The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Allow myself to introduce...myself (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=106306)

BuddyBraeswood 07-05-2015 07:11 AM

Allow myself to introduce...myself

Hello and good morning,

My name is Travis - raised Baptist. From a young age up to being born again (13) I was in church most Sundays and Bible camp most summers. This was out of Westbury Baptist Church in Texas. Currently, I live in Florida and am starving. Maybe I haven't found the right one but there seems to be a lot of churches not teaching the Doctrine. Yes, I like to feel good but not because the "preacher" says so. Part of me has given up on searching physically and have moved on to doing so digitally.

For several weeks I have been following Pastor Charles Lawson online and am getting fat off his sermons. "Fire and brimstone" - need to hear it every now and again - thank you God! In my search of truth and fellowship I was led to this site - drawn to the bluntness and correctness. Unfortunately when saved, I thought that's all that had to be done - no more work. Couldn't have been further from the truth and now, in my walk, I'm learning to speak out and thought this forum a great place to learn from.

Thank you for letting me be here. Humility is a great tool but will refrain from nonsensical babel. In my profile I am first born again then awakened. God has allowed me to see the world with different eyes and am so grateful He cares enough to have shown me. I fear Him.

Again, thank you for letting me be here and more importantly thank you for having this site - looking forward to learning more.

Brother Jessup 07-05-2015 07:48 AM

Re: Allow myself to introduce...myself

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyBraeswood (Post 1150410)
For several weeks I have been following Pastor Charles Lawson online and am getting fat off his sermons.

Haven't you ever read Proverbs? Gluttony is a sin!

Proverbs 23:2
Quote:

And put a knife to thy throat, If thou be a man given to appetite.
Proverbs 25:16
Quote:

Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, Lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.
The good Brother Jessup T. Lloyd, Esq. suggests that you try to find a good fat camp to attend this summer so you can work off some of those extra pounds that you've been putting on while listening to Pastor Charles Lawson's online sermons.

The Honorable Brother Jessup T. Lloyd, Esq. has spoken....Amen!

Mike Miller 07-05-2015 10:15 AM

Favorite Bible verse?

BuddyBraeswood 07-05-2015 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Jessup (Post 1150412)
Haven't you ever read Proverbs? Gluttony is a sin!

The good Brother Jessup T. Lloyd, Esq. suggests that you try to find a good fat camp to attend this summer so you can work off some of those extra pounds that you've been putting on while listening to Pastor Charles Lawson's online sermons.

I have read Proverbs and continue doing so. It is one of my favorite books and in fact starts off with one of my favorite verses

Proverbs 1:7 -
Quote:

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Perhaps I should've been more concise in my analogy. I've been satiated listening to Pastor Lawson because there is a lack of real preaching in this area. My hunger stemmed from seeking God's Face, His knowledge. Sure, I read my Bible but need a preacher to tell it to me straight. One that stands at a podium, has some compassion and speaks with a strong voice. I'm elated God has put such a preacher in my life regardless of the medium. Things are so much more real in person but will take His Truth anyway I can get it.

Granted, I could lose a few more and will, but would do church camp before a fat one - the information is infinitely better. For the record, I've lost 30 lbs from eating right and working out. All praise to God for getting me back on track and showing me how. My grandmother (last grandparent) recently passed away and I lost focus but now, just a little more effort and I'll be at college weight.

Since I'm here, another favorite verse

Psalms 118:24
Quote:

This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Pastor Ezekiel 07-05-2015 05:41 PM

Welcome to God's favorite forum. If your name is Travis, then what's all this "Buddy Braeswood" stuff? Jesus is not easily fooled, friend.

Please give us your age, and please share with us the sins that you have struggled with during your life. For example, if you're not attending Church, then how are you Tithing? :huh:

If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.

BuddyBraeswood 07-05-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 1150435)
Welcome to God's favorite forum. If your name is Travis, then what's all this "Buddy Braeswood" stuff? Jesus is not easily fooled, friend.

Please give us your age, and please share with us the sins that you have struggled with during your life. For example, if you're not attending Church, then how are you Tithing? :huh:

If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, that is my name. It was merely a force of habit. Doing anything on the web I use that moniker. That's right, He is not fooled by any tricks - sees all, knows all.

I am 32 years in on this fixed earth and have struggled with a number of sins throughout my short time. Currently, I am not Tithing but thank you for pointing it out. The previous churches attended, I was giving but you're right. I should be sending to Pastor Lawson's church - will do! Another shortcoming is not standing up to bigotry. Normally I would just walk away, avoid the conflict but am realizing it's ever more important to rise against these convicted naysayers.

Now, I have had some good talks with atheists and agnostics, have even convinced a few to go back to church but the ones who are close-minded are whom I've avoided - need my full suit of armor and is why I'm here (can see this congregation is ready for battle. Amen.). Have found most "atheists" are really agnostics which makes it easier since they've already accepted a higher power but am tired of not being able to confront the real challengers - bench warming isn't where it's at.

A few of my other struggles have been with anger, sloth and lust. I am patient and have worked on my anger throughout the years but can still get frustrated at times. I know it stems from not looking to Him. He wants me to lean on Him and I'm learning to do that more and more - stop, breathe and pray.

Leads me to sloth, I've been sitting on my butt for too long, waiting for what? I don't know. A swift kick perhaps? The good Lord has blessed and been patient with me for a long while and am extremely grateful for the obstacles He's put here for me - could always be worse. Have found to keep busy, stay in my Bible on down time or catch another sermon. My routines have improved but there is always room for more.

I am having to learn again to look away when it comes to lust. Ungodly women disgust me and am ashamed it's taken as long as it has to realize this again. Somewhere in my 20's I lost sight of what's right. I was looking in all the wrong places but then, at the same time, I wasn't deserving of such. It has gotten to a point where I now keep to myself - I did read the thread on this and don't want to disgrace God - just feel I need to focus more on His Word and prepare for what's coming before considering taking a true woman of God.

One more bit, I said I've been awakened and would like to expand on this. I was hungry and in my search for truth (what's going on with earth, politics, conspiracies, etc.) led me down a worldly search. There is so much disinformation out there - the devil plays both sides - but because of this realization it has brought me here: I only search for His Truth now and am no longer looking outward or in but up. Again, I'm not the most armored Christian and have wasted a number of years getting back to this point. I only share this bit in hopes that it may aid in someone else's journey.

I will not waste His precious bandwidth and will most certainly keep a respectful tongue - ut-most respect to God's children. Thank you for taking the time to show me my rights, got it!

Please let me know if there is anything else I should share and/or elaborate on.

Also, you didn't have to take precious time away from your day but you did and I thank you Brother Jessup for the response as well as you Mike Miller!

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 07-05-2015 11:08 PM

Thank you for complying with our requests. You are so much better than the utter scum who spam our forums. Are you married? How many children have you produced for the Lord?

BuddyBraeswood 07-06-2015 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson (Post 1150497)
Thank you for complying with our requests. You are so much better than the utter scum who spam our forums. Are you married? How many children have you produced for the Lord?

Hello Mrs. Johnson,

You bet - thank you for having me. It is sad, there are some blasphemous comments in here but it is a good sign this forum is on the right path.

I am not married (nor ever been). Had my first love, then true love and next will be my wife. As of now, I do not have any children but am an "uncle" to many. Most of my cousins and friends are married with children and I do enjoy spending time with the little ones. Although, I must say, it's almost as much of a pleasure giving them back. They are a lot of work but can see the reward.

Brother Harold Porter 07-06-2015 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyBraeswood (Post 1150449)
A few of my other struggles have been with anger, sloth and lust. I am patient and have worked on my anger throughout the years but can still get frustrated at times.

Welcome, young man. I get the sense (from Jesus) that there might be some very serious sexual sin in your past, or present? In my walk with Christ after hating Him, and being a fag, it's just almost intuitive to know that a Brother is in trouble and dealing with filthy sin, of the most repulsive type.

I am here to help. The anger and the slothery are likely the result of the lust. Tell us more about the demons you battle and we will get you right with Jesus.

In Him Always

Alvin Moss 07-06-2015 02:54 AM

How do you do, Mr. Braeswood? It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Curiously, you are named after a street which runs through the Meyerland area of Houston, Texas. Meyerland is a Jew neighborhood and the Jews have at least two of their false churches on Braeswood Street.

Daisy Mae Johnson 07-06-2015 02:56 AM

Welcome Brother. That is a mighty fine cock you have in your lap there.

Mary Etheldreda 07-06-2015 02:59 AM

Hello, and welcome to our friendly forums! I don't anything about this Pastor Charles Lawson of yours, but if his church can't guarantee Salvation, I wouldn't waste any more time on it. Your soul is safe with Pastor Zeke. Not only does he know the Holy Bible forwards and backwards, but he can identify a demonic infestation where most people see only character flaws or medical mumbo-jumbo.

Tell us, what is your favorite way to share the Good News with the heathen in your area?

:)

BuddyBraeswood 07-06-2015 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Harold Porter (Post 1150549)
Welcome, young man. I get the sense (from Jesus) that there might be some very serious sexual sin in your past, or present? In my walk with Christ after hating Him, and being a fag, it's just almost intuitive to know that a Brother is in trouble and dealing with filthy sin, of the most repulsive type.

I am here to help. The anger and the slothery are likely the result of the lust. Tell us more about the demons you battle and we will get you right with Jesus.

In Him Always

Hello Brother Harold Porter,

First, am elated you've been able to turn away from your desires, know it must be (or have been) difficult because I am faced with mine daily it seems, but hearing you instills hope. I am and have always been attracted to the opposite sex - women are, for me, the most beautiful creatures. I'm not completely comfortable confessing my sexual past but am here for a reason so will give it a shot - please bear with me.

The roaring 20's...
This was a time in my life riddled with booze and various other addictions. I hate to admit any amount of fornication because (1) I cannot account for it all and (2) am ashamed. There are some parts with time missing. I was a partier to say the least, binging on most substances I could find. A glutton at one time, for sure. Mostly during this time sex was a cheap thrill, only satisfying for the moment with a ton of regret afterwards.

In my sexual immorality I've done things to females that totally go against His wishes or at least feel things I've done were disgraceful not only to them and myself but more importantly to God. I had a difficult time saying no and only barely escape temptation now (~2 yrs running). I am weak when it comes to sluts. Wow, that is terrible to say but feels good to get out (never said or acknowledged it before).

{have read second to last sentence several times now}

I'm starting to understand where my disgust for ungodly women comes from - the disgust of my own ungodly actions/desires. Someone older than me once said this world is like a mirror, when you see something you don't like it's usually within yourself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for taking the time to reach out Brother - I have a lot to pray for tonight and sincerely thank you and openly welcome any commentary, correction, etc.

Goodnight LBC

BuddyBraeswood 07-06-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin Moss (Post 1150552)
How do you do, Mr. Braeswood? It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Curiously, you are named after a street which runs through the Meyerland area of Houston, Texas. Meyerland is a Jew neighborhood and the Jews have at least two of their false churches on Braeswood Street.

Hello Mr. Moss,

I am alive and well! Thank you for asking - the pleasure is all mine and hope you're doing well also.

A former Houstonian I see (came across some of your posts, remember one about the heathens in Houston - it is a total melting pot with all kinds of devils too and one of the reasons why I had to get out). You are correct sir, that area is covered with them. Our church (Westbury - former Pastor Bob Campbell) is off of Hillcroft, ironically across from one of their synagogues. They like to keep themselves separate from "goi" so never mingled, thank God - was too young to know anyway.

A little more background, I grew up in that area as a child (birth to ~5), it's where my great and grandparents' houses were. They lived closer to Bissonnet though, Braeburn Valley if you're familiar. A few name drops - did you know any Shaw or Weatherby members? Only ask because it is an older part of Houston. My elders were some of the first there and involved in the church and community. Houston is huge so am inferring you once lived in the area.

The name Buddy Braeswood was given to me by a friend and it just stuck. I was easy to get along with and having lived in the area, hence the name. My research on the jews led me to the Rosenthal interview of '76 - a great starting point. If anyone needs more reason to understand why the jew has no place in God's Kingdom (despite Christ's denial) or America's for that matter, see for yourself and look it up! If money is the root of all evil - know thy enemy.

1 Timothy 6:10

I will save their treachery for a later post. For now, I thank you Mr. Moss and look forward to viewing more from you.

BuddyBraeswood 07-06-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Mae Johnson (Post 1150553)
Welcome Brother. That is a mighty fine cock you have in your lap there.

Hello Ms. Daisy Mae,

O-M-Gosh, that is too funny. I'm not sure how that got there but with appreciation like that don't think I'll be able to take it down. I have no doubt your pie is the best in all the land!

Thank you for the warm welcome - much appreciated.

BuddyBraeswood 07-06-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1150554)
Hello, and welcome to our friendly forums! I don't anything about this Pastor Charles Lawson of yours, but if his church can't guarantee Salvation, I wouldn't waste any more time on it. Your soul is safe with Pastor Zeke. Not only does he know the Holy Bible forwards and backwards, but he can identify a demonic infestation where most people see only character flaws or medical mumbo-jumbo.

Tell us, what is your favorite way to share the Good News with the heathen in your area?

:)

Hello Mrs. Etheldreda,

Thank you for looking out - I really do appreciate the concern. I wouldn't be "attending" otherwise - real recognizes real. It's one of the reasons why the other churches weren't doing it for me - lack of truth. It's also why I'm attracted to this congregation's site - there are actually a lot of similarities in his preaching with what's on here. If I may say, am thoroughly impressed with posts I've read from members in this forum (have come across several from you) and am accumulating real truth as I go - can't thank you folks enough. Can only say I wish I would've found this forum earlier but He has the plan and am grateful I made it here when I did. Will definitely utilize Pastor Zeke, thank you for the insight.

That is an excellent question.

My grandmother was an earthly rock for me, she is the one who led me to Christ so I've learned a lot or have tried to review her steps rather. For the record, her funeral attendance was well over 200, she touched so many lives and was a "MiMi" to more than just us grandkids. Her love of the Lord was boundless and that resonated strong with others. Her approach and what I've incorporated is to first find a commonality, something relative to the current situation. How does one spark conversation? Usually involves asking the other person something about themselves. I tend to stay away from politics as people can get heated thus throwing off the purpose so usually go for something a little more light: music, specific interests, current events. Although some are willing to dive right in which is great but tend to look for moments of opportunity with others. A great example of this is with kids. They are easily distracted and if talking about something they don't find interesting, good luck keeping their attention. Have found if you take time to listen to their words and follow along with the game they're playing there are brief moments to drop knowledge on them. It's like anything else, timing is everything.

One way I feel out a person is to ask them if they believe they're free from slavery or are slaves led to believe they're free. The answer tells their view of society and is a great way to approach what's next. I find I'm not as direct as I'd like to be (again, bench warming isn't where it's at) and sometimes take the longest route possible (it seems) to get my point across or then give my intent. I have found once a commonality is established a person is less likely to shun or blow up. I guess the better way to describe my approach is to lower one's defense mechanisms by first feeling out who they are with relative interests to then find moments of truth to drop on them and/or continue with the Good News. My favorite way of introducing to non-believers is letting them know the devil is real! Most (99.9999%) will not deny the ultimate loser's existence thus making it easier to relate with and bring them to the other side - the grass is greener!! Have found pointing out hypocrisies is a great way to convert but takes time to learn a person's understanding. I am here to learn to be more direct.

Nobar King 07-06-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyBraeswood (Post 1150590)
It's one of the reasons why the other churches weren't doing it for me - lack of truth.

I don't know why you feel the need to bad mouth other churches, and I'm starting to wonder when you're going to start bad mouthing mine.

Mary Etheldreda 07-06-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyBraeswood (Post 1150590)
A great example of this is with kids. They are easily distracted and if talking about something they don't find interesting, good luck keeping their attention. Have found if you take time to listen to their words and follow along with the game they're playing there are brief moments to drop knowledge on them. It's like anything else, timing is everything.

Huh. I find children are generally self-serving, egotistical creatures of Sin until they realize just how disgusting the LORD really finds them, they understand the need for repentance, and can be truly grateful for Jesus' temporary sacrifice on their behalf (assuming their conversion is real and not another self-serving stunt that makes them feel good in the flesh but hides the fact they are still sinners).

I like to use an illustration to show them because, well, let's face it, children are not that bright, and they don't have strong attention spans. So I bring a tray of glasses of cool lemonade to children playing outside on a hot day, and as they are reaching for the glasses, I tell them that I peed in them. Just a little bit mind you. Not much. They wouldn't be able to see or taste it or anything. Those looks on their faces are priceless. I tell them to look at each others' faces and note the utter horror at the idea of drinking my pee when offered a nice refreshment instead. I tell them this is the face Jesus makes every time they pray or sing their little songs in Sunday School. I tell them to look careful, and note how they're feeling, because that's how Jesus feels about them every time they talk to Him.

He's disgusted. In fact, I remind them, He's so disgusted that he calls them "dirty rags." Now, I don't usually bring out dirty, festering, crusty, maggot infested menstrual rags, but I do pull out a sanitary napkin because most kids have heard about them, they've seen them in their bathrooms at home, the older ones may have had health class at school. I remind them what the LORD says about their sin (Isaiah 64:6). I remind them that all sinners are like that to the LORD, and if they try to cover it up with nice behavior, it's like covering up the pee in the lemonade with extra sugar. I ask them if they think God is fooled by their lies and deceptions.

Sometimes, to really drive the point home, I do take out a festering menstrual pad (there's always a public bathroom in a near by gas station with a trash can in the lady's room). Then I shove it into one of the glasses of lemonade and stick it under the nose of the kids who makes the most jokes and tries to be the clown during my little lesson. I don't tolerate mockery of Jesus. I won't do it and I don't care how hard little snot-faced Junior gets when I hold his face over the fly-ridden sanitary pad shoved in his lemonade glass.

But hey, maybe listening to them tell you why they are right is better. What do I know. I've only been at this a long time, and God Blessed me with the care and raising of many children. I know children better than they know themselves, but what do I know about Saving them?

BuddyBraeswood 07-06-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 1150600)
I don't know why you feel the need to bad mouth other churches, and I'm starting to wonder when you're going to start bad mouthing mine.

I suppose Joel Olsteen's practice is the way to go - saying things like on Larry King that it's wrong to tell others who don't believe in Christ they're not going to heaven. John 14:6

Tolerance and what not. It's ok, we'll accept you for who you are, you don't need to change or work on your salvation. Keep coming and putting money in the offering and God will do wondrous things for you.

Yea, those kinds of messages are the ones I'm trying to avoid. Usually when a "preacher" sits down in front of a congregation to give a message I'm turned off. I feel satan has invaded certain churches and have turned away from them. I seriously doubt anything like that blasphemy is said in your church although I have never attended a sermon but am sure you would be turned off too otherwise.

BuddyBraeswood 07-06-2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1150613)
Huh. I find children are generally self-serving, egotistical creatures of Sin until they realize just how disgusting the LORD really finds them, they understand the need for repentance, and can be truly grateful for Jesus' temporary sacrifice on their behalf (assuming their conversion is real and not another self-serving stunt that makes them feel good in the flesh but hides the fact they are still sinners).

But hey, maybe listening to them tell you why they are right is better. What do I know. I've only been at this a long time, and God Blessed me with the care and raising of many children. I know children better than they know themselves, but what do I know about Saving them?

There was definitely a look on my face! Wow, excellent way to grab their attention - got mine! I haven't had the privilege of witnessing to any child over 5 nor raising any for that matter. I do not nor will I ever think I know more than you when it comes to kids. I'm merely an "uncle" at this point in my life. Poor comparison on my part as I was trying to tie together the idea of how non-believers are like those 3 year olds where I wait for them to state their game, to play along and then find areas to speak out about.

Thank you for instruction - I will most certainly not forget that way of attaining attention from kids.