The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Caught my children making idols. What size rod should I use to beat them? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=113026)

Mary Etheldreda 07-11-2017 02:34 AM

Caught my children making idols. What size rod should I use to beat them?

Friends, I am so angry I'm shaking. Literally. I am literally shaking as I type this. I saw a a shrine to some horrifying idols in my neighborhood and suspect my children's recently odd behavior might be evidence they are a part of this.

The Holy Bible tells me Jesus really, really hates people who worship gods other than He (Deuteronomy 13:7-12; 17:2-5). Furthermore, I am afraid Christ might send someone to rain down justice in my neighborhood because someone is worshiping false gods here (Deuteronomy 13:13-19). The Holy Bible tells me if my children are in need of discipline to not hold back because Jesus will supernaturally protect them from death by my discipline (Proverbs 23:13). It tells me using the rod is the appropriate tool for keeping them from eternal damnation (Proverbs 13:24). My question is, what size would be appropriate for this?

DeathToAllButMetal 07-11-2017 08:28 AM

Re: Caught my children making idols. What size rod should I use to beat them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1216543)
Friends, I am so angry I'm shaking. Literally. I am literally shaking as I type this. I saw a a shrine to some horrifying idols in my neighborhood and suspect my children's recently odd behavior might be evidence they are a part of this.

The Holy Bible tells me Jesus really, really hates people who worship gods other than He (Deuteronomy 13:7-12; 17:2-5). Furthermore, I am afraid Christ might send someone to rain down justice in my neighborhood because someone is worshiping false gods here (Deuteronomy 13:13-19). The Holy Bible tells me if my children are in need of discipline to not hold back because Jesus will supernaturally protect them from death by my discipline (Proverbs 23:13). It tells me using the rod is the appropriate tool for keeping them from eternal damnation (Proverbs 13:24). My question is, what size would be appropriate for this?

I think darling instead of beat them you should teach then better or take away anything that might have caused them to do evil things, or maybe it's the neighbor who did it. What odd things have they done.

From someone who wishes to become clean

Elmer G. White 07-11-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathToAllButMetal (Post 1216550)
I think darling instead of beat them you should teach then better or take away anything that might have caused them to do evil things, or maybe it's the neighbor who did it. What odd things have they done.

From someone who wishes to become clean

Dear Sinner,

Please give us some indication that you are more trustworthy than Jesus! After all, Jesus plainly recommends righteous punishments as a tool to get the unsaved children to Fear God(Ecclesiastes 12:13), which can lead them unto the road to Heaven!

Proverbs 23:14
Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

As for the actual topic of this thread, I consulted the Bible and the only size that is mentioned is that of a "measuring rod".

Revelation 11:1
And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

So, a rod with the length of a measuring rod is likely to be the most appropriate. Never mind the false translation in the image below, the actual picture is still a good indication of the recommended rod size.

http://www.scripturessay.com/images/rev/Rev21b20.jpg

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

DeathToAllButMetal 07-11-2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer G. White (Post 1216551)
Dear Sinner,

Please give us some indication that you are more trustworthy than Jesus! After all, Jesus plainly recommends righteous punishments as a tool to get the unsaved children to Fear God(Ecclesiastes 12:13), which can lead them unto the road to Heaven!

Proverbs 23:14
Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

As for the actual topic of this thread, I consulted the Bible and the only size that is mentioned is that of a "measuring rod".

Revelation 11:1
And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

So, a rod with the length of a measuring rod is likely to be the most appropriate. Never mind the false translation in the image below, the actual picture is still a good indication of the recommended rod size.

http://www.scripturessay.com/images/rev/Rev21b20.jpg

Yours in Christ,

Because unlike Jesus I wouldn't suggest beating my child because it's not the child's fault he is straying away from the light of god, it's the stuff that be tempting the child isn't it so what I would do is take away thing that may tempt the child, cradle the child in a god loving bubble and teach him the good of god and why falling into temptation is evil instead of hurting the child

Elmer G. White 07-11-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathToAllButMetal (Post 1216552)
Because unlike Jesus I wouldn't suggest beating my child because it's not the child's fault he is straying away from the light of god, it's the stuff that be tempting the child isn't it so what I would do is take away thing that may tempt the child, cradle the child in a god loving bubble and teach him the good of god and why falling into temptation is evil instead of hurting the child

OK, what is this opinion based on? In which way is it more effective than the Way (John 14:6) that is told us in the Bible. You're still only expressing an opinion and not any evidence why your system would yield better results. You should remember that the result we're striving for will be realized not on this World but in the next one!

God has clearly expressed through His Son Jesus who is He (John 10:30) that the pains of this world are not only insignificant but, in fact, beneficial. It is good to make the child hate her life here. The sweeter the Eternal Life in Heaven will be!

John 12:25
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Briefly, the evidence you should present is as follows: a study that reveals how those treated in your way reach Heaven at higher proportions than those who follow the Bible to the Letter!

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Yours in Christ,

DeathToAllButMetal 07-11-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer G. White (Post 1216553)
OK, what is this opinion based on? In which way is it more effective than the Way (John 14:6) that is told us in the Bible. You're still only expressing an opinion and not any evidence why your system would yield better results. You should remember that the result we're striving for will be realized not on this World but in the next one!

God has clearly expressed through His Son Jesus who is He (John 10:30) that the pains of this world are not only insignificant but, in fact, beneficial. It is good to make the child hate her life here. The sweeter the Eternal Life in Heaven will be!

John 12:25
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Briefly, the evidence you should present is as follows: a study that reveals how those treated in your way reach Heaven at higher proportions than those who follow the Bible to the Letter!

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Yours in Christ,

To be fair mate this entire website is opinion based but but if you think beating your child is okay then go for it, it's not like children have killed their parents because of beatings

Elmer G. White 07-11-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathToAllButMetal (Post 1216554)
To be fair mate this entire website is opinion based but but if you think beating your child is okay then go for it, it's not like children have killed their parents because of beatings

Dear Sinner,

The Veracity of the Bible has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt also for the secular atheist and if they still neglect it, it is by their own choice. The principal points of this proof are as follows:
  1. Eyewitness testimony. There are the words of those people who actually lived and witnessed the events during Biblical times. Furthermore, lots of archaeological evidence supports the Bible. For instance, there are descriptions of cities that have been confirmed with archaeology. See also Genesis 10:11.
  2. There is the evidence of us True Christians™. Our lives have been changed according to the Scripture! See also Luke 1:47.
  3. Look at the prophecies in the Bible. They have been fulfilled!! Daniel Chapter 2 predicted the Roman empire and much more. For reference, see, e.g., Daniel 2:34.
  4. There is a unique and miraculously consistent nature of manuscripts of the Bible during a time when there was only illiteracy, unreliable greedy scribes and slow methods of communication. See also Psalms 12:6.
  5. There is the prerequisite of God for secular logic and science. How could quantum fluctuations in the alleged space-time produce a mind that could reliably examine anything?! A liberal false Christian (Mr. Plantinga) has proved this with his "evolutionary argument against naturalism". If evolution were true, we would not be able to trust anything. See also Ruth 2:12. Of course, the 'logic' of God is beyond our reach (Exodus 3:14).
As you can see, we have no opinions. None whatsoever. We only have the Bible that surpasses all opinions. Glory to Jesus!

:praise:

Titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Yours in Christ,

DeathToAllButMetal 07-11-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer G. White (Post 1216555)
Dear Sinner,

The Veracity of the Bible has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt also for the secular atheist and if they still neglect it, it is by their own choice. The principal points of this proof are as follows:
  1. Eyewitness testimony. There are the words of those people who actually lived and witnessed the events during Biblical times. Furthermore, lots of archaeological evidence supports the Bible. For instance, there are descriptions of cities that have been confirmed with archaeology. See also Genesis 10:11.
  2. There is the evidence of us True Christians™. Our lives have been changed according to the Scripture! See also Luke 1:47.
  3. Look at the prophecies in the Bible. They have been fulfilled!! Daniel Chapter 2 predicted the Roman empire and much more. For reference, see, e.g., Daniel 2:34.
  4. There is a unique and miraculously consistent nature of manuscripts of the Bible during a time when there was only illiteracy, unreliable greedy scribes and slow methods of communication. See also Psalms 12:6.
  5. There is the prerequisite of God for secular logic and science. How could quantum fluctuations in the alleged space-time produce a mind that could reliably examine anything?! A liberal false Christian (Mr. Plantinga) has proved this with his "evolutionary argument against naturalism". If evolution were true, we would not be able to trust anything. See also Ruth 2:12. Of course, the 'logic' of God is beyond our reach (Exodus 3:14).
As you can see, we have no opinions. None whatsoever. We only have the Bible that surpasses all opinions. Glory to Jesus!

:praise:

Titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Yours in Christ,

So the bible is the best thing ever then, okay I'll go along with it but I have just a few questions for you if that's okay

Elmer G. White 07-11-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathToAllButMetal (Post 1216556)
So the bible is the best thing ever then, okay I'll go along with it but I have just a few questions for you if that's okay

That is why we're here! Already, I can see how Jesus is starting to talk to you. Why don't you pose your questions in our wonderful Introduction Forum, where our Brethren and Sisters will be more than happy to answer all your questions! Of course, we expect genuine questions instead of wanton debating!

2 Timothy 2:23
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Yours in Christ,

DeathToAllButMetal 07-11-2017 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer G. White (Post 1216557)
That is why we're here! Already, I can see how Jesus is starting to talk to you. Why don't you pose your questions in our wonderful Introduction Forum, where our Brethren and Sisters will be more than happy to answer all your questions! Of course, we expect genuine questions instead of wanton debating!

2 Timothy 2:23
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Yours in Christ,

I can't though I'm still trash according to you

Elmer G. White 07-11-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathToAllButMetal (Post 1216558)
I can't though I'm still trash according to you

Everyone can start a new thread in the Introduction Forum! This is clearly stated on the Forum Webpage. "Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus." As you can see, we have kindly provided you with an outlet for your musings, just as the Bible expects us to do!

Exodus 23:9
Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

I'm looking forward to your contributions!

Yours in Christ,

Marshal Kim Jong-un 07-11-2017 03:20 PM

There is no need for beat children. Just send them over to DPRK re-education camp and we will make sure that they make the correct idols:http://https://nsarchive.files.wordp...10/07/kims.jpg

James Hutchins 07-11-2017 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Call me old fashioned but I use the tried and true iron rod, about an inch thick and four feet long. Not only is it good exercise for me when I swing it but it generally takes less than twenty hits to get my point across to where the child stops making any (screams, sobbing to whimpers and then golden silence) sound. I have four of them, I try to ensure variation. Acceptance of change is what I am all about.