The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Pastor Zeke's News Wire (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Vegan Soy Couple Gets Killed Biking Through Tajikistan (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115088)

WilliamJenningsBryan 08-19-2018 02:46 AM

Vegan Soy Couple Gets Killed Biking Through Tajikistan

We've all had the experience of driving down the road and seeing something that makes us want to stop and turn around to check it out.

So what was it that caused these ISIS terrorists to stop and kill this seemingly innocent couple? Were they wearing pussy hats, or perhaps they smelled like soy.

It's hard for anyone to gather sympathy for this couple, but some Christians may point out that they are victims of the atheists and secularist Democrats - believing there is no God, and the existence of Satan and demons infesting colons is mere fantasy. Believing in original sin and "evil" is some kind of Bronze Age relic that has no place in "enlightened" civilization.

The MSM became outraged about Donald Trump allegedly calling some countries "shitholes", forgetting that there might be some people that are willing to risk entering America illegally to escape from these very same "shitholes". Evidently this vegan soy couple decided to bike across some of these same "shithole" countries to prove Donald Trump wrong.

As is common with incidents like this, there is inevitably someone on social media that comes forward to nominate these two for a "Darwin Award". While this has yet to happen, I will say that I'm reluctant to engage in this as we regard Darwin as a bit misguided (to put it in respectful terms).

As an aside, I'm still waiting for those Hellywood elite that promised to leave the country if Trump was elected president. They must have decided to stay to complete the work of turning Commiefornia into a "shithole" as an example for the rest of us.

In the end, Jesus had the final say here. These ISIS idiots did kill some "infidels" - they just got the wrong God.

Quote:

American couple bikes through ISIS territory to prove ‘humans are kind’ and gets killed
by Laila Ijeoma - August 16, 2018, 2:30 pm

A young American couple was killed by ISIS last month while on a cycling trip around the world to prove ‘humans are kind.’

Jay Austin and Lauren Geoghegan, who were both in their late 20s, last year quit their office jobs in Washington, DC, to embark on the journey.

Austin, a vegan who worked for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, and Geoghegan, a vegetarian who worked in the Georgetown University admissions office, decided that they’re were wasting their lives working.

The couple documented their year-long journey on Instagram and on a joint blog. They shared “the openheartedness they wanted to embody and the acts of kindness reciprocated by strangers.”

Austin wrote in one post;

Quote:

“You read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place,”

“People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil.”

“I don’t buy it, evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own… By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”
However, Austin and Geoghegan’s trip came to a tragic and gruesome end when they got to Tajikistan, a country with a known terrorist presence. They were riding their bikes through the country on July 29 when a car rammed them, according to CBS News.

Five men got out of the car and stabbed the couple to death along with two other cyclists, one from Switzerland and the other from the Netherlands.

Two days later, ISIS released a video showing the same men sitting in front of the black ISIS flag. They looked at the camera and vowed to kill “disbelievers,” according to The New York Times.

https://lailasnews.com/american-coup...d-gets-killed/

Alan Swallows 08-19-2018 07:40 AM

Re: Vegan Soy Couple Gets Killed Biking Through Tajikistan

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan (Post 1236976)
It's hard for anyone to gather sympathy for this couple, but some Christians may point out that they are victims of the atheists and secularist Democrats - believing there is no God, and the existence of Satan and demons infesting colons is mere fantasy. Believing in original sin and "evil" is some kind of Bronze Age relic that has no place in "enlightened" civilization.

Quote:

“You read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place,”

“People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil.”

“I don’t buy it, evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own… By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”

The Bible clearly tells us people are evil.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

This is as true today as it was in the Bronze Age, as the couple in this story found out too late, when they actually met some people whose values, beliefs and perspectives differed from their own on things like the sanctity of life and freedom of religious association. They should have trusted God's wisdom. His morality and truth never changes.

Ezekiel Bathfire 08-19-2018 09:57 AM

No God or a false god - it makes no difference: we are left without a moral compass and our actions are random and sinful: we think only of ourselves. We do not know good from evil.

This couples' blind faith is the god of food has brought them the end that we all have foresaw. Can you imagine the look in their face when the knives were coming down at them? Cognitive dissonance writ large... The Truth Of God descended upon them.

biatch77 08-19-2018 12:49 PM

This is more a matter of mere common sense don't you think?

A lack of common sense!

"Tajikistan, a country with a known terrorist presence"

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan (Post 1236976)
We've all had the experience of driving down the road and seeing something that makes us want to stop and turn around to check it out.

So what was it that caused these ISIS terrorists to stop and kill this seemingly innocent couple? Were they wearing pussy hats, or perhaps they smelled like soy.

The MSM became outraged about Donald Trump allegedly calling some countries "shitholes", forgetting that there might be some people that are willing to risk entering America illegally to escape from these very same "shitholes". Evidently this vegan soy couple decided to bike across some of these same "shithole" countries to prove Donald Trump wrong.

As is common with incidents like this, there is inevitably someone on social media that comes forward to nominate these two for a "Darwin Award". While this has yet to happen, I will say that I'm reluctant to engage in this as we regard Darwin as a bit misguided (to put it in respectful terms).

As an aside, I'm still waiting for those Hellywood elite that promised to leave the country if Trump was elected president. They must have decided to stay to complete the work of turning Commiefornia into a "shithole" as an example for the rest of us.

In the end, Jesus had the final say here. These ISIS idiots did kill some "infidels" - they just got the wrong God.

BibleReader2231 08-20-2018 08:41 PM

Tajikistan sounds like some bad dish you'd find at a Chinese restaurant in the mall. That alone would have put me off from going there. Now if there were a country named APPLE PIE I would probably pay it a visit.

Ezekiel Bathfire 08-20-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bchas77 (Post 1236991)
This is more a matter of mere common sense don't you think?

A lack of common sense!

"Tajikistan, a country with a known terrorist presence"

Not really - the point is "God will protect you" if you are a True Christian. You have Daniel in the Lions' Den as the perfect example, not to mention Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego and the fiery furnace.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 08-25-2018 07:46 AM

Did anyone else read this and think... should have stayed in a Trump hotel.

Quote:

They cycled on dirt paths, through dry riverbeds and on cracked asphalt, going days without a shower.

WilliamJenningsBryan 08-25-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1237351)
Did anyone else read this and think... should have stayed in a Trump hotel.

Everyone has their own limits Dr. Toole - and my idea of "roughing it" has always been a Three-Star Holiday Inn.

One time I was duped by some "friends" into attending one of those "Renaissance Faire's" - only to be treated to some out-of-work actors groveling around in filth shouting "alms for the poor" all day. This "multiculturalism" crap has gone a bit too far - to the point I'm expecting the Disney Company to open up a "Shithole Land" at one or more of their locations.

If anyone wants to "preserve" their "culture", they should stay where they're at - don't bring it here.