The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hy from Croatia... (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=119662)

Adam. M 12-21-2021 02:53 PM

Hy from Croatia...
 
I'ma 36-year-old catholic from Croatia, was Christian since birth but inmy early twenties, i have received great graces from God through thefeast of Divine Mercy and the accompanying rosary that is prayed as apart of that devotion. Since I'm geographically close to this I hadmany encounters with Međugorje and father Zlatko Sudac, where I alsoreceived great graces...

I'man unemployed writer. I'm writing a novel recently where I'm tryingto incorporate important and controversial questions of today'sChristian and Catholic world into a novel, and this way question a whole thing...

Johny Joe Hold 12-21-2021 03:52 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Welcome, Adam. We would like to help you with your project of writing a novel about Christianity. Perhaps we could provide some useful information. Please post again with a question.

Basilissa 12-21-2021 04:48 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Hello Adam and welcome to our forum! I understand that as a Catholic you may have never had the opportunity to read the Bible, but I'll ask anyway: what is your favorite verse?

Romeo Rovagnati 12-21-2021 05:50 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. M (Post 1292642)
I'ma 36-year-old catholic from Croatia, was Christian since birth but inmy early twenties, i have received great graces from God through thefeast of Divine Mercy and the accompanying rosary that is prayed as apart of that devotion. Since I'm geographically close to this I hadmany encounters with Međugorje and father Zlatko Sudac, where I alsoreceived great graces...

I'man unemployed writer. I'm writing a novel recently where I'm tryingto incorporate important and controversial questions of today'sChristian and Catholic world into a novel, and this way question a whole thing...

Gretings Croatian friend!


It is a great thing that someone is trying to contribute to expand the world of Catholic authors of fiction, considering that when we think about it we only talk about Chesterton and Tolkien most of the time. :thumbsup:


By the way, unlike many other Italians, I'm not mad about the fact that Istria and Fiume are now part of Croatia, since I'm not worshipping the bald hanged-man. However, I hop that you encourage your fellow Croatians to not deny the genocide of the Foibe that happened under Tito, as it is not a good thing denying war atrocities (something that Anglo-Saxons, Germans, Turks, Russians, Chinese and Japanese do all the time :angry:).


Anyway, I wish you good luck and I will pray to St. Thomas Aquinas that you will have success with your book! :bye:

Adam. M 12-21-2021 06:03 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1292643)
Welcome, Adam. We would like to help you with your project of writing a novel about Christianity. Perhaps we could provide some useful information. Please post again with a question.

Thats excatly what i had in mind...
To have that impact of baptism in my novel, i hope you will help me ! I'm also writing on one orthodox christian forum where I gather information from their denomination also. Novel is a place where we could easily put everyones information in one place without much argue and then see what will turn out true in a near future. Its like a poem...


Im specificly interested in apocalyptic events ahead of us, if there are any to see with our own eyes in the near future. I believe there are many and i will describe them in my novels.

Adam. M 12-21-2021 06:17 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romeo Rovagnati (Post 1292649)
Gretings Croatian friend!


It is a great thing that someone is trying to contribute to expand the world of Catholic authors of fiction, considering that when we think about it we only talk about Chesterton and Tolkien most of the time. :thumbsup:


By the way, unlike many other Italians, I'm not mad about the fact that Istria and Fiume are now part of Croatia, since I'm not worshipping the bald hanged-man. However, I hop that you encourage your fellow Croatians to not deny the genocide of the Foibe that happened under Tito, as it is not a good thing denying war atrocities (something that Anglo-Saxons, Germans, Turks, Russians, Chinese and Japanese do all the time :angry:).


Anyway, I wish you good luck and I will pray to St. Thomas Aquinas that you will have success with your book! :bye:

Tito goes in my book also, it was Yugoslaw Partisans who did war crimes against Italians, this communist Army consisted mostly of non-Croats - they were biggest enemy of Croatia in a war. And im also not mad at Venice that they stealed our land in Dalmatia during Ottoman Incursions and even before that, using crusaders to conquer Zadar for them. I will pray divine mercy rosary for you !

Isabella White 12-21-2021 06:44 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Hello, dear Mr. Adam, and :welcome-flowers: to :church-fancy:. We are pleased that you have found us within this tangled interwebs galaxy. We can most definitely assist you in your search for the Truth of :god-fancy:, which — you must be realizing by now — is something that you will not find in the Cathyolick religion.

Now, then, as our beloved Sister Basilissa has requested, I wonder, as well, if you could provide us with your favorite verse from the glorious :kjv1611:? We do have that request (along with a couple of others) at the top of our friendly Introduction Forum page, as you shall see here:

The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

We look forward to getting to know you, Dear; and, please, do feel free to browse through our many forums of :jesus-fancy:-inspired goodness — here, at :forum-fancy:.

WWJDnow 12-21-2021 08:52 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Hello, and welcome to the Landover Baptist Church! If you would start praying to Jesus instead of to popes and saints, I'm sure the Lord would help you find a job. Or are you one of the fifty-percenters who expect the government to subsidize your lazy lifestyle?

Adam. M 12-21-2021 08:58 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella White (Post 1292652)
Hello, dear Mr. Adam, and :welcome-flowers: to :church-fancy:. We are pleased that you have found us within this tangled interwebs galaxy. We can most definitely assist you in your search for the Truth of :god-fancy:, which — you must be realizing by now — is something that you will not find in the Cathyolick religion.

Now, then, as our beloved Sister Basilissa has requested, I wonder, as well, if you could provide us with your favorite verse from the glorious :kjv1611:? We do have that request (along with a couple of others) at the top of our friendly Introduction Forum page, as you shall see here:

The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

We look forward to getting to know you, Dear; and, please, do feel free to browse through our many forums of :jesus-fancy:-inspired goodness — here, at :forum-fancy:.



Favourite bible verse:


Revelation 16:16

And they assembled them at the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

Arrmageddon means "between the hills", and Međugorje means "between the hills" so think that Međugorje is the possibble exact location of Armageddon. I will put this in my novel. You say your opinion on Armageddon, or baptist view of it in general, so i cna put that also in my novel and make it more interesting...
.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 12-21-2021 09:12 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Hello Adam, and may I offer you the warmest of Landover welcomes! Tell us why, as a Croatian, are you so fascinated by something that happened - or (more likely) didn't happen - in Međugorje, which is in Bosnia and Herzegovina?

Whereabouts in Croatia are you from?

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 12-21-2021 09:20 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJDnow (Post 1292659)
Hello, and welcome to the Landover Baptist Church! If you would start praying to Jesus instead of to popes and saints, I'm sure the Lord would help you find a job. Or are you one of the fifty-percenters who expect the government to subsidize your lazy lifestyle?

That's very true Brother. Too many foreigners come over here with the expectation of a better life - that's elitist against hard working Americans.

I don't know what the culture is like in the OP's country but before he comes here to take our jobs I recommend he take mandatory equity, diversity and inclusivity training. Ask yourself: do you want to be like the short fat guy on the left or his bitchy secretary? The correct answer is BOTH of course.

Basilissa 12-21-2021 10:32 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. M (Post 1292660)
Arrmageddon means "between the hills",

Not true - har megiddo: הר מגיד - means Mount Meggido.

This is Mount Megiddo - in northern Israel, not in former Yugoslavia:


Quote:

and Međugorje means "between the hills" so think that Međugorje is the possibble exact location of Armageddon.
It cannot be, since Mount Meggido (Har Meggido) is in Israel.

However, I'd like to also point out that "between the hills" - which has nothing to do with Armageddon - is a rather common etymology in hilly areas. Here is the picture of the sleepy village Międzygórze (that's western Slavic for "between the hills;" despite different spelling, pronunciation is very similar to Međugorje) in now-Poland, used-to-be Germany:


Quote:

You say your opinion on Armageddon, or baptist view of it in general, so i cna put that also in my novel and make it more interesting...
It is going to happen any time now, because Jesus said that now - right now - there are people alive who will see it happen:

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

I think you and me can agree that Jesus was not talking to His disciples - who have all died 2000 years ago - but directly to us today!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1292661)
Hello Adam, and may I offer you the warmest of Landover welcomes! Tell us why, as a Croatian, are you so fascinated by something that happened - or (more likely) didn't happen - in Međugorje, which is in Bosnia and Herzegovina?

He probably dreams of another war to incorporate it to Serbia or Croatia or whatever.

Aren't Bosniaks all Muslims? I sometimes listen to their Radio Rujnica (no talk, all music) because I find fascinating the combination of Slavic and Arab elements - the language is Slavic but the music is very much Middle Eastern.

Dennis Lukes 12-21-2021 11:31 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1292665)
Aren't Bosniaks all Muslims? I sometimes listen to their Radio Rujnica (no talk, all music) because I find fascinating the combination of Slavic and Arab elements - the language is Slavic but the music is very much Middle Eastern.

Sister, I think you'll find that (despite their protestations to the contrary) Croats, Serbs, and Bosniaks are completely the same thing. In fact, they're all just kinds of Turk.

Johny Joe Hold 12-21-2021 11:46 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Adam M.

Perhaps you could work into your novel a place called Landover Baptist Church and its head Pastor named Pastor Zeke. It would be a place that saved the world from sin and from worship of fake gods. Pastor Zeke would be a heroic figure who crisscrosses the globe saving souls for Jesus.

Even though Landover Baptist is a real place as is Pastor Zeke a real person, both are so exciting they would help any novel.

The Attention Seeker Jen 12-22-2021 12:19 AM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1292670)
Adam M.

Perhaps you could work into your novel a place called Landover Baptist Church and its head Pastor named Pastor Zeke. It would be a place that saved the world from sin and from worship of fake gods. Pastor Zeke would be a heroic figure who crisscrosses the globe saving souls for Jesus.

Even though Landover Baptist is a real place as is Pastor Zeke a real person, both are so exciting they would help any novel.

This is a fantastic idea. And once I return to Barnes & Noble I could totally talk to them about circulating it. We're running short on listings for Christian history.

Phil Ander 12-22-2021 06:51 AM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1292670)
Adam M.

Perhaps you could work into your novel a place called Landover Baptist Church and its head Pastor named Pastor Zeke. It would be a place that saved the world from sin and from worship of fake gods. Pastor Zeke would be a heroic figure who crisscrosses the globe saving souls for Jesus.

Even though Landover Baptist is a real place as is Pastor Zeke a real person, both are so exciting they would help any novel.

Excellent idea. Also for your wonderful idea I would suggest Adam "donates" 15% of the sales to the jet fund, so Zeke can do the criss crossing faster and in style.

Adam. M 12-22-2021 07:38 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Lukes (Post 1292668)
Sister, I think you'll find that (despite their protestations to the contrary) Croats, Serbs, and Bosniaks are completely the same thing. In fact, they're all just kinds of Turk.

This is an insult and historical ignorance, Croatia is called "the bulwark of Christianity" in history for our soldiers stopping the Jihad incursion in Europe done by the Ottoman Turks. The war lasted for centuries. Even the part of Croatia that was conquered by the Turks still had kept its Christian heritage and people there remained Christians, and there is your answer why are there Christians even today in Bosnia.

Adam. M 12-22-2021 07:44 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1292670)
Adam M.

Perhaps you could work into your novel a place called Landover Baptist Church and its head Pastor named Pastor Zeke. It would be a place that saved the world from sin and from worship of fake gods. Pastor Zeke would be a heroic figure who crisscrosses the globe saving souls for Jesus.

Even though Landover Baptist is a real place as is Pastor Zeke a real person, both are so exciting they would help any novel.

Great idea...
Just to prove im real lets make a deal, few days from now, or a week, im planning to publish the first episode in the series of my novel. I will mention Pastor Zeke and Landover baptist Church in my novel, and explicitly write that sentence, that one day they will save the world, and when its proven that i was saying to truth you thank me by spreading my novel in any way you can. If it get famous you folks on this forum will get famous. If its God will it will be like that...

The Attention Seeker Jen 12-22-2021 07:47 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. M (Post 1292694)
Great idea...
If it get famous you folks on this forum will get famous. If its God will it will be like that...

Oh, I'd be really touched, it's just, fame isn't something I ever aspired for or expected. But if it happens, it happens. Do you need [*** SHOCKING OFFER OF PERSONAL DETAILS REMOVED BY GODLY MODERATOR ***] from me to include in your book?

Adam. M 12-22-2021 08:11 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Attention Seeker Jen (Post 1292695)
Oh, I'd be really touched, it's just, fame isn't something I ever aspired for or expected. But if it happens, it happens. Do you need [*** SHOCKING OFFER OF PERSONAL DETAILS REMOVED BY GODLY MODERATOR ***] from me to include in your book?

Lets stick to pastor Zeke and LB Church. Okay, i mention your name also if you wish, but thats it. Awcourse, if the deal is made...


.

Adam. M 12-22-2021 08:26 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1292665)
Not true - har megiddo: הר מגיד - means Mount Meggido.

This is Mount Megiddo - in northern Israel, not in former Yugoslavia:


It cannot be, since Mount Meggido (Har Meggido) is in Israel.

However, I'd like to also point out that "between the hills" - which has nothing to do with Armageddon - is a rather common etymology in hilly areas. Here is the picture of the sleepy village Międzygórze (that's western Slavic for "between the hills;" despite different spelling, pronunciation is very similar to Međugorje) in now-Poland, used-to-be Germany:


It is going to happen any time now, because Jesus said that now - right now - there are people alive who will see it happen:

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

I think you and me can agree that Jesus was not talking to His disciples - who have all died 2000 years ago - but directly to us today!

He probably dreams of another war to incorporate it to Serbia or Croatia or whatever.

Aren't Bosniaks all Muslims? I sometimes listen to their Radio Rujnica (no talk, all music) because I find fascinating the combination of Slavic and Arab elements - the language is Slavic but the music is very much Middle Eastern.

I dont agree...
In Međugorje there are 10 secrets to be revealed to the world soon by Our Lady - this 10 secrets concern the future apocalyptic events, so we will have the chance to see who is telling the truth ! First two secrets will be warnings given to mankind !


https://youtu.be/5-FvMvsnttc

Basilissa 12-22-2021 08:43 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. M (Post 1292699)
I dont agree...

I really don't care if you do agree or not. I stated a fact - that Har Mageddon means "Mount Mageddon," not "[something] between mountains."

There is nothing to agree upon. It's like, you not wanting to agree that putting your hand into fire will result in burns. Sure, go ahead and disagree, and put your hand into fire. I neither lose nor win anything whether you do or don't. I simply stated a fact.

FYI, the Hebrew word for "between" as written in the Old Testament would be bayin or בֵּין :

https://biblehub.com/hebrew/996.htm

So "between mountains" would be something like "bayin har" or "har bayin" depending on Hebrew word order rules.

Har: https://biblehub.com/hebrew/2022.htm

You're welcome.

Adam. M 12-22-2021 09:18 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1292700)
I really don't care if you do agree or not. I stated a fact - that Har Mageddon means "Mount Mageddon," not "[something] between mountains."

There is nothing to agree upon. It's like, you not wanting to agree that putting your hand into fire will result in burns. Sure, go ahead and disagree, and put your hand into fire. I neither lose nor win anything whether you do or don't. I simply stated a fact.

FYI, the Hebrew word for "between" as written in the Old Testament would be bayin or בֵּין :

https://biblehub.com/hebrew/996.htm

So "between mountains" would be something like "bayin har" or "har bayin" depending on Hebrew word order rules.

Har: https://biblehub.com/hebrew/2022.htm

You're welcome.

Its not that simple, the book of revelation is written in greek, not hebrew, only some hebrew words are used. So we dont have a clean text on either language, we have a mixture. Furthermore, there are no exact translations for some hebrew words anywhere. you can only partialy describe the full meaning of the word...


IN HEBREW:
Har means mountain...
Maggedo means something like furrow, or a passage between...


IN CROATIAN:
Gorje means mountain...
Među means beetween...






.

Ezekiel Bathfire 12-22-2021 10:08 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. M (Post 1292642)
I'ma 36-year-old catholic from Croatia,

I'm very sorry. It must be awful for you.
Quote:

I'm trying to incorporate important and controversial questions of today's Christian and Catholic world into a novel, and this way question a whole thing...
We have a lot of information on how evil Catholics are: Catholic Superstition <- Click!

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 12-22-2021 11:31 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. M (Post 1292703)
Its not that simple, the book of revelation is written in greek, not hebrew, only some hebrew words are used. So we dont have a clean text on either language, we have a mixture. Furthermore, there are no exact translations for some hebrew words anywhere. you can only partialy describe the full meaning of the word...

Fortunately there is the King James Bible which is definitively written in proto-American (although still intelligible today).

Basilissa 12-22-2021 11:51 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. M (Post 1292703)
Its not that simple, the book of revelation is written in greek, not hebrew, only some hebrew words are used. So we dont have a clean text on either language, we have a mixture.

And yet you interpret these words in a very specific way that fits your preconceived notions. Can you see a problem here?

Quote:

Furthermore, there are no exact translations for some hebrew words anywhere. you can only partialy describe the full meaning of the word...
That is true for all languages, there are some words that have so complex and nuanced meanings that it's very hard if not impossible to translate them correctly.

However, prepositions are usually very simple to translate.

Quote:

IN HEBREW:
Har means mountain...
Yes.
Quote:

Maggedo means something like furrow, or a passage between...
No.

There is no "maggedo" in Hebrew.
There is, however, "meggido" which has some interesting meanings (:link:) - all nouns, no prepositions.

People who know Hebrew tend not to translate it but leave it as is, as proper name of a place:
https://biblehub.com/topical/a/armageddon.htm

If you wish to convince me otherwise, please link a reputable Hebrew dictionary that translates maggedo or meggido (that's the problem with writing that has no vowels in it...) as "between."

Quote:

IN CROATIAN:
Gorje means mountain...
Među means beetween...
IN POLISH:
Górze means mountain...
Między means between...

...still no relation to Mount Maggedo/Meggido.

MitzaLizalor 12-23-2021 10:05 AM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. M (Post 1292642)
I'm a 36-year-old catholic from Croatia, was Christian since birth but in my early twenties, i have received great graces from God through thefeast of Divine Mercy and the accompanying rosary that is prayed as apart of that devotion. Since I'm geographically close to this I had many encounters with Međugorje and father Zlatko Sudac, where I also received great graces... I'm an unemployed writer. I'm writing a novel recently where I'm trying to incorporate important and controversial questions of today's Christian and Catholic world into a novel, and this way question a whole thing...

Hi, welcome to the forum.

If I follow the first part of your post it seems that
1. you were born
2. something happened to corrupt your birth condition, as you've described it, and turn you into a catholic
3. after twenty years you experienced something from God
4. if God's grace washttps://www.landoverbaptist.net/atta...4&d=1609706997https://www.landoverbaptist.net/atta...4&d=1609706997involved, the outcome must be to end your involvement with idols and idolatrous creeds
5. but you still seem to be obsessing over rosaries and praying to a dead woman
Or are you simply indexing heresies for inclusion in your book? Christians understand that nothing of divine origin ever masquerades as coming from deceased persons (such as Mary) and is never associated with pagan prayer beads or rites venerating idols. Have I understood correctly, or have I missed something?

Adam. M 12-23-2021 06:51 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1292709)
And yet you interpret these words in a very specific way that fits your preconceived notions. Can you see a problem here?

That is true for all languages, there are some words that have so complex and nuanced meanings that it's very hard if not impossible to translate them correctly.

However, prepositions are usually very simple to translate.

Yes.No.

There is no "maggedo" in Hebrew.
There is, however, "meggido" which has some interesting meanings (:link:) - all nouns, no prepositions.

People who know Hebrew tend not to translate it but leave it as is, as proper name of a place:
https://biblehub.com/topical/a/armageddon.htm

If you wish to convince me otherwise, please link a reputable Hebrew dictionary that translates maggedo or meggido (that's the problem with writing that has no vowels in it...) as "between."

IN POLISH:
Górze means mountain...
Między means between...

...still no relation to Mount Maggedo/Meggido.

Since revelation is written in greek we dont know the full context of why did apostole John use some words in hebrew, it is more likely that he was using hebrew word to descibe something that has nothing to do with Israel, but has to do with narrow pass...


Write in google "meggido narrow pass" and you will see results - importance of Meggido is that it guarded the narrow pass that was of strategical value. Meggido was important for Israle because it was simbol and a similarity for narrow pass - not as a actual word but as their historical startegical point, so it did had signifucance of a narrow pass...


Here is from wikipedia article, but you have many others...


Megiddo was important in the ancient world. It guarded the western branch of a narrow pass on the most important trade route of the ancient Fertile Crescent, linking Egypt with Mesopotamia and Asia Minor and known today as Via Maris. Because of its strategic location, Megiddo was the site of several battles. It was inhabited approximately from 6500 to 600 BCE,[8] or even since around 7000 BCE,[9] though the first significant remains date to the Chalcolithic period (4500–3500 BCE).




Anyway i didnt come here to argue, in my book i will write first and foremost about the greatness of Gods Mercy, and how it is revealed to Saint Faustina Kowalska that this mercy is so great that only those who willingly wanna go to hell are condemned. In my first episode i will write about the the obstacles inside church this truth was faced and about the sacrifice made for salvation of human souls and for this truth to be published...

Basilissa 12-23-2021 07:29 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. M (Post 1292738)
Since revelation is written in greek we dont know the full context of why did apostole John use some words in hebrew, it is more likely that he was using hebrew word to descibe something that has nothing to do with Israel, but has to do with narrow pass...

Why? What is the Hebrew word or expression for "narrow pass"? Is it phonetically similar to "meggido?"

Quote:

Write in google "meggido narrow pass" and you will see results - importance of Meggido is that it guarded the narrow pass that was of strategical value. Meggido was important for Israle because it was simbol and a similarity for narrow pass - not as a actual word but as their historical startegical point, so it did had signifucance of a narrow pass...
I agree that given that the Revelation was written in Greek, any explanation is purely speculative - yes, that includes your explanation. However, there is little doubt that "har" refers to "Mount."

But, if you want to convince me, you really need to show me that Megiddo means "between."

Your argument, as I understand it, goes like this:

If:
A. Megiddo is mentioned in the Bible (11 times).
B. The site of Megiddo, as located by modern scholars, happens to have a narrow pass nearby.
C. The writer of Revelation 16:16 described the place of the final battle as "Armageddon."

Then:
The place of the final battle does not refer to a place actually called Armageddon, but rather describes a random place which name refers to a random feature that is possessed by the site of Megiddo.

Can you see the problem in your logical thinking there?

The A, B, C clauses are certainly true: Megiddo is a location mentioned in the Bible (although never in context of a narrow passage), the site as identified by archaeologists does include a narrow pass (which is a very common feature for defensive sites), and the Revelation does talk about the place being called Armageddon.

But from these true clauses to your conclusion, there are a lot of far fetched assumptions and speculations. There are millions of fortresses guarding a narrow pass all over the world - it's called building in a strategic location. The narrow pass might be nearby, and also a source of water should be nearby, and also an ancient road should be somewhere in the area - these are all common characteristics of fortresses. In other words, the presence of a narrow pass is not a differentiating feature of Mount Maggido.

Quote:

Anyway i didnt come here to argue, in my book i will write first and foremost about the greatness of Gods Mercy, and how it is revealed to Saint Faustina Kowalska that this mercy is so great that only those who willingly wanna go to hell are condemned.
We are Baptists, so we don't really care what some kind of a schizophrenic lunatic (what you call a "saint") was mindlessly babbling about. We prefer to trust the Holy Bible, and the Holy Bible clearly says that everyone who died without accepting Jesus as his/her Savior goes to Hell:

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I hope this was helpful. Yes, that means that babies who died in their infancy are also condemned to Hell. The same goes for heathens who lived their whole lives and died without ever hearing about Jesus (such as the Indians in the Americas before Columbus).

Please stop trusting that crazy Faustyna person. :thumbdown: She clearly has never read the Bible, which means she will be burning in Hell for eternity.

MitzaLizalor 12-23-2021 09:45 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. M (Post 1292738)
Megiddo was important in the ancient world. It guarded the western branch of a narrow pass on the most important trade route of the ancient Fertile Crescent, linking Egypt with Mesopotamia and Asia Minor and known today as Via Maris. Because of its strategic location, Megiddo was the site of several battles. It was inhabited approximately from 6500 to 600 BCE, or even since around 7000 BCE, though the first significant remains date to the Chalcolithic period (4500–3500 BCE).

It is now almost 2,022 years since Christ (unless you think BCE refers to Caesar) so the following dates apply:

6500 BC = 8,521 years before present
7000 BC = 9,021 years before present
4500 BC = 6,521 years before present

3500 BC = 5,521 years before present

What evidence do you have for the yellow-highlighted dates? This would seem to be 4,517 and 5,017 and 2,517 years respectively before the world even existed! I'm still interested in what happened during your 20s to change your outlook and by what expedient you know how many "revelations" are pending if they haven't happened yet?

Thanks.

Adam. M 12-23-2021 10:44 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1292747)
It is now almost 2,022 years since Christ (unless you think BCE refers to Caesar) so the following dates apply:

6500 BC = 8,521 years before present
7000 BC = 9,021 years before present
4500 BC = 6,521 years before present

3500 BC = 5,521 years before present

What evidence do you have for the yellow-highlighted dates? This would seem to be 4,517 and 5,017 and 2,517 years respectively before the world even existed! I'm still interested in what happened during your 20s to change your outlook and by what expedient you know how many "revelations" are pending if they haven't happened yet?

Thanks.

In the last days, there will be signs of the sun...
These signs accompany Marian apparitions (Fatima, Međugorje...) and they accompany divine mercy feast...


Here is the proof, witnessed by 10 000 people on the day of divine mercy - we celebrate it on the first Sunday after Easter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF0_ysUivxE


You ask me for my early twenties - I have experienced personal miracles related to this feast. I felt the love that God supernaturally has for me and it did include supernatural light that appeared out of nowhere all around me. Many Catholics I know experienced the same thing...
I don't have the time and energy to persuade anybody into anything. I will write my novel and explain everything there. I will pray for you and I hope you will pray for me. That's all. Until my novel is out I'm done with arguments...

Didymus Much 12-23-2021 11:00 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. M (Post 1292749)
...it did include supernatural light that appeared out of nowhere all around me...

Oh, yeah? I had that, too, but with weird music. Mine was a major dose of LSD, tho. Still looked/felt awesome. :D

Johny Joe Hold 12-23-2021 11:33 PM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. M (Post 1292749)
I don't have the time and energy to persuade anybody into anything. I will write my novel and explain everything there. I will pray for you and I hope you will pray for me. That's all. Until my novel is out I'm done with arguments...

I am praying you include Landover Baptist and its hero, Pastor Zeke, in your novel. I'm sure we could bypass all licensing fees. It would be great for Landover Baptist and for you as well.

Adam. M 12-24-2021 12:48 AM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1292753)
I am praying you include Landover Baptist and its hero, Pastor Zeke, in your novel. I'm sure we could bypass all licensing fees. It would be great for Landover Baptist and for you as well.

I will do that, i promise...


.

MitzaLizalor 12-24-2021 01:55 AM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
II Corinthians 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
What is this "occasion" God refers to here? There are many ways mock God and your references to "signs of the sun," "Marian apparitions," "Fatima," "Međugorje" and so on are good examples. Dead people can't do anything because they're dead. That seems to be a point you have trouble understanding. We do know that one day they will be resurrected. If they were not dead, how could they be resurrected? As deceased persons obviously we'd have no awareness of time passing so however long it was (for Daniel or Mary or Attila The Hun) they'd all experience zero time between death and resurrection. In the meantime, here and now, they're just dead. Mary is dead: she can't do anything. Attila is dead: he can't do anything. Daniel is dead: he can't do anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus
John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Now if some fantastic occasion were cooked up with nebulous light shows and apparitions purporting to be Mary (or Attila The Hun for that matter) and randoms having fits etc., clearly that can be nothing to do with God. It is not divine. What other possibilities are there? I've made a chart for you:


Anyone having an apparition of any deceased person is not having a divine experience. Fot such a thing to happen, The Bible would need to be false and Jesus would need to be lying. There are other phenomena involving light however, and entities masquerading as Apostles or seers with grifters cleaning up on tacky plastic idols and ice cream sales, overnight accommodation, food and drinks, the whole panoply of goods and services demanded wherever these false occasions are established.
II Corinthians 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. M
I have experienced personal miracles related to this feast. I felt the love that God supernaturally has for me and it did include supernatural light that appeared out of nowhere all around me. Many Catholics I know experienced the same thing

Jesus is alive. Mary is dead. All the Romish "saints" are dead (although I've heard the Anglicans are about to create a live one for the first time in 500 years but he can't last much longer and when he dies you won't be able to pray to him either) and no statue can do anything—except fall over—so make sure you're praying to something real before you dissipate your energies.

In Christ.

Dennis Lukes 12-24-2021 04:03 AM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1292753)
I am praying you include Landover Baptist and its hero, Pastor Zeke, in your novel. I'm sure we could bypass all licensing fees. It would be great for Landover Baptist and for you as well.

Then maybe they could make a movie based on the novel so the public would actually know the story. I'm thinking John Cena could play the role of Zeke's body, but they mo-cap in actor Glenn Howerton to portray the face and voice of the man himself, as he is obviously too busy for such trifling matters as starring in Academy Award-winning Hollywood blockbuster biopics. All profits from the film (tentatively titled True Christian™: The Ezekiel Flint Story) would naturally be tithed to LBC.

Roland 12-27-2021 02:26 AM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Ander (Post 1292681)
Excellent idea. Also for your wonderful idea I would suggest Adam "donates" 15% of the sales to the jet fund, so Zeke can do the criss crossing faster and in style.

That is a good reminder. Are the funds there yet? It seems like a great project: Pastor Zeke flies!

WWJDnow 12-28-2021 06:03 AM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Lukes (Post 1292668)
Sister, I think you'll find that (despite their protestations to the contrary) Croats, Serbs, and Bosniaks are completely the same thing. In fact, they're all just kinds of Turk.

Which is just another kind of A-rab.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 12-28-2021 07:32 AM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJDnow (Post 1292920)
Which is just another kind of A-rab.

It's A-rabs and Messicans, everywhere. And limeys.

Emily Brent 12-28-2021 08:36 AM

Re: Hy from Croatia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1292923)
It's A-rabs and Messicans, everywhere.



A stink of depravity; Godless deserts of vice. And Jews. Don't forget. Whenever there's a problem. Jews...are especially at the bottom of it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:10 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2022 all rights reserved