The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Bad customer service thread #2: surly delivery guys and babbling call-center gurus (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117321)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-13-2020 07:46 PM

Bad customer service thread #2: surly delivery guys and babbling call-center gurus

Are delivery guys the most incompetent and needlessly surly dudes on the planet? I just found a box on my porch, despite the address clearly being for next door. I called the number on the package, and it turns out I'm expected to know sign language because of course no English speakers are hired to answer phones anymore. After spending more time rehearsing that "who's on first" routine than it would have taken to drive next door myself, they claimed to have sent a delivery guy to fix their error. I've not seen hair, hide or hiney of him. Likely went to the wrong town, I hope he got carjacked in some sh!thole city like he deserves.

The package is still here, on my porch. It's from a medical supply company, and for all I know the recipient will die without it.

It seems like such a waste to drive such short distances, (I drive only classic American cars, meaning it takes multiple gallons just to make the engine start) but if that package is still on my porch by next week I will be forced to deliver it myself. (Deliveries sitting on porches are like a "welcome" sign to burglars, and there's only so many shootings that can happen on one property before people start talking.)

The thing that really gets in my craw is the fact that they confused my tastefully restrained, classy-yet-humble abode with either the rat infested slum-dumpster next door to the left of me, or the tacky loin-shrimp-compensating-mcmansion next door to the right.

https://www.traveller.com.au/content...8214248684.jpg

HOW CAN YOU NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE?!?!?!

Sally Paulson 02-13-2020 08:07 PM

Re: Bad customer service thread #2: surly delivery guys and call-center gurus

Wait, is that REALLY the new development everyone has been talking about? PLEASE tell me that pic is photo-shopped! I'm searching every shadow on the thing, looking for evidence that it's photo-shopped. My eyes will never forgive me for what I've put them through.

I mean, I know that Gold-tithers all drive 4x4s, but seriously? No roads? Is it to keep annoying kids from riding by on tricycles? Because kids don't do that any more. They've got their VR tricycle simulators on their Playstation 4s, so you won't have to tell them to get off your lawns. Also, the fact that you don't have lawns.

I thought you guys hired the Saudi-BinLaden group for this job! I was told their construction work was even better than their demolition work(so to speak)!

I mean, it looks like the architect behind The Queen Of Versailles tried to design a ghetto "project" after visiting Disneyland on LSD!

Truly a case of fact being stranger than fiction. I think French Chateaux and Islamic Architecture are two of the most beautiful things in the world without an alveoli, yet the two traditions here combine to make something that is literally-literally unbelievably ugly.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-13-2020 08:13 PM

Re: Bad customer service thread #2: surly delivery guys and call-center gurus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sally Paulson (Post 1264355)
I mean, it looks like someone the architect behind The Queen Of Versailles tried to design a ghetto "project" after visiting Disneyland on LSD!

That's not how we did it, is that what you recommend? Looking into this "Queen of Versailles" broad, and I'm interested. Nice and humble, she talks about how the recession hurt her "just like the rest of America":

The rest of the documentary is just sob stories about junkies croaking, but that doesn't happen in real America, so you can ignore that.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-29-2022 07:31 PM

Re: Bad customer service thread #2: surly delivery guys and babbling call-center gurus

Speaks for itself:

https://i.imgur.com/Yhxseifh.jpg

Roland 03-30-2022 04:07 PM

Re: Bad customer service thread #2: surly delivery guys and babbling call-center gurus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1297064)

You are dealing with a bunch of liars here. That vehicle has wheels and a steering wheel, it is obviously a car. Adam should not be able to get away with squirreling out after his offer.

Isabella White 03-30-2022 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland (Post 1297107)
You are dealing with a bunch of liars here. That vehicle has wheels and a steering wheel, it is obviously a car. Adam should not be able to get away with squirreling out after his offer.

Oh, yes, indeed! You are quite correct here, dear Mr. Roland. The vehicle in question is — most definitely — a car. I suggest that somebody (you, perhaps) file a lawsuit and challenge the writer of that distressing letter, in court. As you shall see in the attached video clip, there is ample proof of the validity and veracity of such a vehicle, to qualify as a genuine car!

Roland 03-30-2022 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella White (Post 1297110)
I suggest that somebody (you, perhaps) file a lawsuit and challenge the writer of that distressing letter, in court. As you shall see in the attached video clip, there is ample proof of the validity and veracity of such a vehicle, to qualify as a genuine car!

Hamsters are bad lawyers. They tend to be funny victims though: