The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Simple hunting recipes that even men can cook! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115721)

Basilissa 01-11-2019 03:50 AM

Simple hunting recipes that even men can cook!

Cooking is women's duty, and men have no need nor patience to do so. Nonetheless, there are some occasions when men have no helpmeets (Genesis 2:18) to serve them. A hunting expedition is such an occasion, but the real reason why I am starting this thread is because I am deeply moved by the abuse and neglect which Brother Cranky Old Man is suffering right at this moment. :( (Will you join me in a minute of prayer for Brother Cranky's well-being in this dire situation before reading further? ... Thank you.).

Hence, here is a simple recipe which can be made over open fire; ideally over a bonfire in the woods, but an indoor fireplace will do, too. I am including a very basic men-only version of the recipe in bold, and an expanded version for females in grey. Please note that I am not providing quantities as this is not a baking recipe, so you just add ingredients and spices to taste.

Bonfire shish-kebobs

Ingredients:
Meat
Potatoes (or some other starchy vegetable, e.g. yucca or sweet potato)
Marinade for the meat: salt, pepper, olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, lemon juice
Vegetables for the shish-kebob, e.g. onions, zucchini, green peppers
Hot sauce: salty peanut butter (check in the ingredients, it cannot contain any sugar, or it will ruin the flavor), cilantro, hot peppers, olive oil, milk

Directions:
1. Place potatoes in the ashes - not too close to the actual fire/embers, but somewhere where ash is still quite warm - it will take a while.
2. Cut meat in cubes. (I'm assuming you already killed and skinned it at this stage).
2a. Mix the meat with the marinade and set aside for 15 minutes.
2b. Cut the vegetables in pieces and sprinkle with olive oil and salt.
2c. Prepare the hot sauce by mixing all ingredients in the blender. If flavor too hot add more milk and peanut butter. If flavor too mild, throw another couple of hot peppers.
3. Put the meat (and vegetables) on the skewers.
4. Place the skewers over open fire. Please note that when following the recipe over indoor fireplace (see picture below), this step needs to be performed when there are plenty of hot embers but the fire is small.

https://i.postimg.cc/FR3Z67dR/firepl...ishkebob01.jpg
The fire should be smaller than this to avoid food getting too burned on the edges. Note the potato slowly cooking in the front.

5. When the meat (and vegetables) is done, remove from fire.
6. Potato should be also done at this time. (Check if soft with the tip of your hunting knife; if burned by the embers, it will be hard on the outside but soft inside).
6a. Add hot sauce and you are done!
7. Eat!

https://i.postimg.cc/902pHCZB/firepl...ishkebob02.jpg
Like I said, fire was too tall and the food got a little bit too burned, but it was still delicious!

DolliMoans 01-11-2019 06:36 AM

Re: Simple hunting recipes that even men can cook!

Wow, that actually sounds edible. I think I'll try it.

WilliamJenningsBryan 01-11-2019 07:35 AM

What a glorious recipe Sister Basilissa - and try cooking that with wind or solar power. In an age where the phrase "bringing home the bacon" is being banned because of "toxic" masculinity, no doubt some vegan SJW libtard is going to have a meltdown - and we can all celebrate.

Basilissa 01-11-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan (Post 1244298)
What a glorious recipe Sister Basilissa - and try cooking that with wind or solar power.

I did try, once, the latter. :ph34r: Let's put it this way: when the time necessary to boil a small amount of water (just enough to boil Cranky's eggs) finally aproaches, one is already past the hunger stage, and solely in the mood to torture and kill the inventor of this contraption! :lol:

Dennis Lukes 01-11-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan (Post 1244298)
and try cooking that with wind or solar power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1244307)
I did try, once, the latter. :ph34r: Let's put it this way: when the time necessary to boil a small amount of water (just enough to boil Cranky's eggs) finally aproaches, one is already past the hunger stage, and solely in the mood to torture and kill the inventor of this contraption! :lol:

Earlier in this school year, my youngest boy Kenny had a school assignment in his "science" class (already a red flag). Apparently each student had to make a "solar cooker" using aluminum foil and other household products. I told him he should forget that sissy hippie crap and bring in our portable propane grill. His liberal teacher had the cheek to give him an F. :angry: The other kids, who God probably smote with salmonella for being tree-huggers and eating raw hot dogs, all passed.

Cranky Old Man 01-12-2019 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1244292)
7. Eat!

Excellent advice! This shows that even women, just like broken clocks, can be right every once in a while.

BrotherLarry 01-13-2019 09:06 PM

Cranky, I feel for your plight and would like to offer some assistance. You see, I know a female person who will come to your home, cook, clean, give you baths, even do your shopping for you. All this while remaining completely quiet. Her name is Jing and she hails from China. She is honest, hard working, and lives in your area. Just say the word and I'll fix it up.

She doesn't like loud noises so you'd have to keep her locked in if you went to do target practice. Some noise cancelling headphones would probably do the trick.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 01-13-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1244395)
She doesn't like loud noises so you'd have to keep her locked in if you went to do target practice. Some noise cancelling headphones would probably do the trick.

I assume the noise-cancelling headphones are for Brother Cranky, to block out the wailing?

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 01-13-2019 10:32 PM

This thread makes me very uncomfortable. On the one hand, I like meat and potatoes so that's good. On the other hand, a woman is telling me what to do. Not only that, but a woman is telling me what to do and it's supposed to be HER job. Stop the femsplaining, I don't approve of it at all.

Basilissa 01-13-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1244403)
This thread makes me very uncomfortable. On the one hand, I like meat and potatoes so that's good. On the other hand, a woman is telling me what to do. Not only that, but a woman is telling me what to do and it's supposed to be HER job. I don't like it at all.

I am very sorry that I have triggered you, Brother Toole. :( As I said, the instructions for men are to be used solely in occasions where there is no female to assist you (like a hunting trip - you would not want a lady whining about breaking her stiletto and not being able to walk any further, in the middle of the woods).

I will do my best to avoid triggering you in the future. Should I edit the opening post by adding a trigger warning? :hmmm:

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 01-14-2019 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1244405)
I am very sorry that I have triggered you, Brother Toole. :( As I said, the instructions for men are to be used solely in occasions where there is no female to assist you (like a hunting trip - you would not want a lady whining about breaking her stiletto and not being able to walk any further, in the middle of the woods).

I mean, couldn't you prepare something in advance for the men to bring with them? This is so awkward. I wish you hadn't brought it up in the first place. :nono:

AntiToxic 04-12-2020 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1244403)
This thread makes me very uncomfortable. On the one hand, I like meat and potatoes so that's good. On the other hand, a woman is telling me what to do. Not only that, but a woman is telling me what to do and it's supposed to be HER job. Stop the femsplaining, I don't approve of it at all.

Only LIEberals, DEMONrats and WOMEN need trigger warnings. Especially those feminazis, that invented the need for trigger warnings.

Are you unable to process your emotions? What a womanly trait.

You should make an apology to this lady and her male guardian for demanding her to change her helpful and GODLY behavior. She's a TRUE CHRISTIAN giving clear instructions. You have come to the thread made for "the women of Landover to discuss recipes, shoes, makeup tips, or whatever it is you natter about. Ensure you have the proper permission from your husband or father before posting."

You are in the wrong!

Maria Knight 04-12-2020 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiToxic (Post 1267349)
Only LIEberals, DEMONrats and WOMEN need trigger warnings. Especially those feminazis, that invented the need for trigger warnings.

Are you unable to process your emotions? What a womanly trait.

You should make an apology to this lady and her male guardian for demanding her to change her helpful and GODLY behavior. She's a TRUE CHRISTIAN giving clear instructions. You have come to the thread made for "the women of Landover to discuss recipes, shoes, makeup tips, or whatever it is you natter about. Ensure you have the proper permission from your husband or father before posting."

You are in the wrong!

I would be very careful at who you're attempting to reprimand, my dear. Dr. Toole is also a True Christian™. While I'm sure there was no harm meant by original post, it did make him uncomfortable, and he clearly stated why.

And, while you've probably simply overlooked it (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt), she did, in fact, apologize to him, making your attempt to talk down to your superior completely baseless.

The most important point I should make is the fact that the last reply before yours was from January 2019! What are you hoping to gain from resurrecting a dead thread?

Elmer G. White 04-12-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maria Knight (Post 1267360)
...The most important point I should make is the fact that the last reply before yours was from January 2019! What are you hoping to gain from resurrecting a dead thread?

Miss Knight,
While your heart seems to be in the right place, you're a woman. If you gain access into Heaven, that may no longer be an issue (Galatians 3:28), it certainly tunes down your intellect at the moment. Scripture comes first. We can gain from it each and every day although it be written down almost 2000 years ago (it its imperfect form) or more than 400 years ago (in its perfect form). After Scripture, everything that True Christians™ have ever written remain useful and pivotal each and every day, even if some of them were written as late as 2019.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

What can the person gain from reading texts inspired by Jesus? Eternal Life in Christ? Is Resurrection from dead useless? What about JESUS?

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Maria Knight 04-12-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer G. White (Post 1267362)
Miss Knight,
While your heart seems to be in the right place, you're a woman. If you gain access into Heaven, that may no longer be an issue (Galatians 3:28), it certainly tunes down your intellect at the moment. Scripture comes first. We can gain from it each and every day although it be written down almost 2000 years ago (it its imperfect form) or more than 400 years ago (in its perfect form). After Scripture, everything that True Christians™ have ever written remain useful and pivotal each and every day, even if some of them were written as late as 2019.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

What can the person gain from reading texts inspired by Jesus? Eternal Life in Christ? Is Resurrection from dead useless? What about JESUS?

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Yes sir. I seemed to have lost my head in the moment.
I was simply upset that she replied to a thread that had made Dr. Toole uncomfortable only to speak to him in such a disrespectful manner.
I should've used better judgement.
I apologize and I thank you.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 04-12-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maria Knight (Post 1267360)
I would be very careful at who you're attempting to reprimand, my dear.

The words pot, kettle and black spring to mind. As does 1 Thessalonians 4:11: And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;

MitzaLizalor 04-15-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiToxic (Post 1267349)
Are you unable to process your emotions?

Are suggesting that a man's response to Christ should be emotionless? Think how much He suffered. And if the response did involve the emotions are you saying it is not genuine? There are people who say that an emotional response is an uncontrolled response. To what extent is it a man's responsibility to control Christ?

Alvin Moss 04-18-2020 03:31 AM

This is a favorite recipe for wild goose hunters:

1- Shoot goose, have dog retrieve it.
2- Give goose to nearby Negroes- they taste like liver.
3- Cook hamburger patty on each side briefly, place between two slices of bread.
4- Eat.

This is a simple hunting recipe that anyone can cook.

James Hutchins 04-27-2020 03:35 PM

I just make reservations at Ruth-Chris. :thumbsup:

Basilissa 04-28-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin Moss (Post 1267599)
2- Give goose to nearby Negroes- they taste like liver.

When you say "they taste like liver," I do hope you mean the geese, Brother?... :hmmm: