The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Prayer of the American Public School Child (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=120096)

Mary Etheldreda 06-06-2022 10:38 PM

Prayer of the American Public School Child

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If scripture now the class recites
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And any time my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.

But our hair can be purple, orange or green
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.

In silence alone we must meditate
God's name is prohibited by the State.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues, and cheeks.

They've outlawed guns but FIRST the Bible
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen
And the "unwed daddy" our Senior King.

It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong
We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.
We can get our condoms and birth controls
Study witchcraft, vampires, and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed
No Word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here, I must confess
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So Lord, this silent plea I make...
Should I be shot, my soul please take.

In Jesus' name

Amen

Johny Joe Hold 06-07-2022 12:03 AM

Re: Prayer of the American Public School Child

I choked up reading that. Our public schools need to be shaken up and brought into conformity with God's law. There is not a minute to spare.

Dennis Lukes 06-07-2022 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1299167)
Should I be shot, my soul please take.

I'm torn. On the one hand, it's terrible for a Christian child to be shot. The unsaved beast that would harm one hair on one of our innocent children's heads must be destroyed, annihilated, eradicated from the earth and delivered unto damnation. But that Saved child gets to go straight to Heaven without suffering the intervening 60-70 years like the rest of us. I wish I'd been killed in a mass shooting as a child because I'd be in Heaven right now, not sitting in this motel lobby working for a living with lumbar problems and worsening nearsightedness a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶r̶e̶c̶t̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶d̶y̶s̶f̶u̶n̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ and a mortgage and taxes. While you're at their funeral weeping, your child is eating ice cream cones and playing table tennis with our lord Jesus Christ.

So while the act of murdering a Christian child (like the Jews do in their unholy rituals) is far worse than killing a Godless child, the consequences for the child are far more positive. An unsaved kid gets blasted, they go straight to Hell. Maybe it "wasn't their fault" they didn't accept Him as their Savior, doesn't matter, Jesus DGAF. If they hadn't died, they would've had a lot more time in which to see the error of their wicked ways and become washed in the blood of the lamb.

My point is that school shootings are a mixed blessing and maybe not always a good thing. It's worth thinking about.

Bezukhov 06-07-2022 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1299168)
I choked up reading that. Our public schools need to be shaken up and brought into conformity with God's law. There is not a minute to spare.

Here's a start in that direction. No student shall be allowed to graduate unless they show they were baptized by a True Christian, and sent a very large tithe to the Landover Baptist Church.