The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   God's Favorite Breakfast (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=24543)

Brother Lazarus 06-25-2009 03:19 PM

God's Favorite Breakfast

There has been much off topic discussion on other forums and threads about a uniquely American breakfast delicacy. I think it's about time we cleared up any confusion that might exist about the best breakfast given by God to His True Christians.

Orange Juice
Two eggs over easy fried in bacon grease
Grits
Two biscuits with a side of white sausage gravy
Three strips of bacon
Coffee

This is what God intended. Offered at Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans restaurants everywhere.

Yours in Christ:jesus:
Brother Lazarus

James Hutchins 06-25-2009 03:26 PM

Re: God's Favorite Breakfast

MmmmmmmmmmmmmmMmmmmmmmmmm
You know Brother Lazarus, I already had Gods Favorite Breakfast™, but you just whetted my appitite for another.:thumbsup:

I also usually have a ham steak to go with it, and a third egg.

Johnnyboy 06-25-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Lazarus (Post 348425)
There has been much off topic discussion on other forums and threads about a uniquely American breakfast delicacy. I think it's about time we cleared up any confusion that might exist about the best breakfast given by God to His True Christians.

Orange Juice
Grits
Three strips of bacon
Coffee

This is what God intended. Offered at Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans restaurants everywhere.

Brother Lazarus

Brother Lazarus is indeed correct. This tasty bit of Southern Americana is Gods Favorite Breakfast. In fact, I'm still shocked how our forefathers were unable to defeat the yankees in the War of Northern Aggression, and had to settle for a draw. Our boys shoulda been able to whip em good after a breakfast like that. :thumbsup:

Luther T Washington 06-25-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Lazarus (Post 348425)

Orange Juice
Grits
Three strips of bacon
Coffee

Brother Lazarus

Brother Lazarus you are making my mouth water. I may have to go to a Lizard Thicket tomorrow morning!

My father the late Abner J. (Ham Bone) Washington used to prepare this meal for the Friday men's fellowship group at the Colleton A.M.E. Church. Needless to say he was a very popular man. He did add an extra side of country ham, smoked in our own smokehouse out our farm.

Nobar King 06-25-2009 03:44 PM

Even that delicious breakfast needs a little variety. Once in a while I might prefer some fresh canned jam on my biscuits in-stead of gravy.

When I'm still full from yesterday's breakfast, sometimes I just have a nice bowl of cream of wheat with just the right amount of salt.

And don't forget the most social of all breakfasts: Pancakes!

Tertius The Scribe 06-25-2009 03:51 PM

I sometimes substitute the grits for hashbrowns. Mmmmmmm...

My friend, George Bob, has repeatedly told me that you can procure this breakfast at the "Waffle House", his favorite eatery. Does anyone have any information on this "Waffle House"?

James Hutchins 06-25-2009 04:16 PM

Waffle Houses are every five miles where I am. 24/7 breakfasts.......

White Powder 06-26-2009 07:13 PM

this indeed sounds like a wholesome and moreish break to the fast of slumber, would the addition of a fried tomato or two perhaps aid in the dietary requirements of a strong christian?

Amen

Brother Lazarus 06-26-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Power (Post 349150)
this indeed sounds like a wholesome and moreish break to the fast of slumber, would the addition of a fried tomato or two perhaps aid in the dietary requirements of a strong christian?

Amen

Here in the south we fry our green tomatos. Unfortunately your butchery of the English language is causing me to lose my appetite.

Brother Lazarus

eliot mayfield 06-26-2009 08:46 PM

Jam on your biscuits? I go for honey. Not that light stuff, but the dark kind. If you follow a bear around he'll lead you to a tree with honey and you can kill him after he shows you and have a lot of meat and honey too. But it's best to cut the tree down and start a small brush fire in the acre surrounding the tree to smoke the bees out.

Brother Lazarus 06-27-2009 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliot mayfield (Post 349219)
Jam on your biscuits? I go for honey. Not that light stuff, but the dark kind. If you follow a bear around he'll lead you to a tree with honey and you can kill him after he shows you and have a lot of meat and honey too. But it's best to cut the tree down and start a small brush fire in the acre surrounding the tree to smoke the bees out.

I have heard that Yankees, especially those from New England, enjoy honey, and even jam, on biscuits. I find the thought nauseating, but to each their own I suppose. I'm sure Bobby Lee didn't soak his biscuits in honey. Bisquits are to be served smothered in sausage gravy.
Brother Lazarus

Pastor Ezekiel 06-27-2009 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Lazarus (Post 349409)
Bisquits are to be served smothered in sausage gravy.
Brother Lazarus

AMEN!! :yahoo:

Ashley P 07-04-2009 01:05 AM

Might I ask what is God's Favorite Breakfast for women? Or is that meal for both men and women?

James Hutchins 07-04-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashley_unsaved (Post 353398)
Might I ask what is God's Favorite Breakfast for women? Or is that meal for both men and women?

I believe a question such as this belongs in the women only areas of the forum.

Ashley P 07-04-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 353399)
I believe a question such as this belongs in the women only areas of the forum.

Which section is that? I only see the men's only section