The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover to the Rescue - Christian Help Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Is Your Child a Godless Goth? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=125)

SalvationSeeker 11-16-2007 05:51 PM

Re: Is Your Child A Goth?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr NoName (Post 108650)
It's essentially a misscommunication between the mind and the eye. I'm seeing a d but my mind interprets it as a b.

So, to cut a long story short: You're not right in the head.
Did you ride the shortbus when you went to school too? :glare:

Spike. 11-17-2007 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 1710)
If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!

Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your child may
have gone astray from the Lord. Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure
and often dangerous culture that young teenagers are prone to
participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds
into an imagined world of evil, darkness, and violence. Please seek
immediate attention through counselling, prayer, and parental
guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the
following are applicable to your child:

1-Frequently wears black clothing.OR HE JUST LIKES BLACK.
2-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.DOES CHRIST ROCK COUNT?YES YES IT DOES.
3-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.WHY?
4-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include:SILVER,WHY SILVER WHY NOT GOLD,OR ALUMINUM?
reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other
Satanic worshipping symbols.
5-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.UMM...YOUR DUMB YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT?
6-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music.DESCRIBE PLZ.
(Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against
the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)SOURSES PLEASE.
7-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak
eccentrically.YOU MEAN PEOPLE WHO SPEAK OUT AGAINST SUCH LUDICRIS IDEAS OF god AND HAVE A MIND OF THIER OWN.HOW CLICHE.
8-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the
Bible, prayer, church or sports.I am retarded.ONLY ONE INTREST ME AND THATS PAINTBALL.
9-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult,
witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.DEATH ISNT SATAN,SAYING THAT YOUR SAYING EVERYONE WORSHIPS SATAN EVEN YOU BECAUSE YOU WILL DIE ONE DAY.
10-Takes drugs.PROBLY TO ESCAPE THE REALITY THAT YOU CALL A HOME,YOUR A BAD PARENT.
11-Drinks alcohol.SEE ABOVE,Im GOING TO NEED A SHOT AFTER THIS ACTULLY.
12-Is suicidal and/or depressed.EVERYONE GETS DEPRESSED AND SUICIDAL IS NOT A SIGN OF GOTH.
13-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation.
(This is a that uses pain to detract from the light of God
and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local
mental health center.)SOURCES,AND YEA GET HELP BUT NOT FOR THE REASON YOU SAID.
14-Complains of boredom.IM BORED,DOES THAT MAKE ME A GOTH,NO IT DOES NOT.IT MEANS IM BORED WHAT CAN I DO TO ALIVIEATE MYSELF FROM THE BORDEM.
15-Sleeps too excessively or too little.LOL INSOMNIA.
16-Is excessively awake during the night.LOL BORDOM.
17-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to
vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)OR IS ALBINO,SUNLIGHT HURTS THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE SENSITVE TO LIGHT DUE TO LACK OF PIGMENT.
18-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.LOL TO HIDE THE WEED AND WHISKEY.
19-Spends large amounts of time alone.LOL TO DRINK,SMOKE,AND MASTURBATE.
20-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child
may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)UMM..NO AND UH SOURCES PLEASE.
21-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an
adult.LOL YOU ARE A IDIOT.TIME WITH YOU MUST SEEM LIKE HELL.
22-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders
are but a few examples of this.THOUGHT YOU PEOPLE DIDNT LIKE KTTYLIKR PRIEST?LOL PARODOX.
23-Misbehaves at school.THATS NOT THE DEVIL,ITS THE WHISKEY.
24-Misbehaves at home.ITS BECAUSE YOU FOLLOW HIM AROUND EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY AND GIVE HIM NO PRIVACY,ID KILL YOU WITH A BALLPEEN HAMMER IS YOU DID THAT TO ME.
25-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of
this.UH I THINK THE NAME IS COUNT CHOCULA,NOT DRACULA.AND SINCE WHEN ARE FOODS BAD.
26-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires
believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and
should be stopped immediately.)YES DO ACT,BECAUSE HE COULD GET HEP.C.
27-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources.UMMM....ALL TV AND RADIO AND ANY OTHER GOVERMENT CONTROLLED THING IS CORRUPTED.WOW NONE OF YOU HAVE CABLE,HOW ARE YOU NOT BORED!
(Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)LOL VEGGIE TALES.
28-Plays videos games that contains violence or are of a role-playing
nature.EVERY VIDIO GAME IS OF ROLE PLAYING NATURE.
29-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the
computer.LOL TO MASTURBATE TO THE GEY SHOWS.I am retarded.WAIT HOW CAN HE WHEN YOU FOLLOW HIM AROUND.AND DONT YOU MAKE TIME FOR TEH INTERWEBS TO GET ON HERE.LOL OXYmormon.
30-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.THATS CALLED METAL.IM A FAN.IM NOT GOTH.*POUNDS HEAD TO METTALLICA**GETS DIZZY AND FALLS DOWN GOING OW OW OW OW*
31-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.I am retarded MICHAL JACKSON STYLE.
32-Expresses an interest in sex.UMMMM EVERYONE DOES THAT.ITS CALLED NATURE OR DO YOU NOT BELIVE IN THAT AS WELL.
33-Masturbates.14 TIMES TODAY FOR ME THANK YOU VERY MUCH,IN FACKT IM GOING TO DO IT RIGHT NOW.*IM LONELY*
34-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.I am retarded YOUR KID IS TEH GEH.
35-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism,
Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.UMMM SOURCES PLOXOR.
36-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various
phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".NEVER SEEN SUCH A PIN,EVER,IN THE EXISTANCE OF EVER.
37-Claims to be a goth.NO SHIT SHIRLOCK.

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene
immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it.
If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental
health center.

I THINK ALL OF THEM APPLY TO EVERYONE.EVER.IN THE HISTORY OF EVER.

Mr NoName 11-17-2007 11:11 AM

You got part of that right, I am definately not right in the head. Makes life more intresting I must say, but no I never rode the short buss. I always wondered why they made short busses? One would think it would be more cost effective to simply use one of the many full size ones they have sitting in the yard half the time?

As to my question, what signifies a goths outfit as being "evil" ?

bluefire 11-18-2007 07:32 PM

You WHAT! There is a Count Dracula Cereal! :rofl3:
AHahahahahahahahahahahaha! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhaha... hahaha... ha... hehe... he... Newho... Goth is just a stereotype. Therefore you'd have to be live up to all of those points to be a true goth. Anyone who doesn't fulfil them all if not more is only a 'wannabe' or else something completely different. Anyone can portray five of these points if you look hard enough. Although the whole claiming to be a goth is a bit of a dead cert

Zephaniah 11-18-2007 07:34 PM

If you thought that post was worthwhile, you were sadly mistaken. Get saved or shut up. "Goth" isn't a stereotype, it's a cancer eating at the heart of right thinking society and turning our youth into suicidal wiccan Satanist liberals. Get your facts right, please.

bluefire 11-18-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephaniah (Post 109568)
If you thought that post was worthwhile, you were sadly mistaken. Get saved or shut up. "Goth" isn't a stereotype, it's a cancer eating at the heart of right thinking society and turning our youth into suicidal wiccan Satanist liberals. Get your facts right, please.

Hey Calmit Kermit! I know someone who claims to be a goth and yet she's never uttered a suicidal word in her life. She has everything she needs and is perfectly happy. The only thing gothic about her is that she sometimes wears a pentagram on a necklace but she doesn't really know what it means at all. So she may think she's a goth because of what she wears but really she's just a wannabe. By judging her clothes you would have her as a suicidal wreck but anyone who knows her will tell you she's the happiest, bubbliest and livliest thing you'll ever see. She doesn't live up to the stereotype at all.

Marshall 11-18-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluefire (Post 109571)
The only thing gothic about her is that she sometimes wears a pentagram on a necklace but she doesn't really know what it means at all.

So wearing a Satanic sign around her neck means what to her?
It's a pentagram for crying out loud! She might as well be cutting off cat heads and throwing them at schoolkids(thats what Goths do). You cannot wear the sign of the Devil and expect to be treated like a normal person. Goths are of the Devil for that very reason, the ones who wear that stuff and KNOW what it means and the ones who don't have a clue. Either way you're going to Hell.

Metal Moses 11-18-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall (Post 109590)
It's a pentagram for crying out loud! She might as well be cutting off cat heads and throwing them at schoolkids(thats what Goths do).

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA!!!

Just like all people from Iowa are child rapists and animal sodomites

Marshall 11-18-2007 11:49 PM

Again, there is no historic evidence to back up that vile statement. There is plenty of proof that Devil worshipers sacrifice animals and torment Christians.
Now if you're just going to toss unbased insults like a spanked baby then you can depart from our church forever.

WilliamJenningsBryan 11-19-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr NoName (Post 108650)
Nope not a sociopath, or a nerd.....haven't seen a nerdy construction worker before. It's essentially a misscommunication between the mind and the eye. I'm seeing a d but my mind interprets it as a b. Only in my case it can get as bad as seeing entire words or sentences in reverse. Although at this point in my life I pretty much just misspell or swap word placement. Gets a little old affter a while, especially when my major was literature! What a headache.

That being said does a goths outfit really identify them as evil? I mean black has long been associated with the clergy of all Christ affiliated mideast centered faiths. Unless your in Asia then it's white for everything, but then we aren't talking about there are we? I wonder if Asian goths wear all white with black face makeup? kinda a photo negative mime thing? So then does black signify evil is that what is being said?

The Roman Cathylick priests and nuns do indeed wear black and that should tell you something right there about their Satanic cult. The cathylicks were in their heyday in the Middle Ages which is why the goths like to emulate them.

We have had some unconfirmed sightings of goths in Australia wearing white, but then again everything in the Southern Hemisphere is reversed (even the water in their toilets swirl in the opposite direction). Goths that occasionally wander in around Freehold at night have a disproportionately high incidence of being run over and killed by automobiles. If you think of it logically, that is not the safest thing to do as you can't be seen very well. There may be some movement for goths to dress in white for safety reasons, although they seem to all want to die anyway. You could probably call them "Visigoths".

Mr NoName 11-19-2007 06:37 AM

It's not just the Catholics who wear black. It's a surpriseingly large number of clergy. Then again they also wear white. Usually called vestments aren't they? I would have thought with the Cathlic faith being at it's highest numbers ever now that this would be there heyday?

I like the "Visigoths" throw in but shouldnt it be "Visagoths"? The correct spelling might confuse people with the germanic tribes from 300-700AD.

WilliamJenningsBryan 11-19-2007 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr NoName (Post 109677)
It's not just the Catholics who wear black. It's a surpriseingly large number of clergy. Then again they also wear white. Usually called vestments aren't they? I would have thought with the Cathlic faith being at it's highest numbers ever now that this would be there heyday?

I like the "Visigoths" throw in but shouldnt it be "Visagoths"? The correct spelling might confuse people with the germanic tribes from 300-700AD.

At least you display some knowledge of history, but you need to dig deeper. While the cathylick church is larger in numbers in the present day, their power and influence as a percentage of population in the world has been waning for centuries. Indeed, their present status has been largely reduced to their core values of boy buggering. Those "vestments" largely allow them to practice their heinous crimes while maintaining a façade of legitimacy and gravitas. You can almost date it to 1546 when Martin Luther nailed a copy of his feces to the Castle Church door in Wittenberg and thus starting the protestant reformation. We here at Landover would date True Christianity™ with the King James Bible (1611).

I would not like to confuse "Visagoths" with the well-known credit card trade name. The Germanic Tribes sacked the Roman Provinces and destroyed civilization, much like the present day goths are attempting to do.

Mr NoName 11-19-2007 09:19 AM

While percentage is important couldn't that decline be traced to the unmitigated explosion of population in the far east? Specifically India and China? I mean when 1/6 of the worlds entire population is in one country(china) and they are all either Taoists or Buddhist that tends to dilute numbers a bit no?

I don't know if I'd say that the Goths destroyed the Romans so much as there own failure to maintain infrastructure, and highly corrupted political makeup did the work for them. The roman did continue on for another 700 years after the Visigoths (till roughly 1450AD) That being said maybe "Visablegoths" would work better? We could buy them all high visibility jackets so they could still wear black at night, but reduce the number of roadside accidents?

So it's not what they wear then it's what they believe? So then I asked before I think(don't really feel like looking) Could you have a plain cloths goth? and if you did have a person dressed normally who believed in the same things as goths do how would you define them? are they still a Goth?

bluefire 11-19-2007 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall (Post 109590)
So wearing a Satanic sign around her neck means what to her?
It's a pentagram for crying out loud! She might as well be cutting off cat heads and throwing them at schoolkids(thats what Goths do). You cannot wear the sign of the Devil and expect to be treated like a normal person. Goths are of the Devil for that very reason, the ones who wear that stuff and KNOW what it means and the ones who don't have a clue. Either way you're going to Hell.

But that was my point, she doesn't know what it means. they sell them everywhere nowadays as a fashion icon. So being that ignorant and using it purely to look good and conform to a style, surely she's making a mockery out of them rather than being one of them. Fair enough by wearing one she's doomed herself in the eyes of God but i wouldn't have thought it would have made her a true full on darkness-is-all-my-being goth.

Satan's little boy 11-20-2007 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 1710)
If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!

Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your child may
have gone astray from the Lord. Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure
and often dangerous culture that young teenagers are prone to
participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds
into an imagined world of evil, darkness, and violence. Please seek
immediate attention through counselling, prayer, and parental
guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the
following are applicable to your child:

1-Frequently wears black clothing.
2-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
3-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.
4-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include:
5-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
6-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music.
the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
eccentrically.
Bible, prayer, church or sports.
witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
10-Takes drugs.
11-Drinks alcohol.
12-Is suicidal and/or depressed.
13-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation.
(This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God
and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local
mental health center.)
14-Complains of boredom.
15-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
16-Is excessively awake during the night.
vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)
18-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
19-Spends large amounts of time alone.
may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)
adult.
are but a few examples of this.
23-Misbehaves at school.
24-Misbehaves at home.
this.
26-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires
believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and
should be stopped immediately.)
27-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources.
(Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)
nature.
computer.
30-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
31-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.
32-Expresses an interest in sex.
33-Masturbates.
34-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.
35-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism,
Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.
36-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various
phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".
37-Claims to be a goth.

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene
immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it.
If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental
health center.

You can't be serious right? Are you high or something or do you have your religion stuck so far up that you're blind to everything? Why are you hardcore Christians like this? I don't consider myself a Goth, but others do and your list also says so as well. That also means that 98% of teens are Goth and evil and whatever else you think. I do like evil and violence and blah blah blah, but that doesn't mean I'm Satanic or an evil person(despite my name). I'm actually a very nice person once you get to know me. I don't intend on ever coming back to this website, I just had to get that off my chest because I came across this on a Google search and what I read made me angry. I mean no ill will towards any of you unless you direct ill will towards me. I just wanted to tell you all that you need to think about stuff that comes out of your mouth(or fingers in this situation) before you actually go through with saying it. And also, if this is a devout Christian site, why is there a devil emoticon in the emoticon section? Just thought I'd point that out.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 11-20-2007 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan's little boy (Post 109925)
That also means that 98% of teens are Goth and evil and whatever else you think.

I have not done a precise calculation, but 98% does sound about right.

I'm sure this number will drop once Fred Thomson is president and drafts you kids into his million-man army.

Satan's little boy 11-20-2007 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had something that I needed to add-on to the message that I left. I didn't expect to see that someone had responded so early in the morning. Anyway, I don't know who Fred Thompson is, but I don't necessarily think I'd fit the catalyst for being drafted. Anyway, this is what I wanted to add-on to my previous comment:

PhoenixOwl 11-20-2007 07:23 AM

Let's see how I do, shall we? I'll delete all the ones that don't apply to me. SO, logically, the ones left are the ones that do apply.

1-Frequently wears black clothing. (Note: I assume this includes very very dark blue.)
eccentrically.
Bible, prayer, church or sports. (Note: I I am retarded at sports being randomly thrown in there.)
14-Complains of boredom. (Note: ... Seriously. Whoever put that in there... yeah...)
15-Sleeps too excessively or too little. (Note: Go go 4 and a half hours of sleep a night!)
16-Is excessively awake during the night. (Note: Pfft. Daylight is overrated.)
vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.) (Note: See above note.)
may speak to evil sprits through meditation.) (Note: One might think this would go into the previous one. And I happen to request a bit of quiet so I can read. Oh noez!)
adult. (Note: No one does this. Nope. No one. I'm a deviation from the norm for requesting this of my parents.)
(Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.) (Note: Oh no!)
nature. (Note: Role-playing is epic. Come, join our gothic ranks and play some Final Fantasy!)
computer. (Note: When am I ever _not_ on the computer?)
32-Expresses an interest in sex. (Note: Hormones FTL. Though compared to my sexfeind peers, I seem quite uninterested. Hmm...)
33-Masturbates. (Note: This is rather personal, don't you think?)
34-Is homosexual and/or bisexual. (Note: I r bi. Get over it...)

Total count: 18

I win.

ZombiePixie 11-20-2007 07:51 AM

Wow you Christan Extremists sure are dumb

Satan's little boy 11-20-2007 07:54 AM

I shall do the same as PhoenixOwl has done:

eccentrically.
Bible, prayer, church or sports.(Trust me, these things have already died for me)
14-Complains of boredom.
17-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light.
20-Requests time alone and quietness.
adult.
this.(Just so you know, it's Count Chocula).
26-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood.
nature.
computer.
30-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.(Note: This is called headbanging).
32-Expresses an interest in sex.(This is normal, is it not?)
33-Masturbates.

ZombiePixie 11-20-2007 07:59 AM

and so shall i

4-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include:
the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
eccentrically.
Bible, prayer, church or sports.
11-Drinks alcohol.
14-Complains of boredom.
may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)
adult.
(Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)
nature.
computer.
30-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
31-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.
32-Expresses an interest in sex.
33-Masturbates.

wow 27 out of 37 i must be possed by the devil wont someone please save me

WilliamJenningsBryan 11-20-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr NoName (Post 109693)
While percentage is important couldn't that decline be traced to the unmitigated explosion of population in the far east? Specifically India and China? I mean when 1/6 of the worlds entire population is in one country(china) and they are all either Taoists or Buddhist that tends to dilute numbers a bit no?

You are certainly making my point about the decline of the cathylick church, if only in simple population terms. What is important in the West was the decline in influence owing to the rise of the many forms of Protestant sects and reformations starting with Martin Luther.

Quote:

I don't know if I'd say that the Goths destroyed the Romans so much as there own failure to maintain infrastructure, and highly corrupted political makeup did the work for them. The roman did continue on for another 700 years after the Visigoths (till roughly 1450AD) That being said maybe "Visablegoths" would work better? We could buy them all high visibility jackets so they could still wear black at night, but reduce the number of roadside accidents?
I would not be so quick to trivialize the fall of the Roman Empire. Since Gibbon's famous work there has arisen many hundreds of theories for the decline. Among them is the debasement of the currency and advancing socialism that ultimately lead to the feudalism of the Middle Ages (which the present day goths idolize). The cathylick church played no small role in contributing to the demoralization, lethatgy and listlessness of the population. Everyone was just hanging around for the latest word from the pope and waiting to die (like the goths of today), not to mention the "Black Death" (Bubonic Plague - caused by the cathylick church's order to kill cats).

We can't leave this subject without mentioning the mooselimbs that started causing trouble for what remained of the Roman Empire, and even Gibbon mentioned that the climate changed - leaving more than a little hole for Al Gore to explain, as the climate was warmer then than the present day.

Make no mistake about it; Goths (Visigoths, Ostrogoths, and Astrogoths) were barbarians that helped destroy the Pax Romana. I find myself in a quandary as to the illumination of goths. Outfitting them with nighttime lighting could prevent deaths or provide them with an easy target for those inclined to decimate them.

Quote:

So it's not what they wear then it's what they believe? So then I asked before I think(don't really feel like looking) Could you have a plain cloths goth? and if you did have a person dressed normally who believed in the same things as goths do how would you define them? are they still a Goth?
You pose some interesting questions, but I confess I am at a loss to explain them. After 1,740 posts in this thread I have yet to see one articulate response to just what a goth is. Some have come here to assert that it is just a harmless sub-culture that shares a form of music. Others maintain it is just a dress / fashion style, but I have not seen a coherent goth manifesto. Our Godly Pastors here attempted to put together a list of symptoms that seemed to be rampant in our culture in an attempt to save these unGodly heathens from the flames of hell. Whatever they are wearing it is time to get with Jesus.

Mr NoName 11-20-2007 03:51 PM

Perhaps that is the most telling really. It's the loss of influence, both over the general population, and politically, that tells more about the decline then the raw numbers?

I would definately not say I was trivializeing the fall of the empire. The fall of Rome plunged the greater part of the western world into darkness for hundreds of years. Simple things like sewage and running water were lost in large part untill the 1800's(unless you lived in asia or the mideast. They kept such knowledge for the duration, go fig?) While the invasion of the various barbarian tribes, be it the goths, the mongols, the celts, the normans, or the vikeings, certainly didn't help the roman empire. I am more inclined to say that they were a symptom more then a cause. With Rome's internal weekening it's military might, and thus it's ability to repel such invaders, began to fall off dramatically. Had it not been for there internal conflicts and decedance perhaps they could have kept there vigil of watching the exterior. Perhaps helping to prevent the various invasions? Remember at one time Rome controlled the entire known world and had the largest, and most displined military of all nations. Something had to hurt that military might before an invasion and eventuall fall of the empire could occur.

In all honesty I find the very term "Goth" to be amuseing. Especially considering that the gothic era was known for being "light, and airy" That was what the movement was about. Thus you get massive open structures such as Notra Dame. Really the "Goth" movement has more in common with the Romanesque period. Dark heavy structures, closed in and really defined by the explosion of the church during the age. There again useing an archetectural term to define your particular style of dress, or attitude seems a little silly. At least grunge explained why people dressed the way they did. Perhaps a person who is a "Goth" could actually be called a "Dark Victorian" seeing as how there inspiration for dress seems to come from this era, only more black?

Marshall 11-20-2007 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ever seen a Goth? They are anything but "light and airy".

roserougesang 11-21-2007 01:02 AM

These goths seem more 'light and airy:
http://www.metropolis.co.jp/xmg/592/...lolita-372.jpg

There you go, there's some happy goths. :)

Marshall 11-21-2007 01:17 AM

Post ritualistic gang orgy to Satan. I suppose that would make any harlot smile.
The average weight for a Goth female is a rotund 280lbs with the vast majority pushing closer to the 300lb mark. There are a few rare thin ones who are lithe enough to still attract mating teams for wanton promiscuosity, but they are a rarity. Most are self absorbed whores who fornicate at the drop of a nose ring and have weekly abortions.

roserougesang 11-21-2007 04:54 AM

When it comes to me, you're correct about the self-absorbed part; you're wrong about the rest though. I'm 117lb and I've never had sex, though I've had plenty of opportunity to do so. :)

I'm perfectly innocent :innocent:

Mr NoName 11-21-2007 09:20 AM

I dig the Redhead in the background in white. Not bad at all :) I'm more of the surfer girl type though. Must be from haveing grown up at the ocean? Although my X was a redhead.

Talitha 11-21-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr NoName (Post 110142)
I dig the Redhead in the background in white. Not bad at all :) I'm more of the surfer girl type though. Must be from haveing grown up at the ocean? Although my X was a redhead.

Redheads bear the mark of Satan.
They have pale skin and cannot tolerate the Sun. Their hair is as though bathed in blood.
Evil beings to be sure.

Jesus prefers Blonde, Blue-eyed normal American Christian people. :innocent:

Mr NoName 11-21-2007 12:14 PM

Funny thing about that is fair haired people typically suffer the same problem with over sensitivity to sunlight as redheads do. Then again my X was a natural blond so the red hair was actually a dye job. At least the last I saw it was red......been a while. Then again thats the way things are with x's aren't they? In actuality I prefer brunetts, always have, but always seem to date blonds. Never understood that one?

Back to the goths though, does the fact that the goth idea arose out of the punk movement have any influence on there being good or ill? In all actuality goths are essentially superficial punks. They have none of the political, or social movement desires that punks do. So essentially a goth is a pretender punk. Intresting the sociology of the goth no?

Marshall 11-21-2007 10:48 PM

No.
Researching Satanists through my personal experiences with them I would beg to differ. The females usually weigh around 280lbs. Thats just the way it is. The males are generally very skinny(VDs and drugs) and covered in pantyhose and makeup with extremely feminine appearances. They all have low self esteem issues which is why they choose Satan over Jesus. Satan tempts them with sex and drugs and they are too weak to resist so they paint themselves up like homosexual corpses and do the gang sex thing in cemeteries and parkinglots and pretty much anywhere they can get a few moments alone. In addition to eating their young, they have abortions on a regular basis which explains the glaring lack of infant Satanists as well as the weight of the existing ones.

Satan's little boy 11-22-2007 02:44 AM

No. Goth is not a sub-category of Punk. Punk is an entirely different social group than Goth. Goth is more of a darker style than punk, whereas punk is an anarchic type of group that is more, how should I put this... Upbeat I should say? I'm not entirely sure. But listen to the differences in the music and look at some of the differences in clothing and personality. Goth is more brooding and sulky and the fashion style is much more darker. Punk is a more upbeat, anti-authority type of life style and everyone where's all colors of the rainbow. They even dye their hair like that, whereas Goths and other people that have dark personalities(such as myself) have very dark hair and don't necessarily have any say so in politics whatsoever. I plan on voting next year, but I couldn't necessarily give a rat's ass about who wins the election. I was gonna vote for Stephen Colbert, but since he decided not to run, there goes that plan.

Trans Jenny 11-22-2007 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan's little boy (Post 110261)
No. Goth is not a sub-category of Punk. Punk is an entirely different social group than Goth. Goth is more of a darker style than punk, whereas punk is an anarchic type of group that is more, how should I put this... Upbeat I should say? I'm not entirely sure. But listen to the differences in the music and look at some of the differences in clothing and personality. Goth is more brooding and sulky and the fashion style is much more darker. Punk is a more upbeat, anti-authority type of life style and everyone where's all colors of the rainbow. They even dye their hair like that, whereas Goths and other people that have dark personalities(such as myself) have very dark hair and don't necessarily have any say so in politics whatsoever. I plan on voting next year, but I couldn't necessarily give a rat's ass about who wins the election. I was gonna vote for Stephen Colbert, but since he decided not to run, there goes that plan.

Precisely! Goth, Punk, NOT THE SAME THING AT ALL! O.o
And yes, Colbert would have been president had the bloody bastards let him run....And he would have made a good one too.... :(

Pastor Ezekiel 11-22-2007 04:02 AM

Goth, punk, emo, queer, all exactly the same. Devil worshipers who mock God and are headed for the lake of fire.

Trans Jenny 11-22-2007 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 110277)
Goth, punk, emo, queer, all exactly the same. Devil worshipers who mock God and are headed for the lake of fire.

Listen to this one: I HAVE A PENIS AT THE MOMENT, AND I AM SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO MEN, I DO NOT WORSHIP SATAN, I WORSHIP GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST. Apparently if im going to hell, SO ARE YOU. I do not mock God, i mock retards like you who claim that they are the true faith. I have heard you say that others like me and Satans little boy have came and walked away in udder defeat in the past, thats not true. Others have came, proven that they are a hell of alot smarter than any of you people on this site, and "udderly" defeated you, and what happened to them? Say? YOU BANNED THEM BECAUSE YOU KNEW YOU WERE WRONG HUN. GET OVER IT, YOUR NOT ALWAYS RIGHT

Mr NoName 11-22-2007 04:17 AM

My o so young and missinformed friends. If your going to call your self part of a group at least have the decency to understand where that groups roots are grown from. As a young man(ok so maybe not so young anymore) who was alive when the "goth" movement came into being I suppose I should enlighten you as to what you actually belong to. Firstly you were born in the early 80's yes thats right it wasn't the day you first put on your makeup. You were given your name in an article first published in the UK rock weekly titled "The face of Punk Gothique" yes thats right PUNK. You are a subculture to punk. Punk is essentially your daddy. You were inspired by the likes of Siouxsie and the Banshees, and Bauhaus. So in the end your name is nothing more then a label for a type of music. Next time my Mallgoth friend(if you don't know what it means get out of Hot Topic and go pick up a book about your own subculture) try researching the group you want to be a part of so when someone that dosen't belong to it asks you a question about it, you can answer it intelligently. and No I'm not against goths, and I'm not inherintly against the Landover, I'm mostly against ignorance. I'm also mostly for fair informed discussion as well.

So now that we have established that you are a subculture of Punk and are in fact not terribly informed about your "culture" would you like to try again? Perhaps we can discuss where the motivation for your clothing came from? or the reason your supposed to be all dark and brooding?

Trans Jenny 11-22-2007 04:24 AM

Oh thats funny my Pastor Eziekiel or whatever the crap your name is. Send me a PM threatening me. Haha, your funny know. Your just angry that you are being told facts, facts and opinions OTHER THAN WHAT YOUR OWN ARE. Get over yourself you self loathing FAG. You tell me to CLEAN MY LANGUAGE UP AND IN THAT SAME MESSAGE YOU CALL ME A FAG! What is your problem? I am a 17 year old girl, and i like men. Does that amuse you to make fun of a 17 yr old girl? Hmm? Get a life and stop spending all your life in Church and on the internet ABOUT CHURCH. Get a real job, a new religion, and learn how to act. You may be about 9 years older than I am, but i think i have proven that i am by far alot more mature than you ever will be. May Satan Be with you hun. :devil:

Glendora Christianson 11-22-2007 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan's little boy (Post 109948)
I shall do the same as PhoenixOwl has done:

eccentrically.
Bible, prayer, church or sports.(Trust me, these things have already died for me)
14-Complains of boredom.
17-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light.
20-Requests time alone and quietness.
adult.
this.(Just so you know, it's Count Chocula).
26-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood.
nature.
computer.
30-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.(Note: This is called headbanging).
32-Expresses an interest in sex.(This is normal, is it not?)
33-Masturbates.

I am impressed with the thoroughness of your list, but somone forgot to add number 34...

34. "Accidentally" falls on Coke bottle that was standing upright in the shower and has to be taken to the emergency room to have said object removed from rectum, but for some reason had to do number 33 prior to dialing 911.

Mr NoName 11-22-2007 04:43 AM

Ya he is rather fond of doing that. I got the same thing on my first day here from him to. I kinda feel like it's an initiation, but now were the best of friends right Zeke ;)

Pastor Ezekiel 11-22-2007 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trans Jenny (Post 110295)
Oh thats funny my Pastor Eziekiel or whatever the crap your name is. Send me a PM threatening me. Haha, your funny know. Your just angry that you are being told facts, facts and opinions OTHER THAN WHAT YOUR OWN ARE. Get over yourself you self loathing FAG. You tell me to CLEAN MY LANGUAGE UP AND IN THAT SAME MESSAGE YOU CALL ME A FAG! What is your problem? I am a 17 year old girl, and i like men. Does that amuse you to make fun of a 17 yr old girl? Hmm? Get a life and stop spending all your life in Church and on the internet ABOUT CHURCH. Get a real job, a new religion, and learn how to act. You may be about 9 years older than I am, but i think i have proven that i am by far alot more mature than you ever will be. May Satan Be with you hun. :devil:

No one threatened you, queer. I sent you an infraction notice and very politely asked that you stop posting obscenities on God's favorite forum. But now that you have confessed to being underage, you won't be allowed back until you turn 18 and can verify that.

Sodomites are notorious liars.