The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   "TAKE IT DOWN!" he screamed at us (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115630)

Dana723 12-21-2018 02:50 AM

"TAKE IT DOWN!" he screamed at us

So this year for Christmas, we decided to go all out. My husband and our five boys gathered up millions of Christmas lights and created a large replica of Jesus hanging on the cross, complete with blinking lights to depict his spilling blood. Our boys had a fine time stringing up the lights and we even had to supply a few extra generators per night to keep it running. We leave it on all day and night, hopeful that some awful sinner will see it and remember our Loving Saviour hanging on the cross for our sins.

But the sheriff, a democRAT of course, came by last night and told us that if we didn't take it down, he would arrest us! "TAKE IT DOWN!" he screamed at us, scaring our Filipino housemaid. :angry: Then several neighbors came over and told us that Jesus hanging on the cross did NOT represent traditional Christmas imaging.

Of course, we will not be taking it down. This is a violation of our rights as Christians! We will not stand for it! So tonight we are holding vigil, my husband and our boys each with a shotgun to shoot any trespassers on this War on Christmas. Please pray for us so we might have VICTORY IN JESUS! :bye:

Dennis Lukes 12-21-2018 03:38 AM

Re: "TAKE IT DOWN!" he screamed at us

Quote:

the sheriff, a democRAT
Golly gee, imagine that! A Democrat sheriff? Is his (or, if your county is truly full of godless liberals, dare I say... her?) wrist strong enough to even lift a pistol? Sissies like that can't even defend themselves, how can they be expected to keep their Christians constituents safe from nigra thugs, illegal Catholic Messicans, Muslim terrorists, and atheist pagans?

You'll be in my prayers. And I know the liberals won't like this, but "Merry Christmas!"

Once was lost 11-26-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana723 (Post 1243011)
"TAKE IT DOWN!" he screamed at us, scaring our Filipino housemaid

How much do you pay for your little brown housemaid? We had one for about a year and let her go. She demanded at least $100. I stood my ground and simply said no! They get to demanding once you start treating them good. :nono:

Johny Joe Hold 11-27-2019 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana723 (Post 1243011)
So this year for Christmas, we decided to go all out. My husband and our five boys gathered up millions of Christmas lights and created a large replica of Jesus hanging on the cross, complete with blinking lights to depict his spilling blood.

:angry: Then several neighbors came over and told us that Jesus hanging on the cross did NOT represent traditional Christmas imaging.

I think combining the horrific story of the crucifixion and cheerful blood red Christmas lights is wonderful. Maybe a new tradition is coming where we will put up crucifixion Easter lights as we now do at Christmas.

Isabella White 11-27-2019 12:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1261041)
Maybe a new tradition is coming where we will put up crucifixion Easter lights as we now do at Christmas.

Oh, my Cathyolick neighbors have been using religious Easter lights (photo attached) for a couple of years now, dear Brother Mayor. And, at :christ-fancy:mas, they decorate a cross with :christ-fancy:mas ornaments. Last year, they had flashing red lights all over the cross. This year's cross (photo attached) is less garish, if you can believe it, although their Easter version has the Easter Bunny and Easter eggs at the foot of the cross. Frankly, I find the idea to be positively revolting, but if it keeps their darned :hell-4:bound kids from kicking their soccer ball onto the lights on my shrubs, then I suppose I can't complain.

A blessed evening to you, dear Mayor,
Sincerely, Isabella W.