The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Jesus was a migrant, Matthew 2:13-14 says so (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116811)

Romeo Rovagnati 09-01-2019 10:42 AM

Jesus was a migrant, Matthew 2:13-14 says so

Salve.

After studying a bit the Bible and listening what our Holy Father Francis, i also came to the conclusion that Jesus was a migrant. Here are the Bible verse that proves that Jesus was a migrant:

(Matthew 2:13-14)
13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”
14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt

But it's not over yet, Jesus was not the only character in the Bible who was a migrant. Moses, for example, along with it's fellow Isrealites, were all refugees who seeked hospitality. Also, the Bible clearly tells us:

(Leviticus 19:33-34)

When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

So this means that you have to guest all the Mexican Immigrant in your own country, since they are mostly Christians. Likewise, we, the Original Church, are doing our hospitality towards the african people and we even let them sleep in our beds. Also, dont' forget about St. Francesca Saverio Cabrini, the patron Saint of immigrants.

https://www.santodelgiorno.it/foto/santo7973big.jpg

Ciao and remember to always follow what Jesus says.

Johny Joe Hold 09-01-2019 03:37 PM

Re: Jesus was a migrant, Matthew 2:13-14 says so

If ever nonsense appeared here, that post was it. Complete Catholic garbage.

The places Jesus traveled belonged to Him. God had given Him the entire world. When Jesus returns to claim His people are you going to call Him "a migrant?" I'm ROTFLMAO.

As to Moses, he was on his way to the Battle of Jericho. Sure, he had stops along the way, how else could he get there? Moses commanded his entire group plus an army that would later rid his country of those squatters who did not belong there.

Your post should be labeled fake history.

Isabella White 09-01-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romeo Rovagnati (Post 1257376)
So this means that you have to guest all the Mexican Immigrant in your own country, since they are mostly Christians. Likewise, we, the Original Church, are doing our hospitality towards the african people and we even let them sleep in our beds. Also, dont' forget about St. Francesca Saverio Cabrini, the patron Saint of immigrants.

https://www.santodelgiorno.it/foto/santo7973big.jpg

Dear Mr. Rovagnati: (And if you think I'm going to address a Cathyolick "minister" as "Reverend", then you have another thing coming.) Anyway, the drivel that you have used to clutter up :forum-fancy: is not surprising, especially considering some of the things that I've heard your colleagues blab on about (such as transubstantiation, or whatever you call that myth about crackers and wine). So, the nonsense that you've posted is not surprising, not in the least.

Now, I'll ask you to explain what makes you think that Mexicans are "mostly Christian". If you mean, Christian "IN NAME ONLY", then I will agree with you. But if you mean, Christian, as in "sincere, :true-fancy: servants of the :lord-fancy: :jesus-fancy: :christ-fancy:", then I am afraid that anybody can see that your statement has even less merit than the obvious, glaring, "priests do not rape boys".

I'd expect that you should know better, young man. You might think that you can fool the :true-fancy: people at :landover-fancy:, but I can assure you, most sincerely, that you are only fooling yourself!

Sincerely, Isabella W.
P.S. Perhaps, in your teachings to the youth of your "church", you could teach them some basic manners, instead of the usual Hail Mary stuff that you go on about. If those Cathyolick brats next door to me kick their football over to my geranium gardens one more time ...
Oh, and one other thing: :repent:

http://jesus-is-savior.com/False%20R...ationtract.jpg

Dennis Lukes 09-02-2019 12:31 AM

Jesus was born in Bethlehem. He died and then came back to life in Jerusalem. There's only a 21 minute drive between the two points, according to Google. Hardly a migration.

And Jesus won't take kindly to being compared with a bunch of taco-eating, sombrero-wearing drug dealers (Galatians 6:7), though that's hardly the only sin you'll have to account for come the glory. Do they call you "Romeo" because of the number of altar boys you've seduced?

MitzaLizalor 09-02-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Salve

If you have twisted a joint and are looking for relief, or pulled a ligament or something, there is an Australian salve produced from lizards, neither made by idolaters nor pretending to be a tiger among balms. If you have not injured yourself I don't know why you'd be interested in a salve, demonic or otherwise.
Quote:

came to the conclusion that Jesus was a migrant
Big flaw in your argument. When conditions back home changed, Jesus went back home. He did not burrow in like scabies choofing out eggs to hatch for future generations to turn a host community into the pits of ever exactly like the one being escaped from and for exactly the same reasons.

Here is the reason. It's exactly what you'd predict would happen if someone described that value system to you. There are many migrants who reject the values of the system they've left behind. They have something to contribute. They fit in and they do a great job. Most places are net exporters of migrants. They look around at the predictable (and predicted) outcomes of the value system being foisted upon them and decide "I'd rather risk death with a 1% chance of survival than the 100% certainty of what will happen if I stay here," then off they go.

Mary took Jesus to Egypt.

Did they start subverting Egyptian culture? Did they parade around with bags over their heads spouting off "EGYPT GO TO HELL!!!!" or "NOT-EGYPT WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!!" I don't think so. Joseph probably made some chairs, nice work, a table or three, doors, wardrobes, chopping blocks made from the off-cuts for local butchers, then once safe to depart. Egypt did become a Christian nation but before long got sidetracked into popish heresy and guess what? Their application to join the third world was approved. Take a look at Egypt now.

Some places stick in the mud: this is what we are; end of.

Other places, maybe half a dozen, state "These are our values; if you agree you're very welcome," and of the nations so many have come and been made welcome. They made an enormous contribution, building up nations from those longing to be free, risking all, many perished but their children were freed at last.

The papist, and all idolaters, are cut from a different cloth. They don't turn up for refuge during a tyranny back home. Mostly those tyrannies are inevitable given the beliefs involved. But they could clunk out backwards one day, then the refugees would be so glad! They could show the world just what they could do once the tyrant was gone!!

Papists can never do that. If they did, they'd need to repudiate the value system causing Romish places to be so foul in the first place. Foul enough to risk all to escape! But when they arrived, did they abandon idols?

Kyrre Eliasen 09-17-2019 10:20 AM

Jesus looks like me, he was a norwegian like his father.

Basilissa 09-17-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyrre Eliasen (Post 1257860)
Jesus looks like me, he was a norwegian like his father.

Please forgive us, sweetie, for not believing in your word, but we prefer to trust the Bible rather than some random stranger on the internet. I hope you understand.

I Man Rastafari 09-24-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1257412)
If you have twisted a joint...

Yes Sistren I have done exactly that as soon as I arose this morning as I do every morning. Thus I am in communion with Jah.

Jesus was not a migrant but he was a Black prophet sent by Jah to his people who were the Jews who were Black men. All the white people knew Jesus was a prophet of Jah but they could not acknowledge a Black Messiah so they have tried to turn him into an Englishman. The English steal everything they can get their hands on even Jesus.

Jah Guide!
Trevor

Ezekiel Bathfire 09-24-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

After studying a bit the Bible and listening what our Holy Father Francis, i also came to the conclusion that Jesus was a migrant. Here are the Bible verse that proves that Jesus was a migrant:

As Jesus created the World, it is hard to see why he could be a "migrant" anywhere.

It's rather like building your own house and then someone saying you don't belong there, isn't it.

Quote:

remember to always follow what Jesus says.
A wise man takes his own advice...

Kyrre Eliasen 10-21-2019 04:07 PM

jesus was probably a white negro.:lol:

Isabella White 10-21-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyrre Eliasen (Post 1259072)
jesus was probably a white negro.:lol:

Well, well, well -- that was mildly interesting, Miss Eliasen. Kindly do tell us: how are you liking being "ON MODERATION"?

Sincerely, Isabella W.

MitzaLizalor 10-23-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Man Rastafari (Post 1258162)
Jesus was not a migrant but he was a Black prophet sent by Jah to his people who were the Jews who were Black men.

Have you ever actually seen a Jew?

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 10-23-2019 04:57 PM

Really? You're going to argue in favor of open borders, and as your example you'll talk about a civilization that was destroyed by migrants?

http://nersp.osg.ufl.edu/~malavet/co...s/migratio.gif

MitzaLizalor 10-24-2019 02:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

After studying a bit the Bible and listening what our Holy Father Francis, i also came to the conclusion that Jesus was a migrant. Here are the Bible verse that proves that Jesus was a migrant: (Matthew 2:13-14) 13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.” 14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt But it's not over yet, Jesus was not the only character in the Bible who was a migrant. Moses, for example, along with it's fellow Isrealites, were all refugees who seeked hospitality. Also, the Bible clearly tells us: (Leviticus 19:33-34) When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. So this means that you have to guest all the Mexican Immigrant in your own country, since they are mostly Christians. Likewise, we, the Original Church, are doing our hospitality towards the african people and we even let them sleep in our beds. Also, dont' forget about St. Francesca Saverio Cabrini, the patron Saint of immigrants.
Attachment 28370

I must be going soft in the head. Normally I'd stop reading at "Francis" Matthew 23:9 but I went on, ignoring your witch icon as best I could, and was again startled by your ignorance concerning Moses? Is it? Or maybe you simply hadn't read the historical record. Here is the next section:

Quote:

After studying a bit the Bible and listening what our Holy Father Francis, i also came to the conclusion that Jesus was a migrant. Here are the Bible verse that proves that Jesus was a migrant: (Matthew 2:13-14) 13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.” 14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt But it's not over yet, Jesus was not the only character in the Bible who was a migrant. Moses, for example, along with it's fellow Isrealites, were all refugees who seeked hospitality. Also, the Bible clearly tells us: (Leviticus 19:33-34) When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. So this means that you have to guest all the Mexican Immigrant in your own country, since they are mostly Christians. Likewise, we, the Original Church, are doing our hospitality towards the african people and we even let them sleep in our beds. Also, dont' forget about St. Francesca Saverio Cabrini, the patron Saint of immigrants.
Attachment 28370

Yes, there was a period when The Israelites sought refuge. In Egypt. But then they STOPPED BEING REFUGEES and went home. That is the period when they were led by Moses, when they had stopped being refugees and were GOING HOME. You even included the Scripture where this is made explicit; in my final excerpt:

Quote:

After studying a bit the Bible and listening what our Holy Father Francis, i also came to the conclusion that Jesus was a migrant. Here are the Bible verse that proves that Jesus was a migrant: Matthew 2:13-14) 13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.” 14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt But it's not over yet, Jesus was not the only character in the Bible who was a migrant. Moses, for example, along with it's fellow Isrealites, were all refugees who seeked hospitality. Also, the Bible clearly tells us: (Leviticus 19:33-34) When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. So this means that you have to guest all the Mexican Immigrant in your own country, since they are mostly Christians. Likewise, we, the Original Church, are doing our hospitality towards the african people and we even let them sleep in our beds. Also, dont' forget about St. Francesca Saverio Cabrini, the patron Saint of immigrants.
Attachment 28370

WERE strangers in the land of Egypt. PAST TENSE, the stranger or refugee epoch having concluded as soon as they hoofed it out of Egypt. The fact of squatters moving in on their home, the land given to them by God (and could there be any more substantial a title deed?) is irrelevant to whether they were then refugees and in any case has been covered already. You seem to be using the NIV so I checked to make sure:

Leviticus 19:33-34 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him. But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

It is quite clear that when Moses was leading the Israelites they were ex-refugees no longer seeking refuge but on their way home. The Bible tells us that at this stage they were wealthy with the spoils of Egypt, but from time to time without food. Also unimportant because then God provided directly.

Exodus 12:34-36 The people took their dough before it was leavened, their kneadingtroughs being bound up in their clothes upon their shoulders. And the children of Israel did according to the word of Moses; and they borrowed of the Egyptians jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians.

They may have depleted their gold reserves however during the episode of the golden calf.

handmaiden 10-24-2019 08:33 PM

Jesus wasn't a migrant; He was on an extended visa for a couple of years.

The Lord ordered Joseph to take Mary and Jesus to Egypt for a little while to keep Baby Jesus safe. And also because of the verse about calling my son out of Egypt.

God wanted to make certain that He checked off all of the necessary Old Testament verses so people would know that Jesus was fortold about in His Word.

Nobody "migrated" to Egypt. The family hung out for a while and then went back home where they belonged.

MitzaLizalor 10-25-2019 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1259177)
Nobody "migrated" to Egypt. The family hung out for a while and then went back home where they belonged.

On the other hand, could we say the vatican is a refugee dump? Cardinals and archbishops and ordinaries and metropolitans and (titles of self-aggrandisement they bestow upon themselves) seem to hole up there when the finances come under scrutiny.

At 6:11 reference is made to "various elements that surrounded him," but of course Calvi was not ordained however many directorships vatican personnel held on the boards of Caribbean shell companies, if any. Under the circumstances that is certainly a form of refuge. Do its residents qualify as refugees?

I Man Rastafari 10-29-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1259147)
Have you ever actually seen a Jew?

Greetings Sistren!

I see the Black Israelites protesting the white man in front of the White House every time I go there to join forces with others who are working diligently against President Donald Trump by carrying signs with good slogans and yelling at white tourists. Here in Babylon I have also met many white people who think they are Jews but they are not Jews because the true Jews are Black men.

Jah Guide!
Trevor

MitzaLizalor 10-30-2019 12:53 PM

Then how do you accommodate descriptions of complexion in, for example, Song of Solomon 5:10-14 or I Samuel 17:41-45?

I Man Rastafari 10-30-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1259400)
Then how do you accommodate descriptions of complexion in, for example, Song of Solomon 5:10-14 or I Samuel 17:41-45?

Sistren I am not a biblical scholar but I have some small knowledge of it's contents as much was taught to me at the Methodist School in Kingston which is my home city in Jamaica. There are many things I have read in the Bible that I do not overstand but one thing I have read in the Bible is The Song of Solomon which you have generously offered and very early in Chapter 1 verse 5 we see that it says "I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon."-Song of Solomon 1:5. I do not mean to be argumentative but clearly he is saying he is a Black man.

Jah Guide!
Trevor

handmaiden 10-31-2019 05:15 AM

There is also a verse a little further along in which the beloved is compared to a company of horses. If you are determined to claim affinity, do tell--is it the teeth or the smell?