The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Christian Homeschooling Guide to HISTORY! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=96589)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-08-2014 02:18 AM

The Christian Homeschooling Guide to HISTORY!

The Christian Homeschooling Guide to HISTORY!

This day in history
This day in conservative Christian history

Analysis
The Bitcher Scale - tool for predicting political controversies
The Official Diety Bodycount - God-fearers take note: History proves which Deity is the most fearsome!
Pastor Deacon Fred's predictions - amazing track record!

Ancient history
archaeology

Genesis aka prehistory
Adam & Eve | Extinction | Fossils | Monsters | Neandertals | Stonehenge

Reign of Moses

Old Testament

Ancient Greece

Ancient Rome

Late Antiquity (100 AD - 500 AD)

Time of Christ
crucifixion

Dark ages (200 – 700)

Middle Ages (5th–15th century)

Byzantine empire

Early Middle Ages (500 – 1000)

Viking Age (793 – 1066)

High Middle Ages (1000 – 1300)
Witch Hunts

Late Middle Ages (1300 – 1450)

The Renaissance (1300 – 1600)
cherubs

Early modern period (1450 - 1750)
King James

Age of Discovery (or Exploration) (1400 – 1700)
Christopher Columbus | Dutch Empire | Spanish Empire |

Elizabethan period (1558 – 1603)

Protestant Reformation (16th century)
Martin Luther | Lutherans | Protestants

Age of Enlightenment (18th century)

Georgian Era (1714–1830)

American Revolution
Founding Fathers

Industrial Revolution

Age of European colonialism and imperialism
The First Thanksgiving

Romantic Era (1770–1850)

Napoleonic Era (1799–1815)

War of Yankee aggression (1861-present)
KKK | Lincoln | Nathan Bedford Forrest | Slavery | States rights| South shall rise again

Victorian era, guilded age
1890s | Emocaust

Edwardian period (1901–1910)
Suffragettes | Theodore Roosevelt | William Howard Taft

Within living memory

World War I
Geneva Conventions | Woodrow Wilson

Roaring Twenties
Prohibition | Confederate Memorials

Great Depression
Franklin Roosevelt | Herbert Hoover

World War II
Anne Frank | Hitler | Holocaust | Mistakes Were Made | Nazis

Post-war era (1946–1962)
civil rights movement | nuklear

The Fifties
Eisenhower | John Birch Society

Cold War
Communist threat to freedom

Korean War
Korea

Vietnam War (1955–1975)
Vietnam | Cambodia

Space Age (after 1957)
moon landing hoax | NASA

The Sixties
Civil Rights | Hippies | John F Kennedy | Lyndon Johnson | New Age

Post-Modern (1973–present)

The Seventies
Jimmy Carter | Richard Nixon

The Eighties
AIDS | George H Bush | Falkland Islands | Ronald Reagan | Tianamen Square Incident

The Nineties
Hillary Clinton | Bill Clinton | Newt Gingrich

The 2000s
Barak HUSSIEN Obama | George W Bush

War on Terrorism (2001–present)
9-11 changed everything

War in Afghanistan (2001–present)

War in Iraq (2003–2011)

The Social Age (2004–present)
Facebook | #MeToo | Myspace | Reddit | Tik Tok | Twitter | Wikileaks | Youtube

The Tens (2010–2019)
Final Days | Donald Trump

The Twenties (2020-2029)

Final Days (continued) | COVID | Joe Biden | Vladmir Putin | Jewkraine

The Future

Revelations

Heaven

Generations

The disciples of Christ (10BC - Present)
The lost generation (1900 - 1950's)
Greatest Generation (1920's - 1990's)
Baby Boomers (1950's - present)
Generation X (Late 1960's - present)
Millennials (1980's - present)Gen Z (After 911 changed everything)

Trent Harvey, Jr. 03-22-2014 12:06 PM

Re: The Christian Homeschooling Guide to HISTORY!

Ah, homeschooling. I would never have become what I am without it.

Did I ever tell you about my brief period at a public school? It lasted a couple of days. Other kids made fun of me, I nut-punched them, and the teacher said the usual "sticks and stones, just ignore them and they'll just go away".

So I said "You're a slutty kike and that the holocaust didn't happen but I wish it did, you motheef***ing wide-c***ed whore."

That brought her around to my opinion very quickly.

Also I got sent back to homeschooling, DOUBLE KILL!

Talitha 03-22-2014 01:10 PM

I was Homeskooled and wouldn't have become the level headed non-judgmental person that I am today without it.

KateSanders 03-23-2014 09:53 PM

I started homeschooling my little boy a year ago, and I assure you that this will be a resource I refer to quite frequently. Thank you for posting it!

sapien82 03-26-2014 12:35 PM

I have a question about homeschooling in general ,

homeschooling parents, how do you teach children how to behave and react in social environments which they would normally learn in school around other children when they are schooled at home ?

You know the social awareness they cant be taught and have to learn on their own in order to integrate themselves into society ?

thanks

Basilissa 03-26-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapien82 (Post 1076577)

homeschooling parents, how do you teach children how to behave and react in social environments which they would normally learn in school around other children when they are schooled at home ?

You know the social awareness they cant be taught and have to learn on their own in order to integrate themselves into society ?

thanks

Te rephrase your question: you are asking if homeschooling parents do everything they can to get their kids bullied, or to make them into bullies (I'm sure you agree it's a huge part of a "normal school environment").

I should let a parent answer this, but in my humble opinion, the less children are exposed to bullying, the better.

sapien82 03-26-2014 02:19 PM

Basilissa , no my question was not about bullying , had I asked about bullying the word "bullying" would have been specifically written in the question

what is it with people on here , when one thing is written its then taken and interpreted as something completely different I sense a common theme here!

What I mean is , how does home schooling teach children social skills which they can only learn themselves by interacting with other children from different backgrounds and cultures , this is something homeschooling cannot teach !

It is a perfectly valid question , is there a christian answer to this ?

Cranky Old Man 03-26-2014 03:11 PM

All Christians boys should be homeschooled to the point they understand why they have to vote republican. Homeschooling girls is a waste of time. If they need skills like reading or writing they can ask their husbands.

Basilissa 03-26-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapien82 (Post 1076599)
Basilissa , no my question was not about bullying , had I asked about bullying the word "bullying" would have been specifically written in the question

OK. Because, you see, I had the misfortune of being a student in a public school, and it was the worst time in my life. I was bullied for years, and my biggest regret is that when they finally picked on somebody else, I just sat there, quietly. I knew that I should stand up to defend him, but I was too afraid. I was also relieved that it was somebody else, and not me, and I was deeply ashamed of that feeling, too.

The last I knew of that bullied boy is that he went to the seminary to become a Catholic priest. This way, he can perpetuate the cycle of abuse, I guess.

I never made any friends at that school - all of my friends were people whom I knew from other circles (neighborhood, my parent's friends kids, miscellaneous clubs). And, it took me years to recover from being bullied - unlearn what I have learned at school - and learn how to interact with people in a real world.

Quote:

What I mean is , how does home schooling teach children social skills which they can only learn themselves by interacting with other children from different backgrounds and cultures , this is something homeschooling cannot teach !
So I guess you are against elite private schools, too, huh?

Mary Etheldreda 03-26-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapien82 (Post 1076577)

thanks

Cranky is right, as usual. A testament to his clever brain and Spirit-Led soul. Homeschooling girls to behave and react in social environments in which the LORD calls them to occupy include being submissive to her husband. To this end, the girl learns by being submissive to her father. She learns such skills as First Time Obedience, how to anticipate the needs of her father/husband, and how to provide a pleasing environment for her father/husband. Why, we even have great, lovely galas and balls that celebrate this wonderful relationship between the father/husband. In accordance to Scripture and the Mind and Will of God Almighty Himself, we in Freehold have a most glamorous Purity Ball each and every spring! I won't post any photographs from Freehold as our security practices are far more strict than other American towns, but you can get an idea from here (the girls carrying the cross was an idea Daisy Mae Johnson came up with years ago - she choreographs the most beautiful presentations!):

http://www.lifeofguangzhou.com/node_...35227146_2.jpg
The girls bring in the cross, symbolic of upporting Christ's Temporary Sacrifice through
the power of virginity.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/def...?itok=eN3VpZqY
Obey and glorify Jesus by obeying and honoring father, and eventually husband,
as the Good Lord intended. This is how homeschool girls learn socialization.

http://elizabethtolson.com/mfa-thesi...12/09/610x.jpg
Father watches his daughter sign the purity covenant between her, him, and the LORD.
She pledges to not be a whore, and keep her virginity in tact until her father decides
it's time for her to start having babies.

The boys learn to be obedient unto their fathers, learn how to take responsibility from their mothers, and naturally assume leadership roles when a suitable wife is procured. By this time, the father of the young man has prayerfully considered whether or not his son is ready to start his own family, lead his wife and children into Salvation (Ephesians 5:23), and like Cranky mentioned, consistently vote Republican.

sapien82 03-27-2014 10:12 AM

Hi Baslissa,

I'm sorry to hear you were bullied as a child, your right the cycle of abuse is what causes children to carry out acts of bullying
if they have been abused themselves likely by their parents and they too carry out the cycle and it perpetuates.

I guess you learned life the hard way as a child, but what doesn't kill you

Hi Mary, thanks for your response

those girls look happy , tell me what are they allowed to do as women, do they have any rights? I assume they have the same rights as everyone else in the states or do they have less rights as christian Americans, are they allowed to vote? (maybe you can help enlighten my ignorance of christian females in the US)

thanks for your time

Cranky Old Man 03-27-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapien82 (Post 1076774)
those girls look happy , tell me what are they allowed to do as women, do they have any rights? I assume they have the same rights as everyone else in the states or do they have less rights as christian Americans, are they allowed to vote? (maybe you can help enlighten my ignorance of christian females in the US)

OF course they are happy. They know they have to suffer as punishment for Eve's sins but they also know that doing everything that Jesus commands means once the suffering is over and they die they can go to Heaven.

The scripture on this matter is extremely relevant: "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." (Genesis 3:16)

Here you can see that Eve and all women after her are punished for Eve's sins by having to suffer great pains during childbirth and by having to obey their husbands. It's important to point out to all women who refuse to obey their husbands that they can not ignore God's well deserved punishment for Eve's sins. It's just not an option. Just like using pain killers during childbirth is a direct violation of God's commandments.

Mary Etheldreda 03-27-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

those girls look happy , tell me what are they allowed to do as women

Why, they're allowed to fear and serve the LORD as they have been created for just such a purpose!

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
Fear God, and keep his commandments:
for this is the whole duty of man
Ecclesiastes 12:13

Naomi Ruth Lamb 03-28-2014 01:59 AM

Sister Mary,

I'm sure you may use these titles in homeschooling your delightful, well-behaved, socially conscious children when it's time for history class. I only recently learned of them and have ordered 100 of each so that parents throughout Freehold can use them.

"Jesus Voted for Reagan: A Youngster's Guide to the Electoral Process"

" Truth and the Jewish Nation: Why these Concepts are Incompatible"

"20 Years a Slave until that Evil Lincoln Stole my Heritage"

"Why God made George Bush President"

"Never Forget: Another Clinton Presidency? NO!"

"Roosevelt's Shameful New Deal with the Devil"

"Was Eleanor Gaywise? (The Sinful World of Women's Politics"

"Should a Woman Be President? (Only if it's her Ladies Bible Club)"

"Women Should Vote! (and other humorous tales)"

Basilissa 03-28-2014 02:09 AM

Quote:

Hi Baslissa,

I'm sorry to hear you were bullied as a child, your right the cycle of abuse is what causes children to carry out acts of bullying
if they have been abused themselves likely by their parents and they too carry out the cycle and it perpetuates.

I guess you learned life the hard way as a child, but what doesn't kill you

Hi sweetie,

It's not polite not to answer our questions, especially when we are doing our best to answer yours.

I'll repeat my question: since you want children to be exposed to others from "different backgrounds and cultures," are you against private schools as well? Because, uh, there ain't much diversity in such schools, you know.

H. Montague Worthington 03-28-2014 04:51 AM

Although obedient wives do most of the homeschooling, it's very important for fathers should be closely involved in selecting the curriculum. When we were homeschooling my daughter, I decided that her 5th year of schooling should be dedicated entirely to the study of the preparation of roast beef, because of my love for that dish.

Now I know that our values and our family tradition will be carried on by my daughter, because in the event of my wife Dolores' mysterious disappearance I will have a young maiden to prepare my favorite dishes in the style to which I am accustomed.

sapien82 03-28-2014 07:51 AM

Hi Basilissa,
sorry I forgot to address that last question in my previous post
I was going to reply but I can only respond every so many seconds and by that time my lunch break had finished.

Anyways no i'm not against private schools as I'm all for children getting an excellent education the better we educate children the better chance our species has at survival and the further we understand the world around us.

Mr Worthington, should your daughter become so great at making roast beef and she wanted to become a world class chef but still be a good christian would you let her follow her dream of making the worlds best roast beef?

Basilissa 03-28-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapien82 (Post 1077065)
Anyways no i'm not against private schools as I'm all for children getting an excellent education the better we educate children the better chance our species has at survival and the further we understand the world around us.

You do realize, that private schools are carefully constructed environments where rich entitled white Christian kids go and interact with other rich entitled white Christian kids, right? So, how is that different from homeschooling?

Mother Of Seven 03-28-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 1076608)
All Christians boys should be homeschooled to the point they understand why they have to vote republican. Homeschooling girls is a waste of time. If they need skills like reading or writing they can ask their husbands.

I make sure that my girls are well schooled, so that they in turn are capable of home-schooling their own sons when the time comes. So they learn education techniques, which the boys needn't bother with.

Milkshakecrusader 11-13-2016 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1076591)
Te rephrase your question: you are asking if homeschooling parents do everything they can to get their kids bullied, or to make them into bullies (I'm sure you agree it's a huge part of a "normal school environment").

I should let a parent answer this, but in my humble opinion, the less children are exposed to bullying, the better.

How did I receive an 100 point infraction? May I ever get the chance to post a family-friendly forum on a certain topic (That isn't included)
anytime soon?