The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Making children behave in Church. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=15795)

christain-goth 09-30-2008 04:53 PM

Re: Making children behave in Church.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean Poole (Post 243341)
All of my children will go to Church and learn to love God. How cruel you are, Stainy, to refuse your child eternity with Jesus. :wub:

I would never refuse my child eternity with Jesus. If they became christian I would totally support it, same if they became Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, Atheist. But I would never force them into a religion.

Osambo 08 09-30-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christain-goth (Post 243359)
I would never refuse my child eternity with Jesus. If they became christian I would totally support it, same if they became Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, Atheist. But I would never force them into a religion.

If they want to go to Hell,it's their choice.One should never pave a route for another.If you compel them to a religion,they would not be veritable Christians,since they haven't 100% devoted their body to the Almighty.

Pastor Isaac Peters 09-30-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Iron Crotch (Post 243348)
No.

Then have fun in hell, sinner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osambo 08 (Post 243354)
There's nothing remotely Godly about George Dubya.He neglects the economy,encourages the destruction of the world by promoting oil,massacring our troops by sending them to a trivial war,tarnishes our global image with his stupidity,cancels projects for alternative energy,his own party deserted him yesterday,etc.

Where in the Bible does it say that those things make him un-Godly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osambo 08 (Post 243362)
If they want to go to Hell,it's their choice.One should never pave a route for another.If you compel them to a religion,they would not be veritable Christians,since they haven't 100% devoted their body to the Almighty.

Prov. 22:6: Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Osambo 08 09-30-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 243379)
Then have fun in hell, sinner.

Where in the Bible does it say that those things make him un-Godly?

Prov. 22:6: Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

I never said that you shouldn't bring them to church at a young age,but forcing them to stay in church at the age of 18 is insane.

Rev. M. Rodimer 09-30-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osambo 08 (Post 243139)
If you are worried about their comportment,then why don't you implement Sunday school lessons for kids?It works,since I'm the product of this breakthrough. :pirate:

Yes, we see how well it worked for you.

Why exactly are you adding a pirate emoticon to this post? Are you declaring yourself a butt-pirate? :huh:

It makes absolutely no sense to add that emoticon here.

Osambo 08 09-30-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 243395)
Yes, we see how well it worked for you.

Why exactly are you adding a pirate emoticon to this post? Are you declaring yourself a butt-pirate? :huh:

It makes absolutely no sense to add that emoticon here.

Because it's one of my favorite emotions :lol::pirate:.Sunday school was the best!

Rev. M. Rodimer 09-30-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osambo 69 (Post 243397)
Because it's one of my favorite emotions :lol::pirate:.Sunday school was the best!

Pirate is an emotion now?

If Sunday School was "the best", why do you hate Jesus now?

Osambo 08 09-30-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 243403)
Pirate is an emotion now?

If Sunday School was "the best", why do you hate Jesus now?

Emoticon :wub:

I love Jesus because he loves me!

Jean Poole 10-01-2008 05:40 AM

Jesus doesn't love you. He hates homers. The Lord says that homers are abominations.

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-01-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osambo 08 (Post 243408)
I love Jesus because he loves me!

You obviously don't love Him enough to read His Word. Pull the wrapper off of your Bible.

Osambo 08 10-01-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 243753)
You obviously don't love Him enough to read His Word. Pull the wrapper off of your Bible.

I've begun reading Genesis ,but I have to admit that it's VERY EXTREMELY TREMENDOUSLY INCREDIBLY STAGGERINGLY boring.I wish there was an alternative to reading the King James version.Are the other versions hellbound?Or,could I watch a 9-hour movie instead? :pirate:

Jean Poole 10-01-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osambo 08 (Post 243765)
I've begun reading Genesis ,but I have to admit that it's VERY EXTREMELY TREMENDOUSLY INCREDIBLY STAGGERINGLY boring.I wish there was an alternative to reading the King James version.Are the other versions hellbound?Or,could I watch a 9-hour movie instead? :pirate:

No, but you can have an eternity in Hell instead.

As for your blasphemous statement about the Book of Genesis, you will be forced to read it in Hell by the Devil, because Satan knows that to read the Good Book is torture for ones as yourself. For True Christians™, it is like swimming in paradise. :D

:sinner::haha:

Old Iron Crotch 10-01-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osambo 08 (Post 243765)

In terms of modernization of language, the NIV is much easier to read, but the content isn't improved.

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-01-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Iron Crotch (Post 243805)
In terms of modernization of language, the NIV is much easier to read, but the content isn't improved.

Huge surprise that you'd recommend the devil's "Bible" over the real Bible.

Daisy Mae Johnson 10-01-2008 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've found that getting them drunk helps them sleep through sermons.:thumbsup:

Old Iron Crotch 10-01-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 243822)
Huge surprise that you'd recommend the devil's "Bible" over the real Bible.

The original texts are in Hebrew and Greek - Jesus didn't walk about Palestine speaking Elizabethan English.

Daisy Mae Johnson 10-02-2008 04:46 AM

Cattle prods are also good for zapping the little darlings at a distance.

I never leave home without one. You never know when you have to zap some unruly brat.

:thumbsup:

Old Iron Crotch 10-02-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleThumpinBlonde (Post 244155)
Cattle prods are also good for zapping the little darlings at a distance.

I never leave home without one. You never know when you have to zap some unruly brat.

:thumbsup:

Just because you seem to enjoy being abused doesn't give you the right to administer electrical shocks to children. For that matter, I think the use cattle prods on cattle is cruelty to animals.

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-06-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Iron Crotch (Post 244224)
Just because you seem to enjoy being abused doesn't give you the right to administer electrical shocks to children.

But God does.

Quote:

For that matter, I think the use cattle prods on cattle is cruelty to animals.
"Cruelty to animals" is a nonsensical concept:

Genesis 9:2: And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth [upon] the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

Chemistry 04-18-2010 09:45 PM

The link to this thread was given to me.

Very helpful information here, thank you for taking the time to make this thread.
I have bookmarked it.