The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Godly Politics (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Dumb Kansans can't read straight for toffee (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=120295)

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 08-03-2022 08:08 AM

Dumb Kansans can't read straight for toffee

Despite the wordy double negative rollercoaster ride that Kansans took when voting to not forbid repealing the ban on preventing abortion, they have voted YES NO to unrepeal instead of NO YES to anti-unrepeal "them both".
Quote:

Kansas votes to protect abortion rights in state constitution

Kansans turned out to vote in heavy numbers on Tuesday, in a referendum brought by the Kansas Republican legislature that was criticized for being misleading, fraught with misinformation and voter suppression tactics.

After failing to get a more directly named referendum, “Kansas No State Constitutional Right to Abortion”, on the ballot in 2020, Republicans switched tactics, naming this amendment “Value Them Both”.

The vote was scheduled for August, when voter turnout is historically low, particularly among independents and Democrats, and the wording on the ballot paper was criticized for being unclear.
The “No” campaign – uhh, protecting abortion rights? – is strongly ahead in the referendum with 62% of the vote with the majority of ballots counted.

WWJDnow 08-03-2022 09:18 AM

Re: Dumb Kansans can't read straight for toffee

I couldn't possibly fail to disagree with this ballot initiative less.

I have a few jokes about Kansas:

Q: Why did OJ Simpson want to move to Kansas?
A: Because everyone in Kansas has the same DNA.

Q: What separates a good football team from a horrendous football team?
A: The Iowa-Kansas border.

Q: Why did Wichita State disband its water polo team?
A: All the horses drowned.

Q: Why did Kansas raise it's minimum drinking age from 21 to 25?
A: They wanted to keep alcohol out of their high schools.

Q: How can you tell if someone in Kansas is married?
A: The tobacco spit stains are on both sides of his pickup truck.

Q: What do a divorce in Alabama, a tornado in Kansas, and a hurricane in Florida have in common?
A: Somebody's fixin' to lose themself a trailer.

God love 'em, the folk in Kansas are usually excellent Christians and excellent Republicans--and they make an excellent buffer zone against the crazies in Wyoming--but they really are just so gosh durned dumb it's beyond belief.

Johny Joe Hold 08-03-2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1301401)
– is strongly ahead in the referendum with 62% of the vote with the majority of ballots counted.

I've been in politics a long time and can tell you for certain this was actually a vote in Kansas to end all abortions. What does the average Godly voter think a "NO" vote means? It has to mean NO to abortion. But liberals used a trick to get what they wanted, murder of babies.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 08-03-2022 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJDnow (Post 1301402)
I couldn't possibly fail to disagree with this ballot initiative less.

That doesn't unsurprize me, Brother. I share your... disappointment?... on this issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1301403)
What does the average Godly voter think a "NO" vote means? It has to mean NO to abortion. But liberals used a trick to get what they wanted, murder of babies.

Not to worry Brother Mayor, it's not over til the fat lady gives birth. Anti-abortion groups have vowed to fight on: “The mainstream media propelled the left’s false narrative, contributing to the confusion that misled Kansans about the amendment. Our movement and campaign have proven our resolve and commitment. We will not abandon women and babies.”

Kansans don't get it (yet) - there is no choice. Even if you vote for it, you can't have it because that's the law laid down by Sweet Baby Jesus, not some poxy We The People. Kansas better step in line with the Supreme Court's ruling - the latest one, not the previous two - asap or there will be 374,611 angry voters. I've already texted the governor she needs to find 159,521 extra votes.

Johny Joe Hold 08-03-2022 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1301412)
That doesn't surprize me, Brother. I share your... disappointment?... on this issue.
Not to worry Brother Mayor, it's not over til the fat lady gives birth. Anti-abortion groups have vowed to fight on: .... I've already texted the governor she needs to find 159,521 extra votes.

Good work, Dr. Toole. The entire Kansas thing doesn't smell right. There just has to have been some fraud in counting the votes. Demanding a recount seems reasonable. Also, I'd like to here from anyone who saw ballots being delivered in garbage bags or after normal business hours. Rudy reported a lot of that went on during the 2020 election Biden stole.

There is plenty of work to be done to get this thing corrected.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 08-03-2022 08:17 PM

Seriously, though, should Kansans even have been allowed to vote on this non-issue? I mean, if they can't even understand the perfectly clear explanatory statements accompanying the ballot, they probably shouldn't be allowed to clean their own teeth.

Johny Joe Hold 08-03-2022 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1301418)
Seriously, though, should Kansans even have been allowed to vote on this non-issue? I mean, if they can't even understand the perfectly clear explanatory statements accompanying the ballot, they probably shouldn't be allowed to clean their own teeth.

I was proud of our Godly Republican friends in Kansas. They did everything exactly right. Just a day or two before the election they blanketed the state with emails instructing voters to vote "yes" if they wanted to keep abortion rights. This was, or course, exactly the opposite of what abortion rights voters should have done. Their side was a NO vote.

But, the NO side prevailed against the will of God. God will get His revenge in the sands of time. He always does.

https://truthout.org/articles/kansas...ion-amendment/

its_faith 08-03-2022 10:44 PM

Its the liberals fault for making the ballot confusing.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 08-04-2022 12:55 AM

Other states should heed the warning: ballots are complicated and unpredictable. The whole thing is biased towards "choice" anyway, which gives an unfair advantage to the other side. Giving people the choice whether they can choose to have an abortion is de facto pro-choice.

Mary Etheldreda 08-04-2022 03:51 AM

Most people in Kansas are members of the United Methodist Church. Do you know who else is a Methodist? Hillary Clinton.

Need I say more?

WWJDnow 08-04-2022 05:03 AM

No choice is the only choice!

Johny Joe Hold 08-04-2022 02:17 PM

We must all remember, the fight against sin goes on. Our donations to the fight must continue. Thousands of people were on the payroll fighting abortion in Kansas. We need to keep them on our team or they will move on.

To donate and keep them employed in our fight against sin call 1-888-STOP-SIN. Operators are waiting to take your call.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 08-04-2022 03:41 PM

**Donations are tax exempt if done through a religious organization :thumbsup:

WWJDnow 08-04-2022 08:53 PM

Donations for political activities aren't tax deductible. That's why all Landover Baptist Church efforts to fight abortion are phrased in a purely religious context: "Jesus wants you to vote yes." "When you vote for abortion 'rights,' remember, Jesus is watching you and weeping." "What if Mary had aborted little baby Jesus?" "Abortion to save the life of the mother is playing God."

MitzaLizalor 08-04-2022 09:23 PM

Jesus would be one of the "exceptions" wouldn't He?

its_faith 08-05-2022 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1301430)
Most people in Kansas are members of the United Methodist Church. Do you know who else is a Methodist? Hillary Clinton.

Need I say more?

Didnt that John Brown guy who wanted to free the coloreds come from Kansas?

WWJDnow 08-06-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its_faith (Post 1301482)
Didnt that John Brown guy who wanted to free the coloreds come from Kansas?

Do you mean this guy? I think he was born in South Carolina.

I guess it makes sense, given that he plays the Devil's music and is a negro himself, that he'd free negro slaves. But even given his advanced age, I don't see how the timing could work for a slave rebellion. Maybe it was some other James Brown.