The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Bible in a Year (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Day 175. Psalm 101-105 (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=18907)

Brother V 01-13-2009 04:54 PM

Day 175. Psalm 101-105

Psalm 101-105

Psalm 101

1 I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing.

God loves singing, he is not a fan of that garbled crap that is Norwegian Black Metal.

2 I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.

It's not enough for me to be good, what else do I have to do?

3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

Once again, we see, Hate the sinner AND the sin.

5 Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.

The next time someone tells you to love the sinner and hate the sin, ask them for the basis in scripture of that little statement. Then ask if they've read Psalm 101.

7 He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.

We even are given permission to kick out our family members if they don't do right, by the LORD.

8 I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LORD.

Hamas will be destroyed.

Psalm 102

2 Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.

The psalmist is evidently fallen under hard times.

4 My heart is smitten, and withered like grass; so that I forget to eat my bread.

How sad does one have to be to forget to eat?

11 My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am withered like grass.

This is a very grassy psalm. It's also a very EMO psalm. I wish my grass was emo, because then it would cut itself.

15 So the heathen shall fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.

Ah, yes, people who hate me, obviously hate the LORD.

26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:

Today's reading is very clothing (and grass) oriented.

Psalm 103

2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

God has the best benefits, including a retirement plan in heaven, forever!

8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

He may be slow to anger, but when he does get angry, watch out.

15 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

More with the grass.

Psalm 104

1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.

More with the clothing theme.

2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Ok, so light will act as honour and majesty, when you are wearing it.

14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

The grass, when it isn't withered, is for the cattle.

15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

I've heard story that beer can also maketh glad the heart of man.

20 Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.

Is God ever clothed in darkness?

24 O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

How transmission are thy deeds! How muffler are thy doings! How rack-and-pinion are thy ... um... things.

32 He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke.

God causes earthquakes and volcanoes.

34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.

Amen, what a way to end this psalm, how happy, "I will be glad in the LORD."

oh wait, there's another verse.

35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.

It's not enough for the hebe's to be happy with the LORD, they must also condemn others. Personally, I prefer to take pleasure in the victory of MY team without having to belittle my opponent. For example "Go Packers!" instead of "Bears Suck!" Most people today can't take happiness in their own accomplishments, and have to put someone else down to feel better about themselves. These people will never EVER be able to be happy. Until they can be happy on their own, they will only be able to find reasons to NOT be happy.

Psalm 105

2 Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.

Ok, so we see that it's acceptable to sing, and also to talk, but like I said before deep guttural groanings are not good. Classic (understandable) 80's rap is ok (so long as it's not about killing cops) but Metal is bad.

(Exodus 33:23; God got BACK!)

I like God's butt and I can not lie
you other brothers can't deny
when God walks by with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face
you must be Moses!

(Exodus 33:23 Buch Got)
Gottes Butt- befehl ich dir
wende dein antlitz ab von mir
dein gesicht ist mir egal
gottes butt

4 Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.

Sadly, if you seek his face, he won't show it, just his back side. That's kind of rude, isn't it? We are told to seek God's face, but then one of the last times anyone saw God (the Father) on earth, all Moses got to see was his Holy Booty.

8 He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.

I wonder if this is a Davidic psalm, reminding God of his covenant with David.

The remaining verses in this psalm cover the Jewish history from Abraham to when they were in the desert; including the highlights of Jaseph, Moses, and of course the plagues of Egypt.

So what have we learned today?

1. Grass withereth, but is for cattle.

2. God is clothed in light, you don't want to see his dark side, although that's all you do get to see.

3. Hate the sin AND the sinner.

YIC
V

SUV 01-13-2009 05:05 PM

Re: Day 175. Psalm 101-105

"Norwegian Black Metal."

What - Norwegian? Aren't they some of the worst homer!s ever, dress up in all of those prancy-nancy costumes, at least when they go to visit their butt-buddies in England, like about 1,000 years ago? Disgusting :glare:

We've had thespians here; heterosexurals....so now it has come to this: We have nusskas, too.

Pastor, Pray for me :(