The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Don't Forget, Jesus Lost an Election But Won Anyway (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=118344)

Johny Joe Hold 12-13-2020 10:13 PM

Don't Forget, Jesus Lost an Election But Won Anyway

In all of the hand wringing about the recent election we have forgotten about a great big one. When Jesus was on trail Pontius Pilate asked the assembled Jews to vote on Jesus. The question he asked was whether Jesus should be crucified or not? Voters chose to crucify Him.

We know from history, however, Jesus won by arising from the dead on the third day. He has ruled the world ever since.

So, lets not get too pessimistic about the claim of a Biden victory. President Trump will rise to rule again--I'm sure of it.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 12-13-2020 10:25 PM

Re: Don't Forget, Jesus Lost an Election But Won Anyway

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1277987)
We know from history, however, Jesus won by arising from the dead on the third day. He has ruled the world ever since.

It is possibly worth mentioning, Brother Mr Mayor Sir, that it is now 40 days (and within hours of being also 40 nights) since the stolen election. Surely it is time for the President to return from the wilderness!

Isabella White 12-14-2020 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

So, lets not get too pessimistic about the claim of a Biden victory. President Trump will rise to rule again--I'm sure of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1277989)
It is possibly worth mentioning, Brother Mr Mayor Sir, that it is now 40 days (and within hours of being also 40 nights) since the stolen election. Surely it is time for the President to return from the wilderness!

Amen, dear Sister Joanna and Brother Mayor Hold! Mark my words, we will see our glorious President Trump returning in tremendous victory from a great battle, where he will have defeated the onslaught from the forces of the evil Demonrats! Sleepy Joe Biden will be forced to return to his rocking chair in the nursing home, to live out the rest of his days in complete humiliation and defeat. And to the :lord-fancy: :jesus-fancy: :christ-fancy: goeth the :glory:

Johny Joe Hold 12-14-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella White (Post 1278013)
Amen, dear Sister Joanna and Brother Mayor Hold! Mark my words, we will see our glorious President Trump returning in tremendous victory from a great battle, where he will have defeated the onslaught from the forces of the evil Demonrats! Sleepy Joe Biden will be forced to return to his rocking chair in the nursing home, to live out the rest of his days in complete humiliation and defeat. And to the :lord-fancy: :jesus-fancy: :christ-fancy: goeth the :glory:

I don't want to go off the deep end in speculation here, none of us knows the mind of God. That said, I can't help but share my thoughts.

The next deadline in the process of government is Jan. 20. Of course, that is the date when a new President would be sworn in. Perhaps, just perhaps, God has a plan to stop this from happening. We know He wants President Trump to remain at the helm. If there were a storm so powerful Biden could not reach the White House to be sworn in, Jan. 20 would go by and no new President. The present one would just remain.

I continue to pray this is not over yet.

Isabella White 12-14-2020 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1278018)
I don't want to go off the deep end in speculation here, none of us knows the mind of God. That said, I can't help but share my thoughts.

The next deadline in the process of government is Jan. 20. Of course, that is the date when a new President would be sworn in. Perhaps, just perhaps, God has a plan to stop this from happening. We know He wants President Trump to remain at the helm. If there were a storm so powerful Biden could not reach the White House to be sworn in, Jan. 20 would go by and no new President. The present one would just remain.

I continue to pray this is not over yet.

Have no fear, dear Brother Mayor Hold -- the :lord-fancy: :jesus-fancy: is still on the throne, and He is in control of this situation. Our beloved President Trump has nothing to worry about!

Ezekiel Bathfire 12-15-2020 01:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Cranky Old Man 12-15-2020 02:12 AM

Quote:

So, lets not get too pessimistic about the claim of a Biden victory.

Has Biden still not given up on that? Why does Biden keep pretending over and over and over and over again while every decent white male American knows for sure Trump will remain our president until he is crowned king? This is getting tiresome.

Dennis Lukes 12-15-2020 02:14 AM

Jesus let Hitler win an election too.

handmaiden 12-16-2020 12:00 AM

I don't mind telling you--I am so looking forward to Christ's Return. This whole election/counting process has been a bit much. And who knows what sort of a mess the inauguration process could descend into?

Surely Jesus will do something to keep a woman from getting so close to the presidency. The very idea of a female Vice President should have drove off votes in droves.

The Republicans certainly knew better than to put forward such a choice.

James Hutchins 12-16-2020 12:57 AM

Trump, like Jesus and the Confederate States, will Rise Again! Mark my words, go ahead, mark them.
:jesus:

Cranky Old Man 12-16-2020 01:08 AM

Why is Mitch McConnell suddenly congratulating Joe Biden?????????? :fear2:

handmaiden 12-16-2020 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 1278085)
Why is Mitch McConnell suddenly congratulating Joe Biden?????????? :fear2:

Good question. On an unrelated note, Putin congratulated Biden as well.

Dennis Lukes 12-16-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1278089)
Good question. On an unrelated note, Putin congratulated Biden as well.

On January 20, 2021, Mr. Putin--a Russian--will become Leader of the Free World. That's so ironic that only the will of God could have made it happen.