The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Do You Edit Your Prayer List (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=118556)

Johny Joe Hold 02-16-2021 03:49 PM

Do You Edit Your Prayer List

I would imagine all of us have a list of people we pray for. I do.

When someone makes my list, and I'm sure yours as well, it is because they are worthy of prayer. But, some disappoint. When they disappoint should they be dropped from our own individual lists?

In my case I drop them. That's because prayer uses a precious commodity, my time and God's time. If a sinner is beyond redemption why not just drop them off the list?

This last Impeachment Trial was an example. There were Republican Senators and House members I had been praying for. Some had beaten Democrats in their initial campaign. Obviously they are in areas with competitive elections and need our prayers to win reelection. But, I removed immediately from my prayer list those Republicans who voted to impeach our President.

Once in a while we all hear about homers in our midst. They are dropped. It is an on going task to keep the list current but very important.

WWJDnow 02-17-2021 02:21 PM

Re: Do You Edit Your Prayer List

I pray for God to remove the unworthy names from my list. After all, He knows better than I do whose been naughty and who's been ice. Just in case, I always add this disclaimer to my daily prayers:

These prayers apply only to bona fide True Christians™ who have had their sins washed away by the blood of your Son, except in cases where (a) I have prayed for a known sinner to stop sinning, (b) I have prayed for a sinner at the request of a bona fide True Christian™, or (c) I have prayed for an inanimate object or an animal.

That way God knows where I stand.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 02-17-2021 08:46 PM

My husband edits mine (with both additions and removals) weekly. I then pass the information on to my daughter, Hannah, a most diligent and obedient child, who is responsible for ensuring that her brothers are not praying for the terminally lost, or failing to pray for the deserving. In the event of any errors, she is punished.

MitzaLizalor 02-18-2021 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJDnow (Post 1281244)
or (c) I have prayed for an inanimate object or an animal.

With respect to my own prayer concerns, could you please advise what constitutes an "inanimate object" (I already know what an animal is)?

thesuperdon 09-17-2021 04:26 AM

Pray for me i was circumsized and got virus infection now my penis is falling out. Btw i am also gay HAHA

Didymus Much 09-17-2021 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesuperdon (Post 1289441)
Pray for me i was circumsized and got virus infection now my penis is falling out...

Word on the street is that chewing aluminium foil will clear that right up. :thumbsup:

Quote:

...Btw i am also gay HAHA

Won't help with that, tho. :dntknw:

Johny Joe Hold 09-17-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesuperdon (Post 1289441)
Pray for me i was circumsized and got virus infection now my penis is falling out. Btw i am also gay HAHA

We don't have a prayer list for trolls. Be sure to use that line, "HAHA" when you enter hell's furnace.

Isabella White 09-17-2021 04:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
On a daily basis, I edit my prayer list, as the dear :lord-fancy: directs. And, then, I am ready with a long list for the McGill Street Ladies' Wednesday Afternoon Bible Study, Prayer Meeting and Tea & Social. The ladies of McGill Street are most grateful for this.

Ephesians 6:18 "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;"

My list always includes the names of various Unsaved Trash that happen to find :forum-fancy: — and we are still praying for some that visited with us from long ago! And, having such a prayer list makes our prayer meeting and Bible study all the more meaningful, especially when we are enjoying lighter topics of discussion later on.

Unfalsifiable 09-17-2021 05:00 PM

I just pray for Paster Zeke over and over again, because whatever he is praying for at any given time is what I should be praying for.

Jimmy Kate Dumbardo 09-20-2021 06:49 PM

My prayer list is my grocery list, so I periodically cross off when I go shopping. I pray my favorite brand of twinkies are not out of stock.