The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52601)

GroMar731 01-16-2011 12:41 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
I will not tell you my religion, since i do not want you to convert or anything.
You are very skilled and quick to reply. I give you that.

I really do love God. I really do.
I try to live by love.
If i see somene who needs help, i help. If i see evil deeds, i try to stop them.

But here on this forum i see that peole use the god as a explanation of all their actions.

Didymus Much 01-16-2011 01:23 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GroMar731 (Post 675749)
Did God tell you to worship him?...Why would he send you to Earth and then make you waste your time on making you believe in him.

Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroMar731 (Post 675753)
...But here on this forum i see that peole use the god as a explanation of all their actions.

Don't you? :hmmm:

Pastor Ezekiel 01-16-2011 02:08 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GroMar731 (Post 675753)
I will not tell you my religion, since i do not want you to convert or anything.
You are very skilled and quick to reply. I give you that.

I really do love God. I really do.
I try to live by love.
If i see somene who needs help, i help. If i see evil deeds, i try to stop them.

But here on this forum i see that peole use the god as a explanation of all their actions.

If you love God, then you must be a Christian. Unless you love a false god. :badmood:

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

MitzaLizalor 01-16-2011 02:56 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GroMar731 (Post 675753)
I will not tell you my religion, since i do not want you to convert or anything.
You are very skilled and quick to reply. I give you that.

I really do love God. I really do.
I try to live by love.
If i see somene who needs help, i help. If i see evil deeds, i try to stop them.

But here on this forum i see that peole use the god as a explanation of all their actions.

You've rather let the cat out of the bag there haven't you?

Your religion is satanism! :haha:

Quote:

peole use the god as a explanation of all their actions
God - demoted by you to improper status :thumbdown: - is not some sort of post hoc explanation of our actions. God is The Creator of all that there is, and the reason for our actions - i.e. THE OPPOSITE of what you said.

Now it is true that perverts such as catholics, mohammedans and new-age sex gurus try to justify their actions in the way you describe, and I noticed that there is a "God" whose name you accord Proper (but in your case inappropriate) respect. This entity operates you by some process of automatic writing, it would seem (you appear to be unaware of it) and causes you to directly contradict The Bible, the Word of the Living God.

That is what Satan does. He loves to hear/read people like you saying "Oh let's bow down before this statue and kiss it a bit" or "Wow, that pædophilliac bathing himself in dog excrement is so cool, let's show off our bottoms to the deity he is so obviously representing" or "Far out tantric bliss, O enlightened daughter (do you have a younger sister?)" because those are Satan's thoughts, and when you represent them as divine, you are ascribing divinity to Satan which makes him feel really good.

He always inserts ideas that oppose what God has told us in The Bible.
the noun Good becomes "bad"
the noun Evil becomes "good"
the noun Satan becomes "god"
the noun Love becomes "hate" etc. etc.

Satan even gets the more idiotic of his disciples to recite prayers beckwards, but he is just doing that to ridicule them. :lol:

Quote:

I really do love God. I really do.
This is the god you have capitalised, the "God" you really worship. His name is Satan.
After translating this we have: I really do love Satan. I really do
I try to live by love. = I try to live by hate.
If i see somene who needs help, i help them on their way to Hell.
If i see evil deeds, i try to stop them. = If i see good deeds, i try to stop them.

Quote:

But here on this forum i see that peole use the god as a explanation of all their actions.
This is "the god" you have not capitalised, The One True God, and the one whose words have been twisted in your posts into the opposite of the real situation as written in The Bible. I do not think you are aware of what is happening to you, but the Pastoral team will be able to identify your problem and arrange exorcism, or other ministry as appropriate. Please contact them for an appointment.

handmaiden 01-16-2011 03:11 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GroMar731 (Post 675736)
I am still getting very surprised, that there are so many ways that people can twist the will of god to meet their own expectations.

If you want to molest children - just write in the book that god said you can.
If you want to kill your brother - just write that god told you so.
If you want to take the free will from women, write that god told men are superior.

I of course understand, that i will not be able to persuade you using words.
I write this for my own satisfaction, because right now i cannot use brute force to set you on the right path.

So, right now as you say, you cannot use brute force to set us on what YOU regard as the right path. Does this mean that if the opportunity presents itself you will use brute force? I'd just like to know so I can stock up on heavy concealer to hide the bruises you will be inflicting on me-- so that I can see reason as you reason that reason is to be.

Quote:

I believe that i am the true son of God.
Wow! That's just what Jesus said! Maybe you DO have the right to tell us what to do!



Quote:

God gave me free will that i can use to make my own rules on this earth. God gave me life, so that i could experience his creation.


But YOU, YOU FOLLOW THE WORDS of someone else's will.
Who put words in your BIBLE? DID THE GOD WRITE IT? NO!
Now, see in the Bible there is all this stuff written about how God wrote the Bible.

There is also all this stuff about God, being-- you know-- God. Which is where most folk get the idea about God being -- you know-- God. So, I am not sure how you can write so emphatically about -- you know -- God, when you also write stuff like --

Quote:

The bible you use is just a tool to make you in to SHEEP, so that other people could use you as they please. And you are so stupid, that you actually force your children in to this false religion.
That is so weird . . . just the other day I was reading all this stuff about avoiding false religion . . . where did I read that . . . wait! I remember! It was in the Bible!

Quote:

AGAIN - GOD IS LOVE.
AGAIN, that stuff is in the Bible. Which you think is false religion . . . hmm . . . am I seeing a pattern, here?


Quote:

When you act, you act of the free will that god gave you. Don't try to blame it on God telling you what to do. Don't try to find justification for your behavior in bible.
Where did you pick up this idea that God gave us free will? Just curious. It wasn't based on a general cultural concept transmitted from . . . The BIBLE, was it ?

Quote:

You have absolutely NO WAY of knowing what GOD wants you to do.
You lost touch with GOD as soon as you take someone else's written words for the words of GOD.
And you have absolutely NO WAY of knowing whether or not God even exists unless you want to trust a certain extensively written document written about Him --which shall not be named.

Quote:

One of the funny things is the concept of DEVIL.
He is just a scapegoat for the evil that people do.

If you kill someone, it was not the work of a devil, devil did not put the knife in you hand. He did not tell you to shove the blade in your brother.
You know, it's funny, but nobody here has ever contended that the devil made us do anything, much less kill anyone, and most definitely not our brothers.

That's because we believe that we have . . . wait for it . . . almost there. . .

Quote:

It was your own free will.
Spot on! We believe that we have free will. We also believe that the Bible talks about this "free will" thing AND that the Bible talks about God and how the best thing that God thinks that we can do with this "free will" is to obey Him by following all the other stuff in the Bible-- which He says He wrote.

Now, I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest that, maybe, just maybe, for the sake of argument, you can take free will as a completely separate element. However, I have a much harder time taking God and the Bible as separate elements, since the Bible is literally jam packed with statements about God and how He gave us the Bible so we could know about God existing and all that.

I mean, if you think hard enough about it, where else are people going to learn about God? On the streets?

Of course, He could just come right out and speak words to us -- in a loud, booming voice, of course. But based on my research, He hasn't done that for awhile now. But then again, you DID claim to be the true son of God. HAS He been speaking to you out loud? And did He mention anything about me?


Quote:

God is love, but you won't be getting any!
Aww, there you are again-- going on and on about love and getting me all warmed up and happy to hear about your God and all your brilliant, logical insights and then you pull the rug right out from underneath me.

You are NOT a fun Messiah!



Disappointedly Yours,

Handmaiden

iSoK11 01-16-2011 03:03 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Handmaiden, you seem to be an intelligent women.
Why do you let yourself mock by these men?

jim Osborne goes to vegas to sleep with whores, he gambles and loses his money. When his wife asks him about that, he simply beats her up.

Read the forumpart 'for men only'
Do read it, why don't they want you to read it?
They post tips on that page on how to beat your wife up so the police can't have proof. You are seen as a slave by them. Do you really think God likes men more than women?

These men are cowards, because they can only supress their women.
They have nothing else to say in this world. If they were true men, they would be lions to the outside and act like a fox in home.

Yet they only surpress women so it'll give them a good feeling.
They are all cowards. Jesus Christ was a man of honour and kindness.
Do you really believe that he could have said that? To surpress your women and beat them up.

These men are following the path of wickedness. If someone is going to burn, it'll be them. It's too late for them. Actually they are taken over by Satan. By putting ignorance and violence in them.

They treat you like a slave. Even if you think that that voice in your head tells you that I am a servant of Satan just trying to destroy your path of righteous. What if that voice is Satan, and he's trying to confuse you?

These men are filthy animals, satan worshippers. Because of these people, people hate religion. Something I didn't understand before.

They are on a path of wickedness, spreading violence throughout the community. They already concluded that they will go to heaven.
Is God so simple that he gave us a book and that we only have to believe in Jesus, then we are saved. God will judge us after we die.


Once again, it's your own choice. I can show you the light. They mock on handicapped people? What if they get a handicapped son/daughter?
Did Jesus get sick of people with disability's ?

robbert veitch 01-16-2011 08:26 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Yo, look right, im from england ill buy here aslong as im allowed to take her virginity and stuff?


ill happily pay 15k for her - and you can have a 24 hour loan of my ags?

PRAISE DA LAWD YO

GodLuvur99 01-16-2011 08:36 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Haha God owns!!!! We dont have any evidence of him existing, but who cares lol! Evidence is over rated. he's probably there, right guys xD

GodLuvur99 01-16-2011 08:41 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
I mean, he HAS to be. That book said so, THAT BOOK, oh man that book has all the answers, everything in that books true :), I know it doesn't add up at times like how it says God made the world in 7 days and conveniently managed to skip millions of years/existence of dinosaurs etc but HEY who cares haha, lets all leave our lives by this little book.

<3 Amen

GodLuvur99 01-16-2011 08:46 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Hey im a Christian, instead of having an intelligent debate about why god exists i'll just ban the person for their opinion. Come at me bros.

GodLuvur99 01-16-2011 08:51 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 627696)
Care to point out where in the Bible it says selling your children is wrong? Book, chapter and verse please.

Care to point out where the bible actually makes any sense what so ever? Book, chapter and verse please.

Levi Jones 01-16-2011 08:53 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GodLuvur99 (Post 676198)
Hey im a Christian, instead of having an intelligent debate about why god exists i'll just ban the person for their opinion. Come at me bros.

This is not a debate forum. This forum exists for the edification of Jesus Christ, Christian scholarship and congregation with like minded people.

You have no interest in these things. You appear to be here to throw a hissy fit and be disrespectful. Why shouldn't you be banned?

GodLuvur99 01-16-2011 08:57 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 676202)
This is not a debate forum. This forum exists for the edification of Jesus Christ, Christian scholarship and congregation with like minded people.

You have no interest in these things. You appear to be here to throw a hissy fit and be disrespectful. Why shouldn't you be banned?

Why do you think god exists? Genuinely interested. If i said i was a talking elephant in real life, you'd be like "Lol idiot, prove it."

Yeh well i'm doing the same with your claims god exist. c'mon, prove it.

Also you can say im disrespectful all you like i'm not the evil one selling my own daughter. I think you may have mental health problems.

GodLuvur99 01-16-2011 09:06 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 676202)
This is not a debate forum. This forum exists for the edification of Jesus Christ, Christian scholarship and congregation with like minded people.

You have no interest in these things. You appear to be here to throw a hissy fit and be disrespectful. Why shouldn't you be banned?

Also i do have an interest in these things, it interests me how people can be so stupid to believe in a god/the bible/etc. Theres my interest.

I put it down to being brainwashed at a young age by poor parents.

Levi Jones 01-16-2011 09:08 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GodLuvur99 (Post 676204)
Why do you think god exists? Genuinely interested. If i said i was a talking elephant in real life, you'd be like "Lol idiot, prove it."

Yeh well i'm doing the same with your claims god exist. c'mon, prove it.

Here's your proof.

http://www.wayfaring.info/wp-content...-page-full.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodLuvur99 (Post 676204)
Also you can say im disrespectful all you like i'm not the evil one selling my own daughter. I think you may have mental health problems.

You see sweetie. Sometimes adults have to make tough decisions. This economy is tough on us all. The Bible says that girl children are property and a man can sell his daughter to be a maidservant.

So maybe you can see how it makes sense. We can have badly needed money and we will have one less mouth to feed.

GodLuvur99 01-16-2011 09:11 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GodLuvur99 (Post 676210)
Also i do have an interest in these things, it interests me how people can be so stupid to believe in a god/the bible/etc. Theres my interest.

I put it down to being brainwashed at a young age by poor parents.

heh, poor parents, bringing you up to believe this stuff. and you in turn become an even poorer parent, ah, the cycle.

Billy Bob Jenkins 01-16-2011 09:14 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GodLuvur99 (Post 676212)
heh, poor parents, bringing you up to believe this stuff. and you in turn become an even poorer parent, ah, the cycle.

Why do you hate the Baby Jesus so much? All he ever wanted was to love you and take you to Heaven, but you spit in His face and defacate on His chest and say you don't love Him. How dare you?

GodLuvur99 01-16-2011 09:16 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 676211)
Here's your proof.

http://www.wayfaring.info/wp-content...-page-full.jpg



You see sweetie. Sometimes adults have to make tough decisions. This economy is tough on us all. The Bible says that girl children are property and a man can sell his daughter to be a maidservant.

So maybe you can see how it makes sense. We can have badly needed money and we will have one less mouth to feed.

That isnt proof. Thats a cloud.

Why are you believing in the bible when all it is is lies? Did god make the world in 7 days. yes or no? and if yes, explain dinosaurs.

Maybe if you spent less time believing in a fairytale and more time working the economy might not have affected your income so much.

handmaiden 01-16-2011 09:21 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSoK11 (Post 676075)
Handmaiden, you seem to be an intelligent women.

Thank you. But appearances can be deceiving.

Quote:

Why do you let yourself mock by these men?
Missing a critical verb in that sentence, there. I notice these things since I "seem to be an intelligent woman."

And I have not been mocked by the True Christian Men here ever since I stopped being Unsaved Trash.

Quote:

jim Osborne goes to vegas to sleep with whores, he gambles and loses his money. When his wife asks him about that, he simply beats her up.
To be fair, have you actually witnessed this with your own two eyes? Which begs the question, what were you doing in Las Vegas?

Quote:

Read the forumpart 'for men only'
Do read it, why don't they want you to read it?
Um, sorry, but I am confused here. Am I supposed to obey you when you use the imperative tense? Because you said so? But I'm not supposed to obey the True Christian Men here, or God, or the Bible -- again because YOU say so.

Quote:

They post tips on that page on how to beat your wife up so the police can't have proof. You are seen as a slave by them. Do you really think God likes men more than women?
Point of order -- everything that they discuss in the Men's Only Forum, where I am not allowed to go, is also written about in the Bible where I am allowed to go.

Oh, and while the Bible may not specifically state that God likes men more than women, it does very clearly set out specific social roles, responsibilities and rights for both men and women. Certainly, it does appear that women have a tougher time of it when examined from a modern perspective. But that just goes to show how far today's world has strayed from the Biblical perspective.

Quote:

These men are cowards, because they can only supress their women.
As opposed to the truly brave sort of believer who is willing to die in a horrible, flaming conflagration in order to kill a whole bunch of other people in a horrible, flaming conflagration.

Quote:

They have nothing else to say in this world.
Again, that statement works just as well for the men in my sentence prior to your quote directly above.

Quote:

If they were true men, they would be lions to the outside and act like a fox in home.
Do you know anything about lions? They strut around the waterhole, showing off their great hair, while the lioness's do all the work of hunting down the food, and bringing it home. THEN, they have to make sure that none of the cubs--who may be starving--bother the lion while he gorges himself first, because he's not above killing a cub to prove a point.

If I had a man who went around acting like that, I'd have to collect the minimal sprinkles of my self-esteem in a thimble just to know where it went.

As to acting like a fox at home-- I am not conversant with the domestic arrangements of that particular mammal, so I will refrain from comment.

Quote:

Yet they only surpress women so it'll give them a good feeling.
Oh, a lot of men press women to get a good feeling . . oh, you meant something else. Well, you know, the Bible says so and all that--gotta obey the Bible if you're gonna call yourself a Bible Believer.

Quote:

They are all cowards. Jesus Christ was a man of honour and kindness.
Jesus Christ was God, as per the Bible. And are you really that carefully versed regarding His personality and character? Because you don't seem to have made a career out of studying the Bible--and that is considered to be-- by most of the world-- the essential source material for learning about Jesus.

Quote:

Do you really believe that he could have said that? To surpress your women and beat them up.
Regardless of what I personally believe, if I want to know what Jesus said, all I have to do is look it up in the Bible! Seriously, it is just that simple. They even have special Bibles out there with all of Jesus's direct spoken words printed in a different color than the rest of the text, to make it easier.


Quote:

These men are following the path of wickedness. If someone is going to burn, it'll be them.
I notice that you wrote "if". Are you not completely certain that there is a hell where people are going to burn in pain eternally?

Quote:

It's too late for them. Actually they are taken over by Satan. By putting ignorance and violence in them.
Here, at least, you seem certain of yourself. One gets the idea that you are really convinced of the reality of Satan's existence. You may be overstating the ignorance and violence of True Christian Men, however. Some of them have been reading and writing -- in multiple languages-- for a long time. And none of them has ever hit me. And I am not saying that because they need me to defend them, you understand, because they're MEN.

Quote:

They treat you like a slave.
Well, I've worked for companies where I was treated like a veal calf, or a worker drone in a beehive, so I guess I'm used to it.

Quote:

Even if you think that that voice in your head tells you that I am a servant of Satan just trying to destroy your path of righteous. What if that voice is Satan, and he's trying to confuse you?
Honestly, the only voice that I hear in my head is my mother's, telling me that I can't do anything right, but I'm working on shutting her up.

Quote:

These men are filthy animals, satan worshippers. Because of these people, people hate religion. Something I didn't understand before.
Oh, you and your hyperbole. They are NOT filthy; they bath as regularly as everyone else. And unlike animals, they eat with a knife and fork, and they don't lick their . . . okay, I'm really not privy to that information, so I'll stop on that topic.

And if people hate religion because of them, well, that's too bad. People are responsible for their own faith. And a little truth about religion and the Bible and God isn't going to hurt anyone -- except for cowards who don't have the courage to look in the mirror and face who and what they really are.

Quote:

They are on a path of wickedness, spreading violence throughout the community. They already concluded that they will go to heaven.
Is God so simple that he gave us a book and that we only have to believe in Jesus, then we are saved. God will judge us after we die.
All that prose sounds like a Biblical narrative. And yet you are arguing that God isn't a simple concept and that He didn't just give us a book to follow and we don't just have to believe in a Savior. I really don't mind that you are arguing, but if you could just do it more effectively and with more natural prose, it would be less irritating.

And you do realize how absurd it is to inform us-- in such authoritarian fashion-- that God will judge us after we die? As if; 1) We're aren't already intimately aware of that concept from our dedication to reading the Bible; and 2) As if we are actually afraid of such judgment and; 3) As if YOU were the one personally charged by God to inform us poor, deluded fools the truth about God and His final judgment et al infinitum.

Knock, Knock? Who's there? People who already figured out the truth about God for themselves!

Quote:

Once again, it's your own choice.
You're darn tootin' right that it's my choice. And YOU didn't give it to me and I don't need YOU to remind me of my rights.

Quote:

I can show you the light.
You can show me your opinion. I have concluded that your opinion offers nothing to the purpose of my enlightenment.

Quote:

They mock on handicapped people? What if they get a handicapped son/daughter?
I wouldn't call it mocking so much as discussing the Bible's pronouncements on various subjects in a way that is more accessible to a public that is unable or unwilling to plow their way through the Bible to find this stuff out for themselves. Somebody's gotta do it.

Quote:

Did Jesus get sick of people with disability's ?
No, Jesus did not get sick of people's disability. According to the Bible, He cured it with His miraculous powers because He was GOD.

But I am getting sick of you. Or maybe I'm getting sick of hearing myself talk. I'm willing to admit that I can be a bit much sometimes, which is an admission that I doubt that I will be hearing from you, Oh Show -er of the Light.

(That was mocking, by the way, just wanted to be clear.)

Drainedly Yours,

Handmaiden

Wide-Open 01-16-2011 09:23 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GodLuvur99 (Post 676215)
Did god make the world in 7 days. yes or no?

No.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:38 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved