The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52601)

MarcoPolo 12-10-2010 08:44 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?

Isn't this considered slavery? I should totally call the authority on your ass.

Levi Jones 12-10-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcoPolo (Post 651471)
Isn't this considered slavery? I should totally call the authority on your ass.

I don't believe so. Young people can get married with parental consent. A dowry is fine as long as it is reported to the tax authority.

Dowry is also biblically sanctioned as per Genesis 34:12

12Ask me never so much dowry and gift, and I will give according as ye shall say unto me: but give me the damsel to wife.

The Bible also says a man has the right to sell his daughter as a maidservant.

Exodus 21:7-11
7And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
8If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.
9And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.
10If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.
11And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.

MaharishiRajaHari 12-11-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 651485)
I don't believe so. Young people can get married with parental consent. A dowry is fine as long as it is reported to the tax authority.

Dowry is also biblically sanctioned as per Genesis 34:12

12Ask me never so much dowry and gift, and I will give according as ye shall say unto me: but give me the damsel to wife.

The Bible also says a man has the right to sell his daughter as a maidservant.

Exodus 21:7-11
7And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
8If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.
9And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.
10If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.
11And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.

Well if you get a good price ha-ha just joking this is bad thing you see
this is a hateful thing that you doing. you don't want to talk about it.
You must love and take care of your daughter as you are her benefactor and you must love and respect her, if you don't do this you will build up bad Karma and do yourself great harm on your souls journey into the rainbow river on the Bardo

Paul Emanuel 12-11-2010 11:39 PM

A rainbow river? Did you hit your head too hard?

MaharishiRajaHari 12-12-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Emanuel (Post 652423)
A rainbow river? Did you hit your head too hard?

I'm refering to the rainbow bridge meditation practising

Look it up learn more here or do a google searching

Soul-oneness-astral-brother in oneness forever I can see your a Soul seeking source you can find it if you want it and the light your higher self in guiding you to the light energy

Blessing of Krishna

Cranky Old Man 12-12-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaharishiRajaHari (Post 652456)
Soul-oneness-astral-brother in oneness forever I can see your a Soul seeking source you can find it if you want it and the light your higher self in guiding you to the light energy

If I am in the dark I just pull the light switch. Do you ever make sense?

Pastor Ezekiel 12-12-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaharishiRajaHari (Post 652456)
I'm refering to the rainbow bridge meditation practising

Look it up learn more here or do a google searching

Blessing of Krishna

This is a Christian forum. Go worship your demons somewhere else.

MaharishiRajaHari 12-12-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 652458)
If I am in the dark I just pull the light switch. Do you ever make sense?

Hallo soul group brother you are seeking the light yes
The lighting I speaking of is the total light of Love total awareness of the mind and soul body of the all presence super being which is the you

Krishna blessing you

James Dewitt 12-13-2010 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaharishiRajaHari (Post 652867)
Hallo soul group brother you are seeking the light yes
The lighting I speaking of is the total light of Love total awareness of the mind and soul body of the all presence super being which is the you

Krishna blessing you

I think I am going to barf! John Lennon was killed by Jesus 30 years ago, give it up and get a job ya damn hippie.

Bible Student 12-14-2010 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 627743)
Jesus was a self-employed carpenter:

MARK 6 ©1611
2 And when the Sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the Synagogue: and many hearing him, were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? And what wisedome is this which is giuen vnto him, that euen such mightie workes are wrought by his hands?
3 Is not this the carpenter, the sonne of Mary, the brother of Iames and Ioses, and of Iuda, and Simon? And are not his sisters heere with vs? And they were offended at him.

And his family was rich to boot. First consider Matthew 2:1-11. Now just how much would the King of Kings receive as a tribute by Wise Men who traveled about 1000 miles to worship him? Well perhaps considering another great king, but certainly not the King of kings, Solomon we see in I Kings 10:14 -- Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one yere, was five hundred, threescore & six talents of gold. Now a talent was about 3,000 shekels (Exodus 38:24-29) which equals 60 minas (1Kings 9:14) which is about 34.5 kilograms (Matthew 18:24) or even 75 to 98 pounds of gold (Revelation 16:21). Considering a price of gold is $1403 an ounce (it took a slight dive) or $22,448 a pound. So one talent would be worth $2,199,904. 566 of them would be worth $1,245,156,984 more or less. Now the gifts given to Solomon to build his temple were estimated to be worth 174 billion dollars. [Take my word for it as the calculations are complex,] Ergo the Wise Men made Jesus' family rich. Why else would he know so much about wealth, finance, the rich, and royalty? Because he hung out with them. Many a bible verse tells us he was at one rich man's house or another.

Levi Jones 12-14-2010 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaharishiRajaHari (Post 652262)
Well if you get a good price ha-ha just joking this is bad thing you see
this is a hateful thing that you doing. you don't want to talk about it.
You must love and take care of your daughter as you are her benefactor and you must love and respect her, if you don't do this you will build up bad Karma and do yourself great harm on your souls journey into the rainbow river on the Bardo

I realize you people follow the Hindu religion much like Mormons follow Christianity.

Still, in your peaceful placid cow religion, there are multiple burnings over there not being a large enough dowry.

MitzaLizalor 12-14-2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bible Student
Considering a price of gold is $1403 an ounce (it took a slight dive) or $22,448 a pound.

spot gold @ $1403 [ozt]
pound of gold = $16,836 [troy]

Baptist Grizz 12-14-2010 08:58 PM

I must first of all apologise for not making an introduction thread, I will soon do that. I just had to quickly make an account and bid for this fantastic offer!
I will place my bid at $26,500

I would like to know a few details though, does this item come with free post and package and also will it be delivered by a courier or will I have to collect it from my local depot?

Many thanks,
Grizz.

James Hutchins 12-14-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baptist Grizz (Post 654490)
I must first of all apologise for not making an introduction thread, I will soon do that. I just had to quickly make an account and bid for this fantastic offer!
I will place my bid at $26,500

I would like to know a few details though, does this item come with free post and package and also will it be delivered by a courier or will I have to collect it from my local depot?

Many thanks,
Grizz.

Please PM me your banking information. Once the funds are verified and the transfer is complete, we will FedEx you your documentation and include a check for all shipping expenses. This can take up to 120 days and we ask you be patient.:thumbsup:

Sam_the_saved 12-14-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalisNOTmusic (Post 632879)
Are you people seriously selling children like property?
That is just wrong on so many levels.

Brother, I too remember my days of ignorance. They were terrible, sinful times for me. But, like Job before me, I was saved.

Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up.
Job, 4. 15

The holy ghost touched me. Now unbeliever you must realize that the lords word is all that is good and true.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
Exodus 20:17

Daughters, like a wife or a female slave are mere women. And we are told often in the books of the lord that women are not really people. They are more an outgrowth of man, a tool, designed by god in all his wiseness to provide us with a means of producing more children in his glorious image. You were mistaken when you said that we were thinking of selling "children like property" as that implies that the thing involved is a person. No, we are simply committing the godly act of "selling property."

Lycia The Repentant 12-14-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam_the_saved (Post 654549)
Daughters, like a wife or a female slave are mere women. And we are told often in the books of the lord that women are not really people. They are more an outgrowth of man, a tool, designed by god in all his wiseness to provide us with a means of producing more children in his glorious image. You were mistaken when you said that we were thinking of selling "children like property" as that implies that the thing involved is a person. No, we are simply committing the godly act of "selling property."

"We"? I don't recall seeing you at church before, friend. <_<

Anyways, you seem to have made a small, yet important, mistake in your summary. Women, though we are inclined towards foolishness and sinfulness, are people, its just that the Bible does not have any prohibitions against selling people. Of course, being a mere women myself, I may have misunderstood scripture, and would gladly accept a rebuking from a Godly man such as a pastor if I am wrong.

Also, please take care to capitalize pronouns when referring to Him, friend.

cazoofool 12-14-2010 10:46 PM

So, your selling off your daughter, someone you are meant to love and care for, as a form of prostitution and forced labour to someone you have never met, to a paedophile. And here silly me thought marriage was about love and caring and wishing to spend the rest of your life with someone, but apparently no, just cheap labour and free sex.

WinnerNotSinner 12-14-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazoofoo (Post 654585)
So, your selling off your daughter, someone you are meant to love and care for, as a form of prostitution and forced labour to someone you have never met, to a paedophile. And here silly me thought marriage was about love and caring and wishing to spend the rest of your life with someone, but apparently no, just cheap labour and free sex.

Lets not kid ourselves, young girls are next to useless, they lack the basic cognitive ability their male counterparts and are LESS THAN HALF as strong in the upper body. The Bible helps tell us how we can use girls in a productive and economically advantageous way - by selling them. How is saving their souls for eternity not "loving and caring"? Would you rather she burned in hell? You disgust me. :bad:

Are you calling Levi's daughter a prostitute? :angry: You're on thin ice, boy, and the Devil will be under it when it breaks.

Bible Student 12-15-2010 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 654186)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bible Student
Considering a price of gold is $1403 an ounce (it took a slight dive) or $22,448 a pound.
spot gold @ $1403 [ozt]
pound of gold = $16,836 [troy]

You would be correct if troy were used. However the troy pound is no longer in use, and most biblical conversion methods use avoirdupois even when speaking of precious metals. Or at least many of the ones I have come across. But either way that is till a boatload (or hundred) of money.

Pastor Ezekiel 12-15-2010 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazoofoo (Post 654585)

We care about JESUS you imbecile!! Read the Bible!! :rtfm: