The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Praise is Overdue! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=120678)

BrotherLarry 03-04-2023 09:20 PM

Praise is Overdue!

My advisors in my PhD program state it should only be 3 years or more until my dissertation is approved! This means the last 8 years have all been worth it.

I wonder when I should submit my application to become an associate pastor at Landover. Oral Roberts and Liberty have said I could submit at anytime to be a professor, but ministry is my true calling.

Everyone please join me by saying 1000 glories for this accomplishment. It won't be long now!

Cranky Old Man 03-05-2023 01:47 AM

Re: Praise is Overdue!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1307339)
My advisors in my PhD program state it should only be 3 years or more until my dissertation is approved! This means the last 8 years have all been worth it.

Congratulations! Time well spend it seems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry
I wonder when I should submit my application to become an associate pastor at Landover.

Did you save up enough money for a huge tithe? Also, for some unknown reasons, it helps to be a really young boy.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 03-06-2023 12:40 AM

It looks good on your application if you have managed a fund raising event. Senior faculty are always looking for energetic volunteers to mentor and advise, so I would recommend creating a portfolio of projects and plans of action for how you will recruit a team and execute the objective. It usually takes a committee of advisors, executive oversight and outside consultants to get approval, and typically 5 or more projects are required to show Leadership you are a serious candidate for a junior appointment (requiring an additional 3-6 years of supervision).

Basilissa 03-06-2023 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1307369)
typically 5 or more projects are required to show Leadership you are a serious candidate for a junior appointment (requiring an additional 3-6 years of supervision).

A Lecturer position is the highly coveted job prospect for young Ph.D.'s and A.B.D.s (all but dissertation): double the course load of tenured faculty, for 1/10 of the pay. Yay.

Walter Van Slyke 03-27-2023 03:49 AM

Quote:

I wonder when I should submit my application to become an associate pastor at Landover. Oral Roberts and Liberty have said I could submit at anytime to be a professor, but ministry is my true calling.

Everyone please join me by saying 1000 glories for this accomplishment. It won't be long now!

Glory times 1000! Am picturing you in your gorgeous cap and gown even now.

BrotherLarry 05-08-2023 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter Van Slyke (Post 1307835)
Glory times 1000! Am picturing you in your gorgeous cap and gown even now.

I am so grateful for your encouragement. And not surprised more didn't offer it.

In the most educated Lamb of Calvary
BrotherLarry

GodGlorifying Glenda 05-10-2023 01:42 PM

Congratulations, I see that you are a servant of God. I am praying that you are still tithing. All of these younger generations are selfish negroes that only keep money for themselves. I believe that you are not like those ones.

ExBuddistMonkSamuel 05-10-2023 01:53 PM

Amen sistah Glenda

GodGlorifying Glenda 05-10-2023 01:59 PM

Brother Samuel, I'm curious to know how well you are at manual labor. My husband passed yesterday, and I am looking for a new man to dominate my life. I cannot marry a man who is not able to fix my pipes.

ExBuddistMonkSamuel 05-10-2023 02:04 PM

Since I am still trapped in a Monastery, I don't know how long it will be until I can do what God has called me to do, fix your lovely pipes. However, before I was a Buddhist Monk, I was a lumberjack that toppled over many a tree.. I also moonlighted as a plumber. Oh wait, there is an opening in my cell. I got to go but I will try to find you lovely Sister Glenda.

Isabella White 05-10-2023 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodGlorifying Glenda (Post 1309092)
Brother Samuel, I'm curious to know how well you are at manual labor. My husband passed yesterday, and I am looking for a new man to dominate my life. I cannot marry a man who is not able to fix my pipes.

Hello to you, dear Miss Glenda, and:welcome: We are very pleased that you are with us, here at :forum-fancy:.

Looking over your postings, I see that we do not yet have a message of introduction from you. Kindly pay a visit to our friendly Introduction Forum, which is here:

https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Whilst there, please note our requests at the top of the page. I am pleased to include them here:

The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

We look forward to getting to know you, Dear — here, at :landover-fancy:.

GodGlorifying Glenda 05-10-2023 02:09 PM

You are in the monastery??? Samuel, my husband left me to join the Tawang monastery! It was better to call him dead than to say that he left me to perform sodomy with the monks. Please inform him that because he has left the church, he is not welcome back. You are now my new husband, God called me on the phone and said that YOU are the one. I pray that you feel the same way.

Isabella White 05-10-2023 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExBuddistMonkSamuel (Post 1309093)
Since I am still trapped in a Monastery, I don't know how long it will be until I can do what God has called me to do, fix your lovely pipes. However, before I was a Buddhist Monk, I was a lumberjack that toppled over many a tree.. I also moonlighted as a plumber. Oh wait, there is an opening in my cell. I got to go but I will try to find you lovely Sister Glenda.

Well, hello there, dear Mr. Samuel, and to you I do extend a most gracious :welcome-flowers: to :landover-fancy:. We are so very happy that you have found us, in the midst of this terribly confusing interwebs galaxy.

I notice that you have not posted an introductory message, which is what we like all newcomers to do. Please pay a visit to our cordial Introduction Forum, here:

https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16

At the top of the page, you will notice some requests. I will post them here, for your benefit:

The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

We are so looking forward to fellowship with you, Dear — here, at :forum-fancy:.

its_faith 05-11-2023 11:31 PM

congrads

MitzaLizalor 05-15-2023 03:01 PM

Quote:

There are subversive elements insinuated into many colleges promoting things like "wellbeing" or "personal development" in seemingly innocuous ways. It's so important to be aware that Buddhism is a major component of the theory side, how to stand on one leg or whatever they do. Hinduism is also involved, never overtly at this stage, with postures recommended that in reality are "aligning one's chakras" to enable ingress for demons. I hope you don't mind my frankness here – but have you ever seen or heard anything like that? Or participated? Even by just attending a short meeting?

Another crackpot effort (you are already aware who the real operator is) is the Alexander technique, a sort of 24/7 street mime performance with the implicit perspective of one being more aware than others, having a better understanding of REAL reality, "on a higher plane" if you like.

I am praying for you to be delivered from such snares insofar as they exist where you are. Which thay may not. Well done!