first verse states the existence of God as a fact.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And how do I know God's Word is true? Simple. The Bible tells me so.

Jn 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Why is God's Word true? Because it is inspired by God.

2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I reject the koran because the Bible warns against adding to God's Word.

Rev 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

The koran was written at least five centuries after Revelation. Accepting it would be adding to God's Word.

Quote:

And the reality is that there isn't a single factual evidence of the existence of your god.
^^^Misapplying the burden of proof^^^

So you say, but is there any factual evidence against His existence?

BelieverInGod 02-15-2013 05:25 PM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truth I Seek (Post 978244)
If the non-believers are not welcome make it an invite only forum.

Because Jesus told us to preach to all the world. Can you think of a better way of getting the word out in this day-and-age other than the internet?

Anyway, how would we find True Christians™ around the world if it wasn't open? We've even had people convert because of our pages. :yahoo:

Quote:

Who told that I didn't read that? Foruns are by nature places of debate, a rule that states it isn't makes no sense to me. Theres something else on that thread that caught my attention:
No you didn't read the thread. We know that because you're asking questions that were answered in the thread.


Quote:

"We tend to get two types of dissenters here. Some are calm and reasonable folks who are capable of rational discussion. I personally enjoy discussing religious topics with this sort of person."

seems like serious and rational debate are not that unwelcomed after all.
There's a difference between discussion and debate. We will gladly have a discussion with someone who has read the Bible and actually has some idea of what they're talking about.

You on the other hand :angry:

BelieverInGod 02-15-2013 05:31 PM

Re: Atheist fallacies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truth I Seek (Post 978295)
It's just a matter ofsemantics. In practice both discussion and debate are the same, 2 or more people speaking about a subject.

Wow, so this is what public education has come to...

Perhaps you should read a dictionary before you attempt the KJV Bible.

Definition of discussion
noun

[mass noun]
  • the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas: the committee acts as a forum for discussion the EC directive is currently under discussion
  • [count noun] a conversation or debate about a specific topic: discussions about environmental improvement
  • [count noun] a detailed treatment of a topic in speech or writing: see Appendix One, for a more detailed discussion
Origin:

Middle English (denoting judicial examination): via Old French from late Latin discussio(n-), from discutere 'investigate' (see discuss)




Definition of debate
noun

  • a formal discussion on a particular matter in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward and which usually ends with a vote: last night’s debate on the Education Bill
  • an argument about a particular subject, especially one in which many people are involved: the national debate on abortion [mass noun]: there has been much debate about prices
verb

[with object]
  • argue about (a subject), especially in a formal manner: MPs debated the issue in the Commons [no object]: members of the society debated for five nights
  • [with clause] consider a possible course of action in one’s mind before reaching a decision: he debated whether he should leave the matter alone or speak to her
Phrases

be open to debate



be unproven and requiring further discussion: whether a further wave of takeovers would benefit consumers is open to debate

under debate



being discussed or disputed: the subject is still under debate






Quote:

Let them ban me if they are so insecure of their beliefs that this is the only way they have to deal with someone that is not being rude to them.
Kicking a yappy dog does not mean I'm insecure about the dog. It means it's pestered me to the point I don't want to listen to it any more.

For some reason most of you atheist type come here looking to be banned. Somehow you think that annoying us to the point that our pastors kick you out the door somehow proves your intelligence. It doesn't. It just means you're an annoying yappy little dog who got kicked out the door for being a pest.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved