The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Please Pray For My Current Courtship to End in Marriage (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116706)

Esther B. 08-08-2019 01:37 AM

Please Pray For My Current Courtship to End in Marriage

For those of you who don't know, I recently entered into (yet another) courtship, this time with the 28 year old son of a Baptist pastor. His name is Joseph and he has blond hair and blue eyes and is a great (but straight) admirer of Pastor Ezekiel. I have been getting on in years (I'm 27) and I am yearning to get married and start bearing children so that I may achieve salvation as outlined in 1 Timothy 2:15. My past several courtships have failed miserably, so I am humbly requesting prayers that the Lord will see fit to have this courtship end in marriage before I am unable to fulfill the command that He laid out in Genesis 1:28.

Mary Etheldreda 08-08-2019 01:44 AM

Re: Please Pray For My Current Courtship to End in Marriage

Maybe Jesus is telling you to rent a room with Biblegirl and the two of you can live like Laverne and Shirley. Maybe He'll even provide a Lenny and Squiggy for you to keep you girls company.

God bless you in whatever you decide to do, dear.

Dennis Lukes 08-08-2019 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1256276)
Maybe Jesus is telling you to rent a room with Biblegirl and the two of you can live like Laverne and Shirley.

If the two of you do decide to room together, you can stay at my motel while you look for a residence. The air conditioner is a little broken right now, but in the privacy of your room you could cool off by stripping down to bras and panties. If you wanted to save water, you could also shower together.

Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. 08-08-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther B. (Post 1256275)
For those of you who don't know, I recently entered into (yet another) courtship, this time with the 28 year old son of a Baptist pastor. His name is Joseph and he has blond hair and blue eyes and is a great (but straight) admirer of Pastor Ezekiel. I have been getting on in years (I'm 27) and I am yearning to get married and start bearing children so that I may achieve salvation as outlined in 1 Timothy 2:15. My past several courtships have failed miserably, so I am humbly requesting prayers that the Lord will see fit to have this courtship end in marriage before I am unable to fulfill the command that He laid out in Genesis 1:28.

Have your father and your pastor considered the possibility that God just doesn't want you? I'd imagine that by your age, you'd have been able to have multiple children if He wanted it that way. Not everyone was chosen to be Saved, you know:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romans 8:29-30
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 08-08-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1256276)
Maybe Jesus is telling you to rent a room with Biblegirl and the two of you can live like Laverne and Shirley.

Ultimately morphing into The Golden Girls, but without the dead/divorced husbands, the children, or the humor?

I think Brother Dr Ernest may have hit the nail on the head, though. By the time I was 27, I was the mother of at least five children (it's hard to keep track and I would have to look up their exact dates of birth, so I may be underestimating) and with another one on the way. And I was a "late starter", having not married until I was 18. :(

My dear husband Matthew was worth the wait, though. :wub: As my mother said at the time, his first wife always looked like a sickly creature and I had 1 Peter 5:6-7 to comfort me in the meantime.

C. S. Darrow, Esq. 10-07-2019 01:16 AM

Mt dear Esther B., I am praying for you in Jesus' name that your current suitor is an appropriately proper man, that he holds doors for you, helps you with your chair in restaurants, opens the car door for you, picks up the tab more often than not. Chivalry is not dead or overrated. Have you always been careful to show your gratitude for such kindnesses? Once a man feels as if his gestures of gentlemanly kindnesses are not received in the spirit in which they were offered, he will most naturally turn his attention to a younger Christian female who is able to articulate and demonstrate her gratitude. I hope this new suitor will be patient with you as your years and years of failed courtships would suggest that no shortage of other men have perceived - perhaps unfairly - something lacking in you. Pray for Jesus to be your chaperone and work harder to convince this new man in your life that you are grateful to him for any attention he may afford you at your age. He'll need to know that you are indeed still fertile, that his kindness - should it become commitment to marriage - will yield offspring in Jesus' name. At your age, he may even have doubts about your virginity, something that will be foremost in his mind as he even considers entering into a courtship. A note from your physician certifying that all is still intact might go a long way toward allowing him to rest easy and to continue pursuing courtship. I am adding you to my prayer list, that you might one day soon know the joy of procreation our Lord requires of you.