The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Freehold Truth and Light Baptist newspaper (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pervert Elected University of Iowa Homecoming Queen (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=93555)

Pastor Ezekiel 10-12-2013 04:26 AM

Pervert Elected University of Iowa Homecoming Queen

THIS shows just how bad things have gotten. The radical queer agenda is on the march, backed by that jig in the Whitehouse, and is now knocking of Freehold's door! :angry:
Quote:

Transgender student wins UNI homecoming queen crown

CEDAR FALLS | A transgender student has won the homecoming queen's crown at the University of Northern Iowa.

Steven Sanchez, 21, has been crowned homecoming queen during UNI's homecoming pep rally Friday night in Lang Hall. The senior communication studies major is the first transgender student to do so in UNI history.

"I am completely speechless I honestly didn't even think I would win," he said. "I am going to do everything I can to continue supporting the LGBT community and encourage everyone to get involved on campus no matter what it is."

Sanchez will reign over this year's homecoming court alongside crowned King Yaw Kyeremateng, a graduate student. The 440 students who attended Tuesday night's competition voted to select the winners.

To seal the win, Sanchez performed a drag routine during Tuesday night's court competition, lip synching and dressing drag to imitate singer Selena Gomez.

"I want to raise visibility of the LGBT community on campus," he said. "And I've never felt more accepted than I have here at UNI."

Sanchez nominated himself for the title in a new court application process instated last year by the Campus Activities Board, detailing his work in the university relations department and the UNI Proud board, an advocacy group representing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students and others.

He said he didn't attend a traditional high school because students bullied him for being more effeminate. Sanchez said he's now filling a hole left by a lack of a high school homecoming experience.

UNI has not had a homecoming court since the 1970s.

Katlyne Schweig, the board's homecoming executive and UNI junior, said they reinstated it last year as part of a "throwback" homecoming theme.

"It's just another fun thing to add to the week of homecoming," she said. "In high school we always had kings and queens, we thought it would be interesting to bring that into college."

A panel of students and faculty selected ten court applicants based on their academic standing, responses to essay questions and campus involvement.

But any identification, like the name and gender of each individual, were removed from the application before judges saw them, said Ashley Minshall, program coordinator of student activities.

"We wanted to make sure we were inclusive of all our students," she said.

Brad Freihoefer, director of LGBT student services center Iowa State University, applauded Sanchez' efforts to spread awareness about the LGBT community. He wasn't aware of ISU ever electing an out-transgender student as queen or king in its history.

"I think it's outstanding," he said. "I'm certainly excited and thrilled that students feel comfortable enough to come out and engage in that way."

I'm going to request that we double the security at the Freehold Gates. :to_keep_order:

James Hutchins 10-12-2013 07:05 PM

Re: Pervert Elected University of Iowa Homecoming Queen

This sort of thing drives home the need to home school and ban 'higher education'.

Jesus never went to college, no one else needs to either.

I blame the british for all this queen stuff. Every brit is a dandy.

Alvin Moss 10-12-2013 09:07 PM

Re: Pervert Elected University of Iowa Homecoming Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1034209)

I blame the british for all this queen stuff. Every brit is a dandy.

And the acursed French; don't forget the French.