The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Things that the Bible doesn't say (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=17749)

nkdpagan 12-24-2010 12:40 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 661061)
Just how much of the Bible have you read?

Romans 9:19-24: Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? [What] if God, willing to shew [his] wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Remember I did read Job, so this I have heard...but if God does it, is it a fault? Or should this be a behavior I should emulate?

My reaction has its root in my religious upbringing, but not what was in the Bible, but what I was shown in the Bible, by priests and ministers, with their own agenda.

Meek and Humble 12-24-2010 01:19 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkdpagan (Post 661395)
Remember I did read Job, so this I have heard...but if God does it, is it a fault? Or should this be a behavior I should emulate?

My reaction has its root in my religious upbringing, but not what was in the Bible, but what I was shown in the Bible, by priests and ministers, with their own agenda.

No. Your job is to follow the commandments, shut up, and never question the Lord.

stv2kplus4 12-24-2010 10:07 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
this post is an act of love, to bridge undestanding, there is no hate in my heart on this...
.


I am curious, i see a lot a claims of people being 'true Christians', If I read 1 John 4, i can get an idea of some of the indicaters, and one thing it says is that if a Man says he loves God, but hates his brother, he is a liar. I have a hard concept with the term "True Christian" as we cannot puch God of his throne and decide this. I see a lot of name calling and what not, so is it more than just reading the KJV (my favorite) and actually striving to live his teachings.i know Christ knows we arnt perfect, and i believe, he wants us to strive to be perfect...
----
But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible
--
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
----
9And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
----

21Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
23Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Pastor Ezekiel 12-24-2010 10:12 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
I can't understand a word of that. Your grammar is so atrocious that your point is irretrievably lost. And you quote from a false bible, not God's Holy Word.

KJV only, please. :rtfm:

And if you have a question, this is not the thread to post it. If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.

stv2kplus4 12-24-2010 10:13 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
im sure some 'ring leaders' will quickly excommunicate me here, they will see quickly that i am very familiar with the KJV and the 4 gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke , John.But its a matter of learning the truth of the scriptures by spirit, not every word a man says

stv2kplus4 12-24-2010 10:18 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
are you talking about my grammer, yes, i do some typos'..(but it should be understandable for the savvy) i hope it is more understandable now.

I am curious, i see a lot a claims of people being 'true Christians', If I read 1 John 4, i can get an idea of some of the indicaters, and one thing it says is that if a man says he loves God, but hates his brother, he is a liar. I have a hard concept with the term "True Christian" as we cannot push God of his throne and decide this. I see a lot of name calling and what not, so is it more than just reading the KJV (my favorite) and actually striving to live his teachings. I know Christ knows we arn't perfect, and i believe, he wants us to strive to be perfect...

---
those scriptural quotes are from the KJV. i dont understand.

Felicity 12-24-2010 10:20 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
@stv2kplus4 Why don't you just ask Jesus for better grammar skills? :)

stv2kplus4 12-24-2010 10:24 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Of course it belongs here in the "things the bible doesnt say"..section
.
its doesnt say its a duty label people as true/false Christians.
.
it doesnt say uts a duty to rebuke ALL, but those who sin against YOU.
.
it doesnt say to call people hurtful names.
.
it DOES say things about 'railers' and not to be that way.........you know what that means? (look at your things about all the people Jesus dislikes or whatever at the bottom of your posts, considering you have no idea about my heart, isnt that railing?)

of course, i am with the understanding that the Messiah came with the NEW message. and to change the ways of the past , some of the ways of the OT, a new convenant with man. right?

Cindy Lou Jenkins 12-24-2010 10:27 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stv2kplus4 (Post 661881)
one thing it says is that if a man says he loves God, but hates his brother, he is a liar.

If you are trying to suggest that the Bible contradicts itself, i assure you it does not.

Luke 14:26 (King James Version)

26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

(Billy Bob: I approve this post.)

stv2kplus4 12-24-2010 10:29 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
i think its terrible to label me as 'unsaved trash', you have no idea.
.
how hurtful.
.
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

.
do we understand about the spirit of truth, whats in our hearts, how what comes out of our mouths is what defiles us?
.
isnt the grammer thing really just a 'cheap shot' at me? and for what?

your brother in Christ.

Pastor Ezekiel 12-24-2010 10:32 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stv2kplus4 (Post 661888)
of course, i am with the understanding that the Messiah came with the NEW message. and to change the ways of the past , some of the ways of the OT, a new convenant with man. right?


Really? Do tell. And exactly which parts of the OT are we to ignore? Post them here please, so we can get busy. :rtfm:

stv2kplus4 12-24-2010 10:35 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy Lou Jenkins (Post 661889)
If you are trying to suggest that the Bible contradicts itself, i assure you it does not.

Luke 14:26 (King James Version)

26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

(Billy Bob: I approve this post.)

you say it, not me. i think on the level you are looking at it, you will find many contradictions, i do not. which is one of the things i like about the KJV, its clears up contradictions in the NIV.........

do you remember Jesus ever saying "love your life", "love one another"?as i am a disciple of Christ, so therfore, a brother...... this teaching could be associated to priority to God?, no? so ,can we love our life?

Cindy Lou Jenkins 12-24-2010 10:40 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stv2kplus4 (Post 661895)
you say it, not me. i think on the level you are looking at it, you will find many contradictions, i do not. which is one of the things i like about the KJV, its clears up contradictions in the NIV.........

do you remember Jesus ever saying "love your life", "love one another"?as i am a disciple of Christ, so therfore, a brother...... this teaching could be associated to priority to God?, no? so ,can we love our life?

You are the one picking scripture to contradict others. Then you have the nerve to accuse me of seeing contradictions when i have clearly stated there are none. You sir are a hypocrite. If you do not perceive any contradiction, then good. Maybe there is some hope for your otherwise damned soul. But do not go around projecting your blasphemy on others.

(Billy Bob: I approve this post.)

stv2kplus4 12-24-2010 10:41 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 661892)
Really? Do tell. And exactly which parts of the OT are we to ignore? Post them here please, so we can get busy. :rtfm:

The parts Jesus corrects. you will find them in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Its not a secret. This is a purpose of the Messiah, to give testimony to the truth. you dont need to put angry emoticons, this is a healthy discussion between brothers and sisters. we are not doing anything wrong. do you have a lot of anger in your heart? if not, i can tell you, you come across that way, and it can make people stand-offish and be counter-productive to new Christians faith and may even de-rail someone.....(btw you never addressed the 'railing' issue) is this a valid teaching in the NT?

Pastor Ezekiel 12-24-2010 10:44 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stv2kplus4 (Post 661900)
The parts Jesus corrects. you will find them in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Its not a secret. This is a purpose of the Messiah, to give testimony to the truth. you dont need to put angry emoticons, this is a healthy discussion between brothers and sisters. we are not doing anything wrong. do you have a lot of anger in your heart? if not, i can tell you, you come across that way, and it can make people stand-offish and be counter-productive to new Christians faith and may even de-rail someone.....(btw you never addressed the 'railing' issue) is this a valid teaching in the NT?

Post the Scriptures from the Old Testament that we are to ignore. Which ones? The 10 Commandments? Be specific.

My Bible says quite the opposite. :rtfm:

Quote:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:18
Has Heaven and earth passed? :huh:

stv2kplus4 12-24-2010 10:47 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 661904)
Post the Scriptures from the Old Testament that we are to ignore. Which ones? The 10 Commandments? Be specific.

My Bible says quite the opposite. :rtfm:



Has Heaven and earth passed? :huh:

---
i can see we are going to have some fun tonight, i am going to eat dinner, and then get on that.....
---
do you really not know Jesus corrected the old way?.....i think you do.,..but i will present some to you after dinner.
.
your brother in Christ

Pastor Ezekiel 12-24-2010 10:51 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stv2kplus4 (Post 661906)
---
i can see we are going to have some fun tonight, i am going to eat dinner, and then get on that.....
---
do you really not know Jesus corrected the old way?.....i think you do.,..but i will present some to you after dinner.
.
your brother in Christ

Go chew your blubber. You are not my brother.

Ezekiel Bathfire 12-24-2010 10:51 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stv2kplus4 (Post 661888)
Of course it belongs here in the "things the bible doesnt say"..section
.
its doesnt say its a duty label people as true/false Christians.

You are either a True Christian™ or you aren’t a Christian at all. Lu:6:26: Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
2Pe:2:1: But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
Quote:

it doesnt say uts a duty to rebuke ALL, but those who sin against YOU.
I rebuke you! Those who sin against me, I forgive, those who sin against God sin against His Law and are subject to punishment and rebuke.
Quote:

it doesnt say to call people hurtful names.
M't:3:7: But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
M't:12:34: O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
M't:23:33: Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Quote:

it DOES say things about 'railer' and not to be that way.........you know what that means? (look at your things about all the people Jesus dislikes or whatever at the bottom of your posts, considering you have no idea about my heart, isnt that railing?)
Your heart is irrelevant, I’m thinking of your brain that is infested with demons of liberalism. And if you mean ‘soul’, only God can look into that and if you think I’m God, you are deluded.
Quote:

of course, i am with the understanding that the Messiah came with the NEW message. and to change the ways of the past , some of the ways of the OT, a new convenant with man. right?
Partially, Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.


Jesus did, however, change the dietary laws.

stv2kplus4 12-24-2010 11:15 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 661912)
You are either a True Christian™ or you aren’t a Christian at all. Lu:6:26: Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
2Pe:2:1: But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.I rebuke you! Those who sin against me, I forgive, those who sin against God sin against His Law and are subject to punishment and rebuke. M't:3:7: But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
M't:12:34: O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
M't:23:33: Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?Your heart is irrelevant, I’m thinking of your brain that is infested with demons of liberalism. And if you mean ‘soul’, only God can look into that and if you think I’m God, you are deluded. Partially, Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.


Jesus did, however, change the dietary laws.


you dont understand something, he taught not to be called Rabbi, but his disciples called him Rabbi, whats good for him, is good for him, thats fine, and what he commands his disciples is what he commands his disciples, its not for us to decide. you put a lot of words in my mouth.

stv2kplus4 12-24-2010 11:21 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 661910)
Go chew your blubber. You are not my brother.


"Jesus did, however, change the dietary laws."
.
we have a break through already, and we haven't even begun.
.
ezekial you cant 'cherry pick' scripture, wether it is for or against.
.
do you agree that the dietary laws are changed,? also how about the ritual hand washing laws? or being being in the company of the 'unrighteuous' is that a law? the pharisee's must have picked that up somewhere?....
.
so now the ball is in your court.
.
do you disregard the teachings on railing? do you not know we are all sinners?
.
does this apply to you?

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
---
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brothers is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
---
does that apply to you?, or this?
.
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
--
i show these verses to try to get you to look inside yourself, and take the focus off of me.

you likely wont answer these questions,

-
so i will ask, since it has been determined that Jesus did change some old way (ie moses dietary laws)....so now its on you, can you show me another way that Jesus changed the an old way.....can you come up with another? how about two?
--
your brother in Christ

stv2kplus4 12-24-2010 11:31 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
___
]Its not my opinion it differs from....
---
12But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. 13But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.



----
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
-----
there are teachings on how we will be responsible for every [idle] word we speak....(loose remembering)

your brother in Christ

stv2kplus4 12-24-2010 11:36 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 661910)
Go chew your blubber. You are not my brother.

Is this a typical reaction when you cant back up what you say? this is strange, the liberalist call me a conservative baptist, the conservative bapstists call me a lliberalist, is this a narrow path?

Ezekiel Bathfire 12-24-2010 11:40 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
It cannot be your original opinion if it is Jesus'. All you are doing is pretending that you thought of it too - which makes you look mighty foolish.

And you were the one who started railing against 'cherry picking'

M't:7:5: Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

stv2kplus4 12-25-2010 01:58 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 661951)
It cannot be your original opinion if it is Jesus'. All you are doing is pretending that you thought of it too - which makes you look mighty foolish.

And you were the one who started railing against 'cherry picking'

M't:7:5: Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

---
thats my point too, its not me saying it, its my saying, it comes from Jesus.....calm down, if you blindly look to discredit me, no matter what i say you will twist it to find fault, but it is understandable on a message system so much is lost without eye contact, tones of voice, etc.

merry Christmas

stv2kplus4 12-25-2010 06:14 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stv2kplus4 (Post 662015)
---
thats my point too, its not me saying it, its my saying, it comes from Jesus.....calm down, if you blindly look to discredit me, no matter what i say you will twist it to find fault, but it is understandable on a message system so much is lost without eye contact, tones of voice, etc.

merry Christmas

i need to correct a mistake i made when typing....
.
thats my point too, its not me saying it, its my saying, it comes from Jesus.....calm down
...
this should read..

.thats my point too, its not me saying it, its not my saying, it comes from Jesus.....calm down

thnx

BelieverInGod 12-25-2010 06:38 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Look kiddo, you have no idea what you're talking about. You can barely get words out, and they're not exactly easy to follow. But we're the idiots because we can't read what you "really wanted to say" out of the garbage you post on our thread.

Genesis 11:17 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Proverbs 29:20 Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

stv2kplus4 12-25-2010 07:09 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 662160)
Look kiddo, you have no idea what you're talking about. You can barely get words out, and they're not exactly easy to follow. But we're the idiots because we can't read what you "really wanted to say" out of the garbage you post on our thread.

Genesis 11:17 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Proverbs 29:20 Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

r u speaking to me? i never called anyone an idiot. thnx for your concerm.
Merry Christmas

stv2kplus4 12-25-2010 06:54 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heathen_Basher (Post 662230)
Now, as for things that were changed in the New Testament:

Many FALSE Christians assume that Jesus invalidated The Old Testament so that three-quarters of The Bible can only be used for toilet paper. Not so at Landover.

The FALSE Christian way is to distinguish between ceremonial laws vs. moral law. Ceremonial laws were invalidated by Jesus and moral laws are eternal. The TRUE Christian™ approach is much - well - truer. We follow the entire Bible with very few exceptions:
  • We're not required to make sacrifices because Jesus has given one sacrifice once for all (Hebr. chap. 9+10)
  • We don't follow the food laws (Mark 7:15-19, Acts 10:12-16, Rom. 14:1-3) although some members still regard lobster with suspicion
  • We don't observe OT (=Jewish) holidays (Gal. 4:9-11)
  • The day of rest is Sunday (Acts 20:7, 1st Cor. 16:2)
The rest of The Old Testament was written by an eternal God who does not change and never repents.

Matt. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

If there are any others, please let me know.


plus he added to the commandments, or 'raised the bar', in cases such as adultry. This too, is part of the new. so we must observe his teachings as they also ADD to those of the OT. So we cant just look at King David, and then say the OT makes re-marriage OK(save for fornication) . Jesus changed alot. So we need to have love for our enemies, do good to those who mistreat us, and so on. It goes in both directions

"Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen."

your brother in Christ

Meek and Humble 12-25-2010 07:14 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stv2kplus4 (Post 662334)
plus he added to the commandments, or 'raised the bar', in cases such as adultry. This too, is part of the new. so we must observe his teachings as they also ADD to those of the OT. So we cant just look at King David, and then say the OT makes re-marriage OK(save for fornication) . Jesus changed alot. So we need to have love for our enemies, do good to those who mistreat us, and so on. It goes in both directions

"Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen."

your brother in Christ

Of course we need to love our brothers. (And hint: that's in the Old Testament, too).

Does that mean to lie to him and tell him what he wants to hear? No. It means to tell him the truth, and warn him to flee from the wrath to come.

As we are commanded in Leviticus 19:17, "Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him." Here, loving your neighbour is defined as rebuking him, and not allowing sin to come upon him. Further, we have never suggested that we don't love our neighbor. We're not saying "We hate sinners" - we're saying "God hates sinners." The purest, most exalted form of love is to tell people the truth, especially about weighty matters such as life and death, sin, righteousness, judgment to come, Heaven and Hell.

But remember, David said: "Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? Am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them mine enemies." Psalm 139:21, 22. David hated God's enemies with a perfect, spiritual hatred (as opposed to the fickle human emotion of hatred), just as all of God's elect do.

Brother Temperance 12-25-2010 08:54 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stv2kplus4 (Post 661881)
I am curious, i see a lot a claims of people being 'true Christians', If I read 1 John 4, i can get an idea of some of the indicaters

That's your first mistake. If you're just reading 1 John 4, of course you're going to get stuff wrong. You need to read the whole Bible.
Quote:

Originally Posted by stv2kplus4 (Post 661888)
it doesnt say uts a duty to rebuke ALL, but those who sin against YOU.

Whatever happened to loving thy neighbour? Whatever happened to caring about God?
Quote:

Originally Posted by stv2kplus4 (Post 661891)
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Yes, but we are angry with good cause, so that's fine.
And clearly that rule about not calling people fools is only a guide to action in certain situations, otherwise Jesus would be damned to Hell:
Matthew 23:17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
Quote:

Originally Posted by stv2kplus4 (Post 661933)
you dont understand something, he taught not to be called Rabbi, but his disciples called him Rabbi, whats good for him, is good for him, thats fine, and what he commands his disciples is what he commands his disciples, its not for us to decide.

Did you notice any of us calling anyone Rabbi?
Quote:

Originally Posted by stv2kplus4 (Post 661935)
or being being in the company of the 'unrighteuous' is that a law?


Let's see:
Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

1 Corinthians 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
It looks like it is a law, but maybe not in the way you were thinking of.
Quote:

do you not know we are all sinners?

I know we have all sinned. Past tense.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

I also know that:
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

nkdpagan 01-07-2011 12:15 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heathen_Basher (Post 661420)
No. Your job is to follow the commandments, shut up, and never question the Lord.

Wish me luck with that.

Rev. M. Rodimer 01-07-2011 07:28 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkdpagan (Post 669908)
Wish me luck with that.

Luck is not required . . . which is good, because True Christians™ do not believe in such ridiculous superstitions.

A commitment to serving the Lord, as you were made by Him to do, and a recognition that He loves you so much that He will burn you alive for all eternity in His Lake of Fire if you fail to worship Him exactly as directed, should be more than adequate.

Pastor Isaac Peters 01-24-2011 05:48 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
People who have never received the saving message can still be saved in some other way.

Our Lord clearly said that belief in His name is a necessary condition for salvation:

John 3:18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The Bible also says that those who have never heard of Him have no way of believing in Him:

Romans 10:14: How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 10:17: So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.


Yet happy-clappy liberal "Christians," who take offense at the Bible as actually written, dream up exceptions that are nowhere expressed in Scripture, such as the notion that those who have never heard of Jesus can still get into Heaven on the basis of "what light they have" or some such nonsense. That notion, besides contradicting the verses from Romans quoted above, raises what is called the "Then why did you tell me?" problem. That is, by fulfilling the Great Commission, we would be doing the gravest disservice imaginable by giving people, not a way to get to Heaven, but a way to get to hell.

Why, then, would a loving God let people live in a place where they have no way of hearing about Jesus? If they genuinely have no way of hearing about Jesus, then they must not have been predestinated to go to Heaven:

Romans 9:22-24: [What] if God, willing to shew [his] wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

thewordofgod 01-24-2011 06:52 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 681553)
People who have never received the saving message can still be saved in some other way.

Our Lord clearly said that belief in His name is a necessary condition for salvation:

John 3:18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The Bible also says that those who have never heard of Him have no way of believing in Him:

Romans 10:14: How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 10:17: So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Yet happy-clappy liberal "Christians," who take offense at the Bible as actually written, dream up exceptions that are nowhere expressed in Scripture, such as the notion that those who have never heard of Jesus can still get into Heaven on the basis of "what light they have" or some such nonsense. That notion, besides contradicting the verses from Romans quoted above, raises what is called the "Then why did you tell me?" problem. That is, by fulfilling the Great Commission, we would be doing the gravest disservice imaginable by giving people, not a way to get to Heaven, but a way to get to hell.

Why, then, would a loving God let people live in a place where they have no way of hearing about Jesus? If they genuinely have no way of hearing about Jesus, then they must not have been predestinated to go to Heaven:

Romans 9:22-24: [What] if God, willing to shew [his] wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?


God will burn this online site with everything else on earth in a short while from now. You aren't his chosen few to speak for him as none of the Christians were. The Roman government killed most of the saints after they killed Jesus. The new testament was rewritten by the Romans using the writings of some saints. They added their pagan ideas to them after removing any evidence of the true gospel so that the followers of the saints couldn't become new saints.

The Romans couldn't afford the time or money to hunt more of these saints who preached the true gospel. Once they killed all the saints, they had their leader, Constantine, to find a way to deceive these followers of the saints. This is when he started the Roman Catholic church and this new testament that was falsified to deceive the followers kept every single Christian from understanding what's going on.

I've preached in more than 50 forums this past nine months and this is the absolute worst place I've ever been in. I wrote a thread to show a very offensive slogan written in the Inroduction forum about newbies being trash. I have several of your members all over me for speaking against this invitation. They began judging me as if I was a criminal and I calmly used scriptures to show why I made this thread. That made it worse and here's some 12 year old moderator's infraction she gave to me that has to be the most rude thing I've ever read in my life.

The Landover Baptist Church

thewordofgod
, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have shown sufficient love for your Savior to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, lax in your tithing to Landover Baptist, access administrative features, spitting on Jesus as He hangs on the cross, or some other privileged system? If you are trying to post, Christ Himself may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

You better start making changes in this den of thieves or every single one of you will be burned up in the fire without ever knowing the spirit of God. Satan is in control of this forum because Satan is the symbolic name for the flesh of man. The tribulation is the flesh against the Word of God and if you read Genesis 3:15, you can see the curse on the serpent, which is another name for the flesh of man.

The good news is that all God's people are saved from their flesh as they perish, not just sinners who call themselves Baptist Christians. God is much bigger than you'll ever be.

Pastor Isaac Peters 01-24-2011 06:59 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thewordofgod (Post 681603)
They began judging me as if I was a criminal and I calmly used scriptures to show why I made this thread.

The same scriptures that you say Constantine falsified? :lol:

TheLordSavedMe 01-24-2011 07:10 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thewordofgod (Post 681603)
God will burn this online site with everything else on earth in a short while from now. You aren't his chosen few to speak for him as none of the Christians were. The Roman government killed most of the saints after they killed Jesus. The new testament was rewritten by the Romans using the writings of some saints. They added their pagan ideas to them after removing any evidence of the true gospel so that the followers of the saints couldn't become new saints.

The Romans couldn't afford the time or money to hunt more of these saints who preached the true gospel. Once they killed all the saints, they had their leader, Constantine, to find a way to deceive these followers of the saints. This is when he started the Roman Catholic church and this new testament that was falsified to deceive the followers kept every single Christian from understanding what's going on.

I've preached in more than 50 forums this past nine months and this is the absolute worst place I've ever been in. I wrote a thread to show a very offensive slogan written in the Inroduction forum about newbies being trash. I have several of your members all over me for speaking against this invitation. They began judging me as if I was a criminal and I calmly used scriptures to show why I made this thread. That made it worse and here's some 12 year old moderator's infraction she gave to me that has to be the most rude thing I've ever read in my life.

The Landover Baptist Church

thewordofgod
, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have shown sufficient love for your Savior to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, lax in your tithing to Landover Baptist, access administrative features, spitting on Jesus as He hangs on the cross, or some other privileged system? If you are trying to post, Christ Himself may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

You better start making changes in this den of thieves or every single one of you will be burned up in the fire without ever knowing the spirit of God. Satan is in control of this forum because Satan is the symbolic name for the flesh of man. The tribulation is the flesh against the Word of God and if you read Genesis 3:15, you can see the curse on the serpent, which is another name for the flesh of man.

The good news is that all God's people are saved from their flesh as they perish, not just sinners who call themselves Baptist Christians. God is much bigger than you'll ever be.

Hi wordofGod :bye: (you should capitalize the G in God! :))

Um, you sound like you're kind of mad, how come?:(

The Pastors and the other True Christians™ like me are saved and we are all going to :cloud9: HEAVEN :cloud9: to be with JESUS when we die! :clap:

You should really just calm down and get saved, it's rrreeaallly easy actually!:thumbsup:

I don't know what all that stuff you wrote means, but I'm pretty sure it's against the Bible, so it's probably wrong. Sorry if that sounds mean of me, but I believe in the Bible and what the Pastors here tell me.

Anyways, you should just not be so angry and let JESUS into your heart and soul.

:praise:

Tammi :innocent:

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-17-2011 06:32 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
If you call yourself a Christian, you're a Christian.

I keep hearing this, but the more I hear it, the less sense it makes. If I call myself the Emperor of Japan, am I the Emperor of Japan? God has explained to us how He spots people who only play-act at being Christians:

Matt. 7:21-23: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Titus 1:16: They profess that they know God; but in works they deny [him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.


He has also told us how we may do so as well:

Matt. 7:15-20: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

If you call yourself a Christian, but you don't do the will of the Father, then, far from actually being a Christian, you are abominable and hellbound.

Bible Student 10-18-2011 07:48 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 807091)
If you call yourself a Christian, you're a Christian.

I keep hearing this, but the more I hear it, the less sense it makes. If I call myself the Emperor of Japan, am I the Emperor of Japan? God has explained to us how He spots people who only play-act at being Christians:

Matt. 7:21-23: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Titus 1:16: They profess that they know God; but in works they deny [him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.


He has also told us how we may do so as well:

Matt. 7:15-20: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

If you call yourself a Christian, but you don't do the will of the Father, then, far from actually being a Christian, you are abominable and hellbound.

Every time I read a quote like that I remember this picture and wonder if the wolf really thinks he is fooling anyone.


http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uZwFmheQvy...0/hoodwolf.jpg

Pastor Isaac Peters 12-23-2011 05:30 PM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
Jesus accepted everyone.

Let's see.

Matthew 13:10-15: And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

That doesn't sound very accepting of everyone to me.

Matt. 21:12-13: And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Neither does that.

SheepForChrist 01-02-2012 03:28 AM

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say
 
"Jesus never preached about homosexuality."

False Christians love to make this claim, in spite of the following verse:

"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen." - John 21:25 (KJV)

How can anyone claim to know the things Jesus didn't preach about? He did/said so many things it would take more books than could fit in the earth to record...

The premise is actually false to begin with, because Jesus made the following statement:

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 7:21 (KJV)

Jesus states only those who do God's will will enter Heaven, and we know that God forbids homosexuality in many other parts of the Bible, so the case is closed.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2022 all rights reserved