The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Things that the Bible doesn't say (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=17749)

Meek and Humble 08-19-2010 05:07 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 583043)
They most certainly were my friend.


' Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit has NO FORGIVENESS FOREVER, but is guilty of everlasting sin.'
– Mark 3.29


1000 Years of Carnage & Barbarity in the name of Christ

10th Century Obscenities

Vile Princes of the Papacy


"Popes maimed & were maimed, killed & were killed... Without question, these pontiffs constitute the most despicable body of leaders, clerical or lay, in history. They were, frankly, barbarians. Ancient Rome had nothing to rival them in rottenness.
"
– Peter de Rosa (Vicars of Christ, p48)


John XII (955-964).
Born from an incestuous relationship between Pope Sergio III and his 13-year-old daughter Marozie. John, in turn, took his mother as his own mistress.

Pope at 18, he turned the Lateran into a brothel. He was accused by a synod of "sacrilege, simony, perjury, murder, adultery and incest" and was temporarily deposed.

He took his revenge on opponents by hacking off limbs. He was murdered by an enraged husband who caught him having sex with his wife.

11th Century Horror
Church lords over ignorant squalor of millions


1095 -
Pope Urban II calls upon the Franks to invade the more civilized Muslim world. Begins five centuries of warfare.

"Let those who have hitherto been robbers now become soldiers."
– Urban II addresses his gangsters.


1009: Rivalry from Islam prompts eastern churches to break with idolatry. This 'iconoclasm' begins breach with idol-worshipping Catholic west. Centuries of bloodshed ensue.


1079: The Council of Rome: Persecution of Berengarius & his followers who cannot stomach the dogma of 'transmutation of bread & wine into Christ.'


12th Century Criminality

Christian Church ally of murderous kings & rogue princes


http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/IMAGES/crusaders.jpg
"Warrior Monks" - Muslim heads catapulted into the besieged city of Antioch by Christian Knights (Illumination from Les Histoires d'Outremer by William of Tyre 12th century, Bibliotheque Nationale, Paris).


1184 Council of Verona condemns Waldensians for witchcraft. The charge is later extended to condemn heretics.

13th Century Wickedness

Vile Crusaders Plunder & Murder for God


1209 Pope Innocent III launches Albigensian Crusade against Christian Cathars of southern France. 7000 massacred in La Madeleine Church alone.


1211 Burning of Waldenses heretics at Strasbourg begins several centuries of persecution.

German Teutonic Knights butcher their way through the Baltic lands, savage Catholic Poles & Orthodox Russians.


1231: Pope Gregory IX authorizes Inquisition for dealing with heretics.


1277 Pope John XXI, alarmed by rumors of pagan heresy among “scholars of arts in the faculty of theology" pressurizes Stephen Tempier, Bishop of Paris, to prohibit 219 philosophical and theological theses. The "Condemnations of Paris" is the first of 16 lists of censorship.


14th Century Catastrophe

Church hostility to medicine allows plague to decimate Europe


http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/IMA...ews--14thc.jpg

Burning of the Jews of Cologne –
blamed by Christians for the Black Death (Liber Chronicarum Mundi).


World Domination?


"We declare, say, define, and pronounce that it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff."


– Pope Boniface VIII, Bull Unun Sanctum, 1302


1311-12: Ecumenical Council of Vienne. It authorises the brutal suppression of the Knights Templar (mercenaries of the church who have outlived their usefulness).


1316-1334: Pope John XXII, world's richest man and first pontiff to promote theory of witchcraft. Sanctions bull allowing heresy charges to be brought against dead people. In 1320 he instructs French Inquisition to confiscate all property belonging to blasphemers or dabblers in black arts.


1300s. Glowing eyes and nocturnal behaviour of the cat interpreted by the Church as clear proof of the hapless moggy's diabolic affinity. Wholesale trapping and burning of cats allowed free rein to the spread of the flee-carrying rat. Subsequently, Europe's population was decimated by the plague.

1347-50: The Black Death sweeps across Europe, killing one-third of the population.


"Jews were burnt all the way from the Mediterranean into Germany... under torture confessing to have spread the plague by poisoning wells... the poison made from the skin of a basilisk (a kind of mythical serpent)..."


– N. Cantor (In the Wake of the Plague)


15th Century Malevolence

Tortured Bodies by Sadists of the Lord


1411 Dominican Vincente Ferrer revives anti-Jewish hysteria in Spain: "cohorts of the Devil and Anti-Christ, clever, warped and doomed."

1415 John Huss of Bohemia, critic of papal corruption but guaranteed personal safety, burned at the stake. "When dealing with heretics, one is not obligated to keep his word." – Pope Gregory XII.


1415 Pope John XXIII deposed: "The most scandalous charges were suppressed; the Vicar of Christ was only accused of piracy, murder, rape, sodomy and incest."
– Gibbon (Decline & Fall)


1478: Pope Sixtus IV, in alliance with King Ferdinand of Spain, establishes the Spanish Inquisition. Jews, Moors and heretics will be imprisoned, tortured and murdered for centuries.
The bisexual Sixtus, though suffering from syphilis, fathers children from his elder sister.

1484 Pope Innocent VIII decrees that cats are unholy creatures, to be burned along with the witches that own them.

1486 Taking a break from book-burning, two Dominican monks, Henrich Kramer & James Sprenger, write a best-seller – Malleus Maleficarum ('The Witches Hammer') – 'the most blood thirsty book ever written.' (Peter de Rosa, Vicars of Christ, p184)

This unsurpassed nonsense rests on the bench of every magistrate and judge in Europe for three centuries and leads to tens of thousands of judicial murders.

1498 Dominican reformer, Savonarola – burner of books & ornaments of 'pagan immorality' – is himself burned for criticising the degenerate Pope Alexander VI.


Brother Temperance 08-19-2010 05:45 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 582558)
I would like to add some views on this matter.

The Bible is silent on many issues, and scripture by itself is insufficient.


Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Can you see a theme beginning to emerge here?

The Cantabrian 08-19-2010 10:00 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heathen_Basher (Post 583056)

' Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit has NO FORGIVENESS FOREVER, but is guilty of everlasting sin.'
– Mark 3.29


1000 Years of Carnage & Barbarity in the name of Christ

10th Century Obscenities

Vile Princes of the Papacy


"Popes maimed & were maimed, killed & were killed... Without question, these pontiffs constitute the most despicable body of leaders, clerical or lay, in history. They were, frankly, barbarians. Ancient Rome had nothing to rival them in rottenness.
"
– Peter de Rosa (Vicars of Christ, p48)


John XII (955-964).
Born from an incestuous relationship between Pope Sergio III and his 13-year-old daughter Marozie. John, in turn, took his mother as his own mistress.

Pope at 18, he turned the Lateran into a brothel. He was accused by a synod of "sacrilege, simony, perjury, murder, adultery and incest" and was temporarily deposed.

He took his revenge on opponents by hacking off limbs. He was murdered by an enraged husband who caught him having sex with his wife.

11th Century Horror
Church lords over ignorant squalor of millions


1095 -
Pope Urban II calls upon the Franks to invade the more civilized Muslim world. Begins five centuries of warfare.

"Let those who have hitherto been robbers now become soldiers."
– Urban II addresses his gangsters.


1009: Rivalry from Islam prompts eastern churches to break with idolatry. This 'iconoclasm' begins breach with idol-worshipping Catholic west. Centuries of bloodshed ensue.


1079: The Council of Rome: Persecution of Berengarius & his followers who cannot stomach the dogma of 'transmutation of bread & wine into Christ.'


12th Century Criminality

Christian Church ally of murderous kings & rogue princes


http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/IMAGES/crusaders.jpg
"Warrior Monks" - Muslim heads catapulted into the besieged city of Antioch by Christian Knights (Illumination from Les Histoires d'Outremer by William of Tyre 12th century, Bibliotheque Nationale, Paris).


1184 Council of Verona condemns Waldensians for witchcraft. The charge is later extended to condemn heretics.

13th Century Wickedness

Vile Crusaders Plunder & Murder for God


1209 Pope Innocent III launches Albigensian Crusade against Christian Cathars of southern France. 7000 massacred in La Madeleine Church alone.


1211 Burning of Waldenses heretics at Strasbourg begins several centuries of persecution.

German Teutonic Knights butcher their way through the Baltic lands, savage Catholic Poles & Orthodox Russians.


1231: Pope Gregory IX authorizes Inquisition for dealing with heretics.


1277 Pope John XXI, alarmed by rumors of pagan heresy among “scholars of arts in the faculty of theology" pressurizes Stephen Tempier, Bishop of Paris, to prohibit 219 philosophical and theological theses. The "Condemnations of Paris" is the first of 16 lists of censorship.


14th Century Catastrophe

Church hostility to medicine allows plague to decimate Europe


http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/IMA...ews--14thc.jpg

Burning of the Jews of Cologne –
blamed by Christians for the Black Death (Liber Chronicarum Mundi).


World Domination?


"We declare, say, define, and pronounce that it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff."


– Pope Boniface VIII, Bull Unun Sanctum, 1302


1311-12: Ecumenical Council of Vienne. It authorises the brutal suppression of the Knights Templar (mercenaries of the church who have outlived their usefulness).


1316-1334: Pope John XXII, world's richest man and first pontiff to promote theory of witchcraft. Sanctions bull allowing heresy charges to be brought against dead people. In 1320 he instructs French Inquisition to confiscate all property belonging to blasphemers or dabblers in black arts.


1300s. Glowing eyes and nocturnal behaviour of the cat interpreted by the Church as clear proof of the hapless moggy's diabolic affinity. Wholesale trapping and burning of cats allowed free rein to the spread of the flee-carrying rat. Subsequently, Europe's population was decimated by the plague.

1347-50: The Black Death sweeps across Europe, killing one-third of the population.


"Jews were burnt all the way from the Mediterranean into Germany... under torture confessing to have spread the plague by poisoning wells... the poison made from the skin of a basilisk (a kind of mythical serpent)..."


– N. Cantor (In the Wake of the Plague)


15th Century Malevolence

Tortured Bodies by Sadists of the Lord


1411 Dominican Vincente Ferrer revives anti-Jewish hysteria in Spain: "cohorts of the Devil and Anti-Christ, clever, warped and doomed."

1415 John Huss of Bohemia, critic of papal corruption but guaranteed personal safety, burned at the stake. "When dealing with heretics, one is not obligated to keep his word." – Pope Gregory XII.


1415 Pope John XXIII deposed: "The most scandalous charges were suppressed; the Vicar of Christ was only accused of piracy, murder, rape, sodomy and incest."
– Gibbon (Decline & Fall)


1478: Pope Sixtus IV, in alliance with King Ferdinand of Spain, establishes the Spanish Inquisition. Jews, Moors and heretics will be imprisoned, tortured and murdered for centuries.
The bisexual Sixtus, though suffering from syphilis, fathers children from his elder sister.

1484 Pope Innocent VIII decrees that cats are unholy creatures, to be burned along with the witches that own them.

1486 Taking a break from book-burning, two Dominican monks, Henrich Kramer & James Sprenger, write a best-seller – Malleus Maleficarum ('The Witches Hammer') – 'the most blood thirsty book ever written.' (Peter de Rosa, Vicars of Christ, p184)

This unsurpassed nonsense rests on the bench of every magistrate and judge in Europe for three centuries and leads to tens of thousands of judicial murders.

1498 Dominican reformer, Savonarola – burner of books & ornaments of 'pagan immorality' – is himself burned for criticising the degenerate Pope Alexander VI.


You have conveniently posted short snippets of alleged 'histories' without any proper historical context. Besides, the expression 'pot-kettle-black' springs to mind! Since when did people from hate-filled Landover baptist become concerned with muslims and jews and murder in the name of religion?

Whereas today the holy catholic church campaigns for social justice and human rights, your the wicked doctrine and hate speech of this website far exceeds anything ever produced by catholic church.

Oliver Brendan Hayve 08-19-2010 10:16 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 583195)
Whereas today the holy catholic church campaigns for social justice and human rights...

...as with Proposition 8, you mean? Also, when you say "today," you're admitting that it didn't always, right?

Didymus Much 08-19-2010 10:45 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 583195)
...the wicked doctrine and hate speech of this website far exceeds anything ever produced by catholic church.

You're declaring that mere WORDS on the INTERNET (that's all a website is) are actually WORSE than millenia of warfare, superstition, INQUISITIONS, CRUSADES (need I go on, here?)... Wow. Just wow.

Total victims of Landover: 0
Total victims of the Catholic Church: uh, this will take a quite a while...

Bogdana Alkeav 08-20-2010 03:53 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 583195)
You have conveniently posted short snippets of alleged 'histories' without any proper historical context. Besides, the expression 'pot-kettle-black' springs to mind! Since when did people from hate-filled Landover baptist become concerned with muslims and jews and murder in the name of religion?

Whereas today the holy catholic church campaigns for social justice and human rights, your the wicked doctrine and hate speech of this website far exceeds anything ever produced by catholic church.

You know what, as an atheist, it is extremely rare I find myself defending Landover, but I must right now.

First of all, you accuse him of not providing "historical context" to these items, but do not in any way actually defend them yourself. Why is that? Is it because you cannot? Are you dodging the issue of your Church's history?

Then, yes, Landover is extremely racist, but you know what? They at least are honest about it. Heathen_Basher may have posted those acts because the modern day hypocritical church would claim to be against it, when meanwhile they themselves were engaging in it for centuries.

The modern church's campaign for "social justice and human rights" is pathetically small and ineffective considering you make up 1/6th of the world population. At least you know what you are getting with Landover. They don't completely change their positions in every generation to conform with contemporary views, and try to constantly ignore and rewrite their history so it looks like they've always behaved the way the presently do. Mark my words, the next generation of Catholics will end up disowning its present day actions as much as you do the past church now.

A very poor example of an "infallible", "unchanging" church led by the "Holy Spirit". Or do you still agree with the Pope's decree that cats are the minions of Satan?

Bogdana Alkeav 08-20-2010 04:23 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Oh, I thought I should add this. I found the article online Heathen_Basher was copying from, I thought I should put the rest of it up, since you think the modern church is just so wonderful.

1517 A Dominican monk Johann Tetzel swells papal coffers by selling indulgences ('souls freed from purgatory'!)


Book Burners for Christ–
Dominican monks in the service of Ferdinand proudly consign the wisdom of Moorish Spain to the flames (Berruguete, Prado Museum, Madrid)


1559 Introduction of Index of Forbidden Books (lasts until 1966)


1563 Following the Council of Trent, Jesuit Order becomes 'Defender of the Faith'. Huguenots are persecuted in France.


17th Century Barbarity

Burning Witches for Christ


Urbain Grandier, burned in Loudun, 1634. Cardinal Richelieu orchestrated his murder.


1600 After a seven year trail before the Inquisition, Giordano Bruno, who had the audacity to suggest that space was boundless and that the sun and its planets were not unique, is condemned and burned at the stake.


1605: The Gunpowder Plot. Catholic fanatics attempt to blow up James I of England.


1633 Galileo is brought before the Inquisition. Under threat of torture and death, he is forced from his knees to renounce all belief in Copernican theories. He is sentenced to life imprisonment. He dies in 1642 and the charges against him stand for another 350 years.


1618-1648 Central Europe devastated by Thirty Years' War between Catholics and Protestants


18th Century Scandal

Christian Church endorses Slavery, Racism & subordination of women


"And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him. And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren. And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant."
Genesis 9.24-26

"As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from the nations that are round about you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their families that are with you, who have been born in your land; and they may be your property." Leviticus 25:44

1738: Freemasonry is condemned by Clement XII and Catholics are forbidden to join.

19th Century Evil

Christian Church Rejects Science & social reform; Christian 'missions' go hand-in-hand with colonialism.


1814: Society of Jesus, suppressed since 1773, is restored. The Inquisition continues until 1834, Church-sanctioned torture until 1917.


1844: 'Protection of Children Act' allows Church missionaries in Australia to kidnap aboriginal children.


1854: Pius IX proclaims the dogma of the Immaculate Conception in the bull Ineffabilis Deus. Lourdes shrine introduced.


1864: Pius IX issues the encyclical Quanta cura and the Syllabus of Errors. It condemns some 80 propositions derived from scientific method and rationalism. Liberalism & socialism are denounced.


1870: Vatican Council declares the Pope "infallible".


'Bible Societies' & 'Missions' in European colonies destroy indigenous cultures


20th Century Iniquity

Christian Church allies itself with Fascism; opposes advances of science & personal freedom


1907 Pius X condemns Modernism in the decree Lamentabili and the encyclical Pascendi.


Hitler's Pope
- Pius XII (1939-1958)


Hitler, a Roman Catholic, is never excommunicated for causing the death of millions; whereas Martin Luther was excommunicated for criticism of the papal system.


Friends of Fascists Everywhere:
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/IMA...igo-hitler.jpg Germany

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/IMA...shFascists.jpg Spain

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/IMA...h-stepinac.jpg Croatia

21st Century Menace
Churches the Stalking Ground of Paedophiles & Sex Offenders

On March 12, 2000 Pope John Paul II attempted to purify the soul of the Catholic Church by apologising for 2000 years of "sins" committed by the church – quite some compensation for twenty centuries of terrorism, extortion and murder!


And yet – September 2000 – the same John Paul II issues "Dominus Jesus (Lord Jesus)", reaffirming intolerance: "Only one path to God – the Roman Catholic Church."


And the story does not end:

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/IMA...h-disgrace.gif http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/IMAGES/scandal.gif
Still the evil continues...


Child sex abuse scandal rocks the US Catholic Church


"The Roman Catholic Church has removed 218 priests from their positions this year because of child sexual abuse allegations, but at least 34 known offenders remain in church jobs"
- Reuters (June 9 2002)


http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/IMAGES/johnpaulII.jpg
Anti-abortion

Anti-birth control

Creator of "saints"

31 July, 2003 "Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith" condemns same sex deviants who seek marriage. In contrast, no Vatican condemnation of priestly paedophiles.

Missionaries or Murderers?
- The Christianising of Europe
Winter of the World– The Terrible Cost of "Christendom"

The Papal Princes– Christian Lords of Hell on Earth

Putting the Dark into the Dark Age

Burning Times – Auto-da-fι

Brother Barnabus 08-20-2010 09:28 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Although Dogbone Alkybreath is a Godless, heathen communist, that in itself does not negate her chronology of Sins of the catholic so-called church.

One of the points she did not list is the fact that the Catholic Church during the middle ages was a bought tool of the aristocracy. The chuch's job was to keep the serfs toiling in slavery. The church would threaten excommunication (damned to hell) anyone who had ideas of organizing an insurrection against the feudal barons who held them in slavery.

"My child I know your life here is miserably harsh and you're worked to death while the King, Baron, Lords, Earls, Dukes ad nauseum live high on the hog, but your reward awaits in heaven"

The Cantabrian 08-21-2010 09:01 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
What an interesting alliance here, formed between the communist atheists and the protestant fundamentalists.

Let me be very clear on this. I have no problem with any aspect of catholic history. Why? Because catholics like myself are not indoctrinated by propaganda about allegations about the church which are absolutely FALSE. We have heard many lies about the crusades, many lies about the holocaust, many lies about Galileo, many lies about the inquisition and catholics are SICK of people rewriting history like this. They should learn the TRUTH. But often the truth is too painful because when investigated it emerges that culpability actually rests with the opponents and detractors of catholicism. Witch burnings??? Protestants were mostly to blame!!! And in Germany many catholics stood up for their defence. Attacks and oppression of native americans?? ASK THE PURITANS!!!! Slave trade??? Ask the church of england!!!!

I suggest you guys have a read at *SATANIC LINK DELETED* , and it will help your education greatly.

Samuel Coleridge 08-21-2010 09:32 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 584393)
What an interesting alliance here, formed between the communist atheists and the protestant fundamentalists.

I don't mean to "pile on," but by actually reading the scriptures and the catechism, you have very little ground to stand on, doctrinally speaking.

The landovarians have little as well, but they try their best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 584393)
I have no problem with any aspect of catholic history. Why? Because catholics like myself are not indoctrinated by propaganda about allegations about the church which are absolutely FALSE.

False you say? I would ask you, why. Are they supported by your own sources?

No indoctrination nor propagandizaition there. :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 584393)
We have heard many lies about the crusades,

What lies? That the Catholics sacked Constantinople during the fourth crusade? How do you feel when they viciously turned against their "brothers in the faith?"

God obviously punished them by allowing the Turks into Europe, thanks to the Catholics. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 584393)
many lies about the holocaust

That your current pope was once a member of the Hitler Youth? You mean lies like that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 584393)
, many lies about Galileo,

You mean that the catholics tried to kill him? Who is lying?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 584393)
many lies about the inquisition

Perhaps you mean the way thousands of people were killed in Europe and hundreds of thousands were destroyed in the New World at the hand of the inquisition.

Are you a holocaust denier too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 584393)
catholics are SICK

The only truthful thing you have posted.

Bogdana Alkeav 08-21-2010 06:58 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 584393)
What an interesting alliance here, formed between the communist atheists and the protestant fundamentalists.

Excuse me?! Just because I'm Russian you assume I'm a communist?! Do you have any idea the horrors communism caused in my nation! How dare you!

Meek and Humble 08-21-2010 07:16 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cantabrian (Post 584393)
What an interesting alliance here, formed between the communist atheists and the protestant fundamentalists.

Let me be very clear on this. I have no problem with any aspect of catholic history. Why? Because catholics like myself are not indoctrinated by propaganda about allegations about the church which are absolutely FALSE. We have heard many lies about the crusades

Which lies are those, exactly?

Quote:

, many lies about the holocaust,
Oh, so Hitler was excommunicated? Those pictures of the Pope with Fascist leaders are photoshopped?

Quote:

many lies about Galileo,
What written about Galileo here was false?

Quote:

many lies about the inquisition
Such as?

Quote:

and catholics are SICK of people rewriting history like this.
We have nothing to gain by rewriting history. Your church does, though...

Quote:

Witch burnings??? Protestants were mostly to blame!!!
The European witch-hunts started in the 1320s under the decree of the Pope.

And actually, Protestants tended to hang their victims, while Catholics burned them.

Quote:

Attacks and oppression of native americans?? ASK THE PURITANS!!!!
I will. But I don't think there were many of them in South and Central America.

Quote:

Slave trade??? Ask the church of england!!!!
Thankfully, I have already made a post that outlines the history of Catholicism and slavery (and besides, Church of England are just Catholic-lites, not real Christians).

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showp...9&postcount=85

Pastor Isaac Peters 12-02-2010 01:09 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Evil is the absence of good, just as darkness is the absence of light.

Hippy-dippy false Christians often claim that Albert Einstein said that in order to resolve the problem of evil. There are just a few small problems:
  1. He never said it.
  2. So what if he had?
  3. It isn't true.
Here's what the Bible says:

Isaiah 45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].


Evil and darkness are clearly things that God creates, not merely the absence of something else.

nkdpagan 12-23-2010 04:49 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 646835)

Isaiah 45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].
.

So if evil is created by God why is evil a bad thing?

This is not an idle question for me, in fact, it relates directly to my posting of Job 1:5 in the introductions.

Billy Bob Jenkins 12-23-2010 04:51 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkdpagan (Post 661031)
So if evil is created by God why is evil a bad thing?

Evil means "bad things".

Cranky Old Man 12-23-2010 04:53 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkdpagan (Post 661031)
So if evil is created by God why is evil a bad thing?

Because God said so. God really hates those that are evil: Proverbs 6:16-19 "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

nkdpagan 12-23-2010 04:54 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkdpagan (Post 661031)
... to my posting of Job 1:5 ...

Sorry...Job 1:6

nkdpagan 12-23-2010 04:59 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 661038)
Because God said so. God really hates those that are evil:

But then God is a self loather, and he then punishes us for being what he made us...and says he loves us after setting us up for failure.

Cranky Old Man 12-23-2010 05:12 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkdpagan (Post 661044)
he then punishes us for being what he made us...and says he loves us after setting us up for failure

So?

Pastor Isaac Peters 12-23-2010 05:16 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkdpagan (Post 661044)
But then God is a self loather, and he then punishes us for being what he made us...and says he loves us after setting us up for failure.

Just how much of the Bible have you read?

Romans 9:19-24: Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? [What] if God, willing to shew [his] wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:42 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2022 all rights reserved